Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Wildtortilla posted:

A CCPro? We have two Wii U Pro Controllers, the gamepad, and a classic pro controller (the thing that plugs into a Wii Mote).

I haven't played it but there is a one on one mode where one of you plays on the gamepad screen and the other with the Wii U Pro controller looks at the screen and you shoot balloons(?)

There is no co-op like Mario Kart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
NNID: AlfalfaTheRoach
Preferred Weapon: Roller

Also I know how to use Kraken now and oh my god it's so much fun.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Really disappointed there is no off-tv play. That was my favorite feature of Black Ops 2. :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

flare posted:

Really disappointed there is no off-tv play. That was my favorite feature of Black Ops 2. :(

The touchscreen map's important though, so it's not surprising.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

NNID: AlfalfaTheRoach
Preferred Weapon: Roller

Also I know how to use Kraken now and oh my god it's so much fun.

I hate when I pop my inkzooka and someone pops the kraken. It's sucha bullshit trump card that I want it on a blaster.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shoutout to NeddySeagoon, Heran Bago and Caerulius for the rounds.
(We have discovered who the weak link is. Can you guess who? It's Heran)

Quoting myself for the new page. Jump on IRC as well and shoot the poo poo between rounds. It's good fun thus far :)

Infinitum posted:

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren:
:getin:

I'm going through this thread now to compile your Nintendo IDs into a document.

To make things easier can you please list your
- NNID
- Country
- Preferred weapon (Optional)

:siren::pcgaming: Document is here :pcgaming::siren:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

This is the closest thing to a guide I've found so far
http://www.rgj.com/story/life/2015/05/29/splatoon-weapon-list-unlocking-guide/28137051/

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://au.ign.com/wikis/splatoon IGN has a good wiki as well.

Added everyone on the list as friends. Now to go back and check each page for IDs.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Infinitum posted:

http://au.ign.com/wikis/splatoon IGN has a good wiki as well.

Added everyone on the list as friends. Now to go back and check each page for IDs.

You might want to make a google form for this, so that way the list is kept clean and you don't have to manually add names to it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
NNID: JudgeTesla
Prefered Weapon: .52 Gal, or anything that shoots fast.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

NNID: njsykora
Weapon: Tentatek Splattershot

I lost a game today by 0.1% and I made a pained noise because I knew it was close but I didn't think it was "one more shot could've taken it" close.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Drastic Actions posted:

You might want to make a google form for this, so that way the list is kept clean and you don't have to manually add names to it.

Didn't know this existed. Looking into it now. Cheers mate.

I've manually added everyone in up to this post and friended everyone as well. :getin:

Lurkcopter
Aug 6, 2013
NNID: Lurkcopter
fav. weapon: undecided

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

NNID: Nephzinho
Prefered Weapon: Blasters of some kind, Tentatek Splattershot atm, might go with Aerospray RG.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 30, 2015

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

It would be nice to actually have someone in my friend's list.

NNID: Pyratheon
Favorite weapon: Splattershot Jr.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
NNID: Poultron
Favorite Weapon: Probably the Krak-on Roller right now

Shining Finger
Jul 23, 2011
NNID: Junker87
Preferred weapon: Primarily blasters.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Here's all the weapon unlocks plus which boss scroll gives what
http://www.primagames.com/games/splatoon/tips/how-unlock-every-weapon-splatoon

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
NNID: Hardcordion
Preferred Weapon: Charger

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren::getin:
Talk about how Team Cat is obviously the correct choice, and generally shoot the poo poo between rounds!

:mario::krakken: Please submit your NintendoIDs to this automated form! :krakken::mario:

(If you have posted your NintendoID already, I have manually added it in. If it is not there, please submit the form!)

Cheers to Bread Set Jettison for suggesting Google Forms!

Please endlessly quote this and lets play some goddamn Splatoon!

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 16:37 on May 30, 2015

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Budget Prefuse posted:

i love the clothing customization in this game. it's all stuff i wear irl. the snapbacks,basketball jerseys and motherfuckin yeezys. i don't think i've ever been this obsessed with having to buy all the clothes in a video game

Someone on Twitter made a comment a few weeks before release that Splatoon seemed to be the only game released in the last 5 years that actually seemed to know what was currently fashionable. I'm more surprised that the game has managed to have all these custom clothing options but avoid them making enemies harder to spot.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also if your name is already on the list feel free to use it and submit if because I added all 29 weapons to the form so you can properly select the ones you want.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Someone's gotta give me some tips on how to play this game not using a Roller. The only blaster I've had success with is the .52 gal and everything else has been miserable.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Eej posted:

Someone's gotta give me some tips on how to play this game not using a Roller. The only blaster I've had success with is the .52 gal and everything else has been miserable.

Play more of the single-player campaign; it's good practice.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

JonasOrtega
USA
Charger

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Infinitum posted:

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren::getin:
Talk about how Team Cat is obviously the correct choice, and generally shoot the poo poo between rounds!

:mario::krakken: Please submit your NintendoIDs to this automated form! :krakken::mario:

(If you have posted your NintendoID already, I have manually added it in. If it is not there, please submit the form!)

Cheers to Bread Set Jettison for suggesting Google Forms!

Please endlessly quote this and lets play some goddamn Splatoon!

I didn't read and now I'm in team cat, I've made a huge mistake

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Eej posted:

Shoot da enemy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

There were cats on the form man. Don't know what to tell you other than welcome to the team.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I hope rank battles unlock soon because I would like to play a match where the winners and losers can't be switched around right at the last second. Turf battles are still a lot of fun though.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How do I join Team Cat?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

CatsPajamas posted:

Someone asked earlier about what exactly the Amiibo got you:

20 Single-Player Missions (replaying stages with different conditions, Boy=Roller, Girl=Charger, Squid=Speedrun with Kraken and limited ink runs)

Well that's good. I just got the Boy Inkling and I loved the Roller during Global Test Fire and hated the charger.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Infinitum posted:

There were cats on the form man. Don't know what to tell you other than welcome to the team.

sneaky, sneaky cats :dogge:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Kurtofan posted:

Welcome.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Last night i got 7 rig maps in a row. Today I am on 7 of the mall in a row. Have yet to play this other map.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
Doing much better with gyro controls. I've been using the charger that comes with a sprinkler and the wail and doing really well on the mall. Can just hop up on one of the corners and kill any squid that tries to get in any of the other locations. Can stop anyone that tries to get to mine as well.... To the point that I'm having people shoot killer wails and the satellite ink cannon at me every time they can in the match... and of course all you have to do for that is squid hop off the platform and head back up. I use that time to hit any smaller spots I can't get when looking for enemies. I always have sprinklers up and am taking pot shots at every little ink spot my teammates miss... working really well.

Just have to get more used to the gyro controls. I hate that I can't do vertical with the stick... but have to keep reminding myself to use horizontal turning with it, since I'll get to some point where I stop using the stick for that and then end up being a bit too slow when I need to turn fast.

It's so great watching the rollers panic and die.

Asnorban posted:

Last night i got 7 rig maps in a row. Today I am on 7 of the mall in a row. Have yet to play this other map.
Other map is Inkling Underpass, and I'm happy any time it isn't selected. Every time it's in rotation I get it for almost 95% of my matches.

MaxDuo fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 30, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I have no idea how you'd beat some of the bosses with a charger.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm planning to buy this later today. What's all this team cat poo poo? I have cats and I'd love to be part of team cats!

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007
I'm a little confused about how gear and abilities work. I know the stores restock with random items every 24-hours, but do individual items have random abilities or will the same item always have the same abilities? The guy you can order gear from says that he can't guarantee it'll have the same abilities, but that could be a reference to the option to change the abilities on your favorite clothes that's coming when they start the special events.

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm planning to buy this later today. What's all this team cat poo poo? I have cats and I'd love to be part of team cats!

It's the first special event that's coming eventually. You choose between two teams (Team Dog vs. Team Cat in this instance) and every match you play puts points toward your team. Whichever team wins gets a special item that lets you change one of the abilities on a piece of gear.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Budget Prefuse posted:

i love the clothing customization in this game. it's all stuff i wear irl. the snapbacks,basketball jerseys and motherfuckin yeezys. i don't think i've ever been this obsessed with having to buy all the clothes in a video game

Yes. I like dressing like a 90s reject on casual days/off days, this clothing is totally in my wheelhouse. I found green converse today in the shoe store. I was like, I don't care if the ability on these is "scratch rear end for 15 minutes," they are going on my squid feet. I need all the squid converse now.

Hoping for a DLC with some guitar shirts and my Fender hat with a hand throwing up the horns on it. They can look in my closet if they need inspiration.

(There are raglan shirts in the game, right? I feel like I saw them in previews but haven't seen them crop up in the game.)

EDIT: Watching my husband play, I just realized that if you're using a gun, you can see the backspray if you watch the ink close to your inkling's feet. Holy poo poo.

Bean fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Infinitum posted:

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren:
:getin:

I'm going through this thread now to compile your Nintendo IDs into a document.

- Countblanc
- USA #1
- Roller or anything with the forcefield subweapon

• Locked thread