Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Count Bleck posted:

I think my favorite thing about this game is my dream of rolling over people with a giant paint roller coated in Mac n' Cheese sauce is now a reality.

It makes me hungry and want to do crafts. Maybe the sequel can be food based. Better not drop the squids though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MTV Crib Death
Jun 21, 2012
I told my fat girlfriend I wanted to bang skinny chicks and now I'm wondering why my relationship is garbage.

SeANMcBAY posted:

People really need to start splating walls. I always keep pulling wins because people aren't covering up my wall splats.

Does the echolocator show enemy locations for everyone on the team or just who activated it?

Walls don't count for end percentage, homie.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The sequel should let me play as an Octoling because they look cool.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"
Ended up picking up Splatoon yesterday and I'm having a lot of fun with this game, it oozes charm and has really solid mechanics. So far, at level 7, the Splattershot is my favorite weapon to use, with the Roller following

Last night I had preordered the Inkling Boy amiibo on Amazon last night, but today when I randomly went to the Toys R Us in Framingham they had like 15 of the Splatoon 3-packs, so I caved and bought that instead (cancelling the Amazon order). They look really good, the Squid is probably my favorite!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kilometers Davis posted:

It makes me hungry and want to do crafts. Maybe the sequel can be food based. Better not drop the squids though.

The shoe guy is already deep-fried :v:.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm liking this quick charge Charger...

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

For having the teams decided at 'random', I seem to get teams stacked against me an awful lot. 90% of my matches have been ended with me being the highest scorer on the losing team :(

Anime Curator posted:

Splat the earth :black101:

Now I'm just imagining a Splatoon game where the arenas are Mario Galaxy style tiny planets with funky gravity. That would be amazing.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The shoe guy is already deep-fried :v:.

It's just a jacket :ssh:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MTV Crib Death posted:

Walls don't count for end percentage, homie.

gently caress.:(

Undersea Magic
Dec 16, 2006

Infinitum posted:

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren:
:getin:

I'm going through this thread now to compile your Nintendo IDs into a document.

To make things easier can you please list your
- NNID
- Country
- Preferred weapon (Optional)

:siren::pcgaming: Document is here :pcgaming::siren:

NNID: UnderseaMagic
Weapon: .52 Gal / Roller

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Ugh, I just got the pun in the Squid Sisters' names.

Callie and Marie

Calamari

Ugggghhhhh :suicide:

Also added myself to the spreadsheet.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Ugh, I just got the pun in the Squid Sisters' names.

Callie and Marie

Calamari

Ugggghhhhh :suicide:

Also added myself to the spreadsheet.

There's so many goddamn puns that the blatant ones make you forget to look for the subtle ones.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

NNID: AlabasterW
Weapon: Roller

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Octoling DLC at some point in the future is pretty much guaranteed right

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I just body blocked three bubbled players with my own bubbler and then splatted them all when it ran out. I don't think I'll top that for a while.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Help Im Alive posted:

I wanted the hair as part of the helmet. I was very disappointed that it's just the mask.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I buy all the guns as they become available and try them out in a game but I keep going to the Jr.

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Last night I had preordered the Inkling Boy amiibo on Amazon last night, but today when I randomly went to the Toys R Us in Framingham they had like 15 of the Splatoon 3-packs, so I caved and bought that instead (cancelling the Amazon order). They look really good, the Squid is probably my favorite!

Not only does the squid look cool, it also has the best gameplay missions. It's super fun to speedrun the levels as a Kraken. I'm looking forward to seeing someone who's actually skilled do it, like a AGDQ or something.

Suspicious Dish posted:

the hardest part of single player is finding all the levels in the overworld

bobby2times posted:

I dont understand where the last 2 Zapfish are for the first single player mission. I keep redoing the mission over and over and dont see any other Zapfish other than the one at the end. Where the hell are the last 2 Zapfish?

codenameFANGIO posted:

Which is correct. I have done the first six levels or so and I do not get where the hell the rest are.

Each level has one Zapfish, to enter the next level you need to find the invisible Tea Kettle and ink it. The "save X more Zapfish" message is how many more you need to save before you can fight the next boss. The entire single player map is split into 4 islands I think, you can do the levels on an island in any order. Once the boss of the island is beaten, a cutscene points out the way to get to the next island (usually an ink rail).

If you're having trouble finding the levels, a couple of tips: typically they're about evenly spaced apart, there's a map on the Gamepad that helps a lot. I believe there's a cursor change if you point at one, so if you see your cursor change when you're running around try shooting. Also, ink shows on the Gamepad map, so if you fire ink everywhere you'll know where you've been and where you still need to look. Some of the levels require platforming to get to because they're above or below the island.

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!
Anyone know why my ranked match is still locked? I'm level 11 and it still hasn't opened.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It'll open for everyone at some point when enough level 10 players are around.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

GRINK HELCH posted:

Anyone know why my ranked match is still locked? I'm level 11 and it still hasn't opened.

It won't unlock until enough people are rank 10 to keep it populated since I think when ranked is available people will abandon Turf War completely.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I'm guessing ranked is gonna open tomorrow or Monday

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

i hope so

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!

njsykora posted:

It won't unlock until enough people are rank 10 to keep it populated since I think when ranked is available people will abandon Turf War completely.

Okay cool, I was beginning to think I was crazy.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Szmitten posted:

I buy all the guns as they become available and try them out in a game but I keep going to the Jr.

Same here though I am warming to the Splattershot Pro.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Can you jump over the roller? I thought I did it a couple times as a human, never as a squid. Wish it had instant replay so I could see what I'm doing.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I've been enjoying this game a lot, and I've finally reached level 10. I've basically been playing with just the basic Splattershot Jr. and I loved the havoc I could cause with the bubbler, and I've tried the Kraken Roller a bit and I enjoyed moving around the stage as an overgrown squid. So I'm just curious what other weapon sets might be fun to mess around with.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

To the people who posted their NNIDs recently. I haven't added them. Do it yourself through the wonders of a magic form~ Too busy playing splatoon~

:mario::krakken: Please submit your NintendoIDs to this automated form! :krakken::mario:

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren::getin:
Channel is up to just under 30 people now. Really good place to hang out and trash talk.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Couple of pointers.
- Squid Beacons. They're the little # tag looking things on your minimap. You can jump to them if a teammate drops one. :argh:
- You can jump to a team mate ANY time you like. You do not have to be on the starting circle platform.
- If you are using the Krak-on Roller, when you transform into the :krakken: remember to jump! Jumping attacks the opposition and kills them. Too many people just swimming around spreading ink.
- Team cat

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I added myself to the list. This game is hella fun thoughit really would not have hurt Nintendo to wait for it to be a little more done before releasing it. Ah well. Still a drat good time.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

- You can jump to a team mate ANY time you like. You do not have to be on the starting circle platform.

This is super good thing to remember. If you're in an area that doesn't need help, jump to an area you might be useful. ALSO and probably more importantly, jump the gently caress away if you are gonna die and have no options.

Damone
May 3, 2009

Infinitum posted:

To the people who posted their NNIDs recently. I haven't added them. Do it yourself through the wonders of a magic form~ Too busy playing splatoon~

:mario::krakken: Please submit your NintendoIDs to this automated form! :krakken::mario:

:siren: All squids and/or kids report to #splagoons on SynIRC :siren::getin:
Channel is up to just under 30 people now. Really good place to hang out and trash talk.

Whoop, didn't eye the Google doc carefully enough. I'm on there twice now. :v:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Edit: ^^^I'll fix it up later. Don't worry about it.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

This is super good thing to remember. If you're in an area that doesn't need help, jump to an area you might be useful. ALSO and probably more importantly, jump the gently caress away if you are gonna die and have no options.

Yeah I saw Neddy Seagoon do it before and I was all "YOU CAN DO THAT?!"

It is ridiculously useful and barely anyone does it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Help Im Alive posted:

Considering the ending I'd be SHOCKED if they weren't playable in some fashion at some point credits show them and the inklings becoming best buds! C'mon!

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I wish I was an inkling living in Inkopolis.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

The Amiibo 3-pack is already sold out everywhere I can find and is being scalped on Amazon for $60 minimum :thumbsup:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Whelp. Bought the Amiibo triple back because I am Nintendo's bitch. I just want to look like a mech suit dammit :negative:

K. Flaps posted:

I wish Splatoon had Jet Set Radios soundtrack

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Infinitum posted:

Edit: ^^^I'll fix it up later. Don't worry about it.

Yeah I saw Neddy Seagoon do it before and I was all "YOU CAN DO THAT?!"

It is ridiculously useful and barely anyone does it.

I don't even know what the mechanic is. What is it exactly/how do you do it? I'm assuming it's like Battlefield style spawning.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

K. Flaps posted:

Inkopolis is just another bullshit city.

yeah but i want Anemone or Urchin Hair. I'd also be all for Octo hair.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Other things I learned:

- Stealth is really good for defense play. Outside of echolocation, you are 100% invisible in squid form if you stay still.
- Charging of your special weapon really goes up when you kill people. It only takes three kills before you're charged on most weapons, whereas it would be 30 seconds of painting otherwise.
- Jumping as human form is surprisingly effective for evading squirt guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

I wish Splatoon had Jet Set Radios soundtrack

you mean you don't like "dow dow dodododo dow dow" and techno reggae?

• Locked thread