Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

No Pizza rules, try to stop me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~

boo_radley posted:

Soon you will be ready for a Super Cubana Torta. It's flank steak, shredded chicken, a thin pork chop, cube steak, two scrambled eggs, a hot dog cut lengthwise into quarters, queso fresca, a whole tomato sliced up, some lettuce, an entire avocado sliced up, some kraft singles, mayo and Chile sauce all crammed into a greaseball Mexican brioche made with lard, hosed down with food grade lubricant and fried on the same griddle as that gently caress orgy of meat until it sizzles.

E: it muft sizzle

I was totally on board with this until the tomatoes and avocados. I'll eat pretty much anything but I can't stand those for some reason.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

BillyJoeBob posted:

Yo I heard people talking about hot dogs. I saw a bilboard for this driving home today.

The "Most American Thickburger"

Ketchup on a burger is good.
Ketchup on a hotdog is bad.
I don't see any ketchup on the burger.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Finished pizza: TEENAGE MATCHT FREI

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

p-hop posted:

Finished pizza: TEENAGE MATCHT FREI

Don't sas the TMNT pizza.

It's my new god.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

boo_radley posted:

gently caress orgy of meat

...mods?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Turfahurf posted:

I was totally on board with this until the tomatoes and avocados. I'll eat pretty much anything but I can't stand those for some reason.

I made it to the Kraft Singles.

I mean come on, with Swiss that would be legit.

E: Why does American cheese even exist anyway? It's not that much cheaper than actual cheese, is it? What makes it even a going concern, let alone the default "cheese" most restaurants use?

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Data Graham posted:

I made it to the Kraft Singles.

I mean come on, with Swiss that would be legit.

E: Why does American cheese even exist anyway? It's not that much cheaper than actual cheese, is it? What makes it even a going concern, let alone the default "cheese" most restaurants use?

Kraft singles exist because America thought factory made foods were loving swank as hell after WW2, and Canadian James Kraft was all up on that poo poo.

American cheese exists because it's great on sandwiches and is actual cheese, not pasteurized processed cheese food subsitute.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

pienipple posted:

American cheese exists because it's great on sandwiches and is actual cheese, not pasteurized processed cheese food subsitute.

Why do you idiots keep saying this? No it is not. Kraft singles are american cheese. American cheese is a "cheese product." Stop trying to defend trash food. There are legal definitions from the government about what constitutes american cheese.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

big mean giraffe posted:

Why do you idiots keep saying this? No it is not. Kraft singles are american cheese. American cheese is a "cheese product." Stop trying to defend trash food. There are legal definitions from the government about what constitutes american cheese.

I didn't say you had to like it. A blend of cheddar and colby or cheddar and jack is, shockingly, still cheese. When you add other poo poo to it then it becomes "cheese product".

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

pienipple posted:

I didn't say you had to like it. A blend of cheddar and colby or cheddar and jack is, shockingly, still cheese. When you add other poo poo to it then it becomes "cheese product".

When cheeses mix they lose their good qualities and become untermenschen.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

lmao

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

strong cheese opinions itt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

*holds nose and makes voice really high pitched and nerdy* Why do you idiots keep saying this? No it is not. Kraft singles are american cheese. American cheese is a "cheese product." Stop trying to defend trash food. There are legal definitions from the government about what constitutes american cheese.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I didn't know American cheese existed outside of Kraft singles so I always thought I hated it and then I tried Land o' Lakes American cheese and it makes an amazing grilled cheese or tuna melt sandwich and is delicious. Well that's my story the end.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

American cheese is only called a "processed cheese" because it's a blend of at least two different kinds of cheeses, and has been around since the 19th century. It's not a "cheese product" by definition.

If you're going to get all spergy about cheese nomenclature at least check wikipedia or something first, dang.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I AM MAD.

MAD ABOUT CHEESE.

Also, the ramyeon burger, from Korea's Lotteria:

Not to be outdone, the Japan branch answered back with the ramen burger:

AnonSpore has a new favorite as of 19:29 on May 30, 2015

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Internet Wizard posted:

American cheese is only called a "processed cheese" because it's a blend of at least two different kinds of cheeses, and has been around since the 19th century. It's not a "cheese product" by definition.

If you're going to get all spergy about cheese nomenclature at least check wikipedia or something first, dang.

It originally referred to cheddar produced in the American colonies as far back as the 1700s. :eng101:

"process(ed) cheese" is real cheese that has been melted and pasteurized again to extend it's shelf life, no additional additives. "Cheese food" or "cheese product" are substances that might resemble cheese but can't legally be called such, they usually contain vegetable oil and thickeners and stuff.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

look, it says right there

"cheese product"

that ain't cheese any more than orange drink has anything resembling an orange in it

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Some british guy mixes some cheese scraps and sodium citrate in a pan and pours it over noodles, and it's amazing fine cuisine gastronomy.

Kraft does it and it's an affront to god.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I keep going to A&P deli counters here in suburban New York and they have what they call "Ultra Sharp Cheddar" from their in-house "premium" brand. Because I apparently have the memory span of a fly, I keep getting a quarter pound of it with my cold cuts expecting it to be tasty tangy cheddar that I can't resist eating by the slice before I'm even done making the sandwich. Then I get it home and open up the package and nnnnnnope, it's loving American.

E: Yeah, this poo poo http://waldbaums.grocerydirect.com/pd/Hartford-Reserve/Cheese-Cheddar-Ultra-Sharp/1-lb/256237000003/ IT IS NOT CHEDDAR, NOT EVEN REMOTELY :ese:

chickie nugs for brekkie
May 17, 2010
Process cheese exists because it melts easily. That is literally why it's made (thanks Food Network). If I'm in a situation where I want melty cheese then it's process cheese all the way. Grilled cheese, cheeseburgers, toasted Subway sub all get American Cheese.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

AnonSpore posted:

I AM MAD.

MAD ABOUT CHEESE.

Also, the ramyeon burger, from Korea's Lotteria:

Not to be outdone, the Japan branch answered back with the ramen burger:

Absolutely would.

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Efexeye posted:

"cheese product"

that ain't cheese any more than orange drink has anything resembling an orange in it

This is american cheese, that is cheese food product.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

C.P.A.N. posted:

Process cheese exists because it melts easily. That is literally why it's made (thanks Food Network). If I'm in a situation where I want melty cheese then it's process cheese all the way. Grilled cheese, cheeseburgers, toasted Subway sub all get American Cheese.

Here you go, make your own melty cheese sauce out of any cheese. http://www.amazon.com/WillPowder-Sodium-Citrate-16-Ounce-Jar/dp/B00250Y9Y6

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The crap cheese food products like Velveeta and Kraft are called "cheese food product" because they're partially milk and real cheese but also vegetable oil, sugars, and other crap to make a little cheese go a long way and be cheap for consumers, stuff that real good cheese doesn't have in it because it's not from Satan. If it was only mixed cheeses in there, it would still just be called cheese, like colby-jack is cheese and not "cheese food product."

Canned hot dogs and peppers. I don't know why, there are so many other better meats to can with peppers and sauce. Eh, I'd still eat it.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'd eat the top one if it was good sausages instead of hot dogs, but I don't know much about pickling so that may be Botulism Surprise :shrug:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Molecular cooking and modernist cuisine is using food industry tricks to save money and applying them to quality ingredients instead.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Scathach posted:

The crap cheese food products like Velveeta and Kraft are called "cheese food product" because they're partially milk and real cheese but also vegetable oil, sugars, and other crap to make a little cheese go a long way and be cheap for consumers, stuff that real good cheese doesn't have in it because it's not from Satan. If it was only mixed cheeses in there, it would still just be called cheese, like colby-jack is cheese and not "cheese food product."

Canned hot dogs and peppers. I don't know why, there are so many other better meats to can with peppers and sauce. Eh, I'd still eat it.

Hahaha, jalaweinos.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Apparently they preserve really well. I think people are using canned hot dogs more for survivalism than taste...I feel like the texture is off and the canner said she wouldn't want to eat these every day. While I love a canned Vienna sausage and wouldn't ever want to diacourage anyone from canning because it's awesome, have some more odd canned hot dogs.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Scathach posted:

Apparently they preserve really well. I think people are using canned hot dogs more for survivalism than taste...I feel like the texture is off and the canner said she wouldn't want to eat these every day. While I love a canned Vienna sausage and wouldn't ever want to diacourage anyone from canning because it's awesome, have some more odd canned hot dogs.

1: those aren't cans

2: that is a loving nightmare made real

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Efexeye posted:

"cheese product"

Kraft singles is to American cheese what powder on cheese puffs is to shredded cheese. It can say American or Cheddar on it all it wants but it's a flavor, not a cheese

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Scathach posted:

I've just started a diet. I think that every time I am tempted to eat more than I need, I'm going to look at these pictures and that episode of Kitchen Nightmare's at Dillon's.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
The things I do for you people.

e: oh poo poo, sorry for the enormous image. Posted all that from my phone.

boo_radley has a new favorite as of 01:20 on May 31, 2015

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
That burger is so bad it broke the table.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

1: those aren't cans

2: that is a loving nightmare made real

It's still called canning even when you use jars.

Maybe ugly food needs to be in opaque containers.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

NarwhalParty posted:

That burger is so bad it broke the table.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

These brought a tear to my eye.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pretty sure this is just a toad in the hole with bad lighting and a lovely instagram filter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Has anyone said cheese Hitler yet

• Locked thread