Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I wish Gogeta got more screen time though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Watched the last of Dragon Ball Z after stopping inbetween "He Always Late" and "Grand Daughter Pan" to watch Battle of the Gods. Really liked BoG a lot and after watching the three episodes set after the events of it and RoF, they don't really cause any issues with events in those movies. Heck, Bulma even mentions the last time she seen Goku was five years ago, which is Revival of F's date. I do hope Super Dragon Ball has Pan, Uub, Bra, Gotan, and Trunks getting a chance to shine. Heck, Marion might even be strong since her dad was the strongest (non-Uub) human and her mom was a cyborg.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

TriffTshngo posted:

Fusion Reborn kicks rear end because Gogeta sparkles Janemba into a tiny ogre child and Gotenks blows up Hitler and the Nazi army before Vegeta fades away into nothingness because at this point gently caress continuity in these things.

you forgot mr satan punching out some zombies then grumbling that no one's around to see him actually winning a fight

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

dr.acula posted:

None of them really end that smoothly to be fair

well I'd say Dead Zone, World's Strongest, and Lord Slug all end fairly well

Rirse posted:

Watched the last of Dragon Ball Z after stopping inbetween "He Always Late" and "Grand Daughter Pan" to watch Battle of the Gods. Really liked BoG a lot and after watching the three episodes set after the events of it and RoF, they don't really cause any issues with events in those movies. Heck, Bulma even mentions the last time she seen Goku was five years ago, which is Revival of F's date. I do hope Super Dragon Ball has Pan, Uub, Bra, Gotan, and Trunks getting a chance to shine. Heck, Marion might even be strong since her dad was the strongest (non-Uub) human and her mom was a cyborg.

that'd be pretty great

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Two Finger posted:

you forgot mr satan punching out some zombies then grumbling that no one's around to see him actually winning a fight

I was talking specifically about the end but yeah that owns too.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah i know just that that whole movie is fantastic quite possibly the best of them

though tfs' cooler 2 is pretty fantastic

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

there's a reason most people aren't fond of Wrath of The Dragon despite Hirudegarn being a pretty cool monster and the movie being decent for the most part , it has quite possibly the crappiest ending of any DBZ movie

And it ends with a song that is called, "If Goku can't do it, who can?" that is about Goku being the best hero on the show. Thanks Toei!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

New Episode of DBZA is out.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
When was the last "Krillin Owned?" Has there been one in Season 3?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Some Numbers posted:

When was the last "Krillin Owned?" Has there been one in Season 3?

I think the last one was when Freeza blew him up.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Man, Goku was on loving point in this one.

Also, Tien owns. But less than Krillin.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Tien?! What, was Krillin busy?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"At last, Karkarott, I am stronger than YOU!" "Neat!" "gently caress YOU" is basically the most succinct summary of Goku and Vegeta's relationship period.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I think the last one was when Freeza blew him up.

Nah, he got an Owned after his girlfriend too.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love that Gohan is the only one that calls him Tenshinhan. Makes Tien seem like an affectionate nickname.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

I love that Gohan is the only one that calls him Tenshinhan. Makes Tien seem like an affectionate nickname.

Goku called him Tenshinhan at least once back in season 1.

Using Shadow of the Colossus music for the Kikoho scene was inspired.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, he got an Owned after his girlfriend too.
And when Gero kicked him around.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is Krillin the master of the unintentional innuendo?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is Krillin the master of the unintentional innuendo?
Pretty sure Krillin intended all of his innuendo and Bulma wasn't picking up on it.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I feel like listening to Vegeta in Goku-mode was a pretty accurate description of him.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Xibanya posted:

when Goku taps out and Vegeta joins the fight, Goku says "thank you" in English (well, more like "sank you"). What are the implications of that, would a Japanese person see that as being cheeky and irreverent?

Couple pages ago, but I've been watching JPN DBZ to get used to it so when Super comes out it's not as big a shock, and since you've posted this I've noticed both Goku and Gohan saying "sankyuu" (buu saga). They both use a fair bit of gairaigo and wasei eigo like that. If I had to guess it's intended to portray them as more casual, not using super formal language, that sort of thing. Satan specifically also uses a ton of English loanwords - not an excessive amount, but enough to be noticeably more than other characters.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hah, Goku realizing he had instant transmission the whole time was great. Loved the Shadow of the Colossus music too

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Cell's semi-perfect voice seemed a bit...inconsistent (maybe the point?). One minute he had a distinct warble to it, the next he sounded pretty much like what I expect Perfect Cell to sound like. A few times he sounded more like his previous form, I just couldn't really place it down. Again the more I process it the more it might have been intentional, but I dunno.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Oh boy, we're going to get a veritable smorgasbord of Alucard this year.

And the USS M'Dick is a thing in this timeline, neat.

I'm calling two episodes before 18's gone.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 30, 2015

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Will there be a separate thread for the new anime or should I link this thread in the season thread OP?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Holy poo poo, Cell testing his lips absolutely killed me.

edit: Also, how does a group whose expressed purpose it is to make fun of the source material keeps making the great moments of DBZ that badass? Dat Tenshinhan.

e X fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 30, 2015

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

'gently caress power levels, gently caress Super Saiyans and gently caress YOU'

Words to live by

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

that was a really great episode, Tien was a badass, Cell being fascinated with having Lips was hilarious, and Goku using Instant Transmission was hilarious(also liked that he had a brief serious moment telling Cell that he's going to die)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

Oh boy, we're going to get a veritable smorgasbord of Alucard this year.

And the USS M'Dick is a thing in this timeline, neat.

I'm calling two episodes before 18's gone.

Oh god, we are, aren't we? :allears:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
"impossible gohan, we haven't gone in yet"

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I don't know how they keep getting better and better. The only way they could disappoint me at this point I think is if they just don't do the Buu saga.

A Steampunk Gent posted:

'gently caress power levels, gently caress Super Saiyans and gently caress YOU'

Words to live by

This right here.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
So much potential material for me to steal use :allears:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Goddamn do I love the mental image of Cell floating there, dumbstruck by Goku's disappearance, trying to figure out what the flying gently caress just happened...only to decide to amuse himself by buzzing his newfound lips for a while. :allears:

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Loved Cell's "How durable am I???" nod to future events

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I hope someone makes fansubs for Super in the style of the old VHS DBZ fansubs. :v:

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I hope someone makes fansubs for Super in the style of the old VHS DBZ fansubs. :v:

[Duwang] Dragon Ball Super - 01.mkv

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I AM THE drat PRINCE OF ALL loving SAIYANS GODDAMMIT

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Had a few good moments but I didn't really think that was a very good episode. But I guess they're trying to build up to the Vegeta smackdown. Still, Cell playing with his lips was fun.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Two Finger posted:

Had a few good moments but I didn't really think that was a very good episode. But I guess they're trying to build up to the Vegeta smackdown. Still, Cell playing with his lips was fun.

Someone's not a Tien fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Goku forgetting about instant transmission is the only explanation for why he didn't just teleport in and get everyone out of there earlier. All he would've needed to do was grab 17 and 18 and take them somewhere else.

Unless main series Goku secretly wanted Cell to transform, that's why he only intervened just to save his friends.

• Locked thread