Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

Don Lapre posted:

What do you mean?

The Titan X is available in a hydro copper, a Hybrid, and another company has a water block model coming out.

I bet it will be, too many skus and box art i think for a soft launch.

Wishing that it will be immediately available to Step-Up to, but ehhh I kinda doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Geology posted:

Wishing that it will be immediately available to Step-Up to, but ehhh I kinda doubt it.

Just buy the kit.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'd imagine it wouldn't be eligible for the Step-Up program, either, seeing as Step-Up is only applicable to upgrading to the next tier of chip, not to a better thermal solution.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'd imagine it wouldn't be eligible for the Step-Up program, either, seeing as Step-Up is only applicable to upgrading to the next tier of chip, not to a better thermal solution.

They make exceptions from time to time, when the 970 ACX2+ models came out they were available for step up from the older 970s. My first SSC+ was a step up from my original SC.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Linus got a potato from nvidia

https://mobile.twitter.com/LinusTech/status/604520096451592192?s=09

Diviance
Feb 11, 2004

Television rules the nation.

That's a sweet potato.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
$799. Not great, not bad.

http://wccftech.com/evga-geforce-gtx-980-ti-799-msrp-pricing/

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Read the top of the page. $649\

Also this popped up today about the NDA

http://benchlife.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/%E8%9E%A2%E5%B9%95%E5%BF%AB%E7%85%A7-2015-05-30-%E4%B8%8B%E5%8D%886.11.35.png

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Got my MSI 970 all hooked up..

No signal to my monitors :(.

The only thing I can imagine, it has an 8 plug power and a 6 plug. I used two 6 power cables and one 2 power cable.

I have a AsRock H87M motherboard...my 650 Ti gave me no problems..

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

89 posted:

Got my MSI 970 all hooked up..

No signal to my monitors :(.

The only thing I can imagine, it has an 8 plug power and a 6 plug. I used two 6 power cables and one 2 power cable.

I have a AsRock H87M motherboard...my 650 Ti gave me no problems..

What PSU do you have? My PSU uses a 6+2 for the video card so that should not be a problem. I'd check all the connections and try again, if you still get no signal then you might have just gotten a bad card.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
I know that a few people have already gotten their hands on the 980ti, but have there been any released benchmarks? How much better is it going to be over a 970?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Soooo, if the 980Ti is really 95% of a Titan X for $649 how are things looking for AMD? :stonklol:

Also, how are y'all Titan X early adopters feeling if the above is true? :lol:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

What PSU do you have? My PSU uses a 6+2 for the video card so that should not be a problem. I'd check all the connections and try again, if you still get no signal then you might have just gotten a bad card.

I'm a jackass, the card wasn't plugged in all the way I guess :)

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Soooo, if the 980Ti is really 95% of a Titan X for $649 how are things looking for AMD? :stonklol:

i doubt any titan x buyers are very concerned about money considering its a 1000% luxury purchase that was never good value compared to the 970 and 980

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 31, 2015

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

They're lookin' like I was gonna wait and see about the 390X, but at $650 I'll just sell my current 290X, buy the 980Ti, and enjoy an earlier-than-anticipated GPU upgrade.

Though if retailers are adding $150+ to that price for the first month or two like with some other launches, the 390X might actually show up before the 980Ti actually hits MSRP.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald

:o

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Fauxtool posted:

i doubt any titan x buyers are very concerned about money considering its a 1000% luxury purchase that was never good value compared to the 970 and 980

If the $649 price is actually true I could see a few people who bought Titan Xs thinking they might have been better off waiting and spending a bit more on SLI 980tis. If they don't need the RAM $1300 for 980ti SLI vs. $1100 for Titan X is an interesting thing to consider. If you're in the four-digit GPU range anyways what's $200 more?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
When do I get my Witcher 3 and Batman codes?

Bout to load up Crysis 3 for the first time, oh boy. :allears:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Everyone should have a super GPU to play games all pretty like so I feel pretty good

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Maybe i should have bought 2 honda civics instead of my ferrari.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Don Lapre posted:

The 980Ti is a Civic? :lol:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

There are so many things wrong with this post.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I just got a MSI 980 two weeks ago and have been trying to hook it up to my AVR /TV using a passive displayport to hdmi adapter. Right now I have my monitor hooked up via DVI and my Oculus Rift via HDMI. None of the 3 displayports provide a signal to either my AVR or TV when plugged in directly. Like, when I plug it in, it doesn't show up in Nvidia Control panel at all. I've tried every combination of having the computer off/on and tv off/on when I plug it in. I don't want to have a huge tech support derail, I'm just curious if anyone had that issue and might have a quick idea of something to try that I might be overlooking. Do I need to get an active adapter? Even though I leave my Oculus Rift plugged in, it's always off unless I'm using it. And I tried with the rift disconnected and still no go.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Asus Directcuiii

wonder if its actually going to light up

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Zotac's Amp! Extreme Edition has a sicknasty overclock:

Base Clock: 1253 MHz
Boost Clock: 1355 MHz

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Zotac's Amp! Extreme Edition has a sicknasty overclock:

Base Clock: 1253 MHz
Boost Clock: 1355 MHz

Triple slot coolers should be more common

http://videocardz.com/55867/zotac-unveils-geforce-gtx-980-ti-lineup

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Internet Explorer posted:

I still can't get over people spending $1000 for a god drat graphics card.

I can't bring myself to spend over $400 on a video card, otherwise I'd have a 980 right now.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

Asus Directcuiii

wonder if its actually going to light up

PC Gaming, of course it will light up.

Geology
Nov 6, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I meant to step up to the 980ti. Quoted the wrong post on accident.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Well, the 980ti performs super well thanks to the aggressive overclock, so I wonder how much additional overclocking potential it has compared to the Titan X.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dumb question, but what is the Radeon equivalent of the 970?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DOOP posted:

your imagination

they arent doing so well this cycle. They have some stuff that matches it in performance but is very power hungry and pretty much last gen top tier stuff with price cuts.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 31, 2015

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

DOOP posted:

R9 290 or 290X can come close to a 970, especially when overclocked. Yeah, it'll eat more power and be hotter/noisier, but you can find some used for $200-250.

If I were you though I'd buy a 970 and sell the two-game voucher code that comes with it, then you'd wind up with the new hotness for the price of the old and busted.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Zero VGS posted:

R9 290 or 290X can come close to a 970, especially when overclocked. Yeah, it'll eat more power and be hotter/noisier, but you can find some used for $200-250.

If I were you though I'd buy a 970 and sell the two-game voucher code that comes with it, then you'd wind up with the new hotness for the price of the old and busted.

Yeah, I''ll probably end up with the 970 eventually, but I was just curious

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Have we heard anything about an MSI 980Ti? I am really liking their coolers, though for SLI I guess blowers are better...

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Subjunctive posted:

Have we heard anything about an MSI 980Ti? I am really liking their coolers, though for SLI I guess blowers are better...

http://videocardz.com/55670/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-roundup

Complete lineup of 980 Ti SKUs from almost everyone so far. Only a reference one from MSI so far, but Monday/Tuesday isn't here yet. Back when the vanilla 980 came out last year, MSI announced that they wouldn't release a custom Lightning version of it. It's strongly believed that they'll be doing one for the Ti.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

MSI said at the time that they were waiting for the inevitable Big Maxwell card to do a Lightning GPU (as they got burnt last time with the 780 lightning releasing right before the 780ti at a similar price), so its pretty much confirmed.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
Which one of these cards would pair well with a Oculus Rift or is it better to wait for the next refresh?
Running a nVidia 560 448 cores.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I can see...every single blade of grass..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

in GTA 5 the quality slider replaces blades of grass with cars if you go all the way to the right.