Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I just downloaded a bunch of mods and I'm curious to see if they/my stream even work: Check it out, maybe?
http://www.twitch.tv/dork_rex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Archimago posted:

Try repairing the game. Probably won't work, but worth a shot.

SLI could be the culprit, but I haven't seen anyone complaining about SLI in the game. Never ran an SLI setup myself, is there a way to force the game to only use on card and see if that alleviates the issue? I know it was working fine before but ~troubleshooting~.

If that fails, the ever trusty reinstalling GPU drivers. Remember to tick the 'clean install' button (or however it's labeled).

As for the game, holy hell the drinking in Kaer Morhen with the other Witchers, some of the most I've ever laughed at a video game.

Geralt's drunk voice is ridiculous, and the silly drunk faces he/the other Witchers make are spot-loving-on. Then when Lambert suggests using the Megascope to get girls to the party and Eskel's like "summon the bitches" and we get up there and Lambert's like "no no, we have to dress like Sorceresses or we'll never fool anyone. Then we get the Hierarch on the line while he's taking a poo poo or whatever.

I was legit about to post saying what a loving tool Lambert is (God, such a tool) but then Geralt and him have a little drunk bro moment of "you're a jackass sometimes but I like you" and whatever, it was so loving good.

I took screenshots because godfuckingdamn this poo poo was funny. http://imgur.com/a/zHQcX

late game spoilers
I was really disappointed we didn't get geralt in a dress. maybe for an expansion. :allears:

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Funkmaster General posted:

So, having not played 1 or 2, or read the books, can someone explain why everyone in this world seems to think "Dudu" is a perfectly acceptable name and not a single person ever giggles or even smiles at it?

On a more serious note, why does Dudu's scarred eye become a required part of his appearance? Dopplers can look however they want, right? That other one was able to mimic Geralt's scars, so why can't Dudu mimic a lack of scars? He was even able to mimic Ciri's scar, but still also had his own. I could understand if that eye never worked anymore, but have a harder time accepting the giant scar.
haven't read the books or played the other 2 games as well but I assume it's because that scar tissue is damaged and can't morph along with the rest of him.

I also can't beleive Dudu doesn't get poo poo :v: for his name

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordiceius posted:

It would be cool, but I hope it would be nothing more than an easter egg.

There was a slight reference in the game to the Cyberpunk worlds in a passing comment, that could easily be all they need to do and people would be all :neckbeard: and wouldn't take you out of the atmosphere.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Reeoorb posted:

Wait. I went for the ursine gear... I'm five gameplay days deep, you're saying I'm still in the first act?

Act one is front loaded on side missions; there's way more sub level 20 missions than post. White Orchard is the prologue, act one is until the mission Ugly Baby. The game goes a lot fast by then if you'd been very thorough with side missions.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Blaisedell posted:

What a brilliant game. Perhaps the first RPG where it's actually worth watching the facial animation during conversation and not just looking at the subtitles.

The conversations with your exes are so unbelievably awkward because of exactly this. Everybody's reaallllly uncomfortable.

Unexpected
Jan 5, 2010

You're gonna need
a bigger boat.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I just downloaded a bunch of mods and I'm curious to see if they/my stream even work: Check it out, maybe?
http://www.twitch.tv/dork_rex

Stream works and quality is good but keyboard is way too loud in my opinion (mic too close?)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

The conversations with your exes are so unbelievably awkward because of exactly this. Everybody's reaallllly uncomfortable.

Some of Geralt's interactions with Ciri are awesome for this as well. There's a part in act 3 where Avallac'h is scoffing over how they don't know about Elven myths and you have an option to say how much you love them. Avallac'h takes you seriously and Geralt rolls his eyes at Ciri, who tells him Geralt was being sarcastic. The way they interact with each other with their faces alone is really good in that scene.

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.
So is there any way around the Eye for an Eye quest bug? I left the quest for later and now Roche won't go to the starting location so it's impossible to complete.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Johnny is cool as h*ll and I definitely laughed pretty hard at some really mundane statements, not even the stuff about poo (which was funny, poo jokes own) but he's just really charming and goofy in general. This game continues to amaze me at how good it is.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I no longer regain health after meditating.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Did you increase the difficulty? I believe you only recover health when you meditate on the lower two difficulties.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You better believe when I saw the dialogue option to have a riddle contest with some trolls that I hammered the gently caress outta that button.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I no longer regain health after meditating.

Did you change the difficulty? You don't regen health on meditating on higher ones.
Otherwise I dunno, try reloading your save or the game if somethings glitched maybe.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:
While cruising for "should I buy this" advice I thought I'd contribute something back:

Subjunctive posted:

I left the game running last night, and when I got up this morning I was seeing graphical checkerboarding flickering in it. Restarting the game cleared it up for a bit, but then it came back. I tried disabling the GPU overclock (which I've been running for ages), and that didn't help; GPU temps are around 72C, so nothing there I'm worried about. I'm running 2 970s in SLI, pretty high settings, but none of that changed overnight.

Problems like this can potentially be a sign of a failing graphics card. If you any oddities cropping up in any other games (or even eventually on your desktop) you should start banking on a new graphics card / grab that warranty info ASAP. If you're in an SLI setup or something... well unless you know someone who can help root out the problem area, you may want to plan on replacing the lot. Even if the temps weren't too high, that's an overall temp, for all you know there's some tiny spot inside a chip where one little connection is melting and beginning to cause errors.

Here's an example from random googling of someone else having a similar issue:

It's worth trying all the usual things. Backup your savegame, delete/restore steam cache, redo your drivers. Maybe try the cards individually to see if you can root out the culprit. But stressing graphics cards for long periods of time can cause issues. It Has Happened Before. Basically if you're overclocking and frequently leaving the thing on overnight- especially with multiple units making multiple failure points, you'd better also be planning on a failure. It's the reality of hardware.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Who the hell keeps a broken rake in a tiny box on their dresser?

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012

Pwnstar posted:

You better believe when I saw the dialogue option to have a riddle contest with some trolls that I hammered the gently caress outta that button.

I must know where this is immediately.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
high stakes Gwent tournament question Is there no way to turn the thief in? I wasn't going to help her since I was playing the loving the tournament... why would I want to help her wreck it. But seems she just gets away with all the money and you get no prize money if you don't help her? That's got to be the worst designed quest in the game.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its a few pages back, but to the person asking about the Dandellion recap on the loading screens they do disappear if you continue playing after the main quest is complete.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Wiseblood posted:

Then a pipe in the huge chest a few feet away.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Wiseblood posted:

Maybe it's a sex-rake?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Wiseblood posted:

peasants. thats apparently why theyre peasants

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006
Can someone explain loot and XP scaling to me as if I were an idiot child? What I gather so far is that you should try to avoid sidequesting until the main quest is slightly out of you level range and relics will match your level when you find them within a few levels worth of padding. That doesn't seem accurate though because even on Death March I'm hitting the recommended levels for the main quest every time with zero sidequests completed outside of White Orchard.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
I'm guessing that treasure hunt quests aren't supposed to award xp, and it's not the bug affect the quest. I just did temerian valuables and I assume your reward is just finding the items.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Loot is completely random. Don't worry about set quest rewards because crafted weapons and armor will always, always be better. Those are set in stone and it doesn't matter when you find them.

theDOWmustflow
Mar 24, 2009

lmao pwnd gg~

Spiky Ooze posted:

high stakes Gwent tournament question Is there no way to turn the thief in? I wasn't going to help her since I was playing the loving the tournament... why would I want to help her wreck it. But seems she just gets away with all the money and you get no prize money if you don't help her? That's got to be the worst designed quest in the game.

She's not the thief.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Spiky Ooze posted:

I don't know who you think is the thief but you should try to help the lady so you know what's actually happening. Also if you play your cards right you can get laid. :smug: Double entendre intended

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Wiseblood posted:

It makes more sense than Emerald Dust worth 3x as much as their house.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Archimago posted:

Try repairing the game. Probably won't work, but worth a shot.

SLI could be the culprit, but I haven't seen anyone complaining about SLI in the game. Never ran an SLI setup myself, is there a way to force the game to only use on card and see if that alleviates the issue? I know it was working fine before but ~troubleshooting~.

If that fails, the ever trusty reinstalling GPU drivers. Remember to tick the 'clean install' button (or however it's labeled).

Yeah, I'm going to run the full "reboot the modem?" set of possibilities I guess. Thanks!

revdrkevind posted:

While cruising for "should I buy this" advice I thought I'd contribute something back:

Problems like this can potentially be a sign of a failing graphics card. If you any oddities cropping up in any other games (or even eventually on your desktop) you should start banking on a new graphics card / grab that warranty info ASAP. If you're in an SLI setup or something... well unless you know someone who can help root out the problem area, you may want to plan on replacing the lot. Even if the temps weren't too high, that's an overall temp, for all you know there's some tiny spot inside a chip where one little connection is melting and beginning to cause errors.

Here's an example from random googling of someone else having a similar issue:

It's worth trying all the usual things. Backup your savegame, delete/restore steam cache, redo your drivers. Maybe try the cards individually to see if you can root out the culprit. But stressing graphics cards for long periods of time can cause issues. It Has Happened Before. Basically if you're overclocking and frequently leaving the thing on overnight- especially with multiple units making multiple failure points, you'd better also be planning on a failure. It's the reality of hardware.

That image does look a lot like mine, eek. Was that someone whose card was failing? I tried some other games with settings cranked to the point that they were slogging at 20fps, and didn't see anything, but they could be stressing different parts of the pipeline. I'll try the cards individually tomorrow if I get a chance. I'm fairly knowledgeable about the PC graphics space, so I should be able to try a large number of frustrating dead ends before giving up!

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 31, 2015

Poor Distraction
Jan 16, 2006
Late Triss questline question: Once she boards the ship do you see her again? I still have a quest that says to see her about something that hasn't shown up as failed yet. On the large map the quest marker says that she's in Novigrad, but there isn't a quest marker on the Novigrad map.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Blue Raider posted:

peasants. thats apparently why theyre peasants

How dare you! :argh: That rake was a heirloom passed down from my forefathers!

Poor Distraction posted:

Late Triss questline question: Once she boards the ship do you see her again? I still have a quest that says to see her about something that hasn't shown up as failed yet. On the large map the quest marker says that she's in Novigrad, but there isn't a quest marker on the Novigrad map.
Not until you hit endgame.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

If I could, I'd replace all the broken rakes with assembled rakes to help alleviate Peasant Misery.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Spoilers for the first thirty hours of Velen:

While searching for the witch Ciri had quarreled with, Geralt ran into an old friend - Keira Metz. The sorceress told the witcher about a masked mage. Ciri, it seemed, had taken shelter in his hideout. The witcher set off to find it, with Keira in tow. Ciri never reached the elven mage - yet the Wild Hunt had. The ghostly retinue was one step ahead of Geralt, or so it seemed. The witcher felt that all was lost, until Keira gave him a new lead - the Crones of Crookback Bog.

While searching for the witch Ciri had quarreled with, Geralt ran into an old friend - Keira Metz. The sorceress told the witcher about a masked mage. Ciri, it seemed, had taken shelter in his hideout. The witcher set off to find it, with Keira in tow. Ciri never reached the elven mage - yet the Wild Hunt had. The ghostly retinue was one step ahead of Geralt, or so it seemed. The witcher felt that all was lost, until Keira gave him a new lead - the Crones of Crookback Bog.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Cheston posted:

Spoilers for the first thirty hours of Velen:

Or so it seemed...

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

The drunk witchers is brilliant one of the few times I actually lol'ed at a videogame. especially Lambert as "Young Vesemir" or never have I ever... where you find out Eskel had a drug fueled sex party with a succubus, or actually the lets use the megascope to get some bitches! "YOUR A GENIUS" just perfect writing there.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 31, 2015

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So, I just did the In Wolfs Clothing quest and who in their right mind would ever let this guy go after curing him? I felt kinda bad for him til he announced to my face after being cured that he couldn't wait to get back out there raping and pillaging again. If he had played his suffering up a bit I probably would have let him go.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Verranicus posted:

So, I just did the In Wolfs Clothing quest and who in their right mind would ever let this guy go after curing him? I felt kinda bad for him til he announced to my face after being cured that he couldn't wait to get back out there raping and pillaging again. If he had played his suffering up a bit I probably would have let him go.

I cured him then had him tell me how to get a reward for curing him. Then I cut his head off as he tried to walk away and got both rewards

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

COOKIEMONSTER posted:

So is there any way around the Eye for an Eye quest bug? I left the quest for later and now Roche won't go to the starting location so it's impossible to complete.

Start Djikstra's next quest (The assassination one). You don't need to finish it.

The game bugs out because it thinks Roche needs to be in two places at once or something.

Edit: Oh, weird. While looking that up I saw this bit.

quote:

In an E3 demo of The Witcher 3, he is confirmed to be back in the Northern Kingdoms, having contracted Geralt to hunt down a griffin in Novigrad. In exchange, he would find the whereabouts of an ashen-haired lass. After Geralt returned successfully with the griffin's head, Djikstra reveals that Ciri was spotted in Velen in the company of a child-like creature named Johnny. He then asked Geralt if the girl is who he thought she was, but the witcher simply doesn't answer and thanks him for the information as he departs his company.

Anyone know if this was just weird and patched together for a demo or if you were supposed to face the griffin in Novigrad originally?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Archimago posted:

If I could, I'd replace all the broken rakes with assembled rakes to help alleviate Peasant Misery.

they have plenty of time to play an arcane card game. theyre good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012
Jeeze, can't keep up with this thread since I'm playing this game way too much in my down time. Hit level 33 and did a complete respec from my dabbler/jack-of-all-trades to a straight combat monster with the only non-red tabs on my sheet going to Quen, Axii, Cat School technique, and one of the other yellows. Was starting to have some trouble taking out enemies as fast as I had been and now everything seems to go straight to dismemberment or finishers.

Pulled a finisher on a bandit and his head popped off followed by his whole body shooting into the air and landing a few yards away. Best physics glitch I've seen so far.