Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Lemming posted:

I didn't mean to kill the room I just wanted to stop using the roller which I suck at :<

For sucking with the roller, you consistently scored top of your team. Thank god for putting sprinklers in places you couldn't reach.

I like it better when we work together though. It owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LanceKing2200 posted:

Regy Rusty and I just lost a match 41.9% to 42%, ending my 8 game winning streak.

:suicide:

I was so mad, I was convinced we had it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

andipossess posted:

For sucking with the roller, you consistently scored top of your team. Thank god for putting sprinklers in places you couldn't reach.

I like it better when we work together though. It owns.

I *think* there's some soft team balancing, since it seemed like the top two scorers didn't seem to be on the same team the next match, which means we were usually on different teams :P

I don't want to wait until august for teams though, that kind of sucks

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Worst Girl posted:

I was playing through the single player, and got a note that said

With the creatures of the surfave driven to extinction by rising sea levels, the ancestors of the inklings were free to haul their 10-legged bodies up onto the abandoned land. This is how to Mollusc Era Began

Does Splatoon take place in a post-global-warming world?

Yup. Wait until you get the last scroll and discover Judd's sad, horrible secret.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

How do you unlock the Callie/Marie fight? I've seen people talking about them being an unlockable fight, but I'm not sure how you'd get it.

e: or maybe I'm crazy? :psyduck: i can't find anything about it anywhere else on the internet. I swore this thread said something about it.

Beekeeping and You fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 31, 2015

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I've also made too many Miiverse drawings cross-referencing Fury Road, Playboy, the Get In frog, and Metal Gear Rising.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I know I said I prefer using Rollers, but the .52 Gal won me over. Especially the Deco version, that thing is amazing (Seekers and Inkstrike on an already great weapon = yes please).

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Szmitten posted:

I've also made too many Miiverse drawings cross-referencing Fury Road, Playboy, the Get In frog, and Metal Gear Rising.
:frog:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Beekeeping and You posted:

How do you unlock the Callie/Marie fight? I've seen people talking about them being an unlockable fight, but I'm not sure how you'd get it.

e: or maybe I'm crazy? :psyduck: i can't find anything about it anywhere else on the internet. I swore this thread said something about it.

I'm 99% sure that was just a dumb rumour based on someone's poorly-titled YouTube video, which made people think the squid sisters were the final boss. The video title actually refers to the phase of the final boss when the sisters do a background music override.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think the ink strike sucks.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

mabels big day posted:

It's ok, but only because its actual function in turf war is free inking of the map after the timer has run out.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

mabels big day posted:

You think this until someone wins a game by 1-2% with a buzzer beater at the enemy spawn.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The inkstrike is only good when you use it thoughtfully. It should go off in a spot that has enemy players congregated and will be difficult for them to reclaim.

A lot of people just drop it in the biggest patch of enemy turf on the map, where there isn't necessarily any fighting happening, and it'll get painted over in no time. Don't do that unless the match is literally on the final countdown, in which case absolutely do it because it's hilarious.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Rorus Raz posted:

Bought an Inkling Girl amiibo

I'm officially Part of the Problem :negative:

You're buying it to sit on and then resell at a higher price? Or are you just buying it to open and play with? 'cause the latter is cool.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yay finally I've gotten to play on all the maps. I like Arowana Mall a lot.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I just wanted to say how cool and floppy Squid form is when dry land. They did a great job animating them to actually bend to match the ground under them.

Also, a thing related to the Sunken Scrolls: The jingle that plays when a train arrives at the station in the background of Inkopolis is the song you find on one of the scrolls :allears:

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I don't know who you are JonSteel but GOD DAMM YOUR SPRINKLER. Good thing I used Suction Bomb Spat Roller today.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Stupid question about the Inkstrike: does the Special Duration Up perk do anything to it? Like, make the tornado last longer or something? Because that would actually be pretty neat.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Icedude posted:

I just wanted to say how cool and floppy Squid form is when dry land. They did a great job animating them to actually bend to match the ground under them.

Also, a thing related to the Sunken Scrolls: The jingle that plays when a train arrives at the station in the background of Inkopolis is the song you find on one of the scrolls :allears:

Yeah, that song is also the one sung to interrupt DJ Octavio and is part of the credits as well. It's very neat and has been stuck in my head the past few days.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
My favorite part of splatoon is when my wii-u sometimes just won't connect to the internet when every other device in my home does just fine

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

So far my favorite maps are the warehouse and the underpass because they're very open and fun, and my least favorite maps are the mall and the oil rig because they're chokepoint meat grinders.

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well

mabels big day posted:

It's great for taking out those chargers who are camping up high, or for firing into the middle of a battle while people are occupied shooting each other. It has some really nice situational uses and I get a bunch of kills with it every game.

It's also really great if another player on the team has the Echo Locator. There was someone painting our base area on urchin underpass earlier, and thanks to an echo locator I was able to drop an inkstrike right on their head from all the way over near their own base.

The aerospray rg charges specials so fast that I get inkstrike kills right at the beginning before the two teams have even made contact, just by looking at the map and seeing where their paint is currently expanding.

NuclearWinterUK fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 31, 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Big fan of arowman mall but salt spray rig is objectively the best

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

IronicDongz posted:

My favorite part of splatoon is when my wii-u sometimes just won't connect to the internet when every other device in my home does just fine

Just in Splatoon? Or is it your Wii U in general?

I know some routers have issues with having too many devices saved as "hey, these things have connected to me and gotten IPs at one point or another" and clearing out all those and reconnecting the devices you're actually actively using can improve performance.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Goon game ends with a 0.1% win. Have some good groups going in #splagoons.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I wonder if the level cap will increase of if they add prestiging. The leveling is pretty quick.

I also wish I could change loadouts between games without having to go back to the lobby.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

jivjov posted:

Just in Splatoon? Or is it your Wii U in general?

I know some routers have issues with having too many devices saved as "hey, these things have connected to me and gotten IPs at one point or another" and clearing out all those and reconnecting the devices you're actually actively using can improve performance.
The Wii U in general. I don't think it's the number of devices since that's like, 4-5, but I guess I might as well try it.

I love this game as well as Smash 4 but I have never had as much trouble with online as I have with this console.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

i beat turf war

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
You missed a spot.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
I just got the scroll that explains Judd and :stare:.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Its not complete until I see cuttlefish in ink too.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

You know now that I think about it, how big are Inklings, to be the same size as a cat?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jarogue posted:

You know now that I think about it, how big are Inklings, to be the same size as a cat?
Its a big cat.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Its a big cat.

But are you sure its not just a normal size fat cat and everything around him just makes him look big?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jarogue posted:

Its not complete until I see cuttlefish in ink too.
Final boss spoilers

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Ink strike is at least cool but i hate the inkzooka. Its too slow to rapidfire, doesn't cover a lot of ground, and the shot misses a gap right where you're standing so it doesn't even leave you a straight line of ink to swim through. Ive not found a lot of situations outside of tight corrridors, and the seekers handle those well enough already.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Someone managed to sneak near my team's base in the final 30 seconds and paint a dick. Times like this I wish Nintendo added a replay function.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Are there any weapons that have the kraken special other than the roller? I don't really like using the roller but being able to turn into a killer squid is too much fun for me to use anything else.

Also I didn't expect Nintendo to be so clever with the mii verse posts. Them showing up on stages as graffiti is one of my favorite things about this game. Keep getting shot while I look at stupid squid puns.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 31, 2015

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Tengames posted:

Ink strike is at least cool but i hate the inkzooka. Its too slow to rapidfire, doesn't cover a lot of ground, and the shot misses a gap right where you're standing so it doesn't even leave you a straight line of ink to swim through. Ive not found a lot of situations outside of tight corrridors, and the seekers handle those well enough already.

I usually get the most use out of it hitting people who are above me since the tornado it shoots is so tall. Plus it goes through walls. It's not the greatest super but I do all right with it and the Tentatek Splattershot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
On the mall stage the Kraken is fantastic. If you can get near the enemy teams side - Release the Kraken and you can climb up to their base which is usually undefended and paint the stage red*

*colour may vary.

• Locked thread