Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the main character of part 3 is polnareff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Rodyle posted:

It's one manga. You start the story at the beginning dumbass.

Not reading a manga, but I may pick up the anime from the beginning to try and understand it better. If it is my fault for not fully grasping it then that is my fault.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also owns people with one-liners he spends the entire fight thinking up.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I love Jotaro. He punches people and then says really stupid one liners

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

polnareff gets all the solo battles, polnareff makes friends with the other crusaders, polnareff has a character arc. polnareff is the main character.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That actually makes a lot of sense.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Bad Seafood posted:

:getout:

Jotaro "Clint Eastwood" Kujo is awesome.

don't fall for it man, he's just trying to rile people up

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

In an interview with Men's Fitness, John Cena revealed that he is a big fan of "Japanimation" and that his favorite anime movie is "Fist of the North Star."

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jotaro is cool because he's a huge dork and momma's boy who tries to hide those things under a the thinnest of cool facades. Also

Endorph posted:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Hes loving cool. He 16 years old and has insane pecs and can punch people into a mush and he smokes cigarettes.

Endorph posted:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Polnareff is the heart of Part 3.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

iggy is p great too, probably #2 behind polnareff

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
I hope Re-Kan gets a dub and it goes full on Ghost Stories in the dub production

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Jotaro sucks.

But mayhaps there is a monster of the week Jojo on the horizon who instead of sacking, is cool and good.

E: this is not to denigrate the other Crusaders mind you, they're awesome

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Dilbert As gently caress posted:

Even the villian had questionable intentions, while good, were executed wrong most times by human nature.

the dude's basically if you gave a super goony manchild physics-defying god powers and his end goal is a world populated entirely by waifus

there's no questionability about his intentions, his sole redeeming factor is that it's incredibly satisfying to watch this smug buttface get stabbed and punched and mortally wounded five or six times

also he has a dumb name and a doofy haircut

stop watching cross ange so many times, at this point it's just a waste of time, what more can you gain from spending so many hours watching the same anime over and over, you could watch GOOD anime like kaiji five times

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

maybe he enjoys watching cross ange

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A crack addict probably likes crack, that doesn't mean it's good for him.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rodyle posted:

That's not a fair comparison

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

Yeah, the main character of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 is a guy who isn't a JoJo. Get real

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rodyle posted:

i don't think cross ange is making his teeth fall out

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Yeah, the main character of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 is a guy who isn't a JoJo. Get real

People say the same thing about Bruno, and i'm like, its not BruBu's Bizarre Adventure!

come on, people!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

the ending of layzner is the funniest poo poo. there aren't even many mecha battles, it's just the protagonist going through an episode of hokuto no ken

I like how in the TV ending there's a scene Eiji speaks to everyone but then there's a loud noise and they're all "We never did hear what he was trying to tell us"

And then the OVA version has everyone hear what he was actually saying.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Actually I am being unfair: by Egypt Jotaro starts being alright. Araki was experimenting a lot with Stardust Crusaders, it took time for everything to find stable footing.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Oh hey, they're making a toy of the robot from Cross Ange. You should get it, Dilbert as gently caress. Merchandise sales is a big factor in whether or not a franchise continues.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Oh sweet, they're making Blood Blockade Battlefront action figures too.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

is BBB good i've been on the fence about it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

It's

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

I haven't seen the show, but I can confirm that the manga is good

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's fun to watch. I need to get caught up but I keep thinking "oh let me read more of the manga first" then I do other things instead of that.

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

Gyra_Solune posted:

the dude's basically if you gave a super goony manchild physics-defying god powers and his end goal is a world populated entirely by waifus

there's no questionability about his intentions, his sole redeeming factor is that it's incredibly satisfying to watch this smug buttface get stabbed and punched and mortally wounded five or six times

also he has a dumb name and a doofy haircut

stop watching cross ange so many times, at this point it's just a waste of time, what more can you gain from spending so many hours watching the same anime over and over, you could watch GOOD anime like kaiji five times

He is basically Trying to recreate humanity into a world where everyone lives in peace, however every time he remakes it, humans become sheeple and follow whatever some dude tells them. He wants a world where everyone is understanding, thinking for themselves, and achieves their own goals without becoming stale idiots doing whatever anyone tells them. He basically is jumping dimensions to genetically engineer a way to perverse the most highest points of the human potential, unknowingly becoming evil. I mean yeah he passes the time by getting some waifus but if you lived for thousands of years why not?

Yeah I love Kaiji, the bog arc is just really slow though. Akaji is good too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

It looks cool but I stopped watching it after a few episodes because nothing really happens in it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action for action's sake is cool in live action movies because it's like, drat. People are actually doing this poo poo, or creatively presenting it in a way to make me believe that these Kung fu guys are flying through trees. But in animation it's harder for me to care about that, since most of the time action is so weightless.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

BBB is good, watch and read the good thing.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Rodyle posted:

Actually I am being unfair: by Egypt Jotaro starts being alright.

"Here's your receipt."

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Here in time to say I loving love Jojo's Bizarre Adventure but I've still only read the manga up to Phantom Blood.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

kk i'll start bbb after work tomorrow

thanks chat thread

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The anime original stuff in BBB doesn't really have me hooked. It honestly felt intrusive in the mushroom dude ep.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

The anime original stuff in BBB doesn't really have me hooked. It honestly felt intrusive in the mushroom dude ep.

I enjoy it but the stuff in Z's Longest Day part 1 was worrying, I am deathly afraid they're going to try and explain the Great Collapse, which is a terrible idea.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looks great, zero substance might as well be BBB's tagline. It does look really great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

• Locked thread