Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

FetalDave posted:

Cheat once, always cheat.

He was seriously MLG tier blatant.

ah ok

tbh i was surprised at how many ppl i saw with vac bans from years ago compared to the amount i saw with recent ones

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Speaking of MLG, does CSGO even have any console presence since its release?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
What the hell, cs:go is out for consoles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovWEUFgzlSA

Oh lord this looks terrible. There appears to be no aim assist either

E:this may be what what n0thing was talking about on the Joe Rogan podcast. Early in cs:go's console development they apparently entertained the idea of making it cross platform, and at some point put n0thing up against people playing with controllers and the results were obviously not pretty

e2: some further research tells me that the game hasn't been updated for the last three years, so it's more than likely stone dead.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 31, 2015

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lets all to watch competitive csgo xbox tournaments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtI-A3MlUBU

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
jesus christ remember 2012 map props and first person viewshake

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 31, 2015

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
I received a G9 Logitech years and years ago as a gift and I've always liked it until recently. Unless I'm at max DPI if I pick up the mouse to move it on the desk it stops tracking unless I flail it around really quickly to get it to go again. I've swapped out mouse pads but no luck. Is it most likely just faulty at this point? I've had it for 5-6 years.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
gonna just pick CT mid here with this controller give me a sec

FalloutGod posted:

I received a G9 Logitech years and years ago as a gift and I've always liked it until recently. Unless I'm at max DPI if I pick up the mouse to move it on the desk it stops tracking unless I flail it around really quickly to get it to go again. I've swapped out mouse pads but no luck. Is it most likely just faulty at this point? I've had it for 5-6 years.

logitech might give you a replacement from their newer line of mice if you call them

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Apparently, valve didn't fix the issue of enemy health bars showing in MM. If you alt-tab out they show in the next round.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

logitech might give you a replacement from their newer line of mice if you call them

I've had 2 Logitech mice replaced in the last 10 years without even being asked to send it in at all, let alone send it in first like an RMA. Fantastic company, in the USA. I hear Australian Logitech is not so friendly.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

ArfJason posted:

lets all to watch competitive csgo xbox tournaments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtI-A3MlUBU

Beautiful. It's like watching silver level cs in slow motion

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
So my rankup game back to LEM was on Aztec. Aztec is really fun when you start CT side.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Xenaero posted:

So my rankup game back to LEM was on Aztec. Aztec is really fun when you start CT side.

The best part about aztec is the hallway they added from CT spawn to stairs. "How do we balance aztec? Oh, what if CT could rotate faster?"

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Xenaero posted:

I'm shoving m y deagle in my mouth and pulling the trigger but it wont fire

hitboxes

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Shoot yourself in the stomach

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
Uhhhhhhh

Some kind of weird steamtax money laundering scheme?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Geschwafel posted:

Uhhhhhhh

Probably some rich Scotsman.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Geschwafel posted:

Uhhhhhhh

Yes, that's how you give someone your Steam money under a plausible (or not so much) deniability.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Geschwafel posted:

Likely someone selling a knife but not wanting to do it away from the steam market so they trash a bunch of dollar skins at the maximum price, and then trade the knife for free.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Ernie. posted:

Likely someone selling a knife but not wanting to do it away from the steam market so they trash a bunch of dollar skins at the maximum price, and then trade the knife for free.

Isn't that a good way to scam someone?

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

The Ferret King posted:

That's just a generic "cs:go thread idiot post", of course it's a great way to scam someone and nobody would ever do it.

kalstrams posted:

Yes, that's how you give someone your Steam money under a plausible (or not so much) deniability.

correct

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

down with slavery posted:

That's just a generic "cs:go thread idiot post", of course it's a great way to scam someone and nobody would ever do it.

:goonsay:

you're about as socially and intellectually adept as a dead skunk

The Ferret King posted:

not if the knife-salesman has a reputation they care about more than the knife-buyer. it's a relatively safe method for the transaction as it can't be charged-back and the parties involved don't have to give up real-life identifying information. people sell things in all sorts of wonderful and silly ways.

:shrug:

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Ernie. posted:

not if the knife-salesman has a reputation they care about more than the knife-buyer. it's a relatively safe method for the transaction as it can't be charged-back and the parties involved don't have to give up real-life identifying information. people sell things in all sorts of wonderful and silly ways.

find one person who's bought a $400+ knife this way

one

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

down with slavery posted:

find one person who's bought a $400+ knife this way

one

i traded my knife for 200 rare crazy bones. those suckers are coming back, i tell ya!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Geschwafel posted:

Uhhhhhhh

Probably someone trying to fool the pricing calculations on some gambling sites. Like if the site uses the average price of last week and there aren't any safeguards in place, it's fairly easy to artificially inflate the value of certain items.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009

Geschwafel posted:

No. I know it's kind of a joke "lol volvo pls more hats dont fix the game" but uhhh it does actually seem to be a low priority. Unless it's actually pretty difficult to fix? Someone with more coding experience may be able to say.

Why is your account locked? And isn't Steam customer service notoriously bad?

I had some words about a bunch of hitbox poo poo in CSGO with somebody who worked as a lead programmer on a released source engine game. And by words I mean "Haha have you seen this dumbshittery???"

To paraphrase the last conversation: "lol Sources animation poo poo is a loving clusterfuck gl to the idiot who has to fix that poo poo"

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Here we find the rare and elusive Nova 6k out in the wild....
http://gfycat.com/ShockedShimmeringHookersealion

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Luna Was Here posted:

Here we find the rare and elusive Nova 6k out in the wild....
http://gfycat.com/ShockedShimmeringHookersealion

This is art. Play of the year 2k15.

And at least the camera showed the frags. I watched a match earlier this or last week where like three rounds in a row they watched the ct holding a while the guys at b and mid got all the frags. Just one dude endlessly scoping into ramp on mirage.

Phosphene fucked around with this message at 10:23 on May 31, 2015

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
^o^
well, this operation is the worst one so far. good to know i paid for a horrible grind across mostly horrible maps

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Phosphene posted:

This is art. Play of the year 2k15.

And at least the camera showed the frags. I watched a match earlier this or last week where like three rounds in a row they watched the ct holding a while the guys at b and mid got all the frags. Just one dude endlessly scoping into ramp on mirage.

its a funny round but that was a total save, glocks, no nades, armor, and they kinda just ran up banana

however...

+900$
+900$
+900$
+900$
-300$
+900$

he rich

Sewer Adventure
Aug 25, 2004
Played 8 games today, 5 of them had blatant cheaters/spinbotters. Going to derank soon.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
You know, I was just about to say that Liquid has to be one of the worst teams in the NA pro scene, but then I decided to take a look at the standings of ESEA, and holy poo poo, Liquid looks like Gods compared to some of the teams that are at the bottom:

Tempo Storm: 4-7
Ace Gaming: 2-9
Method: 1-9
mouseSpaz: 1-11

Method's only win was against mouseSpaz, and mouseSpaz's only win was against Luminosity, who is sitting at 3rd place at 8-4. NA loving blows.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010

Turk February posted:

You know, I was just about to say that Liquid has to be one of the worst teams in the NA pro scene, but then I decided to take a look at the standings of ESEA, and holy poo poo, Liquid looks like Gods compared to some of the teams that are at the bottom:

Tempo Storm: 4-7
Ace Gaming: 2-9
Method: 1-9
mouseSpaz: 1-11

Method's only win was against mouseSpaz, and mouseSpaz's only win was against Luminosity, who is sitting at 3rd place at 8-4. NA loving blows.

The bottom of the European standings aren't much different:

HellRaisers 4-4
EnvyUs 4-5
Penta Sports 2-12
Flipsid3 1-10

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

Since this is my first one, I'm still trying to wrap my head around what operations 'are'.. They just tell you to play various gamemodes that are already there, add nothing, and at the end of the operation you get a fancy coin?

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

antavila posted:

HellRaisers 4-4
EnvyUs 4-5
Penta Sports 2-12
Flipsid3 1-10

You need to consider that the talent pool in Europe is far bigger and better than it is in NA, so while those scores look pretty bad (except for Flipsid3 and Penta, they are right where they belong), I'd say it's definitely a tougher challenge in the long-run for most EU teams.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

antavila posted:

HellRaisers 4-4
EnvyUs 4-5
Penta Sports 2-12
Flipsid3 1-10

Those teams are miles ahead of the top top NA teams :v:

e: except penta

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

The only team worth mentioning in NA CS is cloud9 and even then....

Oh I forgot about Keyd but I'm still unconvinced by them.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

The consensus on NA teams seems to be that there are plenty of good NA players individually, but they lack a lot of the teamwork practice that EU does.. Mostly NA teams just scrim, whereas EU teams are practicing setpieces and formulating strats, and drilling them

I don't know how true this is in reality but it seems more plausible than a lot of other explanations

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Since this is my first one, I'm still trying to wrap my head around what operations 'are'.. They just tell you to play various gamemodes that are already there, add nothing, and at the end of the operation you get a fancy coin?

Yes that is about it. Plus skin drops.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Remember when operations awarded skins or crates for doing missions? Those were the days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

remember when they didn't?

e: http://esport.aftonbladet.se/csgo/devilwalk-leaves-coaching-position-at-fnatic/
Devilwalk has left fnatic to make a comeback as a player

Stumbletron fucked around with this message at 12:59 on May 31, 2015

• Locked thread