Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Plus it's kind of expected that a MonHun style game will have a 'G' version at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glenn565
Aug 1, 2009
Except Freedom Wars, I guess.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Glenn565 posted:

Except Freedom Wars, I guess.

Vita didn't live long enough

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Freedom Wars got a huge balance patch that added some stuff as well because by all accounts the original version was kind of really bad. I guess they figured that was enough.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

DQ Heroes' release date is leaked.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Did they ever end up patching the DW8 PC port to be less of a hackjob? I'm guessing not.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Did they ever end up patching the DW8 PC port to be less of a hackjob? I'm guessing not.

They released a couple patches back in April, but I never got around to trying them.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if DQ Heroes has any chance of making it to PC.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't know what qualifies as "hack job" but they did release a few patches, and we got some of the important quality of life changes (like being able to make custom characters with any Way of Life title or tactic you've previously unlocked).

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if DQ Heroes has any chance of making it to PC.

Sony is all wrapped up in that thing so probably no

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Oh, looks like Bladestorm Nightmare showed up on Steam. And apparently it's a buggy mess, but does that surprise anyone?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Maleketh posted:

Oh, looks like Bladestorm Nightmare showed up on Steam. And apparently it's a buggy mess, but does that surprise anyone?

The reviews make it sound pretty rough. Also was hoping it was gonna be under $60.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oof.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lotish posted:

I don't know what qualifies as "hack job" but they did release a few patches, and we got some of the important quality of life changes (like being able to make custom characters with any Way of Life title or tactic you've previously unlocked).

I was mostly looking for better controller support

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Did they pull bladestorm from steam? The link doesn't lead to anywhere, just the front page.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Tae posted:

Did they pull bladestorm from steam? The link doesn't lead to anywhere, just the front page.

For me it has two entries in the STEAM store recently released section, both going nowhere.

Yeah, for the price they charge they can't really release a product that buggy. It'd be right cheeky.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

For me it has two entries in the STEAM store recently released section, both going nowhere.

That happens relatively often on Steam. It generally clears up within a day.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I was pretty interested in Bladestorm too, guess I'll see if it gets patched over the next couple of weeks.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Or maybe I'll just dive in and see if whatever technical issues I might run into just sort themselves out.

I've had a hankerin' for some hundred years war quasi-rts action.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I heard bladestorm was a piss-easy game, even for koei tecmo.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I have it on PS3 and it was basically: Run around a field holding R2. Win.

Still gonna get it on Steam, but when it's on sale for like $20. $30 at the absolute maximum.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol Bladestorm Nightmare is loving £50 on the UK Steam store, the PS4 version was like £35 when it first came out.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Honestly, I love these games but with prices like that I'll rarely get them for the PC unless they go on sale.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

PureRok posted:

I have it on PS3 and it was basically: Run around a field holding R2. Win.

Still gonna get it on Steam, but when it's on sale for like $20. $30 at the absolute maximum.

It's basically a game of rock paper scissors, where, if you're scissors, and you encounter a rock, you can look around for some paper and use that instead.

It's mindless fun in short bursts, it's nice because it's in a unique setting and it tries to do something a little different.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
The bladestorm demo didn't really sell me, but I just played the first 2 missions in the nightmare/fantasy campaign at a friend's and thought it was pretty fun. Died in the 2nd mission because I was playing as reapers and charging into melee enemies was a bad idea. Wish these games would go on sale sometime, very tempted to pick it up now

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Does anyone here play Toukiden Kiwami? Planning on picking it up sometime

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Largepotato posted:

They released a couple patches back in April, but I never got around to trying them.

Patch notes from April - I actually haven't played on the patch either.

Noticed these in the notes:

quote:

・Conditions for hit stun when taking damage
・Knock-back distance when taking damage

So it looks like my :spergin: about knockback and hit-stun from way back might be fixed!

lurksion posted:

Here's a Free Mode, Hard, Level 55/55, no equipped items, ending up with a defense stat of 616:
https://gfycat.com/MildBleakGazelle
Just sitting there and taking that no problem. I then reduced my defense to 401 (this was the breakpoint) and suddenly:
https://gfycat.com/EducatedSickDachshund

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Even if Bladestorm is unplayable in its current state, Koei still gets my money.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Square-Enix's online store is selling an exclusive Day One Edition that includes all the Slime weapons that were sold as retailer-exclusives in Japan. It's the same price as the regular retail version, just if you buy it from Square you get some bonus goodies.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Warriors Orochi 4 with all the new series when

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pureauthor posted:

Warriors Orochi 4 with all the new series when

I wish Koei had the legal rights to combine Dragon Warrior/Zelda/Gundam/One Piece/etc all into one game, I would buy that game without hesitation! Unfortunately it is very likely they do not have the legal ability to make such an awesome game, and if they did it would likely end up with the same fate as Marvel vs Capcom 3, legal limbo, unable to be sold by the company that made it.

I really wish they would announce a new Orochi game though. I have been spoiled by three, I can't go back to a main Dynasty Warriors or Samurai Warriors series, it would be too much of a downgrade. I could never give up Kaguya, Kai Wenji, or Tadakatsu Honda (or 3 person teams for that matter), but if I play DW8 or SW4 I will be forced to. Now I must to wait for a game that may never come :(

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
So for Bladestorm, I immediately ran into the performance and crash bugs that people were talking about when I fired it up on max graphics settings. After setting some graphics down to medium though, I'm getting a constant 60+ fps and haven't crashed in four hours. This game is neat, and it has online co-op which is pretty rad.

If they can optimize the performance a bit so max graphics is actually possible, I'd definitely recommend getting it the first time it goes on sale.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

One thing I was never clear on: Is there an end-goal/end-game for Bladestorm? Are you supposed to favor one side over another, draw things out, kill all the famous people, join them, or is it just fighting battles as they unlock until no more unlock?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lotish posted:

One thing I was never clear on: Is there an end-goal/end-game for Bladestorm? Are you supposed to favor one side over another, draw things out, kill all the famous people, join them, or is it just fighting battles as they unlock until no more unlock?

Can't speak for the Nightmare portion since I haven't played that, the original game was basically you taking on the random missions for either side until you gained enough reputation points to unlock story missions, which made you choose either England or France versions and the war would kind of go that country's way for a while. There's story missions and you can effectively 'complete' the game but you can also pretty much keep playing indefinitely if you want to as well.

Danith
May 20, 2006
PS4 doesn't have any region-locking on game discs does it? Figured I should get the physical version of EDF4.1, that way if it ever gets an English release I could sell the Japanese version

edit: thought I was in my ps4 thread tab :|

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Policenaut posted:

DQ Heroes' release date is leaked.

Sold. :swoon:

Policenaut posted:

Square-Enix's online store is selling an exclusive Day One Edition that includes all the Slime weapons that were sold as retailer-exclusives in Japan. It's the same price as the regular retail version, just if you buy it from Square you get some bonus goodies.

Sold! :syoon:

JUST GIVE IT ME :byodood:

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Danith posted:

PS4 doesn't have any region-locking on game discs does it? Figured I should get the physical version of EDF4.1, that way if it ever gets an English release I could sell the Japanese version

edit: thought I was in my ps4 thread tab :|

No one can blame you for getting EDF and Muso games mixed up. They're definitely kindred spirits in blowing up thousands of things. EDF Ranger for Orochi 4!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

My main problem with Bladestorm is that it is very braindead easy even compared to Dynasty Warriors. And worse, I don't feel like I'm getting satisfying feedback because most of them it's automated attacks, then moving on, kinda hit and kill the next enemy, etc.

Danith
May 20, 2006
These games are fun. I first had exposure to them with my PSP. I forgot which one it was (too lazy to run downstairs and look at the box) but I didn't really get into it. Probably because of the graphics or controls on the PSP. Next time I tried them it was for the PS4 with Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme and had a blast. Since then I've bought Warriors Orochi 3 and Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires. I like the idea of empires but it's been kind of boring. Seems custom units very very rarely turn up and it always seems I'm attacking or defending the same areas over and over. Warriors Orochi is awesome though. It took some getting used to only having 1 weapon but being able to switch between 3 different characters more then makes up for that. Also so many missions and even a gauntlet mode, which I am horrible at (I can't even seem to beat the first level).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Danith posted:

Also so many missions and even a gauntlet mode, which I am horrible at (I can't even seem to beat the first level).

Gauntlet mode is designed for play after you've finished the story. High-level characters are practically a must.