Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

toymach1ne posted:

Looks like the Steam Sale is June 11th

Sweet :retrogames:

I've been holding back on many songs because I wanted to wait for a sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I want to pick up Lovely Day but I'll probably go ahead and grab that anyway, they never put recently released DLC on sale.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

OhDearGodNo posted:

Your musical preference doesn't change your idiotic statement.

Don't read his posts; there's a thread in GBS that'll show you why.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Queens of the Stone Age Song Pack

3's and 7's
No One Knows
???
???
???

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

toymach1ne posted:

3's and 7's
No One Knows
???
???
???

Good, good.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Hopefully there's something off each of the first couple of albums. One of Avon/Regular John/If Only off the first and maybe something like Autopilot or Better Living Through Chemistry or something. I guess we'll see.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret, please

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

toymach1ne posted:

3's and 7's
No One Knows
???
???
???

Finally.

Mutant John
Dec 24, 2012
Make it wit chu pls.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

YeahWhatevah posted:

I'll hold my tongue on country music in general and just say I'm not a fan, but a Hank III DLC pack...

:getin:

fixed this for you.

Also gently caress you Octatonic, Dethklok are fantastic, both from a parody perspective and from a musical one :colbert: in fact Dethklok are better as a parody than 90% of the poo poo that gets airplay these days.

I also want more classical arrangements. I've a fantastic guitarpro tab for a single guitar take on O Fortuna and a pack featuring tracks like O Fortuna, Scarborough Fair and Asturias would be sexgasmic.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
When I was 15 my ego stopped me from expanding my musical tastes and I missed out on trying to play a lot of challenging stuff because of it. I'm glad I'm a bit more open minded now about music :) Bring on the country.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

toymach1ne posted:

3's and 7's
No One Knows
???
???
???

Little Sister. The customs I've seen have really crazy low tuning, is that real?

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Little Sister. The customs I've seen have really crazy low tuning, is that real?

C Standard? No I don't think so

quote:

"Little Sister" is in standard tuning unlike most QOTSA tunes although the tone is still on the darker side due to Josh Homme's penchant for power chords up high on the neck. The main riff uses a simple C#,G#,E,G# pattern but the first G# includes a lower 5th to vary the sound and match the bassline.Apr 7, 2014

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

toymach1ne posted:

Have you been hired yet by Ubisoft to provide these cool lil facts for songs for RS 2016? If not you should be, my man.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Any thoughts on the absolutely best customs that have come out recently? As in a year or so. Genre doesn't matter but preferrably nothing super simple.

The couple weeks of summer vac I've got is a prime opportunity to play the game again and I intend to use it.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Little Sister and The Sky is Falling would fill me with glee. I already know them, but still would get them because of how awesome they are.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Any thoughts on the absolutely best customs that have come out recently? As in a year or so. Genre doesn't matter but preferrably nothing super simple.

The couple weeks of summer vac I've got is a prime opportunity to play the game again and I intend to use it.

One of the best (as in most fun to play) is the most simple- Lump by POTUSA.

If you play bass, you absolutely need to get Bernadette by The Four Tops.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Poetic Justice posted:

Have you been hired yet by Ubisoft to provide these cool lil facts for songs for RS 2016? If not you should be, my man.

lol no, I'm just a guy that really loves music and music games

Just Horizontal
Jul 11, 2011

cubicle gangster posted:

He might be on a floyd rose. I loving hated my guitar with a floyd rose after only a couple of months, trying to go into drop d and sending every string out before having to rebalance them all was a nightmare.
it was my first guitar after a one year loaner and the idea of tuning by ear was laughable. sort of an essential skill for one of those.

I literally have the same de-motivational problem with the exact Biffy songs due to my trem. Dropping down to D throws every string out by several notes and it takes at least 3/4 rakes through the strings to change the tuning to a point where it sticks.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

toymach1ne posted:

Yeah C standard, I have a No One Knows custom, I remember someone saying it was like strumming dust bunnies

Quinctia
Jul 17, 2006

Disasterrific.

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

I've been playing the heck out of The Atari's cover of Boys of Summer because it's in Standard tuning, unlike the original (which I also have, it's Eb).

And, because apparently nearly everything I love must be in Eb, I downloaded a custom of Live's Selling the Drama last night, played through it, and it seems well made.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

OhDearGodNo posted:

One of the best (as in most fun to play) is the most simple- Lump by POTUSA.

I listened to the song on Youtube and it sounded like a fun one. It's a bit on the simple side but I'll try it, thanks.

Quinctia posted:

I've been playing the heck out of The Atari's cover of Boys of Summer because it's in Standard tuning, unlike the original (which I also have, it's Eb).

And, because apparently nearly everything I love must be in Eb, I downloaded a custom of Live's Selling the Drama last night, played through it, and it seems well made.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'm fond of that cover too and will definitely grab it.

Wasn't familiar with Live at all, that song sounded nice though, will play that one too. Might as well dust off some other Eb customs while down there.

EvilChameleon
Nov 20, 2003

In my infinite money,
the jimmies rustle softly.
If you are playing bass and not downloading everything from Aludog then you are doing things wrong.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's a small relief that as a mac user I still seem to get more songs on CDLC than the console users. But even then a lot of songs I'd like to have are out of my reach.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's a small relief that as a mac user I still seem to get more songs on CDLC than the console users. But even then a lot of songs I'd like to have are out of my reach.

Just send a message to the creator. Making a Mac version only involves running the eof through toolkit again. Takes like 5 minutes.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

OhDearGodNo posted:

Just send a message to the creator. Making a Mac version only involves running the eof through toolkit again. Takes like 5 minutes.

...Well there goes my life.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
For e-flat et al I've been using that cheapo Behringer pitch shifter recommended earlier in the thread and its been great.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Well the other songs for the QOTSA pack have been announced.

No One Knows
3s and 7s
Make It Wit Chu
Little Sister
I Appear Missing

I'm personally incredibly disappointed by this pack but I'm sure there are people that will like it.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
No one knows is fun as hell on bass, not having any songs from their first two albums can eat a dick though.

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...
The best way to get songs that you want into the game is to go to https://bit.ly/rsrequest and request them specifically. We've had two foo-fighters packs, let's get two QOTSA.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
Done: Better Living through chemistry, Regular John, Mexicola.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Chalupa Joe posted:

Done: Better Living through chemistry, Regular John, Mexicola.

Am I weird in that I really want to submit some Big Head Todd? I'm a sucker for songs with a nice slow groove to it, and I took a liking to the Sister Sweetly album recently.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I hope the royalty is King Crimson.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

None of those sound like a 2016 announcement.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Royalty is Queens of The Stone Age

4 other weeks detailed in that clue

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

toymach1ne posted:

Royalty is Queens of The Stone Age

4 other weeks detailed in that clue

Dang, i thought they meant more royalty in addition to QoTSA.

In that case i'll hope that the Americana will be Steely Dan or something.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
First things that come into my head for unusual animals: Lamb of God, Blue Oyster Cult

Maybe Arctic Monkeys?

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Americana, maybe Bob Dylan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Sounds like the Eyehategod pack we've all been waiting for.