Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007

Haroshia posted:

I cured him then had him tell me how to get a reward for curing him. Then I cut his head off as he tried to walk away and got both rewards

Did the same thing.

Also, I'm playing the Xbone version (please don't hate me) and it's only patched to 1.03. I see I've missed some Gwent cards(notably a Foltest Leader card) from the Innkeeper in White Orchard as she has now buggered off after that unfortunate incident. I've heard they have patched it so you can get them from the merchant along the road in 1.04, is this right? Not that I'm close to getting all the other cards yet as I have to finish the Skellige line and the Tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
How do you go back to White Orchard after you leave? It's not on the big map.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
^^Yes, it is. To the right of Velen. Click the right thumbstick while looking at the map (no idea what it is for keyboard, but it should say at the bottom).

Zoo06 posted:

Also, I'm playing the Xbone version (please don't hate me) and it's only patched to 1.03. I see I've missed some Gwent cards(notably a Foltest Leader card) from the Innkeeper in White Orchard as she has now buggered off after that unfortunate incident. I've heard they have patched it so you can get them from the merchant along the road in 1.04, is this right? Not that I'm close to getting all the other cards yet as I have to finish the Skellige line and the Tournament.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's 1.04 which, IIRC, Xbone is getting on Monday.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Haroshia posted:

I cured him then had him tell me how to get a reward for curing him. Then I cut his head off as he tried to walk away and got both rewards

:psyduck: I didn't even think to kill him after curing him. I could've gotten that reward AND killed this guy!

I can't believe this didn't occur to me.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Manatee Cannon posted:

Loot is completely random. Don't worry about set quest rewards because crafted weapons and armor will always, always be better. Those are set in stone and it doesn't matter when you find them.

There are some chests with fixed items but I think it's mostly sort of a scaled random thing.

But it seems like stuff you can craft is better than anything you'll find anyway. Unless loot scales up to like level 50.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Chests with set loot are only semi fixed and almost always tie to a quest. Like the chests with Witcher armor/weapon schematics, they can contain other things but will always have the schematic. What else they have is random; sometimes they have nothing because there's already a thing inside.

Jack2142 posted:

The drunk witchers is brilliant one of the few times I actually lol'ed at a videogame. especially Lambert as "Young Vesemir" or never have I ever... where you find out Eskel had a drug fueled sex party with a succubus, or actually the lets use the megascope to get some bitches! "YOUR A GENIUS" just perfect writing there.

Anyone that chose to go to bed early at that point of the game is dead inside imo

COOKIEMONSTER
Oct 31, 2006
As an affluent straight white male I know quite a bit second hand what it's like to be incredibly poor and oppressed.

Sankis posted:

Start Djikstra's next quest (The assassination one). You don't need to finish it.

The game bugs out because it thinks Roche needs to be in two places at once or something.

Yeah I'm past that point already. Unless there's more than one quest, I already found the person Djikstra wanted me to. Roche went back to his original location though, instead of the Eye for an Eye quest location. So now I can't complete the quest at all. Oh well guess I'll be doing a second run through when the expansion comes out anyways :/

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Witchers are immune to diseases and many poisons, but not regular hooch?

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Witchers are immune to diseases and many poisons, but not regular hooch?

It's not regular hooch.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Plus they're not immune, just resistant. Super-metabolism and all.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 31, 2015

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
So even on Death March, by the end of the game are you just drowning in healing food and drink if you are even just a little competent at the fighting in this game?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

If you take the alchemy skill that gives you health back when you use a potion, Swallow is basically always a free full heal. And you can get a free Superior Swallow in act 2 if you play your cards right.

Healing isn't much of a concern. Also there's that skill that gives you health back in real time when you're not in combat. It's slow but it helps.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Haroshia posted:

Same. Double dipping baby.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Cephalocidal posted:

It's not regular hooch.
Also they're probably drinking, like, a lot of it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

One Kaedweni Stout and all of a sudden I can't igni the side of a barn.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

So even on Death March, by the end of the game are you just drowning in healing food and drink if you are even just a little competent at the fighting in this game?

I'm actually "running low" because I've stopped looting everything in sight. Holy poo poo I need to get rid of some of that beer.

And in Kaer Morhen the stuff they are drinking is "half spirits half white gull" and I think White Gull is the Witcher equivalent of Everclear.

e. I pretty much use Water + Swallow to heal 90% of the time. Throw in some food items if I need to. Also White Rafford. I have over 150 of just alcohest (or dwarven spirit, forget which--probably both).

Archimago fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 31, 2015

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Archimago posted:

And in Kaer Morhen the stuff they are drinking is "half spirits half white gull" and I think White Gull is the Witcher equivalent of Everclear.
The Alchemy UI describes White Gull as a "mild hallucinogenic."

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

you think universals exist as real and distinct constructs?

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Nakar posted:

The Alchemy UI describes White Gull as a "mild hallucinogenic."

Well then. Never let it be said that Witchers don't know how to party.

Blue Raider posted:

you think universals exist as real and distinct constructs?

Mhmm. Me too.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Do you ever find out what happens to the wounded soldier that you brew up the Swallow potion for in White Orchard? I really hope she was ok after drinking it :ohdear:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Memento posted:

Do you ever find out what happens to the wounded soldier that you brew up the Swallow potion for in White Orchard? I really hope she was ok after drinking it :ohdear:

You get some follow up on this in the giant Nilfgaard encampment area in the south of Velen.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

:lol:

Are these names I should recognize or are you just posting Twittersperg from randoms?

e. That dude clearly wasn't playing on Death March if he never felt emasculated while playing. :smith:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

No Mods No Masters posted:

You get some follow up on this in the giant Nilfgaard encampment area in the south of Velen.

The what now?

edit: holy loving poo poo there's a god drat army camped down there. I never even looked at that part of the map.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Archimago posted:

Are these names I should recognize or are you just posting Twittersperg from randoms?

e. That dude clearly wasn't playing on Death March if he never felt emasculated while playing. :smith:

Mcintosh is "well known" (i.e. posts word salad about whatever offends him the most that day). Not sure who the other guy is.

I just found that conversation funny as hell.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Archimago posted:

It's Fem Freq's writer. That's about all you need to know without stirring a beehive.

The quest description tells you what happened to Lena if you never find the camp.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Memento posted:

The what now?

edit: holy loving poo poo there's a god drat army camped down there. I never even looked at that part of the map.

The only clue you get is the message board. If you see a message board on the map, there will be people there.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Haroshia posted:

I did the same thing, but the quest log reads as if you only let him go, so I reloaded and made sure he choked to death on three pounds of steel.

Also, I nominate the voice actor for that guy pre-cure as the most energetic in the game.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Memento posted:

The what now?

There's a lot of areas like that. I'm willing to bet a lot of that space will be used for future DLC.

Psiharis
Mar 11, 2007

I love forest of rain.Foevar...
Almost as good as drunken witchers was (Act 3 parenting moment on Skellige) trashing Avellac'h's lab. Geralt's goofy dad-mischief grin is the best and even Yen had a redeeming moment, good times.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

Manatee Cannon posted:

If you take the alchemy skill that gives you health back when you use a potion, Swallow is basically always a free full heal. And you can get a free Superior Swallow in act 2 if you play your cards right.

Healing isn't much of a concern. Also there's that skill that gives you health back in real time when you're not in combat. It's slow but it helps.

I think you slowly regain health outside of battle anyway. I haven't fought anything in a while and I was at half health and now at 3/4.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Since we are talking about health regen: Has anyone come across a definitive best food for hp regen? So far the best stuff I've noticed was Roasted Pork. It last like 10 seconds but it has an insane regen rate like a 5 second food. It seems to be super rare though. I've only picked up like 3 to 5 pieces in like 60 hours of play.

Also, in case someone doesn't know: you can have one liquid and one solid food stuff active at the same time.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
The last few times I've earned experience points I've been earning a ton at a time, like 3 or 4, but when I check I have 0 available. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Does anyone know at what point King's Gambit becomes unavailable? I'm suffering from a bug that halts the game if you play the quest, so I need to wait on a patch before doing it, but I want to keep playing as far as I can without skipping it while I wait.

Also, at what point does Kaer Morhen become available to travel to?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Bugblatter posted:

Also, at what point does Kaer Morhen become available to travel to?

After you're done with the main quest in Skellige.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

DoctorStrangelove posted:

After you're done with the main quest in Skellige.

I've finished the ones with Yen, so I guess you mean the King's Gambit one that is bugged for me? gently caress.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Level 17 and still kicking around in Velen. Might have finished sooner, but Gerald is easily distracted by whorehouses.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Nuts and Gum posted:

The last few times I've earned experience points I've been earning a ton at a time, like 3 or 4, but when I check I have 0 available. Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Do you mean ability points that you use to buy extra skills? You get one the first time you draw from any Place of Power, so it might seem like you have a bunch to spend at once.

Otherwise this question doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Bugblatter posted:

I've finished the ones with Yen, so I guess you mean the King's Gambit one that is bugged for me? gently caress.

No, it's during the story quest quest Ugly Baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Broose posted:

Since we are talking about health regen: Has anyone come across a definitive best food for hp regen? So far the best stuff I've noticed was Roasted Pork. It last like 10 seconds but it has an insane regen rate like a 5 second food. It seems to be super rare though. I've only picked up like 3 to 5 pieces in like 60 hours of play.

Also, in case someone doesn't know: you can have one liquid and one solid food stuff active at the same time.

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/36xtzc/food_and_drink_vitality_measurements/

It doesn't have all of them but it's better than nothing. I think "real food" like roasted pork and such tend to be the best. I use water + food items + swallow to regen.