Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Speaking of getting better overnight, wasn't Forge bugfuck loco the last time he appeared?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HitTheTargets posted:

Speaking of getting better overnight, wasn't Forge bugfuck loco the last time he appeared?

Yes. But it was in a bad Warren Ellis story so nobody cares.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

HitTheTargets posted:

He got better in issue 1 of Cable and X-Force in a pretty neat sequence where he literally "fixed" his brain.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I thought he was completely dead after his Astonishing appearance. But I dont really care. Fixing poor story outcomes by completely ignoring them works! :v:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Warren Ellis' Marvel runs are never canon for very long.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RIP Nextwave. :smith:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SynthOrange posted:

RIP Nextwave. :smith:

Read Captain America and the mighty avengers

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I just was reading some Captain Marvel stuff, which led me into reading Infinity... Does Carol have her memory back yet? RoboDanver doesn't seem as exciting at the Air Force lady

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes and no.

Nothing made her regain it but they've handwaved it away.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Warren Ellis' Marvel runs are never canon for very long.

Extremis seems to be sticking around.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
When does the Batgirl of Burnside stuff start? I want to read that stuff, and skip Gail Simone's stuff entirely.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

WickedHate posted:

When does the Batgirl of Burnside stuff start? I want to read that stuff, and skip Gail Simone's stuff entirely.
Batgirl #35.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

CapnAndy posted:

Batgirl #35.

Thank you! :D

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

You're all right kid.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

You're all right kid.

Thanks, Rhyno! So are you!

When I was really, really young, I used to idolize Batgirl in the reruns of the 60s Batman show I watched on The Sci-Fi Channel Syfy, but have not cared about Barbara Gordon in the comics at all until I started taking notice of this stuff. I mean, the very tiny resemblence to the 60s TV costume helps, but the direction it's been going in is amazing. Plus, I don't wanna drag up any arguments about it, but the way the creative team gracefully handled the reaction to the crossdressing villian and that lovely cover was awesome, they're a really good bunch.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
This might not be the best place to ask, but figured I'd ask.

I'm looking to round out my Hellblazer collection and only need a few issues (53,55,59,88 and 266). Are there any good online retailers with good stock, or should I just say eff it and go on ebay?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

I'm looking to round out my Hellblazer collection and only need a few issues (53,55,59,88 and 266). Are there any good online retailers with good stock, or should I just say eff it and go on ebay?

Mycomicshop.com has always treated me well. Prices could be better but you might be able to bang it all out at once.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Medullah posted:

The usual suspects are Mile High Comics and MyComicShop. I never order from them, since they're on the expensive side (plus you have to deal with shipping), but they would probably end up cheaper than eBay, where you'd have to pay at least $3 per issue on shipping (and probably more), since they would probably all come from different sellers.

If you want, I live near a few great comic shops, and I'd be happy to check for you. I'd charge you the exact cost plus shipping, if I connect with them.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

The usual suspects are Mile High Comics and MyComicShop. I never order from them, since they're on the expensive side (plus you have to deal with shipping), but they would probably end up cheaper than eBay, where you'd have to pay at least $3 per issue on shipping (and probably more), since they would probably all come from different sellers.

If you want, I live near a few great comic shops, and I'd be happy to check for you. I'd charge you the exact cost plus shipping, if I connect with them.

Yeah if you're ever there and take a look, go for it, I'd appreciate it - this has been a ~2 year project so I'm not in a huge hurry. Unfortunately most of the LCS near me are new comic only so back issues are a rarity. :(

You can PM me or email me at my username @ gmail.com.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Medullah posted:

Yeah if you're ever there and take a look, go for it, I'd appreciate it - this has been a ~2 year project so I'm not in a huge hurry. Unfortunately most of the LCS near me are new comic only so back issues are a rarity. :(

You can PM me or email me at my username @ gmail.com.

You've got mail! I can connect with three out of those five for sure, at $3.50 each, plus whatever shipping works out to be.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Whatever happened to the Green Lantern Simon Baz?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Starsnostars posted:

Whatever happened to the Green Lantern Simon Baz?

He basically got shunted off to Unimportant Land as is to be expected because he is like fifth in line when it comes to Green Lanterns From Earth.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

He basically got shunted off to Unimportant Land as is to be expected because he is like fifth in line when it comes to Green Lanterns From Earth.

They should have stuck to Kyle and never brought Hal back.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I kind of liked Simon, even though he only got the one arc where he played second fiddle to Hal and Sinestro.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Isn't he, like, number 7 at this point? After the four everyone's thinking of, the Crime Syndicate chick on the JL, and Alan Scott from Earth 2?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

WickedHate posted:

They should have stuck to Kyle and never brought Hal back.

I wonder if somewhere there is someone who think this but with Simon instead of Kyle. I remember DC making a pretty big deal of him but then he just vanished, he must have made a lasting impact with some people.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Starsnostars posted:

I wonder if somewhere there is someone who think this but with Simon instead of Kyle. I remember DC making a pretty big deal of him but then he just vanished, he must have made a lasting impact with some people.
I'd be deeply surprised, honestly. He was horribly kneecapped out of the gate with "no, see, he's a Muslim who's not a terrorist, but he wears a ski mask and everyone thinks he's a terrorist!", and being The GL Who Has A Gun And Is On The Justice League Right Now isn't enough to get past that, let alone start winning fans.

I'm always going to love him a little for the absolutely perfect response to why he carries a gun, but otherwise... eh. Who cares.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Wasn't it just a normal gun too, not like a super space blaster or anything?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I really enjoyed those Baz setup issues before Geoff ended his run with the boring Third Army and First Lantern stuff.
He must've had plans for him on Justice League since he teased Simon training the JL's new Power Ring lady.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

WickedHate posted:

Wasn't it just a normal gun too, not like a super space blaster or anything?
Yeah, it was just a .45 or something, and it absolutely should have been upgraded to a laser gun or, like, some sort of experimental Lantern tech or something.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, it was just a .45 or something, and it absolutely should have been upgraded to a laser gun or, like, some sort of experimental Lantern tech or something.

Wasn't the point that he didn't trust the crazy space stuff?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Teenage Fansub posted:

Wasn't the point that he didn't trust the crazy space stuff?
But the better point is "I can count on one hand the dudes you're going to fight who bullets won't bounce off of".

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Yeah the idea of carrying an alternate weapon is fine.

Using a pistol is dumb as gently caress considering the power creep of DC.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Maybe he assumed the gun would be effective, like that guy in Superman Returns who tries to shoot Superman in the eye.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, it's not an awful idea to have a backup in case the ring runs out of juice on a long mission...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Well, it's not an awful idea to have a backup in case the ring runs out of juice on a long mission...

That is his logic. It's just that if you're on a long mission and your battery runs out of juice a handgun with what, one clip, is probably going to be only slightly more useful that harsh language.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What if he uses his magic ring to make a giant hand.

Holding a giant gun?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

What if he uses his magic ring to make a giant hand.
The reason he carries the gun -- and it's a really good reason! -- is that the magic ring can in fact run out of charge, and if your primary weapon can run out of ammunition you're a goddamn idiot to not carry a sidearm.

Then he goes and ruins it by choosing a sidearm that makes him a bigger goddamn idiot for thinking it'll help ever.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Say what you want, it's payed off (the one time he used it). Popped a cap in Sinestro when the ring wouldn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

Say what you want, it's payed off (the one time he used it). Popped a cap in Sinestro when the ring wouldn't work.

Wait, I've never heard of this guy before, but he shot Sinestro with a loving regular rear end hand gun and it (kinda, I'm guessing Sinestro didn't die) worked? He's definitely my new favorite Green Lantern