Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I gotta get that korn album with "all in the family" or whatever it's called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

http://vocaroo.com/i/s125zATopTKd

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What's this? Someone IN Back???

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This is not as easy as it sounds!!!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
I'm not sending it in so someone else can: http://tindeck.com/listen/vvzyt

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I made one to the Beverly Hills cop song that I cant find right now and it's killing me

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

holy poo poo

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

i love the simplicity and directness of this one

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
More evidence for the Dave was a rat folder.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I loved that Cornette show with Dave. God that was great to hear Dave just unload on TNA.

"They want to know who's talking to me; like there's 1 guy. It's like I've been around for 30 years, who isn't talking to me."

"I sent Dixie an email and she responds to about 1/3 of my emails."

Good luck finding that rat Dixie!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
That Cornette show explained why the TNA cancellation story in the Observer was written so oddly. Meltzer wrote a "Battle for Number 2" story and was going to publish it 3 weeks earlier, but then more big news kept coming out relating to it, culminating in TNA's cancellation, so he just kept adding to the original article. lol

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

elf help book posted:

That Cornette show explained why the TNA cancellation story in the Observer was written so oddly. Meltzer wrote a "Battle for Number 2" story and was going to publish it 3 weeks earlier, but then more big news kept coming out relating to it, culminating in TNA's cancellation, so he just kept adding to the original article. lol

He gives hope to lovely journalists everywhere that if you just become the only person in your field that knows everybody, it doesn't matter that you can't write for poo poo.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

PaybackJack posted:

I loved that Cornette show with Dave. God that was great to hear Dave just unload on TNA.

"I sent Dixie an email and she responds to about 1/3 of my emails."

I thought Dave said the number of emails Dixie responded to was way higher than that, but maybe I'm misremembering.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

triplexpac posted:

I thought Dave said the number of emails Dixie responded to was way higher than that, but maybe I'm misremembering.

I could be wrong, It might have been 2/3s.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Teddybear posted:

He gives hope to lovely journalists everywhere that if you just become the only person in your field that knows everybody, it doesn't matter that you can't write for poo poo.

Pretty much. Dave's cool and all but he's not a good writer and never has been, and his website looks like hot garbage.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

CombineThresher posted:

Pretty much. Dave's cool and all but he's not a good writer and never has been, and his website looks like hot garbage.

hsmeltzer@juno.com

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dave is the WWE of wrestling journalism. With no real competition he can coast and keep making the same mistakes. At least he's consistently good.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave's not a good writer but he has the scoops and thats all i really care about in the observer

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Dave is hilarious.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Imagine a world where Dave Scherer was the top wrestling journalist. That is a rhetorical question.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Cardboard Box posted:

dave's not a good writer but he has the scoops and thats all i really care about in the observer

He's passable. In journalism how you write is secondary to getting your point across

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I can't find the link to the Cornette/Meltzer show, can someone link it again?

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

CVagts posted:

I can't find the link to the Cornette/Meltzer show, can someone link it again?

I think this is the right one

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I think the "Break the loving taaaableee" drop is way funnier than the benoit one.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

"Bryan with a 'WHY???!!!' at wrestling observer dot com" is an old favorite of mine

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

weekly font posted:

Dave is the WWE of wrestling journalism. With no real competition he can coast and keep making the same mistakes. At least he's consistently good.

completely disagree
he's excellent and continues to exceed expectations (output) whereas wwe is constantly running on fumes and nostalgia & only ever succeed through luck

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Dave Meltzer is a machine. I want to know what fuels him.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Doesn't Dave occasionally write for "real" publications when they need a wrestling story? I seem to remember him doing stuff for SI a few times and there was also the gig with the National in the 90s. I kinda want to see what he looks like when he's writing for a publication with an actual editor.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
yeah. SI, MMA junky I think? Yahoo. I mean he's anything but coasting

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Alain Post posted:

Doesn't Dave occasionally write for "real" publications when they need a wrestling story? I seem to remember him doing stuff for SI a few times and there was also the gig with the National in the 90s. I kinda want to see what he looks like when he's writing for a publication with an actual editor.

He writes thrice weekly for MMA Fighting which is SBNation's flagship MMA blog. He has a legitimate copy editor, it's more legible.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

UnfurledSails posted:

Dave Meltzer is a machine. I want to know what fuels him.

Residual happiness from banging half the population of Japan in the 90s.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

njsykora posted:

Residual happiness from banging half the population of Japan in the 90s.

Where did that rumor come from, I don't think it's true

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Smoking Crow posted:

Where did that rumor come from, I don't think it's true

no, Dave definitely had sex with the entire AJPW women's locker room in the early to mid 1990s

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Luigi Thirty posted:

no, Dave definitely had sex with the entire AJPW women's locker room in the early to mid 1990s

The man has the charisma of a fence post

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Smoking Crow posted:

That's not the only that's like a fence post on Dave Meltzer

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Smoking Crow posted:

He was ripped in the early 90s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smoking Crow posted:

Dave's strategy for this was just to be swole as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Smoking Crow posted:

He used to be jacked. He'd talk about bodybuilding all the time.

• Locked thread