Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Coach Sport posted:

Does the Phantom actually help out the Bandar? I'm not familiar with the comics but from this thread it seems like he mostly pisses off international terrorists and crime syndicates and then hides out with them. Doesn't exactly seem like a fair way to treat an apparently isolationist tribe.
There are a bunch of other tribes in Bangalla, and traditionally the Phantom worked with the Bandar to keep them in line. That's probably considered a little problematic these days though so it doesn't really come up.

If you have to label them to make sure people know who they are, maybe you shouldn't bother trying to draw real people.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann, After Dark

But seriously though, this is Luann so obviously they didn't.

Kennel posted:

Suicide - or a MURDER?
:golfclap:

Mandrake the Magician (February 14th, 1943).

What a shock. :geno:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Tiggum posted:

But seriously though, this is Luann so obviously they didn't.

Second base/heavy Petting
AT MOST.

Maybe...Maaaaaayybbbeeee a little handy, but that's pushing it pretty good.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

Maybe...Maaaaaayybbbeeee a little handy

No way.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Dare I draw a negro handy?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

:perfect:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

One Big Happy

Foob

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

GoComics is down currently, and I couldn't find another source for Compu-Toon and Rose is Rose. Dilbert site was down too, hence why it's so small. I did find this uhh, interesting site in my search for alternate sources. Y'all should take a look. I'll try to get the missing comics up later.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Don't pull on the cord you unspeakable hag!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Dude, you're getting your rear end kicked by a baby.

The shame!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Coach Sport posted:

You know, its kind of hosed up the Phantom has this whole jungle tribe of people he deceives into thinking he's a walking immortal and serving him.

The Bandar totally knows it's bullshit though. They even have a ceremony where they greet the new Phantom.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Kennel fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 31, 2015

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mister Kingdom posted:

Dude, you're getting your rear end kicked by a baby.

The shame!

Jeffy's whole deal is that he is slower, weaker and dumber than literally everyone else. This is not an isolated case.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (June 2, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Classic Popeye Sunday: And now, the end of the back half of the comic book reprints. (c. 1943)

Meanwhile, Pogo runs off the road. (March 10, 1968)

Out Our Way (April 6-7, 1927)

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Manuel Calavera posted:

I did find this uhh, interesting site in my search for alternate sources. Y'all should take a look. I'll try to get the missing comics up later.

Ah, so that's where the Rose Is Rose "feeder" strips are hiding. How bizarre. He must've upped/changed his medication since then.

What the gently caress does that even mean, Brooke?

Zits

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Phantom

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set ruins the curve.

Working Daze starts doing loving pickleball strips again.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is an Inspector Danger prequel.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Babies + screwdrivers + electrical and light sockets ALWAYS = hilarity! :haw:

Tiggum posted:

Jeffy's whole deal is that he is slower, weaker and dumber than literally everyone else. This is not an isolated case.

Which, since the strip is drawn by Jeffy these days, adds a whole 'nother layer of psychology to unravel.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Ah, so that's where the Rose Is Rose "feeder" strips are hiding. How bizarre. He must've upped/changed his medication since then.

I thought maybe it was being written by a new guy who doesn't share the fetish, but I checked and it's the same guy. This makes me think maybe the syndicate were like, "The gently caress?" and made him tone it down, and that's why he now has to channel all his BBW love into Rose's mom.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (April 6-7, 1927)

Jerkin' your hand back while gettin' a paddlin'? That's a paddlin'.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

What if I turn it around?

:flaccid:

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

"Excuse me madame, but you're sucking on my elbow."

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Outland

Deborah Norville, news anchor.

Ripley's

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm no astronomer, but losing 30 seconds of spring a year to the other seasons sounds like way too much. 30 seconds every few decades would be more reasonable.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Lon Mitchell has collected over 16,900 Dennis the Menace cartoons since 1957, and is also a billionaire. He drives a fast car and looks good all the time. All the pretty ladies want to date him!!!

Submitted by Lon Mitchell, Jenison MI

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Captain Novolin posted:

Lon Mitchell has collected over 16,900 Dennis the Menace cartoons since 1957, and is also a billionaire. He drives a fast car and looks good all the time. All the pretty ladies want to date him!!!

Submitted by Lon Mitchell, Jenison MI

Lon Mitchell also may or may not be Martin Mull.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Julet Esqu posted:

I thought maybe it was being written by a new guy who doesn't share the fetish, but I checked and it's the same guy. This makes me think maybe the syndicate were like, "The gently caress?" and made him tone it down, and that's why he now has to channel all his BBW love into Rose's mom.

According to this, Don Wimmer is now writing an drawing the strip. Although Pat Brady's name is still in bylines, possibly out of contractual obligations.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 31, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

I'm no astronomer, but losing 30 seconds of spring a year to the other seasons sounds like way too much. 30 seconds every few decades would be more reasonable.

I think they're referring to the error in the Gregorian calendar, which is something like a day out every 3000 years. I'm not sure why it's being confined to spring though, possibly something to to with the end of February? Leap days would probably be added there, giving a February 30th.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Wanamingo posted:

It's all a combo of the effects of precession and Earth's elliptical orbit.

http://www.livescience.com/50194-spring-equinox-shorter-season.html

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Contextual :corsair: Red & Rovering: Deborah Norville replaced Jane Pauley as co-host of the Today show in 1990. NBC wanted to bring in a younger, prettier face and was willing to dump an older, more experienced broadcast journalist for it. Things didn't go so well and Norville gained notoriety as a usurper. That is why Opus is mud.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Manuel Calavera posted:

GoComics is down currently, and I couldn't find another source for Compu-Toon and Rose is Rose. Dilbert site was down too, hence why it's so small. I did find this uhh, interesting site in my search for alternate sources. Y'all should take a look. I'll try to get the missing comics up later.

These are actually funny and well-drawn though. Granted, Pasquale was always an idiot, the guardian angel and dreamship were continually overused, Clem was forever a worthless one-note joke, that weird baby's speech patterns were 100% obnoxious, and I pledge eternal hatred for the sunshine-lollipops-and-rainbows cutegasms, but RIP the occasional enjoyable "Rose is Rose" cartoon, we hardly knew ye.

When I was a kid I read this and thought, "He wants her to be fat? And she wants him to be bald? That's weird. Are all grown-ups like that?" but now I can laugh at this.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Manuel Calavera posted:

quote:

No excitement. Leave your heavy breathing to the Fetish Fuel Wiki.
No Wikipedia-style pages. Just look at what has become of the Animated Foot Scene Wiki.
No fetishy webcomics. Only capture fatness when it's used as a gag, do not use Bridgette's Belly or Gorgeous Princess Creamy Beamy, or even really funny ones like Murry Purry Fresh and Furry.
No whining or any other sort of weird behavior, especially if a show does not have the kind of expansion you want to see.

:yikes:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes
This has always been one of my favorites. :)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, the strips like are the ones where you can really tell he's working through losing Melvin.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

O tempora! O mores! That the Animated Foot Scene Wiki should fall so far

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

You better just be glad it's only fish in that stew, lady.

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Good help is so hard to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (June 2, 1968)

Hey, remember when you could give a kid a wood-burning set?

• Locked thread