Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

The Southern Dandy posted:

Who doesn't like a good hate gently caress once in awhile? But yeah, tooning.

There is nothing wrong with Dekatris, well, at least until the pubbies finally get to him.
His channel is aptly named though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Armored Warfare update: insulted by some donkey while playing on the EU server earlier.. "stupid Polish go back to Poland.." Yep, this is going to be a winner.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
EU WOT has a lot of neo nazis in their German tanks calling people "Jews" in various languages.

Like a Sabaton concert essentially.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Since reinstalling OMC after 9.8, my WN8 stats look like this:

Any idea how to fix it?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Go to the XVM site and set your prefs.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Oh thanks, what on earth is WGR?

:edit: nvm, its 'personal rating'. What the Christ was this set to default for?

maev fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 31, 2015

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour

demonR6 posted:

Armored Warfare update: insulted by some donkey while playing on the EU server earlier.. "stupid Polish go back to Poland.." Yep, this is going to be a winner.

this occurs every other game? Uninstall noob go play mario barbie tetris.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

yaay posted:

this occurs every other game? Uninstall noob go play mario barbie tetris.

Please bitch, they're Polish. They're the Brazilians of the Eastern hemisphere.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
I have been hearing a lot of good things about mario barbie tetris lately

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

ELI PORTER posted:

Replying to randoms who are raging in chat with "relax" serves the dual purpose of both 1) helping me relax and 2) making him rage harded, and I would highly recommend it.

I find "Cry more Princess" or "You should of played better" works to get bites.

Maybe I should try "Relax Princess it's just a game"

ELI PORTER
Sep 16, 2007

I posted on Something Awful and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

Foxtrot_13 posted:

I am but a simple man.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

ELI PORTER posted:

I am but a simple man.

Well said.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

ELI PORTER posted:

I am but a simple man.

Lollipop in your mouth, butter in your rear end?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I have the weirdest boner right now

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

WayAbvPar posted:

Lollipop in your mouth, butter in your rear end?
Oh my, I seem to have walked in on a doozy of a conversation. Do go on.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

McGavin posted:

Sorry this took so long, but I had to learn how to use Python to get things working properly:

:siren:Here's a link to my modpack for 9.8!:siren:

Here are the fonts it uses.

It contains:
- XVM with my own brand of lines on the minimap
- White = Maximum spotting/draw distance and traverse indicators
- Red = Artillery and low tier autoloader range
- Green = View range and camera direction
- 2 seconds protection from shooting at corpses
- J1mb0's crosshair mod
- Server-side crosshair
- 500m zoom out, 16x zoom in
- Scope shadow removed
- Locastan's damage panel, session stats, and team HP
- MeltyMap's damage indicator.
- 2 row tank carousel
- My Metal Gear Solid sixth sense mod (disappears after 9.5 seconds)
- HP bars
- Battle assistant
- Received damage announcer
- Lock-on autoaim
- 15m shoot through bushes safely circle (hold Numpad 0)
- Autoequip binocs/toolbox/camo net
- :tviv: A PENETRATION CALCULATOR THAT USES ARMOUR ANGLE :getin:

It probably also has some other stuff I've forgotten about, but nothing that can get you banned. Let me know if there are any issues.

What's the percentage value next to my tanks in the garage?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Ensign Expendable posted:

What's the percentage value next to my tanks in the garage?

At a glance I think it's mastery % for the stripes/stars on your barrel?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Foxtrot_13 posted:

The actual EU players get really bent when you call them donkeys for some reason. Not to mention they get mad at American ignorance but w/e it's great to see them get mad.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Haquer posted:

At a glance I think it's mastery % for the stripes/stars on your barrel?

Got it in one. Enjoy watching that number go down.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
My IS-3 ammo loadout changed to 26 APCR and 2 HE. What?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Ensign Expendable posted:

My IS-3 ammo loadout changed to 26 APCR and 2 HE. What?

Typical gold shooting noob.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

McGavin posted:

Got it in one. Enjoy watching that number go down.

One of these things is not like the others... :smith:

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Steelion posted:

This is why I always enjoy running into pubs with the 76. Also, I'm pretty sure you're massively understating the DPM advantage that the 57mm has. Admittedly mine has vents and a rammer, but I poo poo out one 85 damage shell every 1.94 seconds. I have like 2600 DPM, which is just obscene for tier 5. The top turret brings the base RoF up to ~26. The A-43/44 actually get competitive reloads on the 76mm, so it becomes an option then, but the 57 is a goddamn beast at tier 5 on the T-34.

srb posted:

It's not 1500 vs 1200 DPM for the 57 vs the 76, it's 2200 vs 1200 DPM.

There's definitely a difference between nominal vs. actual DPM (the latter taking into consideration equipment and such) but I did the calculation by looking at the gun modules in the garage. This was with my little bro's account open, which doesn't have any of this stuff researched. My account does, and I'm assuming this factored into the mistake because the >2000 DPM numbers sound more familiar. The RoF might just be boosted hugely by the top turret and I couldn't see that without anything researched on that tank.

Blindeye posted:

I've already switched back to the 57, no worries. The DPS argument wasn't convincing to me early on when I used the T-34 because I didn't find myself out of cover for very long. If I was thinking in terms of single shot, run, reposition, take a shot, the DPM seemed to matter less. Also I had a bad habit of never, ever using APCR unless it was absolutely necessary. Now, not so much (oh but how my credits hurt from it!). My damage per game is climbing still with the 57, despite a horrific day yesterday of mostly tier 7 games I averaged about 470 damage per game so I must be doing something right.

Edit: Oh hey! Mark of Excellence on my T-34!

As for the 85 vs the 150, I was thinking in terms of which heavy line to go up, but this information is definitely useful to know. I already am starting to get used to the awful gun depression on my 1S so the 85 won't be that much of a shock to me, I suppose. I did unlock the T-34-85 yesterday and drat, it has the makings of a nice tank. Today I'm hoping to get the top tier gun for it because the current gun is godawful in accuracy and aim time. But once I get the big gun...:getin:.

The thing is, those heavies are all kind of mediocre. I have the tier 10 in both lines, and the only tank I haven't played is the ST-I (due to a split they made a long time ago.) The Soviet heavies are playable and have their strengths, but they're not for everybody. The guns are inaccurate and often low-pen (all the 122s except the M62 & BL-9), some of the tanks are easy to pen due to flat or just thin armor (IS-3, IS-8), and some are very slow (i.e. the KV line). That being said, I generally prefer quicker tanks, with better-behaving guns; many other players make these tanks work, and indeed I still have most of them in my garage. Ultimately, you can try out the lower-tiers (like where you're at, around tier 6-7) to see if you still like them before making the full time investment grinding to the 10.

Other nations' tanks have different characteristics which you may prefer. The German heavies have accurate, reliable guns, and the higher tiers have thick armor. The US heavies, in contrast, emphasize strong turrets with weaker hulls, and are comparable to fat medium tanks.

BadLlama posted:

Apparently I am not good with an IS-7.

Join the club! :hfive:

Who doesn't like a good hate gently caress once in awhile? But yeah, tooning.

Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it! (And I'm talking about both of those things with him!) ;)

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Doesn't the 57 on the T-34 have one of the highest shell speeds in the game, or am I thinking of some other 57mm gun?

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

BadLlama posted:

Apparently I am not good with an IS-7.

Atomizer posted:

Join the club! :hfive:

Hey me three! The E100 is so much easier to use than the IS7, and the gun feels much better (:confused:) as well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

demonR6 posted:

I like its progression system, and I like how over-penetration generally commutes no damage. Though I have to admit I'm getting burned by not remembering to convert to HE in my brand new T-62 when I'm facing another T3+ tank that's only showing me his turret.

Yet somehow I've found out a way to put my Level 3 commander in all of my tanks.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yet somehow I've found out a way to put my Level 3 commander in all of my tanks.

Crews are tankbound, the commanders you can move around as much as you want. It's also why there is apparently no way to acquire more then the 3 commanders that you start with.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I like its progression system, and I like how over-penetration generally commutes no damage. Though I have to admit I'm getting burned by not remembering to convert to HE in my brand new T-62 when I'm facing another T3+ tank that's only showing me his turret.

Shoot me a goon invite, I know there are just a few days left but I would prefer even one person on my team that is reliable and won't go full retard as soon as the countdown timer hits zero. I use the same IGN as the forum and usually play NA for a few hours at the very least.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination
I know most people in the thread don't watch replays posted here, but I feel compelled to post this one since it's the first time that I can remember that I've actually carried a match while playing solo (note: I've only got ~3000 games played). It was a tier 6 match in my easy 8. The match came down to a 3v4 at the end and when it came time to finish off their last two tanks, I only had 11 hp left. Finished the match with 3100 damage and four kills.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1922846#fiery_salient-compeanansi-m4a3e8_sherman

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

CompeAnansi posted:

I know most people in the thread don't watch replays posted here, but I feel compelled to post this one since it's the first time that I can remember that I've actually carried a match while playing solo (note: I've only got ~3000 games played). It was a tier 6 match in my easy 8. The match came down to a 3v4 at the end and when it came time to finish off their last two tanks, I only had 11 hp left. Finished the match with 3100 damage and four kills.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1922846#fiery_salient-compeanansi-m4a3e8_sherman

From my brief thumbnail glance I'm sure that was an impressive game, but yeah we don't watch replays in this bastion of civility.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

quote:

The trophy of the battle against the Empire will be a unique tier VIII Premium Tank -- the IS-5 (Object 730) with unique camouflage. 1,000 of them will be distributed to the best-performing players from the best-performing Clans according to the event results.

Also, in order to increase the number of IS-5 owners and taking into account the increased interest in it, we'll provide the top 1,500 participants who did not win an opportunity to purchase the IS-5 with Gold. Thus the total number of tank winners will be increased from 1,000 to 2,500.

wargaming always finds a way to outdo itself

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

From my brief thumbnail glance I'm sure that was an impressive game, but yeah we don't watch replays in this bastion of civility.

We watch as many of them as the Customer Support staff does when someone sends in a complaint!

If it makes it to Youtube I am far more likely to watch. Having to give up control of the client in order to watch replays is a non-starter (well played, WG).

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Is the AMX40 immune to shells or what? I was sitting behind one in a medium tank just unleashing all I had and he just turned his turret around and ignored me.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Zephyrine posted:

Is the AMX40 immune to shells or what? I was sitting behind one in a medium tank just unleashing all I had and he just turned his turret around and ignored me.

What. How did you fail to pen an AMX40?

That thing is the worst.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

AMX40 is a bad tank but it is covered in troll armor so if you have low pen guns it may be hard to pen him.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Saint Celestine posted:

What. How did you fail to pen an AMX40?

That thing is the worst.
There are a lot of tanks at tier 4 and some at tier 5 that have to think about how to pen an AMX 40, especially from the front.

The biggest weak spot that I remember off the top of my head is the driver's vision slits in the front. The armor is less sloped there so it's a good spot to shoot. I think there's also a tiny little cupola on top, but it's not an auto-pen like some cupolas are. It's just less sloped.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Oh you have to aim. I'm not really into that. I just lock the enemy. Ram them at full speed and then hold down the trigger until one of us dies.

Sniper mode gives me motion sickness.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

Zephyrine posted:

I just lock the enemy. Ram them at full speed and then hold down the trigger until one of us dies.

Your gameplay might be suspect, but I love your spirit.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Uranium 235 posted:

There are a lot of tanks at tier 4 and some at tier 5 that have to think about how to pen an AMX 40, especially from the front.

The biggest weak spot that I remember off the top of my head is the driver's vision slits in the front. The armor is less sloped there so it's a good spot to shoot. I think there's also a tiny little cupola on top, but it's not an auto-pen like some cupolas are. It's just less sloped.
Driver slots on the front are a good spot but you can also aim for the bottom right/left of the front of the tank where it dips in just next to the tracks. I seem to have good luck shooting there. The top 1/3 of the sides is fairly easy to pen as is pretty much the entire rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

In case anyone doubted our word.