Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Regy Rusty posted:

HOW DID PEOPLE ON MY TEAM GET ONLY 200 POINTS :psyduck:

I am a terrible house guest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

not enough splats all over the place

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Wow! I actually managed to win some battles today! Story Mode did help!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah aerospray is too good

It's so much fun though

I don't think I have that one yet. What level does it unlock?

I keep trying other weapons. And I keep going right back to the Krack-On roller. I just love it too much.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

15-0

Do not invite me into your base I will make a mess of the place.

Prate
Jun 23, 2005

Just finished the single player mode, that was amazing. Now to play through it again to get all the scrolls.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
On the lobby screen what is the green box with "chill" in it?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wildtortilla posted:

On the lobby screen what is the green box with "chill" in it?

That's your win streak for the current 4 hour period. Win more matches in a row and it goes up. When you talk to Judd in the plaza he'll give you some bonus money based on your highest win streak for that period.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Silver Falcon posted:

I don't think I have that one yet. What level does it unlock?

I keep trying other weapons. And I keep going right back to the Krack-On roller. I just love it too much.

Aerospray is from the 3rd story boss. It's definitely worth taking some time out of multiplayer to get it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Somehow you all managed to undersell that final boss. Holy poo poo that was so much fun :allears:

I'm about two online matches from reaching level ten.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I think either map rotation is broken or I have bad luck because I just did near 15 games on the same map. It was getting annoying.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
hi

all the weapons are op when other people are using them, and super weak when i am using them.

nintendo, please boost the weapons i am using and nerf the weapons other people are using, thanks

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
People talk up the Aerospray RG a lot, but I actually like the Inkzooka on the MG now that I've played around with it a little more. It's not something you use actively, it's a sort of backup weapon; is there a sniper or other person you want/need to deal with out of your range/behind a wall/whatever? Pop your Inkzooka and kill them, then kill the rest of their team because it's actually surprisingly good. I've gotten triple kills and I think maybe a quadra kill once even with it. That plus Seekers being hilariously fun will make it hard for me to swap to the RG.

Also, the silver finish is cooler than the gold. Fashion is important even in your choice of weapon, people.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just tried the Aerospray MG and it is almost too good.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I filled out the form wrong and added my mii name and not my account name because I'm an dummy

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Suspicious Dish posted:

hi

all the weapons are op when other people are using them, and super weak when i am using them.

nintendo, please boost the weapons i am using and nerf the weapons other people are using, thanks

Its literally impossible to do bad with the roller unless you're on the mall and everyone else on your team has a roller as well.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
I was pretty surprised people were into the Splattershot Jr. for so long since I'd been clearing house with the Aerospray MG. That thing's a monster. I love the Blaster as well since I like shotguns in these games, but Turf War might not be the ideal game mode for it.

TubeStank posted:

I filled out the form wrong and added my mii name and not my account name because I'm an dummy

As kind of mentioned a bit ago, the form should probably have a section for Mii names anyway.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Its literally impossible to do bad with the roller unless you're on the mall and everyone else on your team has a roller as well.

The roller is easy as gently caress to kill

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The aerospray is the new roller, people just think its OP cause they're only just now getting exposed to it and don't know how to deal with it yet. In a straight fight they get shut down hard by longer ranged and more accurate weapons like the splattershot pro or .52 gal.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Roller can be difficult to kill with the short range weapons like Blaster Jr and Aerospray. To kill quickly you need to be in range of their one hit kill shake. It's really not so bad, it's just that almost every single person with it tries to run over everyone with it, which obviously doesn't work.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Unlucky7 posted:

I just tried the Aerospray MG and it is almost too good.

Fire rate should actually consume more ink - you get a benefit for no cost.
As someone who primarily uses a roller I keep thinking I can just run an MG out of shots and roll them while they're in ink but it never happens.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

homeless snail posted:

The aerospray is the new roller, people just think its OP cause they're only just now getting exposed to it and don't know how to deal with it yet. In a straight fight they get shut down hard by longer ranged and more accurate weapons like the splattershot pro or .52 gal.

Hm, that may be true. I guess we will just need to wait and see.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Aerospray is unparalleled for spreading ink and pretty bad in a straight up fight.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemming posted:

Aerospray is unparalleled for spreading ink and pretty bad in a straight up fight.

Basically. Don't let one get right up next to you or it will shred you. If you can get some distance away, they'll hit you with maybe 1/20th of what they're putting out and it's piddly and pathetic. If you're a roller shake at the, don't roll because you'll get into the aforementioned shredding range.

On a different topic, when people mentioned the shells earlier it seems like the amount given per Splatfest, provided you don't get only the consolation prize, is pretty good. It's only, like, one shell per slot upgrade, right? If so you need at most six to three-star your favorite outfit; anything beyond that is skill rerolls, which are nice but not absolutely huge.

By the way, does anyone have a list of which abilities are main slot only? Seems to me that any that are "abilities" rather than "boosts" (so, Ninja Squid or Recon, as opposed to fire rate increase or respawn time decrease) are main slot only, which makes sense, but I'm curious if there are any other things that can't be in the random slots.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

TubeStank posted:

The roller is easy as gently caress to kill

If you just bumrush people blindly with it yeah, but you're supposed to treat it like this games shotgun; ambush people from behind or lure them around corners to roll their face off. And if you do need to close the gap on a gunner that's aware of you, you pop kraken form and flatten them. If I wasn't trying to unlock more perks on clothes I'd stack special build up and duration perks to use the kraken as much as possible. But even if you can't do that right your still probably gonna help more than most people because the roller covers tons of area very quickly making it great for taking over turf. I've seen rollers with terrible stat lines still score high because they cover half the map in ink.

The only map I think the roller is really bad on is the mall because its almost entirely one massive corridor with terrible cover that can just be shot over from the high ground.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sorry I kill people really easy with the Aerospray and you dudes are flat out wrong. I build up the special so goddamn fast that when a sniper shows up I just inkzooka them then go back to spreading paint then surprise I have the inkzooka back by the time the enemy respawns. In a game of movement it's ULTRA easy to get in close and just tear people up- and even if the inkzooka isn't ready I can throw out a seeker and retreat the other way.

It's hilariously busted.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Regy Rusty posted:

By painting walls? :haw:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Sorry I kill people really easy with the Aerospray and you dudes are flat out wrong. I build up the special so goddamn fast that when a sniper shows up I just inkzooka them then go back to spreading paint then surprise I have the inkzooka back by the time the enemy respawns. In a game of movement it's ULTRA easy to get in close and just tear people up- and even if the inkzooka isn't ready I can throw out a seeker and retreat the other way.

It's hilariously busted.
This post, but a month ago and about the roller.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

homeless snail posted:

This post, but a month ago and about the roller.

Roller didn't have options tho.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Even up close it kills really slowly. It doesn't do a lot of damage.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's hilariously busted.

how is the aero different from the other auto-guns like this?

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
I hate Arowana, because I feel too few people get how to play it.

So, in a misguided attempt to educate people with my hot opinions, I've made a couple basic little strategy tips for the opening 30s-1m or so.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Suspicious Dish posted:

how is the aero different from the other auto-guns like this?

It has the highest rate of fire and a wider (seemingly) range. If you have any damage ups you can open fire and completely surround the enemy without even moving the cursor so they can't move and just get torn apart. The reason it's so good whenever I go against it is if I get hit with a splattershot of some kind I can turn into a squid and usually ink hop away to safety even if I'm caught off guard, if it's a aerospray the entire area around me is suddenly filled and I'm getting pelted so fast I can't even paint at my feet to get that inital jump away.

The fact it runs out of ink very rarely is also nuts. Thing can seriously cover a good quarter of the map usually before hitting red.

The silver one has seekers with it which go straight ahead no matter what as long as you have ink so if you see someone coming and you cannot handle them you can EASILY throw it out and retreat- while retreating your ink is refilling and the seeker just will not stop until it hits a wall which usually gives you enough of a distraction to get somewhere else- and the Inkzooka as someone mentioned beforehand is possibly one of the best subs in the game because it travels the full length of any of the chargers, goes completely over any barrier in it's way and if fired at a wall or ramp will give you a instant escape route.

The kit given is just too good. This isn't Rollers all over again, it's just flat out a genuinely insanely strong weapon.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 31, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

If you just bumrush people blindly with it yeah, but you're supposed to treat it like this games shotgun; ambush people from behind or lure them around corners to roll their face off. And if you do need to close the gap on a gunner that's aware of you, you pop kraken form and flatten them. If I wasn't trying to unlock more perks on clothes I'd stack special build up and duration perks to use the kraken as much as possible. But even if you can't do that right your still probably gonna help more than most people because the roller covers tons of area very quickly making it great for taking over turf. I've seen rollers with terrible stat lines still score high because they cover half the map in ink.

The only map I think the roller is really bad on is the mall because its almost entirely one massive corridor with terrible cover that can just be shot over from the high ground.

And not having a team that bunches up solves all of these problems

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Calling any weapon OP the day you unlock it is probably never a good idea

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Help Im Alive posted:

Calling any weapon OP the day you unlock it is probably never a good idea

I've been using it for 3 days though.

Edit: Only weapon that has given me trouble going up against are the blasters that shoot fireworks or whatever the hell those globs are. It's usually a trade in those cases.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 23:08 on May 31, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Well ok, I'm just saying it's still super early. You'll probably be looking at the weapons differently in a couple of weeks when people have had more time to figure the game out

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I'm not quite sure that I "get" the Blaster after a few games with it
I feel like Roller is a better short-range shotgun, 52 gal has better spread, and I'd rather have a Splattershot for mid-range (and filling areas quicker)

And I also can't really find a niche for the Jet Squelcher - again, I feel like I'd rather have a Splattershot, Squiffer, or Charger

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is there a way to buy the squid amiibo for cheap? I don't want to buy a pack of amiibos I already have. Ebay? Does it give anything good?

When ranked with equal level dudes, I seem to do a whole lot better than most people. Except when the game matches me against a guy who's lvl 11 and practically instagibs me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
isn't it sold by itself in the eu

• Locked thread