Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Mooseykins posted:

Oh, you were there? No, you weren't.

It was safe to cross traffic. By your logic, in that clip with the cyclist who rode into a parked car, the car was at fault.

Had the cyclist been looking ahead he would've seen my van turning before he was 3' from it.

If you hit a stationary object then its your fault.

For your case the cyclist had right of way so it is your responsibility as the person crossing his right of way to make sure that your action is safe. Buy forcing the other road user with the right of way to brake you are the person who made the situation dangerous. It is exactly the same if you were crossing two lanes of traffic with only the closest one to you letting you through, you still have to make sure it is safe to cross both lanes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

MrLonghair posted:

There is no fixing this problem.
Running into me has fixed it with a couple of idiot teenagers. Like a jetski hitting a bulk carrier.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InterceptorV8 posted:

I saw an idiot the other day use one of those interstate crossovers that police, wrenchmobiles and meatwagons use. Pretty sure his 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix isn't on the list of approved cars to use it, but the best thing about it was it kicked it over into the slow lane and almost got rear end rammed by a "train". Guy got on the brakes hard enough to make his last wagon come out and wiggle.

THEN he took off.

I gave him the devo treatment before he passed me though. drat near stuffed his own head into the windshield.

Luckily we don't have those here, because if we did i'm sure there'd be a lot more road deaths. Like motorway junctions, 95% of the time they have a roundabout when you come off. Came off a junction too soon? No problem! Go down the slip road (off ramp), over the roundabout (not literally), and up the slip road (on ramp) back onto the motorway.

Do they do this? No. They take the slip road and at the last loving second realise their mistake, cross the hatchings back into the slow lane and cut up some poor bastard in a 44t truck, making him panic brake as he desperately tries to not demolish the car of an oblivious idiot.

I saw this exact thing happen the other day, and could see the truck's brake lights flashing as the driver pumped the brakes when his trailer started twerking. He was skilled as gently caress and kept it in the lane too. I'll see if i saved the video of it on the dashcam.

You know when you're towing a caravan and just cannot wait for those loving slow-rear end truck-driving wankers, don't they know you need to set up camp and drain the chemical toilet?

Well, here's the solution!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFeBIxRyxag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP5Sb5Ggh7k

As you can see, it has an excellent success rate in speeding up journies. Almost.

Geoj posted:

I think you'll find that "the parked car I ran into was at fault" is a popular opinion among bicyclists.

In their eyes, they're never at fault. Not sure what train of thought brings them to that conculsion.

We have a problem here with cyclists being killed in collisions with trucks. The reason? At junctions with trucks turning left (where we drive on the left) they stop on the inside of the truck turning, in the driver's blind spot. The lights change, and the cyclist isn't fast enough to get out the way. 32t tipper truck vs cyclist?

If only trucks had something to warn cyclists of their impending danger!

These stickers are everywhere. On trucks, on vans, on buses. They pay zero attention to them. Lots of newer trucks have additional left hand indicator lights down the entire left side and warning alarms, but still cyclists don't get the loving point.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Don't see how he's at fault when the guy was blowing past stationary traffic into an open intersection most likely hidden by the cars he's passing.

Bingo. And in a long line of stationary traffic, even though i can see more than car drivers, i can only see so much. The top of my van is 2-3' higher than my eye level when driving so a cyclist can see me from further than i can see them. If you're flying down the road obscured by traffic, and approach a junction, you should probably exercise a little caution. Even the stationary cars left a gap for traffic to cross.

Red is me, blue is stationary traffic, green is bike-riding oval office cyclist.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
People that rubberneck during high traffic times (all the time) on Rt. 93 through Boston are bad people. I've never seen people slow down for anything halfway reasonable, like when a man decides to change a tire on his van in the center lane just before exit 20 on 93 northbound or an abandoned trailer on an offramp. There's someone pulled over on the other side of the highway? Better slow down. An accident on the other side of the highway with no involvement on this end, sudden traffic! Better slam on my brakes and go have a look.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

Pine Cone Jones posted:

People that rubberneck during high traffic times (all the time) on Rt. 93 through Boston are bad people. I've never seen people slow down for anything halfway reasonable, like when a man decides to change a tire on his van in the center lane just before exit 20 on 93 northbound or an abandoned trailer on an offramp. There's someone pulled over on the other side of the highway? Better slow down. An accident on the other side of the highway with no involvement on this end, sudden traffic! Better slam on my brakes and go have a look.

:stare:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This minivan is entering a highway where traffic routinely moves at over 70mph. :downs:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Speaking of rubberneckers, this happened recently...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11635554/Drivers-prosecuted-for-taking-pictures-of-four-lorry-pile-up.html

quote:

Cambridgeshire Police officers at the scene noticed the volume of motorists using their phones to take photographs of the crash and began recording their number plates.
They said the sheer number of people taking pictures was unusual because the accident was particularly bad.
The motorists are likely to be prosecuted for driving while using a mobile phone, careless driving or driving without due care and attention.

:getin:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Speaking of cell phones, I was following a guy talking on his cell phone while driving an employer's pick up truck. I normally wouldn't have taken notice except for the sticker on the back window just behind his head that said "CELL PHONE FREE VEHICLE".

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

The amount of people who use their phones while driving is shocking. I don't even know how they do it, i can't even change the loving radio while i drive. Touch screen thing with menus and poo poo. If i did anything with it i'd crash. But somehow people can text on a smartphone and drive. How???

Cambridge.. a town overrun by bike-riding cunts cyclists.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Mooseykins posted:

The amount of people who use their phones while driving is shocking. I don't even know how they do it, i can't even change the loving radio while i drive. Touch screen thing with menus and poo poo. If i did anything with it i'd crash. But somehow people can text on a smartphone and drive. How???

It's pretty easy to take pictures on my phone, shake wrist twice, put thumb on screen and it autodrives itself.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Mooseykins posted:

I love when I'm sitting at a redlight and I watch the driver of the car behind me take their eyes off the road and to something they're reaching for on the passenger side/looking at something in their lap before they even come to a complete stop. Makes me a little nervous every time. Come to a complete stop, and then look at whatever you absolutely need to look at.

*Cyclists can't stop getting hit in this city. I've seen how they move about around cars and I'm not surprised. I've had so many blow passed me when I'm in the process of turning that I'm shocked when they actually wait in a spot that is visible. This isn't always when I'm crossing a bike lane either, they just ride up on you and ignore your turn signal and just keep biking.

*Came dangerously close to taking out a jaywalker at 1 in the morning who blindly crossed the street while on his cell phone. I had just turned onto the street and caught a glimpse of him in my left headlight beam. Wearing very dark clothes. loving prick.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Uthor posted:

Speaking of cell phones, I was following a guy talking on his cell phone while driving an employer's pick up truck. I normally wouldn't have taken notice except for the sticker on the back window just behind his head that said "CELL PHONE FREE VEHICLE".

Banning cell phones doesn't seem like it's going to work, Illinois recently implemented a hands-free requirement and I can still spot hordes of people with a slab pressed against their ear.

I mean yeah a ban is the right thing to do, but if it can't be effectively enforced it's not going to do anything. It just seems like the sort of thing police will use to tack on to the list of offenses when they pull someone over.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

DEAR RICHARD posted:

*Came dangerously close to taking out a jaywalker at 1 in the morning who blindly crossed the street while on his cell phone. I had just turned onto the street and caught a glimpse of him in my left headlight beam. Wearing very dark clothes. loving prick.

THIS.

I've been bitching about this for years now, and it reminds me I almost tagged a fucker at 1am standing on the loving fog line wearing almost all black on the interstate in the middle of nowhere Nevada.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

xzzy posted:

Banning cell phones doesn't seem like it's going to work, Illinois recently implemented a hands-free requirement and I can still spot hordes of people with a slab pressed against their ear.

I was going to mention this is in IL where using a cell phone like that is illegal, but it's so common, that I barely remembered. I just thought the juxtaposition of the sticker was a nice touch.

(I was going to pull out my phone to take a picture, but the light changed and it would have been hard to see anyway.)

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Uthor posted:

We have those on the vehicles at work. You are forbidden from having your cell phone in the cab of the vehicle at all and if you bring your phone with you as an emergency phone, you have have to store it in the totes in the back of the truck. Still trying to figure out where to store it in the hatchback we got instead of a truck, since being caught with it in the vehicle is an immediate dismissal and I refuse to drive without some way to call back to the store if needed. :v:

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Mooseykins posted:

Bingo. And in a long line of stationary traffic, even though i can see more than car drivers, i can only see so much. The top of my van is 2-3' higher than my eye level when driving so a cyclist can see me from further than i can see them. If you're flying down the road obscured by traffic, and approach a junction, you should probably exercise a little caution. Even the stationary cars left a gap for traffic to cross.

Red is me, blue is stationary traffic, green is bike-riding oval office cyclist.

The cyclist had right of way

You crossed his right of way

It is your duty to look out for him not his to look out for you

This was your fault.

Highway Code posted:

Turning right

Well before you turn right you should

use your mirrors to make sure you know the position and movement of traffic behind you
give a right-turn signal
take up a position just left of the middle of the road or in the space marked for traffic turning right
leave room for other vehicles to pass on the left, if possible.

Wait until there is a safe gap between you and any oncoming vehicle. Watch out for cyclists, motorcyclists, pedestrians and other road users. Check your mirrors and blind spot again to make sure you are not being overtaken, then make the turn. Do not cut the corner. Take great care when turning into a main road; you will need to watch for traffic in both directions and wait for a safe gap.

Would you also like me to quote case law around specific accidents to back up the point further?

Alot of cyclists try and kill themselves. That is not the case here.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
This is pretty low key, but how about this dickwad?

I got in without too much trouble (the tree is far enough for the rear overhand, as it turns out), but is it that loving difficult to let off the brake for a moment and park a bit more considerately?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Elmnt80 posted:

Still trying to figure out where to store it in the hatchback we got instead of a truck,

You need a very very small roof box obviously :v:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Foxtrot_13 posted:

So the cyclist, having right of way, decided that the best thing to do when encountering a 3.5 tonne van that hadn't seen him, would be to try and assert his right of way. Sounds awfully familiar.

By the letter of the law, yes, Mooseykins is in the wrong.

But this is exactly the kind of bloodyminded, idiotic poo poo that I see cyclists do on a semi-regular basis. Being in the right is no use if you're dead. If you have even minimal experience cycling, you should recognise that when all the traffic is queued, and you're coming up the inside or between stopped cars, there is a massively heightened risk of someone not seeing or expecting you to be there, and you have to ride accordingly. It doesn't give people the right to cut across you, and they're still wrong to do so, but you have to be aware of the fact it can happen and why it does.

Hell, I anticipate this approaching a junction if I'm in the outside lane and the inside lane is stopped, because I know there is a risk of someone pulling out (or the reverse situation and someone pulling in), and that's when I have both the right of way and a tonne and a half of metal with five NCAP stars worth of airbags.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InterceptorV8 posted:

It's pretty easy to take pictures on my phone, shake wrist twice, put thumb on screen and it autodrives itself.

Taking a picture, yeah. But i'm talking about people texting and poo poo. Old phone with buttons i could text without looking at it, touchscreen thing, not a chance.

I keep driving past minor accidents in London where people have run into the car in front because they were on their phone.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

They do this here too, all the time. Or morning commuters using their phones walk over crossings without paying attention to whether its green for them to cross or not. A good portion of time driving through central London is dodging jaywalkers and general idiots.

Elmnt80 posted:

We have those on the vehicles at work. You are forbidden from having your cell phone in the cab of the vehicle at all and if you bring your phone with you as an emergency phone, you have have to store it in the totes in the back of the truck. Still trying to figure out where to store it in the hatchback we got instead of a truck, since being caught with it in the vehicle is an immediate dismissal and I refuse to drive without some way to call back to the store if needed. :v:

Immediate dismissal for having a phone in the cab? Talk about extreme.

Foxtrot_13 posted:

It is your duty to look out for him not his to look out for you

Right, technically yes. However, it's like a car crossing your path up ahead, then you accelerate to close the gap and hit them, or aren't paying attention and then hit them. In the real world you can't sit and wait until there are no cars coming the other way. Like your two-lane example, if you approach a junction like that and the next lane is stationary does your internal monologue go "YOLO, i have right of way!" and bomb it over? Also, it's not like i was doing 30 and just cut across their path, i had to practically stop as i came to the gap to check it was clear then drive through slowly. Cyclist @ 20mph can go from out of sight to right loving there very quickly, it's not possible to watch every angle, every mirror and the road ahead simultaneously.

Maybe you think i should've stopped my van, got out with binoculars, checked for anything coming down that side of the traffic then got back in and completed my turn, having established there were no cyclists in the 1/4 mile before that junction.

I hope you're a cyclist in London so i can run you over watch out for you to esure your journey is safe.

In fact, a guy i used to work for did a similar thing to "arrogantly exercising his right of way": two-lane road, we're in the right-hand lane, stationary van in the left-hand lane, right-hand indication, two cars stopped behind it. It was obvious he wanted to make a U-turn. He (wrongfully) assumed our van was going to stop for him, he pulled into our lane and the guy i worked for thought "gently caress this guy" and went to go around him. Only the other guy continued his turn thinking we'd stopped and our van went straight into the side of his. (My side of the van having the collision.)

Because the guy i worked with had "right of way" and was determined to use it. He then argued about how the other guy should've stopped, even though he himself could've entirely prevent the crash.

Also, i'd like to know their argument for right of way vs. criminal damage for punching and denting my van too.

mobby_6kl posted:

This is pretty low key, but how about this dickwad?

I got in without too much trouble (the tree is far enough for the rear overhand, as it turns out), but is it that loving difficult to let off the brake for a moment and park a bit more considerately?

This happens all the time with loading bays. They're big enough for two vans, but some mindless wanker parks right in the middle so no-one else can use them.

Mooseykins fucked around with this message at 21:57 on May 31, 2015

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.
When you're a 150 pound sack of meat not paying attention around 3000+ pound metal boxes, the laws of traffic might say you win in court, but the laws of physics say you lose at life.

Arriviste
Sep 10, 2010

Gather. Grok. Create.

Now pick up what you can
and run.
Kentucky has rules against texting while driving, but talking on the phone is still okay: just like every LEO I see. Most of them are zipping along far above the speed limit without flashing lights at the same time, too. Not that I'd ever bring it up to a cop. :suicide:

I've been appalled at how many people I see from my balcony who are driving and loving around with their phones in their laps. After a couple of close calls with my parked truck, I started parking around the corner on the front side of my building which faces a less-busy street.

Related rant: The day after I started parking there (instead of next to my door where it had been for a few months) one of my building's other tenants sent a text to me, our other neighbor, and the landlords a few minutes after he drove away: "Anyone know whose old red truck that is?? Used to be on Xxx St. and was behind my car today."
I answered "It's mine. After seeing a couple of near-misses with assholes texting while driving I moved it to Yyy ST since it's less busy." He answered back (presumably while driving) something about it was getting old having to parallel park every time. (???) I took this awhile later once he got home:

Dude has backup sensors, too. I park even closer to the corner now and he's always backed up exactly that close. Rarely have anything parked in front of him where he has to parallel park in the difficult sense. The street is not your driveway, bitch. :arghfist:

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

TNO posted:

When you're a 150 pound sack of meat not paying attention around 3000+ pound metal boxes, the laws of traffic might say you win in court, but the laws of physics say you lose at life.

In the book Proficient Motorcycling the author has about half a chapter devoted to this concept alone. He wrote up a story about a young motorcyclist with a broken leg complaining to the author about how the "other guy" was at fault and all the author asked was "Why did you let him get you?"

Paraphrasing what he said in the remaining half of the chapter, it was basically that you're always going to lose these fights, no matter what. However you (as a motorcyclist, at least) have the best thing short of a warp drive and they don't, so when someone is road raging, driving dangerously or look to be completely incompetent, pin it to win it and get the hell out of there. It blows my mind that so many people don't realize that.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This talk of cyclists has reminded me of my cycle to work last Thursday. I ride a road bike, I'm pretty quick on it considering it's only a short 5 miles to/from work. There's a nice reasonably sharp left-hander which leads to a nice long straight road and it seems a lot of drivers struggle with speed perception both in terms of their own vehicles and that of others. Anyway I was hammering along about 100ft from the corner and this lady decides she NEEDS TO GET AROUND IT SUPER QUICK and basically ends up overtaking me 20ft from the corner and then jumps on the brakes to get around it. In the middle of the corner I'm neck and neck with her looking at her through the passenger window gesturing "HEY BITCH, LOOK!"

...she does the typical lovely driver thing of paying no attention to me because if she doesn't look then I cease to exist or be a problem.

And everyone is a dickhead, car, bike, pedestrian or otherwise.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

We need to have the world go old school mad max.

Good, bad, I'm the one with the gun (and huge bumper)

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
So if I understand the rear end in a top hat faction correctly, we should do away with any right-of-way for physically inferior traffic? Smaller cars, bike, cyclists, pedestrians? Might makes right? If you're going to suffer in a collision, it's your responsibility and yours only to avoid it?

That seems... well, appropriate for uncivilized assholes.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

wayfinder posted:

So if I understand the rear end in a top hat faction correctly, we should do away with any right-of-way for physically inferior traffic? Smaller cars, bike, cyclists, pedestrians? Might makes right? If you're going to suffer in a collision, it's your responsibility and yours only to avoid it?

Everyone should just be more courtious to everyone. Well, except left lane hogs and people who don't use turn outs. gently caress those guys.

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

wayfinder posted:

Just pay the gently caress attention to your surroundings and drive/ride defensively. Don't assume the other guy sees you unless you've made eye contact with them. Do assume that everyone else on the road is a loving idiot and will do the stupidest thing imaginable, and position yourself to not get caught up in it when they do. Know where the blind spots are for different types of vehicle and don't hang out in them.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Was doing 80 on the highway when a car got up on my rear end, I moved right to let him pass. It was a Smart Car with the driver on the phone. He proceeded to tailgate the next car in line. Nonchalantly in Smart Car at 80 mph.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

wayfinder posted:

If you're going to suffer in a collision, it's your responsibility and yours only to avoid it?

No, you should probably just blindly slam into the other vehicle and then act like a victim because technically the law said you had the right of way.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
I'll count that as a yes

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

wayfinder posted:

I'll count that as a yes

If you're riding in a blind spot how do you expect the car/van/murder vehicle to give you right of way if they have no idea you're coming? If you want to die just to be lawful go for it.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Go with the boating rules of the road where larger, less maneuverable things always have right of way.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

PaganGoatPants posted:

If you're riding in a blind spot how do you expect the car/van/murder vehicle to give you right of way if they have no idea you're coming? If you want to die just to be lawful go for it.

Perhaps we could start by not assuming there's nobody in our blind spots? We know where they are.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

wayfinder posted:

Perhaps we could start by not assuming there's nobody in our blind spots? We know where they are.

I was driving earlier and had a Q7 in my blind spot for a couple miles. Like, couldn't even see their mirrors. You have to be pretty close to make a car that size disappear in a van's (rear) blind spot. He must've been about 18" off my bumper. Occasionally i'd go around a bend and one mirror would become visible.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

wayfinder posted:

There are some situations where what's legally right and what's practical in reality are very different. This is one of those cases. Let's go back to the example.

Mooseykins posted:

In case you haven't noticed, a lot of vehicles on the road are tall enough to mostly or entirely obscure a cyclist behind them. That means from the perspective of someone trying to follow the red path it can be basically impossible to see if one's coming alongside a line of stopped traffic. If the blue line is a bunch of soccer moms in X5s, Land Rovers, etc. there's a real possibility that a bike could cover the entire green path while being literally 100% invisible to the car on the red path.

Do you propose that no one ever make turns across stopped traffic? Should all bikes have to have a dune buggy type flag sticking up far enough to keep them visible from behind cars? Or do we go with the easiest option for all which is to accept that while they may have the right of way the bikers in this situation also have the best visibility and best maneuverability to avoid a potential accident?

If there's a gap in a line of stopped cars, there might be a car coming through it that can't see you. Treat that gap like a cop in pursuit (who also has right-of-way but isn't going to be stupid about it) treats a red light and be prepared to stop.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

wayfinder posted:

So what you're saying is that he never should've turned since the likelihood of an cyclist coming (that you cannot see until halfway through your turn) is greater than 0?

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

wolrah posted:

Do you propose

I propose in this situation to inch forward (at a pace at that gives an oncoming cyclist enough room to comfortably swerve around you if necessary) until you can see that there's nobody coming, then vacate the crossing swiftly. You know, like a reasonable person.

edit: which looks doable here:

wayfinder fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 1, 2015

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

wayfinder posted:

I'll count that as a yes

Let me guess - you're the kind of person who walks out in front of traffic and then gets pissed off when someone has to do a crash stop because :qq: PEDESTRIANS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY :qq:

e: if I'm driving along at, say, 50 MPH and I see someone ahead that has blocked an intersection and have plenty of time to stop, should I A) like a "reasonable person" who is interested in self-preservation, come to a controlled stop and wait for the intersection to clear, or B) continue along at 50 MPH until I t-bone the offending vehicle just because the law technically says I'm in the right?

Geoj fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

Geoj posted:

Let me guess - you're the kind of person who walks out in front of traffic and then gets pissed off when someone has to do a crash stop because :qq: PEDESTRIANS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY :qq:

e: if I'm driving along at, say, 50 MPH and I see someone ahead that has blocked an intersection and have plenty of time to stop, should I A) like a "reasonable person" who is interested in self-preservation, come to a controlled stop and wait for the intersection to clear, or B) continue along at 50 MPH until I t-bone the offending vehicle just because the law technically says I'm in the right?

Is this a test? I'm great at tests!!