Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I enjoy the 2nd half of TTGL a lot but never quite as much as the first half.

Parallel Works 8 is the best part though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Allarion posted:

That's still probably my favorite fight in Gurren Lagann. Part 2 was a lot bigger and more insane, but I really like desperate fights like the Lordgenome fight.
Same.

The second half was cool, the final battle was great, but I preferred the more intimate nature of Simon and Genome's throwdown.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

probably better posted here. contains spoilers for yesterdays simulwatch, Windaria.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Peace Walker isn't as good as Snake Eater but building up your private army and base is pretty loving awesome anyway.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

dotJPG posted:

probably better posted here. contains spoilers for yesterdays simulwatch, Windaria.
Haven't been keeping up with the simulwatch thread since I've got too much other stuff to watch.

Maybe I should reconsider.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been watching Brave 10 today. It was described in the thread for that season as "some pretty boy ninja show" and that's very accurate and also exactly what I was in the mood for. :v:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Dangerous Person posted:

Peace Walker isn't as good as Snake Eater but building up your private army and base is pretty loving awesome anyway.

so loving hype for base building in phantom pain and fire embem if

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Then again it's Mind Game next and I've already seen that so the joy of posting live reactions is gone.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Davincie posted:

so loving hype for base building in phantom pain and fire embem if

Same dude.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Then again it's Mind Game next and I've already seen that so the joy of posting live reactions is gone.

People have made some good posts after the livewatching is all over, so at the very least you could poke in after next week's! I'm sure there will be other folks that have seen Mind Game and while they might not watch it they could still have stuff to say.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

dotJPG posted:

Pretty sure that's what was playing in my head last night.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

After I finish fat zero, i'm going to watch kino's journey

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

fat zero

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fate zero spent way too much time on caster's shenanigans, imo

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The healthiest anime.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Namtab posted:

Fate zero spent way too much time on caster's shenanigans, imo
yeah you can see it kinda straining to get to 24 episodes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imo i think some anime original material would have been better than dragging out THE BIGGEST COOL. there was a cut plot point in the novel about waver and rider interacting with one of the assassins, maybe polish that up and make an episode out of it instead.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

There's 4 servants left and 4 eps left to go, maybe a little caster trimming was in order.

Hell they spent two eps telling me about kerry's sad life fighting vampires

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I wish they'd hidden Assassin being not quite dead yet a little better.

You know, maybe not reveal their hand the same episode we thought they were gone.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

I wish they'd hidden Assassin being not quite dead yet a little better.

You know, maybe not reveal their hand the same episode we thought they were gone.
also give them something to do besides break a wine glass and die

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It was never supposed to be a huge twist in and of itself, it was more about showing what Assassin could do and showing what Team Tokiomi had for a gameplan.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Endorph posted:

also give them something to do besides break a wine glass and die
Tohsaka's game plan involved being dull, what a surprise.

Rodyle posted:

It was never supposed to be a huge twist in and of itself, it was more about showing what Assassin could do and showing what Team Tokiomi had for a gameplan.
Yeah, I just wish they'd played out the suspense a little longer.

One of the first things they establish is that Kotomine and Tohsaka are working together, going to all that trouble to train a member of the church as a magus for the war. Then they summon their servants, Archer and Assassin respectively...only for Archer to kill Assassin immediately? What? Why? It's so illogical. You always knew they were up to something, but how does this fit any plan at all?

Of course, it's quickly revealed how it serves their purposes. I just wish they'd held that note a little longer, until the start of the next episode at least. Would've been fun to keep people guessing for a week.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

Tohsaka's game plan involved being dull, what a surprise.

Like father like daughter.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

littleorv posted:

Like father like daughter.

Sakura sucks, it's true

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Sakura sucks, it's true

In more than one way from what I've heard.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Sakura sucks, it's true

But does she swallow?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

sakura ftw

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Watching Windaria. Just got to the scene where dotjpg's gif came from yesterday. I am suddenly concerned for these characters.:ohdear:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

On second thought I take back the dick sucking jokes about the animated 15 year old girl.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

littleorv posted:

In more than one way from what I've heard.

littleorv posted:

But does she swallow?

Gotta be decisive with these things

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Also it's a mystery how Paro is still around considering it seems to be on fire constantly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv posted:

On second thought I take back the dick sucking jokes about the animated 15 year old girl.
thank you

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Oh god that dove. :gonk:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the Windaria watching experience
Coo-Coo :(

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

*Simon drills into Lord Genome's gunman.*

"I shouldn't have trusted a gunman to get the job done."

*Genome busts open the cockpit, head on fire, to beat Simon to death with his fists.*

:suspense:

:hellyeah:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm groaning with dickworms

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

dogsicle posted:

the Windaria watching experience
Coo-Coo :(

What got me were the cuts to Jill when the pilot was trying to land.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 23:33 on May 31, 2015

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

People who play control are almost guaranteed to have some sort of hosed up event in thier childhood

Wizard Soul Chapter 3!

http://bato.to/read/_/323760/wizards-soul-holy-war-of-love_v1_ch3_by_ws-scan

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Namtab posted:

I'm groaning with dickworms

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I think "Everyone in THE WORLD loves X" is my favrorite trope in anime and manga

• Locked thread