Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yep, no problem there. The game doesn't even care which region of account you are playing it with.

Isn't the PS4 like the PS3 in that if the developer/publisher wants they can lock it but except for a spin-off fighting game no-one will probably do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Motherfucking Rocket League.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

a cop posted:

Motherfucking Rocket League.

Be still my heart. I had to go check if the beta was back.

It is not. At least I wasn't alone in checking according to the player count.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

They're probably going to announce a release date tomorrow, or early in the week. Here's hoping for less than 2 months.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

a cop posted:

They're probably going to announce a release date tomorrow, or early in the week.

Based on what? Not doubting... just wondering.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Feenix posted:

Based on what? Not doubting... just wondering.

It'd be a dick move if they didn't answer *the* question!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

they're gonna make it a regular soccer game

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Isn't the PS4 like the PS3 in that if the developer/publisher wants they can lock it but except for a spin-off fighting game no-one will probably do it?

Probably, yeah. And considering how badly it backfired on Atlus, I don't think anyone else will rush in to do it.

Oh, and a quick note to Danith: the only region lock when it comes to videogames on PlayStation platforms is that the DLC's region has to match the game's region. On the PS3 and PS4, this isn't a big deal: just create a new account in the region in question, grab some pre-paid codes and download the stuff, then switch back to your main account to play.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Witcher 3 is really good, and man is it dense with stuff to do. I'm still in Velen something like 20+ hours in.

Harlock fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 1, 2015

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah I hate when there's stuff to do in the game about doing stuff

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It wasn't a complaint?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

it's good, BUT

people in general are awful about when they should use and or but. that's my pedantic complaint of the day.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hello friends, I'm a big dumb idiot who made a new account when I bought a PS4 and now I can't get my old trophies and saves (there were not many because I didn't actually own a PS3). I know accounts can't be merged or whatever, but if I buy the FFX HD remaster through digital download on my main account can I still play it on my other account if I set it up on the system?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

witcher 3 is great because all of the side-quests feel like main quests and it's all interesting
in fact all the witcher games are like this
witcher games are good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Harlock posted:

It wasn't a complaint?

you said "but" and then edited it out. a cowardly act.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sprat Sandwich posted:

That game was region locked because it had separate publishers across different regions.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

... but if I buy the FFX HD remaster through digital download on my main account can I still play it on my other account if I set it up on the system?

yes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

thanks, I think I had like 60 hours on my save and I didn't really want to start over

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

thanks, I think I had like 60 hours on my save and I didn't really want to start over

uhm, that's a different matter.
Games can be played with any account on the system as long as the buying acc has that PS4 set as its primary console.
I'm not sure if saves can be used on other accounts.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

witcher 3 is great because all of the side-quests feel like main quests and it's all interesting
witcher games are good

My favorite parts of Witcher 1 were chapters 1 and I think 4 because they both were essentially "the man with no name rolls into Fantasy Town".

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

In some ways I wouldn't say TW3 is the prettiest open world game on PS4, but I'll be damned if it doesn't beat everything out in regards to draw distances and pop in.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dr Sun Try posted:

uhm, that's a different matter.
Games can be played with any account on the system as long as the buying acc has that PS4 set as its primary console.
I'm not sure if saves can be used on other accounts.

FFX can transfer saves between systems. I'm going to buy the game on my "new" account but just set up my "old" one (the one with the save) on the system so I can start from the same spot. Not having the trophies and stuff on the account I normally use kind of sucks but there are worse fates.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

NESguerilla posted:

In some ways I wouldn't say TW3 is the prettiest open world game on PS4, but I'll be damned if it doesn't beat everything out in regards to draw distances and pop in.
TW3 is probably the prettiest open world game on PC, so what would you say beats it on PS4? I haven't played the PS4 version, but if it looks close enough to the PC version, I can't imagine many games look better.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'd say GTA for sure and probably Far Cry at a glance. Far Cry's world is pretty simple by comparison though. GTA has crazy pop in and everything disappears once you get a ways away from it do TW3 kills it in that regard.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've had some pop in issues with W3, but it mainly seems to be focused on Novigrod, which to be fair is a crazy complicated area.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

witcher games are good

Further proof that God hates us: There will be another half dozen Bioware RPGs before CDPR gets their next RPG out the door.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Underwhelmed posted:

Further proof that God hates us: There will be another half dozen Bioware RPGs before CDPR gets their next RPG out the door.
I am 100% ok with this. They took their time and it was worth it.

I want to play it right now, but my PS4 is in a box somewhere awaiting transport to Japan and I don't know how many weeks it will be until I see it again. I'm in the middle of the Novigrad stuff and just that feels like a whole good RPG in and of itself.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Underwhelmed posted:

Considering one of their new IPs was cancelled and Mass Effect: We Hope You Forgot 3 is like 2-3 years out, I'm pretty sure we're safe from a Bioware deluge.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
The Witcher 3 is my first CDPR game and I am legitimately excited for Cyberpunk 2077. I am also excited for any Bioware RPG coming soon, including ME4.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

FFX can transfer saves between systems. I'm going to buy the game on my "new" account but just set up my "old" one (the one with the save) on the system so I can start from the same spot. Not having the trophies and stuff on the account I normally use kind of sucks but there are worse fates.

Yep, that'll work.

I didn't realise your FFX save was on a different system, now it makes much more sense.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

bloodychill posted:

Considering one of their new IPs was cancelled and Mass Effect: We Hope You Forgot 3 is like 2-3 years out, I'm pretty sure we're safe from a Bioware deluge.

They were working on a new ip? What was it going to be?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

RBA Starblade posted:

They were working on a new ip? What was it going to be?

It was this, which frankly didn't look very good for fans of Bioware games or anyone else. I've heard they have another new IP that is still in early dev as well. They might talk more about it and ME this year.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
It was going to be like an episodic Evolve. Wonder what they were smoking to greenlight it in the first place.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

bloodychill posted:

Jesus, really that long? The others came out about every three years. That would put five or six years between 3 and 4

Tide fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 1, 2015

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Tide posted:

Jesus, really that long? The others came out about every three years. That would put five or six years between 3 and 4

Just tempering my own expectations. Since there was a shake-up in staff after ME3, it's reasonable to expect it'll be longer this time.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

bloodychill posted:

Just tempering my own expectations. Since there was a shake-up in staff after ME3, it's reasonable to expect it'll be longer this time.

Ehh, I dunno. It's been a full year since we saw the prototype footage. I think this year's EA conference will have a proper debut trailer. Maybe a 2016 release date.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Every BioWare game is going to use the DA:I template from now on do I'm sure we can look forwards to yearly games from now on.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Every BioWare game is going to use the DA:I template from now on do I'm sure we can look forwards to yearly games from now on.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. If they cranked up the castle/hideout/spaceship building part and flesh out the quests it could be interesting. DA:I showed that they're still capable of making pretty good characters.

But I'd be lying if I said I had gotten attached to any DA characters as much as I did the Baron in W3. Such a good loving character.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DAI plays like poo poo compared to w3 (even despite w3 being janky as gently caress it still blows it out of the water in all aspects). the next bioware game is going to have to be something mighty special for me to care about it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Witcher 3 is awesome because tits.

Also, everything is voiced. The next skyrim or fallout better not have a single line of unvoiced text or I will post angry things on the internet.

• Locked thread