Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

cdyoung posted:

Let me amend myself with proper diction.

MEGAQUEEN(Susan), Cassandra, Rose, Asteria, Sidney

3 votes per person. Your last 2 choices have been rejected in order to comply with the rules.

Current Standings:

MEGAQUEEN Susan: 14
Rose: 7
Cassandra: 6
Scott: 6
Asteria: 5
Fang: 5

Alice: 4
Sidney: 2
Akatsuki: 2
Faye: 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alice, Akatsuki, Scott.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
Asteria, Alice, Fang.

8_Escape
Dec 26, 2013
Rose, Alice and Faye

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I get the feeling a farmer's coming.

Niel
Mar 5, 2013
Alice, Akatsuki, Asteria.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
MEGAQUEEN, Rose, Cassandra

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Alice, MEGAQUEEN Susan, and Rose.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
MEGAQUEEN, Alice, Rose

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
We need Asteria. I don't care about anyone else, but I I have a pun addiction.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Death Dealer posted:

Scott, MEGAQUEEN, Akatsuki

This LP inspired me to start EO3 back up with a different party style since my original setup was ENTIRELY too defensive (Monk/Princess/Hoplite/Zodiac/Farmer) which makes fights take drat near an eternity, though it does technically work. I know what I was thinking when I went with it, since my Monk was half weak-beatstick/half-healer but like has been mentioned - that really does not work all that well.

Replace the Farmer with an Arbalist and that's my party right now!

Melufa
Aug 14, 2011
MEGAQUEEN, Fang, Asteria

MEGAQUEEN is a given, I love the puns, and hoping to see what a wildling can do.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

RareAcumen posted:

Replace the Farmer with an Arbalist and that's my party right now!

My original party with a Glad instead of the Arbalist. It worked out, but the Arbalist sounds better.

Blue Link
Apr 22, 2014
Akatsuki, Asteria, Fang

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
MEGAQUEEN, Asteria, Akatsuki

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
Asteria, Cassandra, Fang

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Even More Current Standings:

MEGAQUEEN Susan: 19
Asteria: 12
Rose: 11
Alice: 10
Fang: 9

Scott: 8
Cassandra: 8
Akatsuki: 6
Sidney: 2
Faye: 1

Seems like most of the new guys are fighting over a spot, while MEGAQUEEN is firmly locked into 1st place. Who knows how this vote will turn out.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Rose, Scott, Alice for all the laughs

Also, for anyone who might have trouble with names *coughmecough*, http://random-name-generator.info/ This is a decent place to just randomly get names from the common to the obscure.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 31, 2015

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Scott, Alice, Rose

Let's see some new team members!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Akatsuki, Asteria, Alice

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

MEGAQUEEN, Alice, and Sidney.

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
Alice and MEGAQUEEN. I give my last vote for Fetus to use :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Krumbsthumbs posted:

My original party with a Glad instead of the Arbalist. It worked out, but the Arbalist sounds better.

I never cracked the game open, beat it, or got past the fifth stratum so I couldn't tell you. I've also never used a Gladiator or Ninja aside from taking down one specific F.O.E.

Kemix posted:

Also, for anyone who might have trouble with names *coughmecough*, http://random-name-generator.info/ This is a decent place to just randomly get names from the common to the obscure.

I wish you'd posted this on the first page. :negative: I also wish that you could reorder who comes first on the Explorere Guild list.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Asteria, Akatsuki, Fang

Because screw synergy.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

RareAcumen posted:

I never cracked the game open, beat it, or got past the fifth stratum so I couldn't tell you. I've also never used a Gladiator or Ninja aside from taking down one specific F.O.E.

I wish you'd posted this on the first page. :negative: I also wish that you could reorder who comes first on the Explorere Guild list.

Yea, it was a recent finding honestly. *proceeds to name all his Farmers Farmbot1 through Farmbot5 and his extra ninjas Ninbot1 through five*

: I AM FARMBOT, PLEASE INSERT GIR- PITCHFORK

Kemix fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 1, 2015

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

RareAcumen posted:

I also wish that you could reorder who comes first on the Explorere Guild list.
But you can? When you go to formation menu to choose your party members, select one and press left. Now you can reorder them.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I'm so happy everyone likes my Punny Zodiac enough to keep voting for her.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Txn posted:

But you can? When you go to formation menu to choose your party members, select one and press left. Now you can reorder them.

That information is not in the manual. But thank you. Oh my god that makes swapping party members so loving fast and quick.

cdyoung posted:

Even if we didn't, a Zodiac is kinda super helpful regardless. Personally, I've never been much of a groaner at puns anyhow.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
So, I've decided to play along with the LP and I'm going with a sliiiiiightly different party setup for the first floor, my party consisting of...

Kemix the Monk: 2 Form Qi and 1 in Healing
Mona the Zodiac: 1 in Fire/Ice Masteries and 1 in Fire Star
Dena the Arbalist: 3 in Giant Kill
Rayn the Hoplite: 1 in Provoke, 1 in Shield Mastery and 1 in Line Guard
and Terrie the Gladiator: 3 in Endless battle

Aaaaand...I'll admit, I haven't done much ELSE yet...but I did be a little pussy and take -everyone's- dagger and summer tweed, excepting the main party and the other five main party members (I did a couple farmbot lootings before dismissing all of them and making five Farmbots and five Ninbots, stripping ALL of them of their daggers and Tweed as well), giving me a starting equipment/item fund of 1200en.

For Weapons: Mona gets a Wisdom Book, Dena a Crossbow, Rayn and Terrie gets a Shortsword and Kemix gets a Macana
For Armor: Everyone gets Boots, Terrie and Rayn gets a shield, Mona/Kemix/Dena gets some gloves and Tweed for everyone
And with the money left, I buy like five Medicas and have 310en leftover, 330 with sold daggers and realize that I threw too many naked farmbots into the abyss to sell for their equipment...eh, whatever, it'll fund more dungeon trips. And with that, I head into the labrynth and start my road to ru- victory!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kemix posted:

Yea, it was a recent finding honestly. *proceeds to name all his Farmers Farmbot1 through Farmbot5 and his extra ninjas Ninbot1 through five*

: I AM FARMBOT, PLEASE INSERT GIR- PITCHFORK

Named my Ninbots Ashigaru1 thru 5.
I think that's perfect.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

cdyoung posted:

She's been the star of the LP so far. She's really ice; her magic is really lightning the load of the rest of the party.

Onehellofaburrito
Oct 6, 2014
Fang, Rose, MEGAQUEEN

Old Greg
Jun 16, 2008

cdyoung posted:

Puns are my guiltiest of pleasure sand I thank you for getting them into the LP :D

To wit! Asteria, MEGAQUEEN (how can I resist), and whomever your Buccaneer is (I am loving my buccaneer on my current playthrough's Team Synergy but need to be reminded why he isn't worth replacing with an Arbalist).

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

PFlats posted:

She's been the star of the LP so far. She's really ice; her magic is really lightning the load of the rest of the party.

That first one took me a second to figure out. Kudos to you, sir, you're on fire today.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Scott, Rose, Cassandra.

A princess does give us some healing so thankfully we won't need Faye. Let's get some damage in there to replace Sidney though!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Looking forward to what you come up with for the Farmer. I like how they introduce gather points, too, since most of the stuff you can get from them seem to make 1-off items.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012
I just realized something.

Fang's not on the character list on the first page.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Fang, Akatsuki, Sydney

thenightsshadow
May 12, 2013
Three votes for Dr. Fetus' use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

VOTING IS CLOSED! The Final Standings:

MEGAQUEEN Susan: 23
Asteria: 15
Alice: 15
Rose: 15
Scott: 12
Fang: 12

Cassandra: 9
Akatsuki: 9
Sidney: 3
Faye: 1

My Choice: 4

There's a 2 way tie for 5th place, however, Buccaneers can't do much early, and aren't that interesting in the early-game. So I'll be taking along MEGAQUEEN Susan, Asteria, Alice, Rose, and Fang! Huh, the party is mostly made up of the new guys, ha! Update is below this post.

EDIT: Or rather, on the next page.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 1, 2015

• Locked thread