Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009

anthonypants posted:

Oh my god he left a voicemail too

http://tindeck.com/listen/xbbtk

Ticket closed: user already out of his mind. Non-IT issue; recommend counseling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

Someone emailed us from their Live account to let us know that they couldn't send email on our service. He didn't offer any additional information, so we asked for any errors he might be getting and if he could log in to webmail successfully. What we got in response, well,

We decided that this behavior did not deserve a response.

FWD: That guys boss
Hey, your employee is insane.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

anthonypants posted:

Oh. My god. :allears:

In all seriousness, I'd probably close the ticket with "no error code given" or "user uncooperative" or something, and forward it and that shining jewel of a voicemail to that guys boss, since he sounds like he's ready to snap and visit your desk with an AK47 or something.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Migishu posted:

FWD: That guys boss
Hey, your employee is insane.
Nah, he's a customer :shobon:

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

anthonypants posted:

holy poo poo

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

NZAmoeba posted:

No email and no error codes makes Jack a dull boy

anthonypants posted:

It's beautiful. Also please be safe anthonypants. :ohdear:

J
Jun 10, 2001

anthonypants posted:

My emails!!! :byodood:

nexxai
Jul 17, 2002

quack quack bjork
Fun Shoe

anthonypants posted:

Someone emailed us from their Live account to let us know that they couldn't send email on our service. He didn't offer any additional information, so we asked for any errors he might be getting and if he could log in to webmail successfully. What we got in response, well,

Sir, are you getting any kind of error code that we could use to troubleshoot your issue?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

anthonypants posted:

!!!!!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

anthonypants posted:

Are you sure it's a good idea to post a customers voice mail on a online comedy forum? Might come back and bit you hard. Also, I can't get tindeck to work on ipad, so no idea if it's the real thing.

There must be someone you can notify. Who is the one paying the bill for his service? I'm sure that person is thrilled to see how his/her money is spent.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Dunno-Lars posted:

Are you sure it's a good idea to post a customers voice mail on a online comedy forum? Might come back and bit you hard. Also, I can't get tindeck to work on ipad, so no idea if it's the real thing.

There must be someone you can notify. Who is the one paying the bill for his service? I'm sure that person is thrilled to see how his/her money is spent.

Yeah, despite the fact that the customer is a shithead, I would suspect that "my email doesn't work" actually means "I'm not getting any new messages even though I should be, and I'm not seeing any sort of error messages. Everything appears fine except for the fact that it's actually broken." and you might want to try and investigate the issue if you can get any identifying info out of him.

Of course, in our heart of hearts, we know that he just stopped paying his bill and is outraged that his account is locked.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mo_Steel posted:

Also please be safe anthonypants. :ohdear:

Eh, until a ticket reply/voicemail come in threatening to rip out and eat his heart, it's really not a "be safe" situation yet.

Also for situations like that, god bless mantrap-style entrances to data centers.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Dunno-Lars posted:

If it were against the forums rules to nonconsensually post a third party's last four digits of their dog, or their mother's maiden credit card number, I think someone would have let me know by now.

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 1, 2015

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

anthonypants posted:

Jesus loving christ.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

RE: A ticket came in... Not getting any e-mails, error codes, and I'm GOING OUT OF MY MIND!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

anthonypants posted:

I'm really glad I went back and clicked this when I got home from work.

:catstare:

Migishu posted:

RE: A ticket came in... Not getting any e-mails, error codes, and I'm GOING OUT OF MY MIND!

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

anthonypants posted:

:stare:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

How does anyone think that acting in that manner will result in a positive outcome? Like the very worst I get when I am at the end of my rope with vendor support is 'just close this ticket because its taking too long and the issue is not a significant impact on our day to day operations so I dont care anymore'

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

anthonypants posted:

anthonypants posted:

Customer fired with a referral to a therapist.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Laserface posted:

How does anyone think that acting in that manner will result in a positive outcome?

Either they are legitimately mentally ill and unable to control their behavior, or they've learned that throwing temper tantrums will get them their way in person (since the "give the screaming person whatever they want and hope they go away" approach to conflict resolution is pretty common these days) and assume the same will be true over the phone or Internet. anthonypants' customer seems more like he's in the "mentally ill" category, though...

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

anthonypants posted:

If it were against the forums rules to nonconsensually post a third party's last four digits of their dog, or their mother's maiden credit card number, I think someone would have let me know by now.

I was thinking job security, not forum rules.

Don't want to see anyone loosing their job because they entertain people.

Close the ticket with a number to some sort of psyc help...

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Volmarias posted:

Yeah, despite the fact that the customer is a shithead, I would suspect that "my email doesn't work" actually means "I'm not getting any new messages even though I should be, and I'm not seeing any sort of error messages. Everything appears fine except for the fact that it's actually broken." and you might want to try and investigate the issue if you can get any identifying info out of him.

Of course, in our heart of hearts, we know that he just stopped paying his bill and is outraged that his account is locked.
So despite being a "cloud services" company, one of our older lines of business is third-party DSL. This customer had this service with us, until CenturyLink gave him an offer he couldn't refuse (probably faster speeds), at which point he's no longer our ISP customer. However, CenturyLink never tells us when this happens, and they never tell the customer that they'd need to tell us to cancel services, so when his internet service died waiting for CenturyLink to hook him up, he gave us a call. We explained to him what happened, and he told us that he wanted to cancel our service. We did so. Then, he found out that he still wanted to use the email service he had with us, so we reactivated it for him.

At the moment, his email account is active, and we can see that it's definitely receiving emails, but since he is completely unwilling to work with us we're not able to determine what technical problem he's having. There could absolutely be concomitant mental health problems, but those will need to be diagnosed and treated elsewhere.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Dunno-Lars posted:

I was thinking job security, not forum rules.

Don't want to see anyone loosing their job because they entertain people.

Close the ticket with a number to some sort of psyc help...
What about everyone who quoted the link, are they also going to get fired

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

anthonypants posted:

What about everyone who quoted the link, are they also going to get fired

I might be tired and reading this wrong but I don't understand why what he said seems to have upset you so much. Yes, sometimes poo poo on the internet does leak into real life which is why most of the people who post in this thread leave out most of the actual information to anonymize their place of work.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

J posted:

My emails!!! :byodood:

Petition to change thread title.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Garrand posted:

I might be tired and reading this wrong but I don't understand why what he said seems to have upset you so much. Yes, sometimes poo poo on the internet does leak into real life which is why most of the people who post in this thread leave out most of the actual information to anonymize their place of work.
There's like a dozen people who quoted that link, and the only person who thinks there might be an issue with PPI is the person who isn't able to listen to it? Maybe they should give the thread the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming we're really that stupid.

And they didn't ask why, but it doesn't work on iOS because Tindeck still uses Flash Player.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

anthonypants posted:

There's like a dozen people who quoted that link, and the only person who thinks there might be an issue with PPI is the person who isn't able to listen to it? Maybe they should give the thread the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming we're really that stupid.

And they didn't ask why, but it doesn't work on iOS because Tindeck still uses Flash Player.

I assume the worry at hand is not “people listening to it and losing their jobs”, it’s “people from your job finding it and getting angry”. :shobon:

I had that happen awhile back, one of the CEO’s brown-nosers started sending me creepy “WHO ARE YOU” pms. Didn’t reply, of course, but I had to make a point of phoning my posts in for awhile, as it were, while they went on a witch hunt.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Ursine Asylum posted:

I assume the worry at hand is not “people listening to it and losing their jobs”, it’s “people from your job finding it and getting angry”. :shobon:

I had that happen awhile back, one of the CEO’s brown-nosers started sending me creepy “WHO ARE YOU” pms. Didn’t reply, of course, but I had to make a point of phoning my posts in for awhile, as it were, while they went on a witch hunt.
I have no doubt that forums user kensei, who works at the same company that I do, will see the post. He'll send me creepy PMs like "lol what ticket number was that". He may also tell me to pack up my things at 8am on Monday, and not to come in the next day, but I'll deal with that when it happens.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

anthonypants posted:

holy poo poo

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Who the gently caress even cares about email enough to yell about it?!

I seriously will never understand people so fixated on having their email operating on every device 24/7.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

anthonypants posted:

So despite being a "cloud services" company, one of our older lines of business is third-party DSL. This customer had this service with us, until CenturyLink gave him an offer he couldn't refuse (probably faster speeds), at which point he's no longer our ISP customer. However, CenturyLink never tells us when this happens, and they never tell the customer that they'd need to tell us to cancel services, so when his internet service died waiting for CenturyLink to hook him up, he gave us a call. We explained to him what happened, and he told us that he wanted to cancel our service. We did so. Then, he found out that he still wanted to use the email service he had with us, so we reactivated it for him.

At the moment, his email account is active, and we can see that it's definitely receiving emails, but since he is completely unwilling to work with us we're not able to determine what technical problem he's having. There could absolutely be concomitant mental health problems, but those will need to be diagnosed and treated elsewhere.

So I was actually right on all cases.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Laserface posted:

I seriously will never understand people so fixated on having their email operating on every device 24/7.

I rather like it when my email fails for a little while. Its a break, after all.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

anthonypants posted:

That really brightened up my morning, thanks!

So he's not even a customer of yours anymore and he's still calling up to bitch at you? Does he run his business empire from this email account? Is it costing him $10,000 every hour it's down.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
My only regret is that when I publish my collection of stories from this thread, I won't be able to include that voicemail in all its glory

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.

Laserface posted:

Email is actually classified as Mission Essential for the USAF, and all Exchange admins are considered Base Essential personnel (so even if the base closes due to inclement weather we still have to come in). There's nothing quite like the aide of a 2-, 3- or 4-star general screaming at you at 3am in the morning because the general's email is unavailable to wake you up and get your heart rate going.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Daylen Drazzi posted:

Email is actually classified as Mission Essential for the USAF, and all Exchange admins are considered Base Essential personnel (so even if the base closes due to inclement weather we still have to come in). There's nothing quite like the aide of a 2-, 3- or 4-star general screaming at you at 3am in the morning because the general's email is unavailable to wake you up and get your heart rate going.

We had a good laugh during all the snow storms we had over the Winter. Turns out everyone in my stupid NOC are legally considered first responders, so we're legally allowed to drive on the roads to get to work even though roads are closed and everyone's supposed to stay home.

I understand why in theory. We technically support e911 services, and losing 911 is A Big Deal with the FCC.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Renegret posted:

We had a good laugh during all the snow storms we had over the Winter. Turns out everyone in my stupid NOC are legally considered first responders, so we're legally allowed to drive on the roads to get to work even though roads are closed and everyone's supposed to stay home.

I understand why in theory. We technically support e911 services, and losing 911 is A Big Deal with the FCC.

911 EMEGENPHY REBPHONSE

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

spankmeister posted:

911 EMEGENPHY REBPHONSE

I love this AV, people quoting it in response to my posts will never get old :allears:

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

This needs a dubstep version pronto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008