Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Internet Kraken posted:

So does staring at the corner of the screen. I'd be more tolerant towards them if they ever said anything interesting but it seems like they have one line of dialogue for each map so its just an annoyance.

Which is a pretty fair assessment IMO. Reminds me of TF2 at launch, which only had 3 maps. Was fun but the lack of variety starts to get to you. On the other hand, we know for sure that Nintendo is gonna being adding more content for free so its just a matter of time.

TF2 had Granary, 2fort, Well, Dustbowl, Gravel Pit, and Hydro at launch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
lol Hydro

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I forgot it was a map too lol. Like I was sitting there for a good minute thinking "i KNOW there's a sixth one" before looking it up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I guess that's just a testament to how long its been since TF2s launch that I don't even remember all the original maps. Thought it was just 2fort, Dustbowl, and Hydro. I remembered Hydro because people were hating on it from day 1.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 1, 2015

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Internet Kraken posted:

I guess that's just a testament to how long its been since TF2s launch that I don't even remember all the original maps.

It's also been 8 years since HL2:EP2's cliffhanger :mad:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What unlocks the E-Liter 3k?

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Mill Village posted:

I was checking his page to see what else he had but I found this instead.

I saw Fury Road and bought Splatoon on the same day so I was a bit overstimulated when I drew that.

EDIT: I'm also flattered that someone pulled it off miiverse and deemed it blogworthy!

Hardcordion fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jun 1, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Christo posted:

I saw Fury Road and bought Splatoon on the same day so I was a bit overstimulated when I drew that.

:golfclap: that's fantastic

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

pichupal posted:

That just means they got disconnected part way through the map. As an example...

Yeah I've had this happen a few times, I just randomly dc. I blame others with bad connections.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i blame no one i get a free 700p while looking like a one man badass

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I had the weirdest match when each team had 3 people disconnect. It was the loneliest war.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The miiverse functionality for this game is incredible

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Man I can count the art I've seen with the boy inkling on one tentacle, he looks so cool with his headband too step it up artists

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
So it turns out you don't actually *have* to do any of the limited ink runs to get the sound test/rhythm game. Though they're an interesting enough challenge I guess, they're just not as fun as running through things as a kraken.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Countblanc posted:

TF2 had Granary, 2fort, Well, Dustbowl, Gravel Pit, and Hydro at launch

so TF2 had three maps

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Keiya posted:

So it turns out you don't actually *have* to do any of the limited ink runs to get the sound test/rhythm game. Though they're an interesting enough challenge I guess, they're just not as fun as running through things as a kraken.

how do you get it to begin with? amiibo-only content?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Countblanc posted:

Man I can count the art I've seen with the boy inkling on one tentacle, he looks so cool with his headband too step it up artists

Twitter says his canonical Japanese name is "Sonic cosplay boy"

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Splatoon is the first game that has me really interested in the Miiverse. I posted this 2 hours ago and already have 98 "yeahs" and it is good. I love that everyone chose the sad face.

I'm 31 and overly delighted by all of this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Countblanc posted:

Sorry but squidgirl inkling is just inherently cooler looking than boy inkling.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

ireladd posted:

I love that everyone chose the sad face.

All miiverse responses have the same face as yours.

:(

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Oh. :(

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's an "empathy button" rather than a like button, so depending on the context it changes from "Yeah!" to "Yeah?!" to "Yeah..." because Nintendo.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's an "empathy button" rather than a like button, so depending on the context it changes from "Yeah!" to "Yeah?!" to "Yeah..." because Nintendo.
Oh wow i never noticed that, amazing.

also,

Countblanc posted:

TF2 had 2fort, sniper only 2fort, modded 2fort, and 24/7 2fort server with unreal tournament soundpack.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

JawnV6 posted:

I'm stuck on the roller. Tried out other weapons, but I just can't seem to get a 700+ game. I've seen it done, just can't get it with something like the .96 gal despite the much better grenade.

Didn't get to play much over the weekend, only up to 16. But wow I want to walk this back. I remember one 900+ game with the Roller. With the Aerospray I had 2 in the first 5 and eventually had a 1400. I've triggered the inkstrike for 100p and hit 400 in the first 30 seconds. Then another inkstrike in the last few seconds, which counts for the final % but doesn't give people a chance to cover it up. Ridiculous.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Uh, I've gotten to 700+ fairly easily with the level 1 weapon...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What unlocks the E-Liter 3k?

Level 18, I like it a lot but I've only done really well with it a few times. Echolocator on a charger is great.

I still like the kelp charger and kelp scope the most. Sprinkler is so good at helping you snipe, and killer wail stops you from being overrun.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 1, 2015

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Did anyone else run into someone with 3 star gear and just order it all over the weekend? I should be able to get the shirt tomorrow, drat thing is 30k though. I think Urchin overcharges but so far I haven't seen 3 star stuff in the stores, gotten some good 2 star things though.

Also that tip about being able to super jump to your teammates at any time is super helpful, you can also go back to the spawn point that way.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Inkoming Merch

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Level 18, I like it a lot but I've only done really well with it a few times. Echolocator on a charger is great.

Nice. Though I'm still partial to Bombs Away. It's a great charge breaker, decoy, and pathmaker. It flushes out inklings taking cover from chargers, and it gives cover while you try to squid away.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I tried switching to the charger weapons lately. Snipers can easily be one of those players who can decide the outcome: Depending how my gyro aim is at some rounds, I can control the enemy movements easily by sniping away all those unexpecting squids. Hanging around the platform in the center area of Overpass gives me a clear view of both entrypoints. Although - if you tend to miss shots, you're next to useless if you haven't mastered inking areas with the charger. Combining those two you can easily cop +700 points per round.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
My Miiverse tale: I post this,

I check back on the people who Yeah'd it, and in what may be sheer coincidence, in around an hour someone else has referenced the exact same Homestar Runner cartoon as me.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Combining those two you can easily cop +700 points per round.

Is that with or without win bonus?

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
I can't help but feel like my Miiverse post isn't getting the recognition it deserves.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Alabaster White posted:

Is that with or without win bonus?

Can't remember, but given enough time, I could probably get there even without it.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Can't remember, but given enough time, I could probably get there even without it.

I routinely score 1000s with the Roller and Jr/Aero without even getting kills :kiddo:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Inkoming Merch

If they warble when pressed then I wanted this yesterday.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Christo posted:

EDIT: I'm also flattered that someone pulled it off miiverse and deemed it blogworthy!

Nice. Would also have accepted "I'm Squid, I'm Kid." "I'M SQUID AGAIN!"

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Inkoming Merch

i need this but i don't need your puns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
After getting the scrolls in single player I at first wanted to be sad for Judd, what with him being the last cat alive, but then I realized that he was depicted in the 2000 year old scroll. So he is basically an immortal cat living in a world of fish, and is a massively important part of their society. He is living the dream.

• Locked thread