Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
For those of you using Hola

http://www.dailydot.com/technology/hola-vpn-security/?tw=dd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Zombeavers did not fail to deliver. Pretty much Return of the Living Dead meets 80's slasher meets wacky monster movie. The hand puppet beavers work with the outrageous concept and save it from being half-rear end. The shots with beaver eyes are pretty good but were a bit overplayed. I kept expecting some twists on the personalities but they played it fairly straight.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

wormil posted:

Zombeavers did not fail to deliver. Pretty much Return of the Living Dead meets 80's slasher meets wacky monster movie. The hand puppet beavers work with the outrageous concept and save it from being half-rear end. The shots with beaver eyes are pretty good but were a bit overplayed. I kept expecting some twists on the personalities but they played it fairly straight.

Thanks for posting this. I was on the fence, but I'll give it a watch now.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Thanks for the heads-up.

As for suggestions: Amadeus is great. Greatly embellished life and times of Mozart told from the perspective of his contemporary composer rival, Antonio Salieri. He was actually a fantastic composer himself, but its tough to get noticed or remembered when you live in the same time as Mozart. Funny and dark.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

RCarr posted:

Trailer Park Boys is available on Netflix.

...welcome to a couple years ago? Its been up forever.

I can't stand the show but I'm in the minority. Its just too dumb for me. I guess I got tired of trailer trash joke shows with Joe Dirt or something.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coyo7e posted:

...welcome to a couple years ago? Its been up forever.

It hadn't been mentioned in the thread once. I wasn't aware the thread was for new content only. I'm sorry to have offended you.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Watrick posted:

Thanks for posting this. I was on the fence, but I'll give it a watch now.

I also came to give it a thumb up. The credits ruled too.

Also: ZOMBEES?!

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

coyo7e posted:

I can't stand the show but I'm in the minority. Its just too dumb for me.
It has its moments, but god drat if they have both let it drag on waaaaay too long and totally suck balls in everything else they've done.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

John Big Booty posted:

It has its moments, but god drat if they have both let it drag on waaaaay too long and totally suck balls in everything else they've done.

Yeah it starts bad, gets funny, then just overstays it's welcome in a serious, serious way. And the Live in Dublin thing was actively painful to watch.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Ryoshi posted:

Yeah it starts bad, gets funny, then just overstays it's welcome in a serious, serious way. And the Live in Dublin thing was actively painful to watch.
Never bothered with it, but I can't imagine it's even 1/10th as ball-shrivelingly embarrassing and sad as this.

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
I love Trailer Park Boys and thought the new seasons were good. The Swearnet movie was pretty bad but had a couple good jokes. I'd only recommend it if you're a huge TPB fan and really hurting for new material.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
I dunno. Retarded people committing minor crimes and being stupid is like, this american life.. Not something hilarious and edgy. I can literally walk to a bus stop and meet with pretty much those same guys so I have no need to have a vicarious entertainment experience from their squalor.

It just hits too close too home for someone who grew up giving rides too the autistic kids from the nearby trailer park for me. None of those people deserve too be mocked because their life is so !much harder than mine, even at my worst.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

RCarr posted:

It hadn't been mentioned in the thread once. I wasn't aware the thread was for new content only. I'm sorry to have offended you.
If it has been up for five years and nobody mentioned, perhaps there is a reason. Such as it was in the last thread. Or that its utter poo poo.

Glad you apologized though. Shows that you are growing up.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

I think what RCarr meant to say was that Netflix just put up the series finale of Trailer Park Boys, Would You Rather.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

The Colombian version of Breaking Bad, Metastasis, is up on Netflix. It's pretty okay, though I don't think anyone would have a real shot at standing up to Cranston, and it's interesting to see the things the change and tweak for cultural relativity.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

13Pandora13 posted:

The Colombian version of Breaking Bad, Metastasis, is up on Netflix. It's pretty okay, though I don't think anyone would have a real shot at standing up to Cranston, and it's interesting to see the things the change and tweak for cultural relativity.

So, like, is the culture adjustment for Colombian culture that he doesn't make drugs?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

coyo7e posted:

I dunno. Retarded people committing minor crimes and being stupid is like, this american life.. Not something hilarious and edgy. I can literally walk to a bus stop and meet with pretty much those same guys so I have no need to have a vicarious entertainment experience from their squalor.

It just hits too close too home for someone who grew up giving rides too the autistic kids from the nearby trailer park for me. None of those people deserve too be mocked because their life is so !much harder than mine, even at my worst.

Are you loving serious? :suicide:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Reign Of Pain posted:

Are you loving serious? :suicide:

Right?

People are real fucky itt

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!
I don't know if this counts, but Other Space is a Yahoo produced Star Trek parody series ala Parks and Rec/Office/30 Rock humor. The cast isn't anyone major (the most recognizable actor is the AT&T girl), and it isn't super incredible writing, but it's a good way to kill an afternoon. The set and effects were surprisingly good. Are we supposed to review this poo poo or just tell people to watch it? v :( v

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Vaginaface posted:

I don't know if this counts, but Other Space is a Yahoo produced Star Trek parody series ala Parks and Rec/Office/30 Rock humor. The cast isn't anyone major (the most recognizable actor is the AT&T girl), and it isn't super incredible writing, but it's a good way to kill an afternoon. The set and effects were surprisingly good. Are we supposed to review this poo poo or just tell people to watch it? v :( v

What is a Yahoo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Reign Of Pain posted:

What is a Yahoo

A Yahoo is a fictional race in Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels.

Other Space is hilarious tho

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Vaginaface posted:

I couldn't find this on Netflix or Prime, mind pointing me in the right direction?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

titties posted:

I couldn't find this on Netflix or Prime, mind pointing me in the right direction?

Maybe Yahoo. Like they said.
You idiot.

Watched Zombeavers tonight. It was fine, I guess. Not all the interesting except for the last 10 minutes. Two of the girls somehow had southern accents only half the time and it hurt my brain.

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~
Would You Rather was pretty decent if you like Saw style a-group-of-people-getting-trolled horror movies. It has a good cast including one of the few non-Trailer Park Boys appearances of Robb Wells, plus some other people you'll recognize from things.

It was decent but I'd recommend 13 Sins over it if that's still up.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
;efb

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Inzombiac posted:

Maybe Yahoo. Like they said.
You idiot.

"Yahoo produced" is not the same as "yahoo exclusive".

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Sorry to lower the tone from Zombeavers but Departures is a strange and touching Japanese film about a cellist who takes a job preparing the dead for burial, dressing them and doing their makeup in front of their families. It's on UK netflix, not sure about US. Also highly highly recommend Frank which is on UK and US, especially if you have any interest in Captain Beefheart which its pretty clearly inspired by despite the Frank Sidebottom aesthetic. Mark Kermode said it was one of his favourite films of 2014.

I think eXistenZ is still on US netflix too, one of my favourite movies since I was a kid and it still owns, just watch it

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

titties posted:

lol

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

titties posted:

Sorry, you're right. It's on Yahoo Screen or something, just Google the title and it should be the first result

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I just looked up this Other Space and both Joel Hodgson and Trace Beaulieu are in the cast list, so I will give it a watch tonight

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Lost Boys, along with its awesome soundtrack, is up.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Does anyone know why just about every Comedy Central show is no longer free on Prime? Is this a thing that happens regularly, or are they gone for good? I think I was falling in love with Amy Schumer , but I'm cheap and don't know if I want to pay per episode :smith:

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Crow Jane posted:

Does anyone know why just about every Comedy Central show is no longer free on Prime? Is this a thing that happens regularly, or are they gone for good? I think I was falling in love with Amy Schumer , but I'm cheap and don't know if I want to pay per episode :smith:

It could have to do with Comedy Central having it's own app. I tried to use it before and I seem to remember it sucking but it might be better now.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Crow Jane posted:

I thought they put a bunch of stuff up on Hulu, so that may be why it's no longer part of prime. I haven't been on there in a little while though, so I'm not sure how much of each show is there.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Netflix's new Grace & Frankie has been fairly entertaining. Very much a mom show though

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Sorry to lower the tone from Zombeavers but Departures is a strange and touching Japanese film about a cellist who takes a job preparing the dead for burial, dressing them and doing their makeup in front of their families. It's on UK netflix, not sure about US. Also highly highly recommend Frank which is on UK and US, especially if you have any interest in Captain Beefheart which its pretty clearly inspired by despite the Frank Sidebottom aesthetic. Mark Kermode said it was one of his favourite films of 2014.

I think eXistenZ is still on US netflix too, one of my favourite movies since I was a kid and it still owns, just watch it

I just watched eXistenZ and it was a very weird and uncomfortable experience but I dug it

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I've been watching Between on Netflix, and it's not very good. It sounded like it was going to be a mystery, but there isn't really any mystery. There isn't much drama either. The characters are hardly characters, they lack personality and I don't give a poo poo about any of them. I'm going to finish it, but I'm not expecting much.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Nightcrawler just got put up on Netflix. Highly recommended. Jake Gyllenhaal puts on the performance of his career.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Accidentally posted this in CD:

The Almighty Johnsons is on Netflix. It's a New Zealand show about a group of brothers that are also Norse gods.
Three seasons, no dumb cliffhanger. It's pretty funny and the show is completely aware of how silly the premise is. I liked it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
Tim and erics awesome show on hulu. Id never seen it before that was a fun few hours

I tried to watch Cobbler the adam sandler movie until he started wearing shoes that turned him into other people then i turned it off. I think the movie would have been better if it was just the day to day regular activities of a cobbler with steve buschemi next door making a few jokes.