Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The YGO voice actor duels rule, and are the best, especially when the Pharaoh cheats like a bastard using anime effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
New Toon vs RA! :cocaine:

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

paradoxGentleman posted:

Wait, why would his grandma care about what cards does her grandson trade? Does she know the approsimative value of the cards?

...does she play? Is she good?

yes she does play and she seems a lot more well adjusted than her grandson. she knows all the values pretty well and does a lot of vending stuff/ She plays qliphorts. I'm gonna show grandma this screencap.

Her decks are always better than whatever I have going and she normally takes 1st or 2nd place at our tournaments.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish my locals had a grandma

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I hope everyone in this thread grows up to be an anime grandma or grandpa punkin' brats at locals.

I know I will.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
In my day, we only had four different kinds of Extra Deck summon and WE LIKED IT. :bahgawd:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hjalmar posted:

I hope everyone in this thread grows up to be an anime grandma or grandpa punkin' brats at locals.

I know I will.

With my luck ill get kidnapped by some random rich teenager.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Lavalval Chain speeds up Gem-Knights to such a nuts degree it's unbelievable.

1st Test duel without Chain: Deck can't get off at all, scoop
2nd Test duel with Chain: "And that's game" "It's your first turn!"

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

What are you dumping with Chain?

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
He dumps Gem-Knight Fusion. Since his XYZ material is also all Gem-Knights, he can readily get it back into his hand with no issues. Combined with things like Volcanic Shell and he can get three Citrines out no problem. It's sickening.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Twib posted:

It's fantastic.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Omni, are you running Absorb Fusion?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Dexie posted:

Omni, are you running Absorb Fusion?

This was just a test deck so the extra isn't how I would run it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

How is this deck? Is there anything obvious that I'm missing, any potential extra deck cards that might be useful? None of the cards in my main deck actually forbid extra deck cards, so if there's anything useful I don't need to summon that would be ideal.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Guys.

Mecha Phantom Beasts are really fun.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I really love that there are archetypes that are just "Airplanes" and "Trains". Shame there are no synchro trains, though. Would've been thematically perfect.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

The only thing wrong with Mecha Phantom Beasts is their name.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It conveys what they do in a general sense but I agree it's far from stellar. What would you call them?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dabir posted:

It conveys what they do in a general sense but I agree it's far from stellar. What would you call them?

Dragonplanes

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Problem is, they apparently have some Japanese characters in common with the semi-unknown archetype of Phantom Beasts, meaning that cards that effect them are supposed to work on their Mecha counterparts as well.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Phantom_Beast

I would probably go with Phantom Planes, or maybe Quantum Planes if we go with the narratives that the tokens represent where the plane could be.

e: upon further inspection of the cards, it appears that it's not nearly so clever and that the planes really do summon ghost version of themselves for some reason. I mantanin that Quantum Plane is still better than Mecha Phantom Beast.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 31, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

e: upon further inspection of the cards, it appears that it's not nearly so clever and that the planes really do summon ghost version of themselves for some reason. I maintain that Quantum Plane is still better than Mecha Phantom Beast.

Aren't they supposed to be holograms, not 'ghosts'?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

They're holographic decoys, yeah.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Mecha Phantom Beasts really kind of make me sad. Konami seriously dropped the ball on them.

The other big archetypes from the first three series 8 boosters (Madolche, Fire Fists, and Mermail) were all strong, powerful decks that each made a decent impact on the meta. MPB...didn't. They've never really done anything. It didn't help that Konami didn't really give them the same support as the other three, and it really didn't help that they debuted in the same booster as Dragon Rulers and Spellbook of Judgement.

They really didn't get the fair chance that most other big archetypes get. It's a shame. I like them from a design point. I just wish they were better then they are.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dragosac made an impact on the meta at least :ghost:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have made three Nekroz decks ragequit with my Superheavy Samurai deck, this is amazing.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Dexie posted:

Aren't they supposed to be holograms, not 'ghosts'?

Dabir posted:

They're holographic decoys, yeah.

...yes, that is probably what makes the most sense, isn't it :eng99:

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 16:07 on May 31, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's my build btw

I should probably have more than 1 gigagloves because that card is loving ridiculous

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Beef Waifu posted:

Here's my build btw

I should probably have more than 1 gigagloves because that card is loving ridiculous

What's your first card? I can recognise everything except that one.

Also I accidentally deleted my Superheavy Samurai deck yesterday (tried to make a new deck, accidentally hit Save instead of Save As), so that was pretty unmanly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Superheavy Samurai Nusu 10. You special summon him and tribute him to steal one of your opponent's spell/traps or steal their pendulum scale. The only cost is you can only special summon superheavy samurai cards for the rest of the turn.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm trying to turn a couple of replays into videos. How do I make the result on youtube have higher res options than 360p? And how do I make it not sound like Donkey Kong is hammering away to the beat of the music?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Depends on your recording method.
OBS is a good, but setup-intensive, way.

Actually:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3590713
The LP tech support thread has everything you need.

As for youtube make sure your video is at a resolution higher than 720p, if you come a bit short do a nearest neighbour resize on the entire thing (whole numbers only) to push it up and beyond.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I feel I have to ask, why Big Waraji? Seems like he has very little utility besides popping out Big Benkei and there are easier ways to do that. He doesn't easily turn into Susanowo or Shutendoji, at least until that level 1 tuner comes out.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

VJeff posted:

I feel I have to ask, why Big Waraji? Seems like he has very little utility besides popping out Big Benkei and there are easier ways to do that. He doesn't easily turn into Susanowo or Shutendoji, at least until that level 1 tuner comes out.

Because he's essentially 'Have in hand put on field.' There is no point where you can't play him and his summoning is essentially free.
And he can turn into Susanowo with another L3 superheavy, of which there are quite a few.

Though how is Nusu-10 working for you Beef? he seems a bit situational.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Lose 1 Turn is my new favorite card. One of the only things that can keep Nekroz from wiping the floor with my Monarchs.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I love how Gem-Knights let you go from a totally open field to this with only Gem-Knight Fusion.

And this is after I had Fusion Summoned once to force Pleiades' effect, too!

(I then lost because the AI had Honest in its hand)

EDIT: For some reason, YGOPro gives Nekroz of Clausolas "Opponent cannot Special Summon" as an effect despite not having that effect at all. Great programming there.
And...Trishula also gets it?! I think it might actually be a Ritual Spell Card that blocks Special Summoning for some unexplained reason. Because what the Nekroz needed was even more power, clearly.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 31, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

The likely thing is that your opponent used this piece of poo poo right here:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Djinn_Releaser_of_Rituals

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Because he's essentially 'Have in hand put on field.' There is no point where you can't play him and his summoning is essentially free.
And he can turn into Susanowo with another L3 superheavy, of which there are quite a few.

Though how is Nusu-10 working for you Beef? he seems a bit situational.

It's the deck's MST. If you want to pop cards on the field, you should probably be using it. The pendulum effect is situational, but you're playing it to poo poo on the opponent's back row more than pendulum disruption.

VJeff posted:

He's a free summon that gives you material for tributes, Big Benkei, and let's you normal summon BB more easily so you can deal with Shaddoll more easily.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Anyone have a suggested build/some tips on Gem-Knight decks? I kind of like their play but I can't seem to get a good deck to come together.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Jun 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

This is one of those episodes that deserve a wait for the subs, I'd wager.