Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

BirdieBedtime posted:

Oath Complete!

Alpha Legionnaires! I doubt their eyes are enough to count for Jurnal, but if y'all feel generous I'll take it.

You did not post all of what you originally oathed. Please include the remainder of the boltguns.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Oath Complete!

Those are my yellow gundrones. Kinda a crappy oath but that's the beauty of this thread, it keeps me painting even if it's just something pathetic.

You are missing the Chaos Lord on Juggernaut that you oathed!

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Well I actually goddamn did it.

Oath completed consisting of:

5 Skitarii Ruststalkers and 1 test Skitarii.
3 Chaos Space Marines.
1 Eversor Assassin.
1 Vindicare Assassin.
1 Culexus Assassin.
4 Star Wars Imperial Guards.
1 Star Wars Tradoshan Bounty Hunter.

17 models completed in May.

I'll paint fewer but larger models next month.

But I finished my Oath and didn't gently caress it up like I normally do.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

lovestick posted:

You did not post all of what you originally oathed. Please include the remainder of the boltguns.

Oh poo poo, you're right, thanks for catching that man. That's what I get for shoving them in a case after finishing 'em. I always forget, are we cool with editing the original Oath Complete post before the finish date? Here's the shot anyway.

Also Oath Complete, Four lovely Ownerless Bolters

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

BirdieBedtime posted:

Oh poo poo, you're right, thanks for catching that man. That's what I get for shoving them in a case after finishing 'em. I always forget, are we cool with editing the original Oath Complete post before the finish date? Here's the shot anyway.

Also Oath Complete, Four lovely Ownerless Bolters

You're all set!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Claiming the Journal for the Orc Blitzer's uniform, Themed Group for the 'ard Boyz if that's a thing this year, and 6-pack of course.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I haven't painted anything all month so why not start now!

I, lovestick, do oath 1 Ork Nob for the month of May

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Oath Complete!

One Rhupert Carvolo, Pied Piper of Ord, one Feora, Protector of the Flame, and one Nicia, Tear of Vengeance. I really need a better set up for pictures. this might actually be a good way to work on that 'clean up your hobby area' challenge...

Zodiac5000 fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 1, 2015

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Oath Complete!

The guy on the left should count for this one.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
OATH COMPLETE!

JURNAL
The dwarf! His (or her, one can never tell) hair is a magnificent Yellow! And their horns, boots, and gloves to match!

Fwew, not my best work. Somehow the months you think you'd think would be a breeze become tighter than expected...

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming 6-pack and May Challenge as the spawn is an octopussy yellow.
First Oath Ever!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Triple Oath Complete!

My Necrons for the month:

And for my Journal, the School Bus inspired building:

I figured a Skull is the obvious stop sign in the 41st Willenium, and 380 centuries of erosion means that octagons turned into hexagons.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

lovestick posted:

You are missing the Chaos Lord on Juggernaut that you oathed!
Oh, I forgot I oathed a lord. Whoopse!

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Oath Complete!

Monthly bonus/journal/theme/challenge: Yellow!

Those are my yellow gundrones. Kinda a crappy oath but that's the beauty of this thread, it keeps me painting even if it's just something pathetic.

This guy was fun to paint, and I think I did a better job than my last lord I did last year.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

For the Challenge, I decided to go with the school bus version of the theme:

The yellow was done using zenithal priming, hand-brushed with Badger Minitaire Ghost Tint Yellow and Golden Yellow, then liberally blasted with matte varnish to kill the abundant shine. The result was very custard-like in appearance. Caution stripes and OSL on the gun were meant to suggest the "traffic-stop" arm on American school buses.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath Complete!

For my oath, I chose the technical jurnal. The Hammerfall armor does not stay bright and fresh for long on the battlefield, and their yellows are swiftly coated with smoke residue and grime. However, it remains bright enough that as they slog through the mud towards their adversaries, their adversaries know that the Hammerfall are here, and are coming for them.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Orks orks orks orks orks

Oath Complete!

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Oh, I nearly forgot! There's the new Achievement this year for Spring Cleaning so you can earn an easy point and get out of your goon squalor by participating!

You can turn your wack rear end hobby area.

Spraybooth reclaimed!

Painting desk no longer disgusting!

Closet organized and sprues in little bins. Suck it!

Now I just need some artwork for the walls....

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
So much yellow! Let's keep it going guys and gals!

We'll keep it rolling right into June!

Once I collect the finished Oaths into the photo albums I'll introduce the NEW JUDGES for Season 6!

SkaAndScreenplays posted:

That sucks considering all I have for camera/Web browser is my phone.

Guess I'm screwed til I can buy/borrow a camera. I get why it's that way but man that's going to be tricky for me to do when my only camera/Web Access device are the same thing.

This sucks! I'm sure this was never considered when the rules were first made, and you're the first to come a-cropper on this particular point.However, is there a way you can borrow someone's phone to take the picture? They would just have to go to the worldtimeserver.com page to show the time. You can then use the Imgur app to upload the photo and get the URL to put into your Oath post. I can't think of any other way off the top of my head. What about also going to a library or maybe your local game store with just your miniature to take a picture against their screen?

SkaAndScreenplays
Dec 11, 2013

by Pragmatica

krushgroove posted:

So much yellow! Let's keep it going guys and gals!

We'll keep it rolling right into June!

Once I collect the finished Oaths into the photo albums I'll introduce the NEW JUDGES for Season 6!

This sucks! I'm sure this was never considered when the rules were first made, and you're the first to come a-cropper on this particular point.However, is there a way you can borrow someone's phone to take the picture? They would just have to go to the worldtimeserver.com page to show the time. You can then use the Imgur app to upload the photo and get the URL to put into your Oath post. I can't think of any other way off the top of my head. What about also going to a library or maybe your local game store with just your miniature to take a picture against their screen?

I'll harass the girlfriend.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Oath complete in the nick of time (or my watch is wrong)

I went with the schoolbus theme

Backstory
Oi! You lot! I've gots me a kunning plan! Dem stinky 'umies, dem's got school buses, wot take lil' 'umies to school and keeps 'em safe. Big n' yellow, wiv a red sign. I've got me own school buz right 'ere! Da 'umie red sign tells 'em to be careful, buncha wussies. My sign sayz WAAAAAAAGH! Now, you lot, get in! Boyz only, no grots allowed! Time to teach dem 'umies a lesson!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Oath complete in the nick of time (or my watch is wrong)

I went with the schoolbus theme

Backstory
Oi! You lot! I've gots me a kunning plan! Dem stinky 'umies, dem's got school buses, wot take lil' 'umies to school and keeps 'em safe. Big n' yellow, wiv a red sign. I've got me own school buz right 'ere! Da 'umie red sign tells 'em to be careful, buncha wussies. My sign sayz WAAAAAAAGH! Now, you lot, get in! Boyz only, no grots allowed! Time to teach dem 'umies a lesson!

Just a reminder on your names being in your Oath Complete pictures!
If you DON'T put your name in, YOU WILL NOT EARN POINTS TOWARDS YOUR FINAL POINTS TOTAL. You are still eligible for prize draws and Judgements, though!
If you DO put your name in, you WILL earn points, as well as be eligible for prize draws and Judgements.

The idea is that if you just want to get things painted, dip in and out, etc., don't worry about your name. But those of you shooting for the top 10, add in your name for sure!

Hopefully this doesn't make things too difficult for the judges (it all depends how they look at the finished models, whether it's post-by-post from the spreadsheet links or only by the photo album pictures)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

OATH COMPLETE according to the countdown clock i still have 3 minutes

The weather is so cold the dirt paste on my bases refuses to dry, so here they are unbased

I am incredibly pissed off with my brother right now, because his insatiable need to bullshit about his piss ant football team at me cost me time, damage and missing parts with just 2 hours until deadline

I'll post redone photos on their bases later if I'm allowed

Claiming my :australia: right to swap seasonal challenges, so May <-> November means I've painted skulls on the shields of my Ogre Warriors, you can see one and part of others in the photo above

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

krushgroove posted:

Just a reminder on your names being in your Oath Complete pictures!
If you DON'T put your name in, YOU WILL NOT EARN POINTS TOWARDS YOUR FINAL POINTS TOTAL. You are still eligible for prize draws and Judgements, though!
If you DO put your name in, you WILL earn points, as well as be eligible for prize draws and Judgements.

The idea is that if you just want to get things painted, dip in and out, etc., don't worry about your name. But those of you shooting for the top 10, add in your name for sure!

Hopefully this doesn't make things too difficult for the judges (it all depends how they look at the finished models, whether it's post-by-post from the spreadsheet links or only by the photo album pictures)

Oops, completely forgot about that. Edited the names into the pictures (I'm so glad imgur supports editing)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

OATH COMPLETE according to the countdown clock i still have 3 minutes

The weather is so cold the dirt paste on my bases refuses to dry, so here they are unbased

I am incredibly pissed off with my brother right now, because his insatiable need to bullshit about his piss ant football team at me cost me time, damage and missing parts with just 2 hours until deadline

I'll post redone photos on their bases later if I'm allowed

Claiming my :australia: right to swap seasonal challenges, so May <-> November means I've painted skulls on the shields of my Ogre Warriors, you can see one and part of others in the photo above

Ok, now that the paste has finally goddamn dried, I've been able to superglue the already completed minis to their base. They still don't have any flock, but that's not as important as waiting for my bottle of Pledge Future Shine to arrive and seal them first - it's gonna be some tall flock, don't want varnish glooping it all together.

Why yes, that boomer is missing a head. Not pictued is me severing the head of my brother, for surprising me with yet another witticism about his undefeated, top of the table football team that he won't loving shut up about just as i was lifting my paint tray with one hand and trying not to spill a dicky bottle of citadel nuln oil with the other. The actual Ogre head has fallen into the vortex.

Back centre is a previously oathed mini, ie not part of this months oath or judging

Various skulls for my challenge claim - front: human, demon, goblin, back: ork, naiiad, dwarf

Do we still have the themed group thing?

With permission I'll edit these in, otherwise I'll just leave them here

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

Do we still have the themed group thing?

Nope! No themed group and we don't have a sponsor for the themed group for last season but if someone wants to step up and offer something (anything from Paypal monies to kits or whatever) feel free. I'd offer some myself but I'll be posting out heavy MDF and paint sets during the year (don't tell my fiancee'!) so my disposable income is going to be pretty wrecked for the foreseeable future.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

No worries, gonna keep posting whole group pics anyway because rule of cool :c00lbert:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

No worries, gonna keep posting whole group pics anyway because rule of cool :c00lbert:

Rule of Cool always wins :)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Has anyone used the new GW colored sprays? I picked up a can of the Macragge Blue the other day (got it for a few bucks cheaper, making it comparable to Army Painter) and I'm curious if anyone else has any experience with them, good or bad.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

SRM posted:

Has anyone used the new GW colored sprays? I picked up a can of the Macragge Blue the other day (got it for a few bucks cheaper, making it comparable to Army Painter) and I'm curious if anyone else has any experience with them, good or bad.

I'm not up to snuff on paints and poo poo but a friend and I used the Rhinox Hide stuff the other day, and it went on amazingly well and was dry enough to paint on almost instantly, so assuming the Macragge Blue is the same stuff except blue, it should be pretty great.

And this is coming from someone (ie, me) who thinks GW is a bad dumb company, too.

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 1, 2015

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
I thought I hit post last night but it seems it must have only been preview :livintrope:

Well at least this way I have time to add some snow to the bases. Does anyone have the old snow article by GW? They removed it from the site and I don't have a good example of wind blown snow anymore.

So yeah, "Saving the Whales" for May.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ahahah oh my god, I forgot to put my name in my oath complete photo, and it was days ago. :negative:

Welp. Too late now?

I assume so, but this should make it more convenient for the slideshow, anyway:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
The Tyranid paint bundle on the GW site is priced pretty low right now http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Tyranids-Paint-Bundle-Leviathan

Seems to be the same in the US too.

E: Nevermind, they already caught it

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 1, 2015

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
gently caress you all. I am going to try and do it this month. I Raphus C oath one Mega-Dredd (28mm GW):

I have exams to revise for and instead I shall use the time painting.

No idea how I am getting water onto this one. Going to try some poo poo with the base.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Santa Frog from Dark Sword miniatures, Tar-Baphon, The Whispering Tyrant from Reaper Bones, and Colossus from TSR all 28mm for the month of June

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Here's this month's theme, for anyone who forgot they're all in the OP now, like I did:

quote:

June: Summer’s here! Holiday theme time!
  • technical challenge: let’s go with the sun and beach for your holiday travels this year - paint water, mold water & paint it - just stick water on your model somewhere (bases included)
  • theme challenge: Travel-time! Anything involving travel to a holiday destination using a vehicle of some sort

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Point of order Mister Speaker; I know it's :airquote:summer:airquote:, but does ice count as water for this challenge, or does it need to be proper 'liquid' water?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Thanks Leperflesh! Yes, new theme for June!

NTRabbit posted:

Point of order Mister Speaker; I know it's :airquote:summer:airquote:, but does ice count as water for this challenge, or does it need to be proper 'liquid' water?

Eh...people do skiing holidays, so ice can count, yeah. But I thought you were going to do crazy upsidey-down Australian climate alternate themes?

Lord Thrust
Jan 18, 2013

If you build a man a fire he'll be warm for a night.
If you set a man on fire he'll be warm for the rest of his short, painful life.
Do bodily fluids count as water? They're mostly composed of water. Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to use my own bodily fluids, but perhaps represent some blood, phlegm, pus, or other various excretions on a mini or marker. Would that count for the June Challenge?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Lord Thrust posted:

Do bodily fluids count as water? They're mostly composed of water. Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to use my own bodily fluids, but perhaps represent some blood, phlegm, pus, or other various excretions on a mini or marker. Would that count for the June Challenge?

Do you vacation in pools of blood, phlegm, or pus? If so I'd say go for it. Otherwise I'd say no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Eh...people do skiing holidays, so ice can count, yeah. But I thought you were going to do crazy upsidey-down Australian climate alternate themes?

Oh right, I forgot I'm switching June with January :v:

Point withdrawn Mister Speaker!

• Locked thread