Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Wouldn't mind this at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Redczar posted:

Der Westen is saying Gündogan is likely to head to United.
He's been pretty underwhelming this season so lol if it happens and please overpay

Tbf, he was out injured for a year and then Dortmund spent most of this season being poo poo.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Who the heck is Jackson Martinez

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

blue footed boobie posted:

Is this ironic or not? I don't really know anything about Jackson Martinez other than that he's 29, has scored some goals in a Mickey Mouse league, and seems to have hung around that Mickey Mouse league a bit too long.

Such a Mickey Mouse league that nearly every single player that goes from it to another team after being successful there almost always does well. Such a Mickey Mouse League that it's Fifa coefficient is far past France's and creeping up on Italy's. Such a Mickey Mouse player that he's scored something like 15 goals in 22 matches in the Champions League against teams like Bayern Munich, PSG, and Atletico. Such a Mickey Mouse player that he's been top scorer in that league for three years running, surpassing every club and league record, ahead of some other "Mickey Mouse Players" like Falcao, James Rodriguez, and Di Maria.

I'm sorry if you spend your days with your nose so deep up Andy Townsend (or whoever passes for a "analyst" over there's) rear end to realize that "Da Pryde an' Jy of my chlestrol coated artyries Engurland" isn't actually "all that" and is full of team that in fact can't even get past a basic Champions League group stage. But see the rest of the world, they have teams that do. With football that is infinitely more entertaining, of better quality, and with just as relevant top players; of which Jackson Martinez is one. Who has broken forth and featured on every single stage he's faced, chewed up one dimensional defensive tactics like the ones you use over in England for breakfast, and scored with every single part of your body, unlike your average white blooded countryman who couldn't be bothered to try a bicycle kick, much less score from one.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

PerpetualSelf posted:

Such a Mickey Mouse league that nearly every single player that goes from it to another team after being successful there almost always does well. Such a Mickey Mouse League that it's Fifa coefficient is far past France's and creeping up on Italy's. Such a Mickey Mouse player that he's scored something like 15 goals in 22 matches in the Champions League against teams like Bayern Munich, PSG, and Atletico. Such a Mickey Mouse player that he's been top scorer in that league for three years running, surpassing every club and league record, ahead of some other "Mickey Mouse Players" like Falcao, James Rodriguez, and Di Maria.

I'm sorry if you spend your days with your nose so deep up Andy Townsend (or whoever passes for a "analyst" over there's) rear end to realize that "Da Pryde an' Jy of my chlestrol coated artyries Engurland" isn't actually "all that" and is full of team that in fact can't even get past a basic Champions League group stage. But see the rest of the world, they have teams that do. With football that is infinitely more entertaining, of better quality, and with just as relevant top players; of which Jackson Martinez is one. Who has broken forth and featured on every single stage he's faced, chewed up one dimensional defensive tactics like the ones you use over in England for breakfast, and scored with every single part of your body, unlike your average white blooded countryman who couldn't be bothered to try a bicycle kick, much less score from one.

nice meltdown

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Seriously though who's Jackson Martinez

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

PerpetualSelf posted:

agree with all of this

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I hope Liverpool buy Jackson Martinez because he knows how to score a goal unlike the pack of donkeys they have now.

Also, nice meltdown

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Alain Post posted:

Seriously though who's Jackson Martinez

The guy featured in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tfgbN62hcM

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

PerpetualSelf posted:

I was actually asking but lol nice meltdown.

TheDoublePivot
Feb 27, 2013

PerpetualSelf posted:

white blooded

Agreed, low white cell counts ftw

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

blue footed boobie posted:

I was actually asking but lol nice meltdown.

Well you're kind of a big idiot for how you phrased your question. Also while the guy had a meltdown what he said is true. I remember when Matic was going back to Chelsea this thread was saying stuff like "that castoff? lol what a joke" despite I and other people who watch Benfica telling them they had no clue how good he'd become.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jun 1, 2015

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

PerpetualSelf posted:

this is a tasty meltdown!

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

PerpetualSelf posted:

:agreed:

jackson martizen is thick, strong, athletic, although a total non-factor for the national team for some reason

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Seltzer posted:

Well you're kind of a big idiot for how you phrased your question. Also while the guy had a meltdown what he said is true. I remember when Matic was going back to Chelsea this thread was saying stuff like "that castoff? lol what a joke" despite I and other people who watch Benfica telling them they had no clue how good he'd become.

Really good job remembering things.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Seltzer posted:

He was so enthusiastic about it that I couldn't tell whether he was joking because no one's ever serious on TRP but now I see that he was more serious than anyone has ever been on this subforum.

E: this is why the transfer thread rules btw.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 1, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Seltzer posted:

people were actually laughing at chelsea spending so much money on a player they'd let go for gently caress all a couple of seasons earlier instead of just playing him then

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The metro is trolling me saying a £15m deal for Ki Sung Yeung is all sorted and ready to go.

Celtic apparently have a big sell-on clause. We wouldn't be able to replace him for the money, but it worries me that Swansea actually have depth in central midfield, with Britton getting annoyed at lack of game time and Josh Sheehan and Matty Grimes waiting in the reserves. We don't technically need to replace him, unless Monk commits to the diamond.

None are anywhere near as good as Ki on a day when he actually bothers to get involved in the game, or have the same size fan club.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

sassassin posted:

Sweden star Kristoffer Nordfeldt has admitted he is ready to quit Dutch football with the Swans ready to pounce for the Heerenveen goalkeeper.

"star"

He is pretty bad.

Another Heerenveen player who happens to be not bad at all is striker Mark Uth, who is expected to sign for Hoffenheim pretty soon.

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Oh, and Brentford have brought in Excelsior Rotterdam's Marinus Dijkhuizen as a manager (done deal). They're going full moneyball.

Fun fact: everyone's favourite creator of bow tie-shaped radar charts @mixedknuts is working for the club.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Brentford's ownership is beyond parody

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Literally every player who has signed a professional contract with any club is a "football star" according to the papers. That's how you get "CHELSEA STAR IN SEX ROMP SHOCKER" and it turns out it's a youth teamer who played two minutes at the end of a League Cup tie once.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's always Gary Flitcroft.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i will never watch the portuguese league despite noted handsome + cool poster mbm coming from that land, as such it is undeniably a mickey mouse league

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
seriously, name ONE time a portuguese club won the UEFA Champions League. i dare you

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

tbp posted:

seriously, name ONE time a portuguese club won the UEFA Champions League. i dare you
lol

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

tbp posted:

Pffft, anyone can win the Champs League, even Liverpool have done so several times. The real test of how big a club is if theyve won the Premier League and I dont think any team from Portugal have.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Chelsea 04-05 was half portugese

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Seltzer posted:

matic is a clogger

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Messyass posted:

Oh, and Brentford have brought in Excelsior Rotterdam's Marinus Dijkhuizen as a manager (done deal). They're going full moneyball.

Fun fact: everyone's favourite creator of bow tie-shaped radar charts @mixedknuts is working for the club.

They are now being linked with Mokotjo :munch:

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

Messyass posted:

I hate these graphs so much

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If you manage to read that graph it says that he sucks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sassassin posted:

If you manage to read that graph it says that he sucks.

He's bad at long balls and thats what the owner wants the team to play since the stats show long ball football is best

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Messyass posted:

And to think people doubted the magic of the transfer thread.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seems that with only Liverpool interested, Klopp has decided to take a break from football. There's always Ancelotti right?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

julian assflange posted:

Seems that with only Liverpool interested, Klopp has decided to take a break from football. There's always Ancelotti right?

Carlo's also hinted at taking a year off.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

mackintosh posted:

Carlo's also hinted at taking a year off.

It's less hinted, more explicitly stated.

"I also have a very serious reason to stop, I need to have an operation for cervical stenosis. For some time I’ve been having tingling in my hands, if I wait any longer it may spread to my legs, so I’ve made an appointment for surgery. Frankly, I don’t know how long I’ll have to physically stop, for the post-operative phase and subsequent rehabilitation.”

Unless he's pulling an 'Arry, he sounds sincere.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Paddyb posted:

I hope Liverpool buy Jackson Martinez because he knows how to score a goal unlike the pack of donkeys they have now.

Also, nice meltdown

Liverpool were supposedly interested in Jackson Martinez a couple of windows ago when he was still playing in Liga MX. It would be rather vexing if they decided now was the time to buy him since Porto isn't the easiest club to make a deal with.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Messyass posted:

look at that PAdj Int, 2.47 is like seriously phwoar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Re: Frank Tabanou, St Etienne's chairman came out and said Swansea will need to up their bid from the rumoured £3.5m.

Then their manager then bitched and moaned that he needed that money asap to bring in players himself, and to stop arsing around.

Tabanou's agent has said everything's decided on their end.

"Franklin has chosen Swansea, he has told me he is not interested in any other offers from any other clubs,"

sassassin fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 1, 2015

• Locked thread