Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Is there really no way to take in-game screenshots? Even PrintScreen and copy/paste at Photoshop won't work for some reason. I was exploring out on Skellige with the sun setting down on me (had to let it) and the sea was dark but calm and it was just gorgeous even on my med-high settings. And now it's lost forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

is there anything I can do about all water in my game being completely flat regardless of what the water setting is set to? kinda killing my enjoyment of skellige

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

^^^i normally have big waves when the weather is bad. Maybe it's related to the weather settings, not the water one?

Badly Jester posted:

Yeah, the fact that she knows about those special tools and then says your requests are reasonable, while the dwarf says it can't be done is an early tip off as well. It's a minor point, sure, but I enjoyed how the game just had to subvert a classic fantasy trope for shits and giggles.
Well you can trade with both of them and the Trading menu/interface shows the dwarf as being apprentice level while the assistant is MASTER level

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
Message for goons seeking to abuse the seashell glitch. Don't fast travel with 100 shells in your inventory, they will vanish.

Edit: I was wrong, shells still there but they're under the 'other' tab. The tab I didn't look at :psyduck:

haris pilton fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 1, 2015

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Toplowtech posted:

^^^i normally have big waves when the weather is bad. Maybe it's related to the weather settings, not the water one?

it's not a matter of no big waves it's a matter of literally none at all, the sea is completely flat. before this bug even on the calmest days the water would be at least a little choppy. as far as I can tell there aren't any weather settings but regardless every graphics setting is on high except hairworks :shrug:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Honest Thief posted:

I don't get any issue with VA apart from every dwarve sounding the same.

There's a dwarf you run into during a quest in Novigrad that has an Irish accent. That kind of weirded me out.

VarXX
Oct 31, 2009
I'm doing the forktail quest in kaer morhen now. About how far into the story am I

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BBJoey posted:

it's not a matter of no big waves it's a matter of literally none at all, the sea is completely flat. before this bug even on the calmest days the water would be at least a little choppy. as far as I can tell there aren't any weather settings but regardless every graphics setting is on high except hairworks :shrug:

a screen

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Looks like the Witcher 3 expansion pass has some incentives for a week:

Witcher 1 and 2 codes with every Expansion purchase

They're also donatable, so here's code for Witcher 2:
gone

Gone!

Issaries fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jun 1, 2015

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I asked a blacksmith to remove some upgrades from my weapons, but I didn't get the runestones back.

Sepah
May 13, 2014

Baron Bifford posted:

I asked a blacksmith to remove some upgrades from my weapons, but I didn't get the runestones back.

Removing upgrades is to free up the slot in the weapon, and destroys the runestone. To get the runestones back, you have to dismantle the weapon itself.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Sepah posted:

Removing upgrades is to free up the slot in the weapon, and destroys the runestone. To get the runestones back, you have to dismantle the weapon itself.

Which is pretty unintuitive system.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Sepah posted:

Many runestones were lost before I figured this out

SkyEnzo
Mar 8, 2015

No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter.

VarXX posted:

I'm doing the forktail quest in kaer morhen now. About how far into the story am I

70% give or take. Its not the last chapter.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Any official word on the xp bug fix? I've seen "Monday", "Wednesday" and "Not until the next patch" so far.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I have decided that if someone yells "I always knew Witchers were heartless", or some variant thereof, they are a liar and nothing but the truth will come from further investigation. Lady don't lie to me, just be upfront and poo poo will get sorted much faster. :colbert:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Sign intensity numbers are wonky, after loading you pretty much have to re-equip every blue mutagen to get the numbers halfway right.
Is it just a display bug in the character window, or the underlying damage calculations :ohdear:

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Azazell0 posted:

Is there really no way to take in-game Screenshots?

Steam? F12 is the default key for screenshots. GoG? No idea.

Finally got all bombs upgraded to superior. Even the bugged ones, Moon Dust and Northern.

Gremist: "I can sell you my knowledge, but at a price" - 55 crowns per superior recipe?
I guess I have that much squirreled away somewhere, wise old man.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jun 1, 2015

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

VarXX posted:

There's around 10 (somewhere between 5 and 15, probably) hours left in the main quest depending on how good you are at the game and how many cutscenes you skip, if I recall correctly.

mcbexx posted:

Steam? F12 is the default key for screenshots. Got? No idea.

If you've got it on gog, you can just add it to steam as a non-steam game and take screenshots that way.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 1, 2015

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

sauer kraut posted:

Sign intensity numbers are wonky, after loading you pretty much have to re-equip every blue mutagen to get the numbers halfway right.
Is it just a display bug in the character window, or the underlying damage calculations :ohdear:

I'm like 90% sure it actually fucks up the calculations. Try to trigger the bug by loading a save and then taking out skills until you are at <100% burn chance for your Igni. It seems to me that's the actual chance, not just a display bug.
It's pretty silly but just take out all mutagens and put them back in to fix it every time.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
Is it normal, when you change your language, for it to still be in English? I downloaded the 2.3gb language pack from Steam.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Schlesische posted:

If you've got it on gog, you can just add it to steam as a non-steam game and take screenshots that way.

Ah, thanks for the tip!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

GrossMurpel posted:

I'm like 90% sure it actually fucks up the calculations. Try to trigger the bug by loading a save and then taking out skills until you are at <100% burn chance for your Igni. It seems to me that's the actual chance, not just a display bug.
It's pretty silly but just take out all mutagens and put them back in to fix it every time.

Do you need to do this when you load the game, or every time you load a save?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Junkenstein posted:

Do you need to do this when you load the game, or every time you load a save?

Every time you load a save, including reloading after you die.
Just make a note of how high your intensity is and check if it's up there before every fight.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

At least on PC the patch is due today.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Are lesser runes useful in late game - can they be upgraded like mutagens, or should I just sell them all off?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

combat in this game got 100% better when I realized dodging back is a deathwish and dodging to the side is the way to go. bloodborne dodging really hosed up my sense of evasion, in this game almost everything will take like two swings and keep moving on you, so dodging away still gets you hit. getting the oils also seems to make a difference, provided I actually had time to apply them.

armor still seems to do fuckall. if I get hit or caught in a combo I still get exorbitant amounts of health drained, ah well. Should probably invest in that Quen-healthdrain tree.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
The active shield is really loving great, no more eating 5 raw livers during a fight
Only sad thing is that explosive shield doesn't seem to reliably trigger with it

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Will the next ps4 patch have the ability to buy Gwent cards that were missed early in the game? I think it was fixed on pc, but I don't see it in the change log.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

At least on PC the patch is due today.

Nope, it's not. They were thinking of doing a hotfix today, but have since decided to roll the fix into 1.05 which is supposed to be out tomorrow or the day after.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dangit.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

One more great thing about Skellige - the music is excellent in there. Really gives you the nordic/scandinavian/celtic vibes.

Also, the region is great for exploration. I'm doing a quest on one island (with the lighthouse), then I see a huge drat tower looming in the horizon, well I gotta go there! No boat? Just swim over there...!

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 1, 2015

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Most of of the EN actors are legit english, nearly all our recording is done in London. Letho is welsh.
Oh that's wonderful.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Do the "use your witcher sense to figure things out" quests stay consistent in terms of quality or do they get much more basic later on? I'm a bit concerned all this fantastic stuff is front loaded. :ohdear:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Generic Monk posted:

I'm impressed how Ves's neckline somehow managed to get lower between games - I didn't even know that was physically possible. Also just got the cat armour; it's kind of cool I guess but it does make Geralt look like a bit of a gay pirate. Which honestly I'm warming to, though the design is a little bare. I trust the upgraded version is a little shinier? With bells on?

You upgrade into a Tactineck.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

poptart_fairy posted:

Do the "use your witcher sense to figure things out" quests stay consistent in terms of quality or do they get much more basic later on? I'm a bit concerned all this fantastic stuff is front loaded. :ohdear:

They're fairly consistent all the way through.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

NaDy posted:

Ciri's voice actor, Jo Wyatt is actually English and her accent is fine, what's so lousy about it? She's not the best actor in the game but her accent is totally genuine.

Good god, really? She doesn't just drop her t's, she positively gargles them.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

GWENT CHAT!

Gwent card question: I want to get a couple Thaler (Power 1 Spy), another of that 5(4?) power spy and another Siege Medic for my northern armies deck. Can I buy these cards somewhere or do I have to win them? I get the feeling "Spy" cards are only winnable. Using decoy with the medic and spies is so awesome. Seems to be the key to the Northern Armies deck.

EDIT: Ahhh...just answered my own question. Thaler card is on Skellege, there's only 1 spy card each and only 1 Siege Medic.

Is it just me or are monster decks fairly counterable as long as you have a cold/melee reducer card?

Also, what is up with that random rear end merchant in pondunk boat-town? His deck is packed full of heroes. Its like nothing I've ever seen! :aaa:

Can I buy heroes somewhere? Or do I have to win them? I have the autistic child left as a "master" challenge for Velen (havent left Velen yet, must. play. cards.).

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 1, 2015

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Wholly poo poo that whole Witcher's drinking scene was so good. That was some legit buddy drinking poo poo and I laughed my rear end off. And whoever said Lambert went from being an rear end in a top hat to a likeable rear end in a top hat after that scene was completely right.

Question time: this has very likely been answered many times but this thread is too big. I'm assuming it will be made very clear when I reach the "point of no return" in regards to triggering some sort of end game quest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
So I've got a quick question for those who are quite far into the game/finished. I've been playing for about 60 hours now (according to in-game, but some of that has been sitting on a menu or something while I was doing other things) and I'm about to hit 16. I've been doing quests in Novigrad, mainly trying to clear up the quests that are at my recommended level or lower before moving on, though I keep seeming to accrue more and more quests that are below my level. That's fine, I'm enjoying them regardless of rewards, but where should I be?

It seems there's no specific linear progression, but should I have visited Skellige by now? Haven't touched it yet. Does it matter? I have to admit I'm really enjoying just doing the random quests with the nice little stories and whatnot. I've heard it's a huge game, but all the same I'm kind of worried that it'll just end on me sometime soon and I'll be disappointed.