Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
By the way, is it just me, or does the white walker king look exactly like Joffrey in ww make-up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Pikehead posted:

Crushing the skull seems to work, or general destruction of the body.

removing the head or destroying the brain!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Coucho Marx posted:

removing the head or destroying the brain!

I never thought I would say that.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Coucho Marx posted:

edit: also i knew vasquez would die
Truth, & love the Aliens reference. When she sent her daughters off on the boat that was enough foreshadowing for me. I knew she was done for.

Speaking of foreshadowing (as has been mentioned previously), it does seem very telegraphed that the conversation between Sam and Farmer Orphan Boy is going to backfire horribly. The child actor just put too much, "Well... if you say so... in that case... I guess I'll have to [something really impulsive and tragic]" on his face. It wasn't subtle.

This episode was 100% fantastic and I haven't had any complaints until now, either. I like the new storylines, I loved that Theon spilled the beans to Sansa that Bran and Rickon escaped, Tyrion saving Jorah's life (sorta) and then taking no poo poo from Queen Stupid, Cersei continuing to try to be all haughty with her plain shift and dehydration and face-ladle collisions, everything with Arya (yeah, when The Man gave her The Gift her grin was perfect), Tormund not letting the Lord O Bones get the word "dick/cock" out of his mouth before beating him down with his own loving staff, and then everything that came after... just a great, great episode. Not sure what Jorah is up to, now. Then the madness that ensued after was just too much to take in all at once, and it wasn't even all shaky-cam or anything. Just... huge in scope. White Walker King has a personality... an attitude. He's proud enough to show off. Wun Wun can just walk to the boats. Yeah, just a great ep. I think I'm gonna watch last week's and then watch this one again.

Also,

quote:

Jon Snuh: Hey Vasquez, you ever been mistaken for a man?
Wildling Vasquez: No, Lord Crow. Have you?

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 1, 2015

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I really hope Ramsey fucks up Stannis, or at least gives it a good go. What I like about Game of Thrones is that the truth of the world is the Shitlord cunts are often really good at beating other people, or at swinging a sword. You can be as heroic or bold as you like but when you get such a huge loving boner as Ramsey does for killing other people you become very good indeed at it.

That said Jorah is my dream hero man

:edit: Also white walker dude at the end

maev fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 1, 2015

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
One thing I nearly missed was the line 'A Feast For Crows' from Ramsay. He sure is tired of all these Star Wars.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

ErIog posted:

I do hope they eventually give some kind of background on the White Walkers. They have so little explained motivation that they appear to only function at the whims of the writer. Every other character in the show has such well-developed motives that they really stick out in their simple zombie-ness.

Cue an introductory scene to the internal politics of White Walkerdom. Boss Walker asks whether the other Walkers will side with him on his quest to kill the living. Every other walker starts a "WHEN I WAS BUT A CHILD," speech

Then they throw an ice spear at a wight because why not. Two eps later the writers realize that scene went kind of poorly with the audience so cue an ice titty

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I want to see how these white walker guys plan on getting over that giant wall. That's probably next season though...

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Jesto posted:

Speculation:

Jorah is tired of seeing Daenerys screw around and waste her rule on a slave city, when she's meant to rule Westeros. He's going to infect the entire city so she's forced to flee across the sea and get on with conquering Westeros.

If that's the case then Jorah is the hero of the viewers, finally getting the show out of the worst area and plotline.

I hope Greyworm and Misande become gargoyles too. Their love story is equally as bad as Sam and Gilly's.

Do we know how Greyscale is passed? It seems like you have to go whole Stoneman before you're infectious.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

I want to see how these white walker guys plan on getting over that giant wall. That's probably next season though...

Did you see World War Z?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Parachute posted:

Did you see World War Z?

Yeah but without Muslims to entice them by singing nasheeds, they should be safe on the other side.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

This episode featured the worst rowers in Westeros.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can't the night's watch just let some dragon glass powder blow in the wind to the other side and kill all the ice dudes when it gets in their eyes? They seem to explode like a spinal tap drummer when it touches them.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

zoux posted:

Yeah but without Muslims to entice them by singing nasheeds, they should be safe on the other side.

Won't need Muslims just the 9,000th rendition of Rains of Castamere

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

Well, some wildlings were capable of climbing the wall. I'm sure the wights could too, and they have the added bonus of probably being able to try again if they fall off.

Jesto posted:

I hope Greyworm and Misande become gargoyles too. Their love story is equally as bad as Sam and Gilly's.

I think you'll find that both Grey Worm and Missandei are
1. cool
2. cute

I don't get why everyone's hating on them hooking up. It's a bit groanworthy, sure, but there's nothing particularly bad about their plot arc outside of how much time has been dedicated to pondering what GW's junk is like.
Besides, now that noted sexhaver Tyrion Lannister is around, the writers would be wasting a golden opportunity if they didn't add an scene where he awkwardly attempts to earn GW's favor by giving him tips on how to gently caress without a dick.
"I mean, that's how Varys would do it. I think."

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Maybe all of the Unsullied are like White Rat and have lots of maternal issues with growing up as eunuch child soldier war slaves.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

maev posted:

I really hope Ramsey fucks up Stannis, or at least gives it a good go. What I like about Game of Thrones is that the truth of the world is the Shitlord cunts are often really good at beating other people, or at swinging a sword. You can be as heroic or bold as you like but when you get such a huge loving boner as Ramsey does for killing other people you become very good indeed at it.

That said Jorah is my dream hero man

:edit: Also white walker dude at the end

Eh I'm done with Ramsay, dude is a full on cartoon character and has passed the point of love to hate to just being tedious. Also I really wouldn't buy him being some sort of super soldier on top of everything else. Dude sat up north picking wings off flies, he was probably never in a real battle. But he will probably kill Brienne in a one on one fight then spin kick Davos into a campfire then dress up as him and convince Stannis to burn Shireen then trick Melisandre to aim her voodoo at his dad's pregnant wife.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
How many White Walkers did we see in that frost citadel scene last season where they iced the baby? I want to say it was thirteen or so, and I'm inclined to think that that could be all of them. People talk about them like they're a whole race beyond the Wall, but given how few of them we see it's seeming more and more likely that they really are only a handful of really powerful magic dudes. Which means that the two that Sam and Jon have killed are a really big deal, in principle. And also that killing them isn't really the problem, it's killing thousands of wights that is the hard part.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Boing posted:

How many White Walkers did we see in that frost citadel scene last season where they iced the baby? I want to say it was thirteen or so, and I'm inclined to think that that could be all of them. People talk about them like they're a whole race beyond the Wall, but given how few of them we see it's seeming more and more likely that they really are only a handful of really powerful magic dudes. Which means that the two that Sam and Jon have killed are a really big deal, in principle. And also that killing them isn't really the problem, it's killing thousands of wights that is the hard part.

They've been taking wildling male babies from Craster for years and years, and he had a ton of "wives". I would believe that they've been doing stuff like that for a long time, and have more than a dozen white walkers around.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I just hope we find out what their deal is. I don't know if they can talk but hopefully they kidnap someone and do a 10 minute exposition dump about their history and poo poo.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

zoux posted:

I just hope we find out what their deal is. I don't know if they can talk but hopefully they kidnap someone and do a 10 minute exposition dump about their history and poo poo.

Didn't one of them kind of talk at some point but it was like icy parseltongue or something?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Eh I'm done with Ramsay, dude is a full on cartoon character and has passed the point of love to hate to just being tedious. Also I really wouldn't buy him being some sort of super soldier on top of everything else. Dude sat up north picking wings off flies, he was probably never in a real battle. But he will probably kill Brienne in a one on one fight then spin kick Davos into a campfire then dress up as him and convince Stannis to burn Shireen then trick Melisandre to aim her voodoo at his dad's pregnant wife.

I bet he could solo all the white walkers if someone from the Night's Watch would give him some dragonglass. He'd have to try really hard to flay them though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Bulkiest Toaster posted:

imagine Mt Everest and all those rich assholes who try to climb it every year

now imagine people can't die and how many more there will be

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I feel like there are a bunch of white walkers just from the fact that we see one appear relatively close to the wall in season 1. Like its just an assumption on my part but if there were only thirteen I don't think they would be venturing out that far unless they had their army around.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd guess there are at most a couple of hundred. The thing is, no one has any idea, there is WAY more in the show about the White Walkers than in the books.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I would imagine there's a bunch of Crastor's kids waiting in the wings. I highly doubt any of the 13 were his kids fully grown, and we also know the blue eyed ones are different from the spooky skeletons. Question is why would they bother with Craster's kids if they could simply have killed Craster and his wives and turned them? Clearly something about their inability to reproduce must play into that

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

I would imagine there's a bunch of Crastor's kids waiting in the wings. I highly doubt any of the 13 were his kids fully grown, and we also know the blue eyed ones are different from the spooky skeletons. Question is why would they bother with Craster's kids if they could simply have killed Craster and his wives and turned them? Clearly something about their inability to reproduce must play into that

Since they can't reproduce has there ever been any explanation on how the first one even came about? I know it's speculated that he's some noble that rose from the dead or something but that's only been talked about in this thread so

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

On Terra Firma posted:

Since they can't reproduce has there ever been any explanation on how the first one even came about? I know it's speculated that he's some noble that rose from the dead or something but that's only been talked about in this thread so

Again, if you watch the show, you know more about White Walkers than people who only read the books.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

D&D have pretty much officially named them Night's King so that part seems canon at least

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
In the end, Westoros will be destroyed entirely by an army of one perverts incest babies.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

counterfeitsaint posted:

In the end, Westoros will be destroyed entirely by an army of one perverts incest babies.

I dunno, Tommen seems alright.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

for a nice guy king who cant get poo poo done sure

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

To be fair, they eat people

It's a troubling habit these days, when your meal can be risen from the dead and strangle you.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
So Melisandre needs stuff like king's blood to fuel her wicked magics, right?

What about wardens? What kind of fireworks would Ramsay net her?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

I don't know if it'd let her use any magic shenanigans, but I'd like if she gave it a shot anyway.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

probably a really hosed up clown will show up at your doorstep

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You're all thinking of the wrong royal kid to sacrifice.

Theon is legit the son of a lord.

He's also knowledgeable in burning people to further one's needs.

shizen
Dec 29, 2006

Bran was mentioned this episode are we finally going to see what happened with his meeting with that wizard this season or what

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

That episode was awesome, one of the best ever imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You're all thinking of the wrong royal kid to sacrifice.

Theon is legit the son of a lord.

He's also knowledgeable in burning people to further one's needs.

Reek.

• Locked thread