Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Drastic Actions posted:

Here's a fun fact about the Miiverse: It's locked by region. Because I have a Japanese system, I can only see Japan posts, as it were. Even if I play with other region based goons, and they appear in my plaza, I won't see their Miiverse messages either (nor can they see mine, which is a blessing really). So I am (thankfully) not able to see those hilarious Squidward posts. Instead I get this.

Aye carumba indeed, Bartman.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I should mention that Ika(イカ) is squid in Japanese. So アイカランバ is kind of a pun.

It's strangely comforting to know that regardless of nationality, we are united in our fondness for terrible puns about squid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

12 hours until new map and gun :woop:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

I wonder if they'll up the rotation groups to three maps at a time now, or wait for a larger pool to draw from.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently ranked battle, a new weapon and a stage called Port Mackerel are all out tomorrow.

Wooo ranked

New stage and weapon are a very exciting surprise!!!

E: Also from /r/splatoon

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Help Im Alive posted:

Apparently ranked battle, a new weapon and a stage called Port Mackerel are all out tomorrow.

That's going to be a fun map for Rollers with plenty of blind corners to catch people with.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Infinitum posted:

Where are you seeing this?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Count Bleck posted:

Where are you seeing this?

Surprise Direct in NA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5kXsTAUEHw

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Please have Captain N clothing to purchase..

*activates super jump*

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://youtu.be/RE-orx_HTfE

Jim Sterling on the Splatoon Amiibos.

It's pretty bizarre it's the Splatoon amiibo specifically that did him in. Like the Smash wave has been an ordeal in of itself but with the exception of the three-pack the boy and girl separately were available in large quantities over the weekend seemingly everywhere.

And poo poo you wanna talk about supposedly rare ones, there's still silver Mario available at the stores.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

BattleMaster posted:

Squids are carnivores which probably explains the scary fangs that Inklings have.

Really squids have beaks but if inklings had beaks they'd look horrible so I'm glad they went with the sharp teeth. It looks great and gives them a little wicked side.

Help Im Alive posted:

Already?! Oh hell yes. I wonder how the zapper handles as a weapon...

And Port Mackerel was the map I was saying had tons of black tarps on it, look at that. That's pretty different.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaphod42 posted:

Really squids have beaks but if inklings had beaks they'd look horrible so I'm glad they went with the sharp teeth. It looks great and gives them a little wicked side.

And Port Mackerel was the map I was saying had tons of black tarps on it, look at that. That's pretty different.

Judging by the way it's held, I think it's a Charge Rifle reskin.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Callie and Marie....calamari

Ha ha :geno:

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/605377409232179200/photo/1

Ranked says it uses Splat Zones. That's the new KotH game mode right?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

cathead posted:

Yeah splatzones is "paint a big rectangle and hold it" aka KOTH

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The question with splatzones is it just gonna be like turf war limited to squares, (winner is determined by whoever has the most paint at the last second) or will it be more like Halo style KOTH where there's a timer counting down based on how much paint you have on the square?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Zaphod42 posted:

The question with splatzones is it just gonna be like turf war limited to squares, (winner is determined by whoever has the most paint at the last second) or will it be more like Halo style KOTH where there's a timer counting down based on how much paint you have on the square?

The latter, it was shown off during the Splatoon direct just before the game release.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Zaa Boogie posted:

The latter, it was shown off during the Splatoon direct just before the game release.

Good! I was gonna say if its just like turf war but limited to squares that'd be kinda lame. I am excited.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Zaphod42 posted:

From the way he worded it and looked in the video it seems a short range weapon that causes your special meter to shoot up faster than normal. So Special Power spam?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

cathead posted:

I hope that image doesn't mean that only one map is available in Ranked at a time...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Zapper looks like it's in the Splattershot Jr family, short range, high fire rate.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Commissar Ken posted:

From the way he worded it and looked in the video it seems a short range weapon that causes your special meter to shoot up faster than normal. So Special Power spam?

Oh, good. More bubblers.

Something about that super turns me into a gibbering moron.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Deviant posted:

Oh, good. More bubblers.

Something about that super turns me into a gibbering moron.

Depends what it's loadout is although that magazine thing that was on here showed off a grey and white 85 version and an orange and white 89 version so most likely two different loadouts.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It's pretty bizarre it's the Splatoon amiibo specifically that did him in. Like the Smash wave has been an ordeal in of itself but with the exception of the three-pack the boy and girl separately were available in large quantities over the weekend seemingly everywhere.

And poo poo you wanna talk about supposedly rare ones, there's still silver Mario available at the stores.

Jim lives in Mississippi. I doubt that's a hot bed of Amiibo shipments.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

I hope that image doesn't mean that only one map is available in Ranked at a time...

Get ready to mash A even harder through the CallieMarie presentations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Anybody know if your stats from single player affect the amiibo challenges? I'm thinking mostly about the ink capacity. I know that your orbs/eggs/whatever carry over, which is nice. I might be able to max my stats for no reason :shepface:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Anybody know if your stats from single player affect the amiibo challenges? I'm thinking mostly about the ink capacity. I know that your orbs/eggs/whatever carry over, which is nice. I might be able to max my stats for no reason :shepface:

nope completely separate

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Judging by the way it's held, I think it's a Charge Rifle reskin.

Commissar Ken posted:

njsykora posted:

Zapper looks like it's in the Splattershot Jr family, short range, high fire rate.

Glad we cleared that up :haw:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Jim lives in Mississippi. I doubt that's a hot bed of Amiibo shipments.

not to insult the guy since he is the only decent independent game reviewer atm but why whould he move to America and go to the center of the bible belt?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Splatzones is gonna own.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zaphod42 posted:

Glad we cleared that up :haw:

I missed the Direct footage :v:. Nice to see more loadouts with the Echolocator though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

E: Nm it was just posted I'm dumb

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 1, 2015

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is anyone else getting matched up with Japanese players non stop? I was in a room for about an hour and I was the only person with an English name.

Is this because I own a Vita

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Help Im Alive posted:

Is anyone else getting matched up with Japanese players non stop? I was in a room for about an hour and I was the only person with an English name.

Since release there's been at least 2-3 Japanese players in my games. Apparently it's sold out so people are going pretty hard.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Cyron posted:

not to insult the guy since he is the only decent independent game reviewer atm but why whould he move to America and go to the center of the bible belt?

That's where his wife lived.

Also, did anyone else get one of the orange Splatoon squid hats in their GAME order as a bonus for those people who lost out on their Squid Amiibos?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

If you stay in a room you're going to keep playing with the same people until they quit and someone takes their place.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Part of me feels like they are trickling content out so that there can be continued interest and so that the crowd who has already poopsocked to max level doesn't spoil all of the content in a weekend.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

They still haven't said anything about what "rainmaker" game mode will be about, right?

The Flying Milton posted:

Part of me feels like they are trickling content out so that there can be continued interest and so that the crowd who has already poopsocked to max level doesn't spoil all of the content in a weekend.

Yeah, seems like it may be a smart move. On the other hand these maps are getting really old already.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hah if you fight the final boss again all the dialogue is changed so its like he escaped whered did he get another machine :iiam:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I Got a question about amiibo's, how useful is the amiibo for splatoon? like it not having one game breaking or can I live without one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The Flying Milton posted:

Continued interest is the exact reason they're doing it.

Some people (including reviewers!) have assumed the maps aren't all done yet and they rushed the game out early, but that's obviously not true; two of the new maps are visibly finished in single-player, and a third drops tonight. It's purely a design choice.

• Locked thread