Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Graham just said he has more national security experience than anyone else in this race, "that includes you, Hillary."

The sad thing is, he has a legitimate point. He is the only person currently running who was active duty.

EDIT: Shoutout to the best of the nation, the 1%... who serve in the military. Fakeout!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Svanja posted:

Security through strength.

Oh, nice little dig at the Clinton name.

This guy has no charisma. None.

Ah declare!

... my candidacy

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

William Bear posted:

Apparently Lindsay Graham legally adopted his sister after their parents died? Didn't know you could do that.

LINDSAY IS HERE!

If the age difference is large enough, and the older sibling is able to provide food/shelter/etc. for the younger, it makes sense. Generally it seems like it'd be better to have an aunt/uncle/grandparent/godparent adopt, but I could see cases where it would work.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Is there any clear contender for the dem running mate thus far?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

William Bear posted:

Graham just said he has more national security experience than anyone else in this race, "that includes you, Hillary."

The sad thing is, he has a legitimate point. He is the only person currently running who was active duty.

EDIT: Shoutout to the best of the nation, the 1%... who serve in the military. Fakeout!

Yeah, and in all that experience, he's apparently learned nothing whatsoever.

neonnoodle posted:

Is there any clear contender for the dem running mate thus far?

I think the popular consensus is a flashy name like Warren, but I can't imagine the Clinton team picking someone who isn't white, male and boring.

Evan Bayh, COME ON DOWN!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Dirk the Average posted:

If the age difference is large enough, and the older sibling is able to provide food/shelter/etc. for the younger, it makes sense. Generally it seems like it'd be better to have an aunt/uncle/grandparent/godparent adopt, but I could see cases where it would work.

Not sure about Graham's situation, but sometimes there just aren't relatives to take them in.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

William Bear posted:

He is right on that count, his take on it is absolute poo poo though.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Gravel Gravy posted:

He is right on that count, his take on it is absolute poo poo though.

Yeah. I wish we could get over this idea that having been active duty makes you some sort of policy savant.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Lindsay Graham ended his announcement by playing "I Feel Good".

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

William Bear posted:

He is the only person currently running who was active duty.

Graham actually retired from the Air Force Reserves today.

Rick Perry was also in the Air Force for five years.

But I think O'Malley outranks both of them.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Not sure about Graham's situation, but sometimes there just aren't relatives to take them in.

Yeah, that's what I was alluding to. The relatives could also be unfit to adopt. No idea about Graham's situation either.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

William Bear posted:

I had to laugh at "I know our allies and I know our enemies. And they know me." Because they aren't scared of him at all. He was a LAWYER. But they will gloss over that and pretend he was some sort of grunt. Perry was a pilot, which is a lot cooler.

Svanja fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jun 1, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Joementum posted:

Graham actually retired from the Air Force Reserves today.

Rick Perry was also in the Air Force for five years.

But I think O'Malley outranks both of them.

I really wanted Obama to pick Wes Clark so that McCain would have to salute him.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Yooge news coming June 16th.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Joementum posted:

Please god let him get into the main debates.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

THE BOMBINATRIX posted:

Its like she's been practicing that creepy smile.

She's thinking about all the money the Clinton Foundation will get from foreign entities for deleting emails from her private server relating to sticky bunghazi.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Joementum posted:

Trump 2016
America isn't great!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

Trump 2016
America isn't great!

Thanks to Obama, of course.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Joementum posted:

Oh please oh please let it be true :unsmigghh:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Didn't Obama play a particular joke/troll on Trump a while back? I recall a camera shot of Trump going completely red after it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Gravel Gravy posted:

Didn't Obama play a particular joke/troll on Trump a while back? I recall a camera shot of Trump going completely red after it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I think the popular consensus is a flashy name like Warren, but I can't imagine the Clinton team picking someone who isn't white, male and boring.

Evan Bayh, COME ON DOWN!

Flashy? Warren?
They way they're grooming the Castro brothers, my money would be on one of them getting the nom, especially since it seems like all the other choices are, as you said, white, male and boring.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

purple? good luck with that

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

How many Republican candidates are there now? It feels like just about everyone who was a maybe decided to jump in. Bush'll join, obviously, but will Christie? He's not in yet, right? He's the last one I can think of in the maybe column.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

duz posted:

Flashy? Warren?
They way they're grooming the Castro brothers, my money would be on one of them getting the nom, especially since it seems like all the other choices are, as you said, white, male and boring.

Warren would be the big name that would get the base excited. I think it will be someone staid and boring. And white. And male.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
There will be no minorities on the Hillary ticket.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SedanChair posted:

There will be no minorities on the Hillary ticket.

Other than the obvious one?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

computer parts posted:

Other than the obvious one?

Only if we call women minorities. That always seemed strange to me. I get that it's about power, but it's really a misuse of the term.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

SedanChair posted:

Only if we call women minorities. That always seemed strange to me. I get that it's about power, but it's really a misuse of the term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtY5bv-oxLE

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Warren's never going to run, she is way more important in the Senate and she knows it. She's Ted Kennedy now. :colbert:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
"Hillary Clinton giving official campaign launch speech midday on June 13 at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park in NYC."

Via Guardian reporter Sabrina Siddiqui.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Joementum posted:

"as to whether or not he will run for President"?

Does that mean he might say no?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Josh Lyman posted:

What do you think?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Josh Lyman posted:

well if he just comes out and says it in the invitation who would bother to show up?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Please god let him get into the main debates.

I don't ask for much but please let him bump Paul into the kiddy table debate with Graham.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Say what you will about Graham, but he has the best campaign logo. He's not trying to be hip or trendy at all. It's a logo you could proudly hang from banners at a mass rally where people salute their commander-in-chief.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

neonnoodle posted:

Warren's never going to run, she is way more important in the Senate and she knows it. She's Ted Kennedy now. :colbert:

Without the dealmaking savvy or the interest in progressive causes or really you know

Anything

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Svanja posted:

Security through strength.

I found his campaign logo.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

GalacticAcid posted:

"Hillary Clinton giving official campaign launch speech midday on June 13 at the Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park in NYC."

Via Guardian reporter Sabrina Siddiqui.

I thought here online announcement was here official launch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I thought here online announcement was here official launch?

Welcome to 2016, Friendo. That's just like the announcement you post on facebook you're having a baby. This is like, you know, the Gender Reveal Party.

• Locked thread