Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

This was completely baffling to me. I'll admit, I don't keep up with :siren: MOOCHELLE'S FOOD GESTAPO :tinfoil:, so I just got to skim three days' worth of people freaking the gently caress out over her suggestion to eat strawberries and yogurt instead of marshmallows and chocolate in your s'mores:byodood:un-American snack abominations.

"Marshmallows don't have fat in them, so it's not like they're bad for you!" :fsmug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
You know, all the usual BS aside, this isn't that bad of a caricature of Obama.

...which begs the question, how good would Tinsley be if he put actual effort into his work instead of the bottle.

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

Plague of Hats posted:

This was completely baffling to me. I'll admit, I don't keep up with :siren: MOOCHELLE'S FOOD GESTAPO :tinfoil:, so I just got to skim three days' worth of people freaking the gently caress out over her suggestion to eat strawberries and yogurt instead of marshmallows and chocolate in your s'mores:byodood:un-American snack abominations.

"Marshmallows don't have fat in them, so it's not like they're bad for you!" :fsmug:

I think it makes more sense (ha) as a reference to The Caine Mutiny.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

I can't wait to see the Dees comics we'd get if lab grown meat catches on.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

E-Tank posted:

The early human hunter tended to not rely on their ability to catch and kill animals immediately, and more on their stamina. Able to follow animals until they were outright exhausted and unable to actually fight back.
Also since we know how to cook food, we no longer have to deal with the bacteria and whatnot that our ancestors did, therefore that part of our biology has kind of atrophied.
Tool using is natural for us, drat it! We've been making stone tools for millions of years at least :argh:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TheDarkFlame posted:

Was this before or after you picked up your self-destructive interest in political cartoons?

We will ask ze questions!

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

U.T. Raptor posted:

Tool using is natural for us, drat it! We've been making stone tools for millions of years at least :argh:

It's natural for quite a few animals, but I guess sea otters aren't meant to eat clams because they bash them open with a rock.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Has it really been two weeks since Obama called Fox on their BS, and Fox tried their best to play innocent and pretend they were being journalists?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Which BS was that? Kinda hard to keep track.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
Well, I spent entirely too much time doing this.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

smilingfish posted:

Well, I spent entirely too much time doing this.

I like it.

I was gonna say you should have changed the face in the bottom left too but now I don't know if that's supposed to be Jan or Skye.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

there wolf posted:

It's natural for quite a few animals, but I guess sea otters aren't meant to eat clams because they bash them open with a rock.

Shrikes and thrushes aren't meant to eat small critters either.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

Which BS was that? Kinda hard to keep track.
Basically Obama said Fox calls poor people lazy, and Fox circled the wagons and yelled NUH-UH as loud as they could.

Naturally it didn't take long for people to find numerous examples proving Obama correct.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Oh, the BS eternal.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jun 1, 2015

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I think this is the first cartoon about O'Malley's campaign.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What in the gently caress does this mean?

I mean , I know it means something racist, but I'm hoping for something more specific.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Something something pee pee doo doo

SOFREP posted:

"How many dominos have to fall in the Middle East before a full blown regional war erupts between Saudi Arabia and Iran?"

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Fulchrum posted:

What in the gently caress does this mean?

I mean , I know it means something racist, but I'm hoping for something more specific.

If uhhhh. If california and washington had a pipeline that would stop... Would stop undocumented migrant workers from coming from mexico to the united states...? I get that he is saying they are animals because we only care about migration of animals being disturbed. We assume human beings can understand how to navigate an obstruction, probably by using the roads, but I'm not seeing how a pipeline that is literally parallel to the movement of the immigrants he hates would impede their travel at all. I think he got so excited at referring to democrats as literally a subhuman invasive species that he didn't think the joke part of the comic out too thoroughly.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I fell way behind on this thread so here are all the MacKays since then.

Patrick Brown is the new leader of the Ontario Progressive Conservatives.

Our government announced new climate targets they have no intention of meeting.

Everyone hates PIerre Pollievre.

Uber wants to enter the Hamilton market, I guess.

Hamilton is really salty about losing door to door mail delivery.

Ontario's government has decided to privatize 60% of our electricity distributor, and they're going about it in the worst way possible.

Ontario's government just legislated high school teachers back to work after a six week strike.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe

Fun fact: There are now more DBD strips mentioning 300 than there are still frames in the actual film.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
We should send them to Zack Snyder.

On the one hand, its touching the poop. On the other, he may kill himself and we can get someone helming Batman Vs. Superman who doesn't burst into flames if the scene is lit.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

I made SadPerlman.jpg for use on a different site:

It's supposed to look sloppy and stupid, though. Original frame from Drive: http://i.imgur.com/ExFMD18.jpg

Edit: Is this Wise from 2005 real?

Post 9-11 User fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 1, 2015

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Something something pee pee doo doo

quote:

"How many dominos have to fall in the Middle East before a full blown regional war erupts between Saudi Arabia and Iran?"

Obama is responsible for starting a war between Saudi Arabia and Iran because he refused to commit US resources for a war between Israel and Iran.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Fojar38 posted:

Can anyone name even one black Tea Party member?

Sadly, in this part of Virginia, you will see black drivers of cars with tea party plates. (Right, Rorus?) After reading this and the RWM threads for years, I just jave to shake my head.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

LOOK AT HER loving FACE IN PANEL 1.

Why are her eyes looking AWAY in panel 2?

Even cartoon images can feel shame for their circumstances.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Samuel Clemens posted:

I think this is the first cartoon about O'Malley's campaign.
I think it's the first time I laughed at a H'N'C gag

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Post 9-11 User posted:

I made SadPerlman.jpg for use on a different site:

It's supposed to look sloppy and stupid, though. Original frame from Drive: http://i.imgur.com/ExFMD18.jpg

Edit: Is this Wise from 2005 real?

Only place I found it was on a message board with SA emoticons so I have to imagine not. I have to imagine not.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Kulkasha posted:

You know, all the usual BS aside, this isn't that bad of a caricature of Obama.

...which begs the question, how good would Tinsley be if he put actual effort into his work instead of the bottle.

"Not that bad" is relative. He looks like he has a severe hunchback.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

:v:

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Martin O. Malley

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

there wolf posted:

Spartans did win the war. More importantly they won the next war as well, putting a stop to Athens' imperial ambitions.The cost of that conflict was financial devastation and a total loss of power on an international scale for all of Greece, as well as the end of the golden age of Greek culture. Sparta remained a dominant power but faced a steady decline from civil wars, helot revolts, and Persian and Macedonia encroachment on their territories before finally succumbing to Rome.

And I need to stop comparing Muir's Sparta slashfic with actual Greek history because now it's starting to sound like a harbinger of things to come.

I'd argue that considering their win came at the cost of plunging Greece as a whole into years of darkness and destabilization, it's pretty much the definition of a Pyrrhic victory.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

MutantBlue posted:

I think it makes more sense (ha) as a reference to The Caine Mutiny.

I initially read this as "The Canine Mutiny" so I was incredibly disappointed when it turned out to not be a movie about dogs taking over a boat.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

The faces on the profile pictures at the bottom are what does it for me :golfclap:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wildeyes posted:

The faces on the profile pictures at the bottom are what does it for me :golfclap:

They all look so constipated

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
How do people who worship Spartan culture deal with the fact that they were the most cartoonishly evil society to ever grace the planet? I mean, where do they think a society consisting entirely of soldiers who have no other skill or duty gets things like food, weapons, homes, etc?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
TOONS:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Plucky Little FIFA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Schizotek posted:

How do people who worship Spartan culture deal with the fact that they were the most cartoonishly evil society to ever grace the planet? I mean, where do they think a society consisting entirely of soldiers who have no other skill or duty gets things like food, weapons, homes, etc?

They were also major fans of full-birth abortions i.e. throwing unfit children outside of the village to be eaten by wildlife.

• Locked thread