Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

What I want is a push-the-cart mode where you have to spray at some mcguffin that travels along a track all the way to the other team's base, while preventing the other team from pushing it back. Seems like it could be pretty intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Not a Children posted:

What I want is a push-the-cart mode where you have to spray at some mcguffin that travels along a track all the way to the other team's base, while preventing the other team from pushing it back. Seems like it could be pretty intense.

Literally that is coming, its called capture towers or something like that. Pretty much payload from TF2.

Instead of moving to the enemy's base though its a single thing that moves in a circular track around the level and both teams try to hold it as long as possible. So its kinda like payload race with a single payload?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Wait is Urchin dude eating the little blue sea snails. He has a pile of empty shells and a pile of them that are shivering.
:ohdear:

Pursued by bees
Jan 1, 2013

heartful of fire
with no one left to tell
I prefer throwing sprinklers into unpainted corners of our base after I get splatted the first time. That way the base gets painted and I get back to the fighting pretty quick since I can just zip there in squid form while also recovering ink.

If you're not playing a roller or don't have sprinklers, just gently caress off from your own base and go fight in the no man's land.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ugh, I lost a match today. The only won I've lost so far out of the ~20 I've played online. The Splattershot Jr. Custom owns, echolocator sounds useless but is far from it. I've been able to use it to sneak attack players who were going through side paths as squids. Booyah!

Edit: I am still trying to find a good use for Disruptor bombs though

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

oopsie rock posted:

Ughhhh I hate it when I've got a roller and non-rollers are trying do to the starting area. It's like, dudes, I GOT THIS. GO AWAY

Yeah I just go a head and try to claim the middle or paint a paths to it with the roller when they do that.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hihohe posted:

Wait is Urchin dude eating the little blue sea snails. He has a pile of empty shells and a pile of them that are shivering.

What do you think sea urchins eat?

tidiox
Jul 22, 2007
Splatoon really doesn't want me to play on the Rig, does it? I managed to get a single match on it yesterday for the maps changed. Other than that, it's never been in rotation when I've played even though I've had the game since release.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Zaphod42 posted:

Literally that is coming, its called capture towers or something like that. Pretty much payload from TF2.

Instead of moving to the enemy's base though its a single thing that moves in a circular track around the level and both teams try to hold it as long as possible. So its kinda like payload race with a single payload?

The Splatoon direct said "Stand on the tower in the center of the stage and it will start moving on a rail toward enemy territory. The team who pushes through the tower and through the goal first wins." It sounds like pushing into the enemy's base probably is the win condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsZPYB0vMw&feature=youtu.be&t=1603

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Ugh, I lost a match today. The only won I've lost so far out of the ~20 I've played online. The Splattershot Jr. Custom owns, echolocator sounds useless but is far from it. I've been able to use it to sneak attack players who were going through side paths as squids. Booyah!

Edit: I am still trying to find a good use for Disruptor bombs though

Disruptor Bombs are like mini echo locators, right? They're useful for tossing in the direction of evasive opponents.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Chill Penguin posted:

Disruptor Bombs are like mini echo locators, right? They're useful for tossing in the direction of evasive opponents.

They slow down movement and ink recovery but don't reveal location

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Dosvidanya posted:

That makes more sense - I guess I just usually use them when I'm using echolocator as well.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GI_Clutch posted:

The Splatoon direct said "Stand on the tower in the center of the stage and it will start moving on a rail toward enemy territory. The team who pushes through the tower and through the goal first wins." It sounds like pushing into the enemy's base probably is the win condition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQsZPYB0vMw&feature=youtu.be&t=1603

Oh snap you're right. Its literally payload. Its payload tug of war. Awesome.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

http://splatoon.wikia.com/wiki/Gear_Abilities This is handy.

Just got a 3 star hat with Opening Gambit on it. Awesome as hell because I'm maining the Dynamo Roller now and it's slow as rear end.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Infinitum posted:

Just got a 3 star hat with Opening Gambit on it. Awesome as hell because I'm maining the Dynamo Roller now and it's slow as rear end.

There's a list of the abilities in game too. I think you go to like equipment > ability list.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
How many rollers are in the game currently?

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Spacebump posted:

How many rollers are in the game currently?

4 I think? Roller, Krak-on Roller, Dynamo Roller, and Golden Dynamo Roller.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Infinitum posted:

I wonder how fast and far some 3 star gear will germinate thanks to being able to use Spike to get one. Like I know I ordered a gas mask the moment I saw someone walking around with one on, I can only imagine it's setting off a chain reaction when people see my Inkling wearing it in their plaza and wanting it. It was hella expensive though so that could probably deter people.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Is there a list yet of what brands favor what skills? That's something I'd like to know before I start rerolling stuff.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Count Uvula posted:

4 I think? Roller, Krak-on Roller, Dynamo Roller, and Golden Dynamo Roller.

Yeah I think that's it, with the paintbrush coming very soon.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I wonder how fast and far some 3 star gear will germinate thanks to being able to use Spike to get one. Like I know I ordered a gas mask the moment I saw someone walking around with one on, I can only imagine it's setting off a chain reaction when people see my Inkling wearing it in their plaza and wanting it. It was hella expensive though so that could probably deter people.

I did this with a vest. I have yet to have 3 star gear show up in my stores.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

tidiox posted:

Splatoon really doesn't want me to play on the Rig, does it? I managed to get a single match on it yesterday for the maps changed. Other than that, it's never been in rotation when I've played even though I've had the game since release.

Please enjoy this Arowana Mall

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.
Has anyone seen a guide to things like Defense Up break points floating around? I was thinking of making a guide but if someone who's already unlocked everything has handled it then it'd be a bit of a waste.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green
So you're just supposed to get the Dynamo Roller from beating King Octobot normally, right? I can't seem to get it to spawn.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Susat posted:

So you're just supposed to get the Dynamo Roller from beating King Octobot normally, right? I can't seem to get it to spawn.

Gotta be the right level

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Chill Penguin posted:

Dosvidanya posted:

Dosvidanya is correct about the Disruptors. Chill Penguin, what you described was the Point Sensor, which is like a burst bomb that puts the Echolocator effect on anyone in the blast radius.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Susat posted:

It's dumb. There's a crate right after the second propeller platform you have to shoot that drops it.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Susat posted:

You have to find the scroll hidden in the level.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Gotta be the right level

Oops, I meant the blueprint. I'm level 20 but still haven't seen it spawn after beating him.

Dosvidanya posted:

It's dumb. There's a crate right after the second propeller platform you have to shoot that drops it.

Ah, alright. I'm not sure how I passed it over each time. Thanks!

Susat fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 1, 2015

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

So basically I'm going to have to beat the singleplayer four times to unlock all the amiibo content?

CatsPajamas
Jul 4, 2013

I hated the new Stupid Newbie avatar so much that I bought a new one for this user. Congrats, Lowtax.

Misandu posted:

Has anyone seen a guide to things like Defense Up break points floating around? I was thinking of making a guide but if someone who's already unlocked everything has handled it then it'd be a bit of a waste.

I did testing on this myself but unfortunately didn't document it. I haven't seen anything like this, but it would be awesome to see!

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Deviant posted:

So basically I'm going to have to beat the singleplayer four times to unlock all the amiibo content?

The amiibos give you approx 20 missions I heard

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Someone with a spare 3 pack let goons rent the Amiibo and pay like $5 and some beef jerky.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

zolthorg posted:

The amiibos give you approx 20 missions I heard

I have all 3 amiibos, and they each seem to have unique challenges? The boy was "complete singleplayer levels using the roller instead", and the girl had the same, but charger weapons.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Deviant posted:

I have all 3 amiibos, and they each seem to have unique challenges? The boy was "complete singleplayer levels using the roller instead", and the girl had the same, but charger weapons.

I heard it was total of 20 so maybe its just redoing some single player missions with certain ones? My three pack and others and all that are still in the mail because Canada never gets amiibos so I bought all mine online this wave, (only to find out our stores got plenty after-all )

Does anyone else want them to patch out the ugly robot armor from the Squid and put in something else?

Also how do I make sure my Miiverse drawing posts shows up on my Inkling in my friends Plazas? Am I just messing up by drawing the post right before the server changeover and that kicks it out? I had assumed from my first drawing I put up that it would stay there until I made a new post.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are we still offering ideas for thread titles that won't get used?

My suggestion is Splatoon: We go hard in the paint

I am absolutely loving the Krak-on roller right now. Love using the kraken to get as far to the other side as possible and then finding somewhere subtle to hide a beacon. I'm surprised this is working as well as it is tbh, maybe I'm just not playing against very good people at the minute.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'm still partial to "Goons in Splatoons" myself.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Deviant posted:

They each have 20 challenges, which are beat some of the single player levels with the Roller (Boy), Charger (girl) or speed run them (squid). Also you have to beat the bosses with those conditions. They unlock good equipment and I guess a second loading screen game.

Everything in single player is harder with the roller. Everything. The bosses are especially dumb.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Is there any way to cancel a Spyke order? I accidentally asked for two of the same kind of shoes from him and I don't want to wait 2 more days to pick another thing for him to steal find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.
I'm hoping for game modes that employ the sponges/ink rails etc from single player in some fashion.

(I want to inkstrike a bridge of sponges and watch puppies fall into the sea)

• Locked thread