Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPN4NSilQ_k

So uh.

Pretty sure this is the official music video for ending 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Dabir posted:

So uh.

Oh, Japan. :allears:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Dabir posted:

So uh.

I like the random quad-copter flying through the shot for no reason.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Anyone have a suggested build/some tips on Gem-Knight decks? I kind of like their play but I can't seem to get a good deck to come together.

Do you have a build? People should be able to see what you've got and give advice from there.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

I like the random quad-copter flying through the shot for no reason.

That's the camera for the sweeping shotd, surely. Looks like the idea might be "a bunch of pretty goobers making an amateur sentai".

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The new Raidraptor XYZ showcased during the last episode is utterly ridiculous. I almost hope it sees release with the anime effect just so someone can use it to break the game. :allears:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dabir posted:

So uh.

Look, if you want girls to watch your show in Japan, you get a dozen pretty young men, dress them up like Final Fantasy characters and have them dance around an airstrp. That's just how it works over there.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xoidanor posted:

The new Raidraptor XYZ showcased during the last episode is utterly ridiculous. I almost hope it sees release with the anime effect just so someone can use it to break the game. :allears:

It's going to be the Cowboy of the RRs.
Probably Tribute an RR/Set ATK to 0 and inflict (maybe half) of it's ATK.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

Look, if you want girls to watch your show in Japan, you get a dozen pretty young men, dress them up like Final Fantasy characters and have them dance around an airstrp. That's just how it works over there.

The fact that they are even aiming at a female audience is something I appreciate.

And I suppose that is better than having all the fanservice directed at a single gender, like it happens in the West.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

The fact that they are even aiming at a female audience is something I appreciate.

And I suppose that is better than having all the fanservice directed at a single gender, like it happens in the West.

The whole sentai thing is great. The shows are designed for young children, directly competing with Pokémon in the that block, but also designed to please their secondary audience, the young mothers watching alongside them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I like to think Yuzu and Selena at least was the staff collectively realizing "Oh, girls like this game too", but it was probably a coincidence.

The calendars they keep releasing in otomedia where Yuya's going on dates with all the other male members of the cast is definitely aimed at girls though. :v:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

VJeff posted:

I like to think Yuzu and Selena at least was the staff collectively realizing "Oh, girls like this game too", but it was probably a coincidence.

The calendars they keep releasing in otomedia where Yuya's going on dates with all the other male members of the cast is definitely aimed at girls though. :v:

You can't say something like that and not post it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

everythingWasBees posted:

You can't say something like that and not post it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Oh my god.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well.
Excuse me while I bust a gut.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

paradoxGentleman posted:

Yes, who would've thought that this series with pretty boy characters from the start had any appeal to women before.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

That's not canon.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

hahahah holy poo poo

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTaOl2dCRKc

Finally got this drat replay to be... well, acceptable. Doesn't make horrible thudding sounds to every beat but still looks kind of like vaseline was smeared all over it, and 720p is no different from 360 somehow. It's me clowning on some Nekroz guy who doesn't read cards with my planes.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

They aren't even being subtle about it.

E: if there isn't one with Gongenzaka I am going to be very cross. It's the bloody childhood friend!

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 1, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

:chanpop:

This makes me think Yoko was unironically designed to be a self-insert character for all the moms watching the show with their kids.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

^^^ no duh

hmm...i ship it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress Team Ragnarok and their dumb monsters.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Who?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

dogsicle posted:

^^^ no duh

hmm...i ship it

There's going to be a shot near the end of the series that is just going to be Michie and Dennis hugging in celebration, and Yoko's head along with those of a million squealing fangirls will simultaneously explode.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Beef Waifu posted:

gently caress Team Ragnarok and their dumb monsters.

Why watch those losers when the greatest character in all 5D's is back:

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

Those calendars are amazing.

This screenshot of Yuusei and a card showing his own hand exchanging cards with Yuya's hand has been circulating recently, thanks to the efforts of Director Ono. The card in question is 調和の宝札 or Cards of Consonance. I'm curious to know if anyone can figure out the face-up card within the card that Yuya is exchanging for two cards from Yuusei?

mistressminako fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 2, 2015

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

mistressminako posted:

Those calendars are amazing.

This screenshot of Yuusei and a card showing his own hand exchanging cards with Yuya's hand has been circulating recently, thanks to the efforts of Director Ono. The card in question is 調和の宝札 or Cards of Consonance. I'm curious to know if anyone can figure out the face-up card within the card that Yuya is exchanging for two cards from Yuusei?

Looks like The White Stone of Legend.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's White Stone of Legend. Also if that's Yuya then lol because that card has existed for like 6 years.

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

Thank you. I'm fairly certain that is Yuya. The fact that he's got a BEWD card just makes it all the better.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It's not Yuya. Cards of Consonance has been in the game for years. It's just a funny coincidence.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Maybe someone just thought really in advance. Or they actually took this card as base for Yuya's arm.

I mean, it's not like Arc-V is making any attempts at hiding that it really, really wants to be a sequel to 5D's. And I'm definitely not complaining, give me more Riding Duels. Give me Jack, they keep teasing him, I want Jack already.

Also Gongenzaka is the best and he's the Synchro user of the team. This episode was only even more proof he's the best. Illegal dueling is outrageous!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

There's going to be a shot near the end of the series that is just going to be Michie and Teppei hugging in celebration, and Yoko's head along with those of a million squealing fangirls will simultaneously explode.

ftfy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The ending of the Aporia fight was actually pretty coo, now to see again how Zone is the worst.

EDIT: WOW, for some reason the quality on this episode is just garbage for Crunchyroll. Even if the subs weren't the best pretty much all of the episodes looked nice. This just has stuttering and picture fuckery everytime someone moves.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

The ending of the Aporia fight was actually pretty coo, now to see again how Zone is the worst.

Which Aporia fight? Because there are like 4.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The first one

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

This week's Arc-V is a pretty fun episode.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dennis is a great character so I'm really hoping we don't get the heel-turn until the end of the season. That and Entermages own.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

That and Entermages own.

drat right they do. I can't wait to see more of their stuff printed in the real game, and it makes me incredibly happy to actually see them topping events in the OCG.

On that note, this week's OCG decklists are up!

http://ygorganization.com/ocg-06012015-ocg-japan-decklists/

A short list this week, with the usual standard things on it. Nekroz and Clownblade are still dominating the OCG, but it's neat the Clownblade deck that took first place wasn't using the same old Infinity plays that every rank 4 deck is using nowadays.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

This episode was really good and had great character moments: Yuya desperately trying to keep his team together, Gongenzaka being far too honorable for what he has to deal with, Kurosaki still a presumptuos piece of poo poo (I prefer his Raid Raptors when drawn in a more traditional style rather than CGI), Dennis who is basically a GoT character, just wonderful.

Which Raid Raptor card are you referring to when you say that it's horribly overpowered?