Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
AGAIN! It's even FN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

RoanHorse posted:

ESEA literally Office-Spaced its players at one point.

Mind explaining what this means? ESEA hypnotized themselves into not giving a gently caress and put a virus in to steal all the money from Valve?

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

It's a jumpscout to conclusions mat

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

YouTuber posted:

Mind explaining what this means? ESEA hypnotized themselves into not giving a gently caress and put a virus in to steal all the money from Valve?

Pretty sure he means that they pulled the scheme on their players. I'm assuming they mined a tiny amount from many people, like stealing fractions of a cent at a time from a company.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

YouTuber posted:

ESEA developed a feature for their mandatory anti-cheat software that would let users datamine as part of their collective and receive a greater cut of the returns on doing so than they would get if they used any of the more public services available for those operations. The motivation for the development of the feature was that ESEA adherents were likely to have high-end GPUs which are more efficient for bitcoin mining.
The feature was scrapped by an executive but somebody left it in, made it into an automated process with no way of opting out, and had all the mined data associated with their addresses so they could pocket all the profit. They got fired when this was found out iirc

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

Putting together a fun/surf server atm. Taking suggestions on maps, you can pm me, reply or send email alighierisa@gmail.com. As soon as I relearn sourcemod/metamod from source days when I last hosted a server. So far it's looking the same/terrible to work with as it used to be.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Jeza posted:

Seen people spinbot for months on end, dropped 80 frags a game and still don't get VAC banned.

like who

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

RoanHorse posted:

ESEA developed a feature for their mandatory anti-cheat software that would let users datamine as part of their collective and receive a greater cut of the returns on doing so than they would get if they used any of the more public services available for those operations. The motivation for the development of the feature was that ESEA adherents were likely to have high-end GPUs which are more efficient for bitcoin mining.
The feature was scrapped by an executive but somebody left it in, made it into an automated process with no way of opting out, and had all the mined data associated with their addresses so they could pocket all the profit. They got fired when this was found out iirc

Hah that is some brilliant poo poo. But no way would that work in the modern era with people spazzing about security and the gubment getting their dickpicks. I could totally envision that working back in the late 90s when CS first released though.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Picer posted:

AGAIN! It's even FN

And here I was happy that I uncased a MW Neon Rider today. :(

Congrats, though! I love Gut Knives and Dopper! :D

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

YouTuber posted:

Hah that is some brilliant poo poo. But no way would that work in the modern era with people spazzing about security and the gubment getting their dickpicks. I could totally envision that working back in the late 90s when CS first released though.

it was like last year

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

I think dopplers have a large chance of being FN and a very small chance of being MW. Some even cost more for the MW version due to this though how you can brag about that I dunno. Knives are weird.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Alighieri posted:

I think dopplers have a large chance of being FN and a very small chance of being MW. Some even cost more for the MW version due to this though how you can brag about that I dunno. Knives are weird.

The whole valve market is a psychological experiment on value attributed to perceived rarity.

Probably sponsored by Swarovski

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 1, 2015

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

Xenaero posted:

The whole valve market is a psychological experiment on value attributed to perceived rarity.

Probably sponsored by Swarovski

I tried understanding how Howl's can go down in value when there is a fixed amount of them and demand just keeps increasing. Then I remember this game is played by man children and babies. I am a man child.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://vid.me/eNpe

A Russian's guide to MM, including vital advice on how to pretend like you're not Russian

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Goonman pistol ace: http://gfycat.com/SaneSpiritedHatchetfish

No kit tho

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
drat everyone in arms race thinks you are hacking when you shoot their red outline through a wall.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Xenaero posted:

drat everyone in arms race thinks you are hacking when you shoot their red outline through a wall.

The outlines don't show up for a handful of people on old AMD and integrated graphics cards so they actually think this

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

UltraVariant posted:

And here I was happy that I uncased a MW Neon Rider today. :(

Congrats, though! I love Gut Knives and Dopper! :D

Apparently it's even a black pearl? Rarest type it seems.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TtDragonsJNZ/
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198195740142
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198185586245
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198216414028
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198160741976

Just for starters. Not that it's much use, because you can't check their demos so it's a moot point. 2-3 of these were spinbots, others were WH and trigger. Check the first guy - got a wall of comments. He's been playing since September 2014, cheating the whole time.

To move back onto how wrong you are about how VAC works rather than deflecting me like a child, every single one of the recent ban waves comes on the back of hacks being leaked directly to Valve, rather than VAC sitting on players with unreal aiming and stats then bringing the pain. Case in point, a small banwave just hit my list. They were all using a cheat, with it advertised in their names. Checking their forums, all of them are hating on some kid who leaked it to Valve. If Valve did detect unrealistic scores and motions, spinbots wouldn't exist. There's no need to have sleeper banwaves with them, because they are generally used on expendable accounts to boost.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Why do people continue to argue with pengy?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Turk February posted:

Why do people continue to argue with pengy?

I offer counter strike wisdom to all god's children, even those who have strayed far from the path.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

RoanHorse posted:

Except it was not just left in by a rogue admin. lpkane knew about it and authorized it.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I think the cycles are moving too quickly now

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013

Jeza posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/TtDragonsJNZ/
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198195740142
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198185586245
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198216414028
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198160741976

Just for starters. Not that it's much use, because you can't check their demos so it's a moot point. 2-3 of these were spinbots, others were WH and trigger. Check the first guy - got a wall of comments. He's been playing since September 2014, cheating the whole time.

To move back onto how wrong you are about how VAC works rather than deflecting me like a child, every single one of the recent ban waves comes on the back of hacks being leaked directly to Valve, rather than VAC sitting on players with unreal aiming and stats then bringing the pain. Case in point, a small banwave just hit my list. They were all using a cheat, with it advertised in their names. Checking their forums, all of them are hating on some kid who leaked it to Valve. If Valve did detect unrealistic scores and motions, spinbots wouldn't exist. There's no need to have sleeper banwaves with them, because they are generally used on expendable accounts to boost.

lol if you think im reading any of this

stop whining and have a little patience, no anticheat is perfect

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

I think the cycles are moving too quickly now

The CS scene has exploded while the goon community has decayed into a rapidly spinning white dwarf pulsar. Another year or two and the CS:Goons will collapse into a singularity and The One True 1337 pWnSt@r will be born.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Picer posted:

Apparently it's even a black pearl? Rarest type it seems.

Pretty sure thats a phase 3 from the screenshot. Look up the guide to the thumbnails to be sure, though.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Probably no-one cares at all, but after all the posts about people not getting banned, this guy got banned today after about a week. Now he has a very non-incriminating 5 VAC bans on his account, lol.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Necc0 posted:

The CS scene has exploded while the goon community has decayed into a rapidly spinning white dwarf pulsar. Another year or two and the CS:Goons will collapse into a singularity and The One True 1337 pWnSt@r will be born.

I dunno. I'm late to the goon scene but we pug every night for multiple hours except as of late when the server has been lovely.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Audax posted:

Except it was not just left in by a rogue admin. lpkane knew about it and authorized it.

What the gently caress? And people still trust the ESEA!?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

RoanHorse posted:

What the gently caress? And people still trust the ESEA!?

No but yes

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:
Is there some easy place to look up the different variants of a knife skin? Like the Black Pearl/ Phase 3 being talked about.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Sorry for the mobile link, but this guy has videos of most knives. Case hardened and fades are pretty varied, though.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCK6nKuup9yBVz8wibf9Gxbg

Michi88
Sep 15, 2012

Still a Pubbie Magnet
How does it work!?
:livintrope:

sleppy posted:

Sorry for the mobile link, but this guy has videos of most knives. Case hardened and fades are pretty varied, though.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCK6nKuup9yBVz8wibf9Gxbg

All good and thanks for the link, will give it a good look over as i was trying to figure out what my BF Fade was. I'd get a good screenshot but i'm still waiting for a steam password reset, on day 7 of waiting.

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

Elman posted:

Again, you don't need to be ESEA to stop cheaters. You just need to make cheating less fun (ie don't let cheaters buy a $2 account and dive straight into matchmaking).

It's weird that Valve hasn't fixed this. Since I clearly remember having to play close to a hundred non-ranked games of Dota 2 before I was able to do ranked play. Same is true for almost all other MOBAs. And there is no reason they can't do something similar for a fps with a ranking system.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The reason valve hasnt done that is because for csgo they make $15 every time someone buys a smurf/hack account to jump right into matchmaking.

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

sleppy posted:

Pretty sure thats a phase 3 from the screenshot. Look up the guide to the thumbnails to be sure, though.

I thought it looked like a black pearl, but colors and me don't get along so i couldn't say for sure.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Picer posted:

I thought it looked like a black pearl, but colors and me don't get along so i couldn't say for sure.

iirc you have to inspect in game -- the image in ye stream inv is a generic image. your knife looks different in game.

edit: don't trust my bad advice
edit 2: after some armchair appraising for your screen shots, I say that it's probably a phase 3. post some in game images with some lighting and see if there's any dark purple.

Rite Of Massage fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jun 2, 2015

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

down with slavery posted:

lol if you think im reading any of this

stop whining and have a little patience, no anticheat is perfect

I claimed otherwise? Your mother phoned me and told me you don't need to play the tough guy anymore since dad died. It's gonna be alright :sympathy:

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Smithereens posted:

iirc you have to inspect in game -- the image in ye stream inv is a generic image. your knife looks different in game.

edit: don't trust my bad advice
edit 2: after some armchair appraising for your screen shots, I say that it's probably a phase 3. post some in game images with some lighting and see if there's any dark purple.

Will do!

edit: Hm, can see alot more in the right light.

Picer fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Lively and balanced this knife skin shows excellent potential. I unboxed it and played a few rounds right away and found that it had a complex, well-structured wear pattern. I got a frag with it after 2 games and the animation was supple and elegant with a hint of oak.

• Locked thread