Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Monomythian posted:

Its easier to do good damage as a Gunner but you can potentially do more damage as a Zerker.

Lancers are for crazy players who want to face block 1 hit KO attacks every 5 seconds so don't pick one unless that sounds fun to you. (It's the best though)

I also enjoy chaining multiple players together and then divebombing them with my Shield as a Lancer in Battlegrounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

Monomythian posted:

Its easier to do good damage as a Gunner but you can potentially do more damage as a Zerker.

Lancers are for crazy players who want to face block 1 hit KO attacks every 5 seconds so don't pick one unless that sounds fun to you. (It's the best though)

Lancers are for brave and noble warriors. Behold:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Why does everyone play those anime animal things instead of the badass rock dudes? Or hell the lizard race is pretty awesome too.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

What about both

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

WarLocke posted:

Why does everyone play those anime animal things instead of the badass rock dudes? Or hell the lizard race is pretty awesome too.

Something something "IT'S NEW AND EXCITING AND" I really dunno why.

Plus race-exclusive classes exist somehow.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

widespread posted:

Plus race-exclusive classes exist somehow.

Yeah I wish I could make a rockman gunner. :argh:

What's tanking like in this game? I might try a lancer...

brennon
Sep 15, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Aman ARE cool, and I'm genuinely surprised there's so few. Popori also have the lowest play rate next to Baraka, the game is well over 60% castanic, human and elf women (also elin).

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Blorknorg posted:

At 65 you'll receive the outfit from the Gunner loading screen which is more like a Mass Effect costume than underwear.

Only if you hit 65 before June 2nd, there's no way to get it after that I think.

widespread posted:

gently caress.

Oh well. I GUESS I'll get used to this alleged ~*~*~*~super sexy spellslinging~*~*~*~ I'm stuck with.

If you're going to complain about ab and tittay tera is the wrong game for you.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

WarLocke posted:

What's tanking like in this game? I might try a lancer...

Extremely satisfying compared to tab target MMOs.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The most disappointing thing about Amani is that male ones can be any color of the rainbow but female ones are restricted to basically slightly bluer regular human skin tones. Also they don't get pimp coats like male Amani do.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Anatharon posted:

Only if you hit 65 before June 2nd, there's no way to get it after that I think.

If you're going to complain about ab and tittay tera is the wrong game for you.

I'm not complaining. I'm just... used to leg armor? Yeah, way used to leg armor being a thing.

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010

Anatharon posted:

When you complete the story quest, you get the idoneal set, which has the same base look. It doesn't have the stuff in the back, and has a black/gold base color (though it is dyeable).

You can also get this same look if you spend 250 (I think) fashion coupons for the idoneal hauberk.

Just keep in mind that previews are currently broken for gunners with regard to dye and some fashion coupon sets.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Eh, if you're playing a Gunner you'll find that most of your outfits will, in fact, have pants once you get off of starter island. Once you get a fashion coupon you can click on it to look through the armor skins a Gunner will have open to them; most of them will be unavailable, but most of those are the really fanservicey ones so I don't think you'll mind.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

widespread posted:

I'm not complaining. I'm just... used to leg armor? Yeah, way used to leg armor being a thing.

Good news friend, in a few levels you will get pants.

However you will be giving up your shirt.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Anatharon posted:

Good news friend, in a few levels you will get pants.

However you will be giving up your shirt.

Sweet, I get pants so- Wait. What.

Oh gently caress it all. I'm just gonna embrace this poo poo and not play Tasteful Fashion Gunner this early on.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Just collect your fashion coupons and buy some body slot piece with pants that you like and you will see that when equipped, regardless of what actual armor your wearing.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

Just collect your fashion coupons and buy some body slot piece with pants that you like and you will see that when equipped, regardless of what actual armor your wearing.

That's the idea I'm going for now. Just out of curiosity, is it really a fuckload of coupons per dungeon clear? And are the cosmetic override costs steep?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

widespread posted:

That's the idea I'm going for now. Just out of curiosity, is it really a fuckload of coupons per dungeon clear? And are the cosmetic override costs steep?

I only did the first dungeon a couple times, and I got 5 coupons per clear. Seems like either later dungeons give more or you gotta grind em out.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
So is Mana Missles completely useless or is it just me?

re; fashion coupons: It's not something you're supposed to grind out, really.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

widespread posted:

Normally it's 5, I think it's 10 if you're elite, and at some point you'll get a free 1-day voucher for elite. While yes you probably shouldn't try to grind it out, they add up pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure you get the same amount whether you solo a dungeon or complete it in a team.

Anatharon posted:

So is Mana Missles completely useless or is it just me?

What's useless about it, it's a good opener and looks awesome?

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

It's filler for when arcane barrage/replenishment are on cooldown. It's feels pretty awkward to use imo, and doesn't have the meaty satisfying feel that scattershot has.

One little thing it took me a while to realise on my gunner was that the HB summon actually does pretty decent damage when it lands.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

You're charging the mana missiles, right? I was in the level 50s before I realized that...

Also, you can spend Federation bills for fashion coupons at a 1:1 trade at the Federation Bills guy.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Also the daily login federation bills can be traded 1:1 for fashion coupons.

efb

Flesh Forge posted:

Normally it's 5, I think it's 10 if you're elite, and at some point you'll get a free 1-day voucher for elite. While yes you probably shouldn't try to grind it out, they add up pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure you get the same amount whether you solo a dungeon or complete it in a team.

What's useless about it, it's a good opener and looks awesome?

You have to charge it, it costs mana and it does pretty pathetic damage.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

It really isn't pathetic damage though. It's your second biggest hitter after arcane barrage (not including the willpower abilities). Take a look at the base damage on the skill and multiply by 5.

hit button fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 2, 2015

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Anatharon posted:

Also the daily login federation bills can be traded 1:1 for fashion coupons.

You can do this, but be aware there's a vendor that sells mounts and other poo poo for these also.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

hit button posted:

It really isn't pathetic damage though. It's your second biggest hitter after arcane barrage (not including the willpower abilities). Take a look at the base damage on the skill and multiply by 5.

It never seems to do much. Maybe I just need more levels.

Speaking of leveling, I won't be able to get my gunner to 65 by noon today. Is there any lookalikes for the will suit or whatever I can grab for my gunner or is it unique?

If there isn't any, I hope they'll add a way of getting it later.

Turbosnowy
Nov 8, 2007
At 65 you'll get the idoneal armour set for the gunner which is 95% the same as the Thetan will armour, but is of a nicer colour scheme and doesn't have janky wing things on the back, so all in all the standard armour look is better than the super special prize costume in my opinion - so basically if you did not manage to get the will suit before the event ended, you havn't missed out on anything really...

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

As my priest comes up on level 60 I keep getting teams of melee DPS dudes who try to aggro as many things as possible, facetank all of it and dodge/block nothing, and then get mad at me because I can't keep all of them on their feet. I'm actually happier with gunners because so far I don't think I've ever had one bitch.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

There's a lot of distracting stuff when you're playing as melee, bear with us. :v:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

[image of castanic or elin butt]

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Flesh Forge posted:

As my priest comes up on level 60 I keep getting teams of melee DPS dudes who try to aggro as many things as possible, facetank all of it and dodge/block nothing, and then get mad at me because I can't keep all of them on their feet. I'm actually happier with gunners because so far I don't think I've ever had one bitch.

As a Lancer I loving hate these guys. "Oh let me just iframe ahead of you and grab agro on all of this everything PRIEST WHY AM I DYING DO YOUR JOB WHY AREN'T THEY STUCK ON THE TANK YOU SUCK AT LANCER!" :psyboom:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yeah I hear " omg tank sucks" a lot too.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
More free codes for cosmetic 1-character items.

bandanarama
taketheredpill
moarcowbell!

https://www.facebook.com/TERAonline

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

tearshed posted:

bandanarama
taketheredpill
moarcowbell!

There a running list of codes for cosmetic stuff? Or do they eventually deactivate?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

tearshed posted:

bandanarama
taketheredpill
moarcowbell!

Does taketheredpill give you a fedora?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Remember when bastardizing The Matrix and its terms was the sole provenance of insane David Icke groupies and anti-Semites? How I long for those halcyon days.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Anatharon posted:

Does taketheredpill give you a fedora?

Gives you black sunglasses, sadly.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I just started this today, and the first thing I noticed is the tiny, tiny UI text.

In the options, I saw the scales for the combat UI components, and the item window has a tab that can scale that up, but is there any way to increase the font size so I'm not squinting at tiny dialogue boxes all day?

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.

Brain In A Jar posted:

I just started this today, and the first thing I noticed is the tiny, tiny UI text.

In the options, I saw the scales for the combat UI components, and the item window has a tab that can scale that up, but is there any way to increase the font size so I'm not squinting at tiny dialogue boxes all day?

You should be able to right click each tab itself and set font options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

For some reason when I started I did not like Berserker at all, but now I've started one as my fifth character and the Berserker gameplay feels really awesome. I'm not super fond of the mana management problems (supposedly getting better next patch) and being less mobile than warrior isn't so great but wow, berserkers hit like trucks loaded with smaller trucks.

For people who are huge fags for having a lot of alts, you'll be happy to know that leveling to 65 you make enough money to play for another character slot slot voucher ingame, with a lot left over.

• Locked thread