Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Ok, So, I know I'm opening up a massive can-o-worms, but I want to make my characters look visually better with their textures and poo poo BUT I don't really want them to look like loving super models / wade through the nexus's idea of 'enhanced body' mods.

Seriously the main modding resources don't even try on this front, there's no section for it on GEMS or anything and I'm kinda conflicted like maybe I shouldn't bother, maybe this is the fuckin' road to hell...

Basically what I'm asking is is there any mods out there that will buff my looks / customisability with minimal conflicts that also won't make me want to alt-tab when someone walks into my room... I've got Race-menu and digitigrade argonians and catmans but that's about all I can think of that'd conflict.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Motherfucker posted:

Ok, So, I know I'm opening up a massive can-o-worms, but I want to make my characters look visually better with their textures and poo poo BUT I don't really want them to look like loving super models / wade through the nexus's idea of 'enhanced body' mods.

Seriously the main modding resources don't even try on this front, there's no section for it on GEMS or anything and I'm kinda conflicted like maybe I shouldn't bother, maybe this is the fuckin' road to hell...

Basically what I'm asking is is there any mods out there that will buff my looks / customisability with minimal conflicts that also won't make me want to alt-tab when someone walks into my room... I've got Race-menu and digitigrade argonians and catmans but that's about all I can think of that'd conflict.

For textures, I'd suggest trying out Xenius Character Enhancement, Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures, XCE - Warpaint and Dirt, High Resolution Scars, MacKoms Real Skin for Men (not a link to a body wash commercial), Coverkhajiits - HD Khajiit face retextures, Hvegelmir's Beard retexture, and one of these brow retextures.

For various character-based stuff that may or may not be strictly relevant there's XCE - Scarface, Pumping Iron - Dynamic Muscle Growth, Bowlegged jump animation Fix, 360 Walk and Run Plus, Bald head, Bandit eyepatch.

I haven't really found much more than that, because there's a lot of stuff to dig through, and frankly I'm not sure I'd want to know what I'd find if I did so.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 1, 2015

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
To be clear, what SaveTool does is remove references to scripts that are no longer present in your Skyrim install. Your game attempts to run these scripts and, upon trying to activate them in a way that doesn't work anymore, causes a CTD. Such scripts are left behind for three main reasons:

1) You uninstalled a mod and it left unused scripts in the save (anything requiring SKSE will usually do this)
2 )You uninstalled a mod and a script is still trying to interact with it (i.e.using a follower behavior mod and removing a follower without dismissing the follower first)
3) You upgraded a mod and it left unused scripts in the save (sloppy coding and/or not performing a readme upgrade in most cases)

The correct order of usage is: Ideally, uninstall any mods you recently upgraded, save/load to get variables related to those mods out of the save, then run SaveTool to clean house. You will likely lose any progress associated with a mod that doesn't write things to a separate file. Run SaveTool and Fix Script Instances >> Delete all # >> Clean Other >> Delete Broken Actives >> Advanced >> Remove scripts tied to noexistant created forms (deleted temporary objects/NPCs like conjured creatures and radiant events).

If it's still crashing, use the nuclear option of "Remove scripts having invalid variables," but this could also delete valid scripts that have terrible coding, breaking certain things.

Varance fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 1, 2015

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

ThaumPenguin posted:

For textures, I'd suggest trying out Xenius Character Enhancement, Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures, XCE - Warpaint and Dirt, High Resolution Scars, MacKoms Real Skin for Men (not a link to a body wash commercial), Coverkhajiits - HD Khajiit face retextures, Hvegelmir's Beard retexture, and one of these brow retextures.

For various character-based stuff that may or may not be strictly relevant there's XCE - Scarface, Pumping Iron - Dynamic Muscle Growth, Bowlegged jump animation Fix, 360 Walk and Run Plus, Bald head, Bandit eyepatch.

I haven't really found much more than that, because there's a lot of stuff to dig through, and frankly I'm not sure I'd want to know what I'd find if I did so.

Quoting this post for later.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I was watching Novajam's Gray Cowl of Nocturnal video, and is the sword used in the video from a mod, and if so what mod?

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Im running about 150 mods at this point, and I decided to start the standard intro after setting all my mods how i want. I forgot I had Frostfall going and froze to death before getting to the chopping block. I woke up in the wilderness somewhere next to a campfire where I was 'saved' from freezing to death, only for a werewolf added by immersive creatures or something eat my face with my hands still tied. :allears:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Some random starts of Skyrim Unbound can be just as absurd. My current guy started out as some sort of a shipwreck survivor, next to a fire in a crude lean-to stuck on a small island in the Sea of Ghosts, a straight shot north from Saarthal, wearing nothing but bare Imperial clinky-steel that doesn't retain any heat whatsoever.

After having to swim through below-freezing water to reach the shore, I was in a bit of a rush to find the closest cave-like thing to warm up and dry off in. It was to my benefit that Frostfall considers absolutely all interior spaces, from castles to ice caverns, warm and dry.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

scamtank posted:

Some random starts of Skyrim Unbound can be just as absurd. My current guy started out as some sort of a shipwreck survivor, next to a fire in a crude lean-to stuck on a small island in the Sea of Ghosts, a straight shot north from Saarthal, wearing nothing but bare Imperial clinky-steel that doesn't retain any heat whatsoever.

After having to swim through below-freezing water to reach the shore, I was in a bit of a rush to find the closest cave-like thing to warm up and dry off in. It was to my benefit that Frostfall considers absolutely all interior spaces, from castles to ice caverns, warm and dry.

I had a similar experience with Frostfall and Alternate Start - Live Another Life. Started as a Khajiit on a sunken ship in the Sea of Ghosts, swam inland to an ice cavern and then immediately started suplexing ghosts.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

ThaumPenguin posted:

I had a similar experience with Frostfall and Alternate Start - Live Another Life. Started as a Khajiit on a sunken ship in the Sea of Ghosts, swam inland to an ice cavern and then immediately started suplexing ghosts.

That ship didn't wreck itself. It just ran out of Skooma. :unsmigghh:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThaumPenguin posted:

FAIR WARNING, XCE had some problems last time I tried it. Namely, the problem is that the textures are goddamn loving huge to the point it harmed my performance the first time I tried just the eyes. They are considerably more enormous than is necessary. I certainly like their work, but holy hell, nobody needs eye textures that are like 4K pixels wide.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Hrm. Doing the Wabbajack quest. When I get to the "Night Terrors" portion, no enemies spawn when I wabbajack sleeping Pelagius. Big red mist shows up, but nothing happens or spawns. Any fix to that?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
I'm having a strange issue now where launching SKSE via MO makes Steam pop up and promptly forget everything contained in MO. I couldn't find anything on MO's Nexus page that might explain why it's suddenly doing this. Any ideas?

EDIT: A restart of my machine fixed this, so :ms:

BlackIronHeart fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 2, 2015

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Heads up to all my homies: I just posted a pretty major update to Immersive Laundry.

This is the first actually "finished" version with all the areas I wanted to cover in the vanilla game complete, and compatibility worked out with most major city/town overhaul mods.

I also managed to get "real" water in the wash tubs, which looks so ridiculously better it's kind of staggering. I had to swallow my pride and hand off the meshes to a way better modeler to get that done. No regrets!

In the process of updating this mod over time, the file structure got extremely messy, and I finally shuffled all the related files into a configuration that made some sense.

And then of course there's more laundry. Who doesn't love more laundry?

edit: have a pretty picture:

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jun 2, 2015

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
If I follow STEP v2.2.9 Extended word-for-word, how much work do I have to do to add SPERG and make it play nice?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
install sperg, enjoy

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Dohaeris posted:

Hrm. Doing the Wabbajack quest. When I get to the "Night Terrors" portion, no enemies spawn when I wabbajack sleeping Pelagius. Big red mist shows up, but nothing happens or spawns. Any fix to that?

Eh, just console completed the quest and it spit me back into the Blue Palace with the quest complete in my log and Wabbajack in my inventory. Should be okay, right? Trying to finish the last few achievements I need, like Get 15 Daedric Artifacts.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

"Kill me."

Pretty sure I can see her bare waist there. The gently caress man.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
I've followed STEP v2.2.9 to the letter with the exception of adding Books of Skyrim. I'm at the part where I'm supposed to run the Dual Sheath Redux patch in Mid Organizer. I found the jar file in the "Data" tab and added it as an executable. It's showing up in my executables menu with the Java icon next to it. Java is up to date. When I run it, thought, I don't get any sort of dialogue box asking whether I want to patch. I think it's running and immediately closing maybe? I get as far as MO locking and announcing that it was running javaw.exe, then it closes and I'm back to the MO main screen. Anyone know what might be happening?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Michaellaneous posted:

"Kill me."

Pretty sure I can see her bare waist there. The gently caress man.

That's a towel hanging at her waist. You're looking at a simple retexture of the tavern wench outfit. She might show a little ankle though, so stay away from Solitude if you don't want to be utterly scandalized! And definitely don't get anywhere near the Forsworn, or your delicate sensibilities may never recover from the shock.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

OSheaman posted:

I've followed STEP v2.2.9 to the letter with the exception of adding Books of Skyrim. I'm at the part where I'm supposed to run the Dual Sheath Redux patch in Mid Organizer. I found the jar file in the "Data" tab and added it as an executable. It's showing up in my executables menu with the Java icon next to it. Java is up to date. When I run it, thought, I don't get any sort of dialogue box asking whether I want to patch. I think it's running and immediately closing maybe? I get as far as MO locking and announcing that it was running javaw.exe, then it closes and I'm back to the MO main screen. Anyone know what might be happening?

I'm having this same issue. In my case though I decided to add a couple of new mods and deleted my old DSR patch. Trying to run the patcher now doesn't actually work. I did recently update mod organizer and loot to the newest versions, but not sure if that could cause it.
I tried reinstalling java and dual sheath redux... I ended up removing dsr for now.

EDIT
this fixed it for me...

"Hello guys I have been having the same issues you had regarding MO screwing Skyproc Patchers because one of its dll files is bugged. To solve this problem you must download the rar file of MO v1.35 and ONLY extract the hook.dll file and nothing else. Then place it inside the MO folder of version 1.36. That way you'll be able to use any java-based Skyproc Patcher like Reproccer, the one here, among others. Hope this helps."

Mr.Grit fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 2, 2015

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

OSheaman posted:

If I follow STEP v2.2.9 Extended word-for-word, how much work do I have to do to add SPERG and make it play nice?

STEP doesn't have many changes to gameplay besides bugfixes and simple improvements IIRC so I don't see why there'd be a problem.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Mr.Grit posted:

I'm having this same issue. In my case though I decided to add a couple of new mods and deleted my old DSR patch. Trying to run the patcher now doesn't actually work. I did recently update mod organizer and loot to the newest versions, but not sure if that could cause it.
I tried reinstalling java and dual sheath redux... I ended up removing dsr for now.

EDIT
this fixed it for me...

"Hello guys I have been having the same issues you had regarding MO screwing Skyproc Patchers because one of its dll files is bugged. To solve this problem you must download the rar file of MO v1.35 and ONLY extract the hook.dll file and nothing else. Then place it inside the MO folder of version 1.36. That way you'll be able to use any java-based Skyproc Patcher like Reproccer, the one here, among others. Hope this helps."

Does this issue affect MO 1.35, or does 1.35 solve it? That is, after installing MO 1.35 with the installer, should I grab the RAR and follow the step above?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Ynglaur posted:

Does this issue affect MO 1.35, or does 1.35 solve it? That is, after installing MO 1.35 with the installer, should I grab the RAR and follow the step above?

I'm think you're ok with the 1.35 installer. Try running the dual sheath redux patcher, if you're using it. It won't open if your hook.dll is bad. It'll just pop a cmd window and dump you back to MO.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

ThaumPenguin posted:

You're a legend. This is good stuff right here.

Anyway now I'm having a different Sky-dillemma in that after installing sperg and the requisite mods I'm getting weird, progress loving bugs.

For instance: I can't insert key items into podiums, the stones around the dawnguard courtyard? NO, the beacon of meridia? gently caress OFF, NO. The dwarven round ball key too blackreach? NO

I started a new game for this playthrough but this poo poo is weird, additionally, whenever I load my game I'm getting stuff that happened too me 'catching up' so to speak, like I'll load a game and suddenly I'll get vampirism, take a ton of damage and receive some quest rewards at random like "what the gently caress just happened?"

I also installed the Nexus Mod Manager, I didn't want too but fuckin' SMIM, I really wanted SMIM

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jun 3, 2015

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Sounds like a bad case of script lag. Try the save game script scalpel.

Also, MO has zero problem installing SMIM.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I was watching Novajam's Gray Cowl of Nocturnal video, and is the sword used in the video from a mod, and if so what mod?

That's Insanity's Ebony Sword Replacer: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37645/

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
What are those mods that generally improve werewolves and vampires? I still need those "get 11 perks" achievements for both of them.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Dohaeris posted:

What are those mods that generally improve werewolves and vampires? I still need those "get 11 perks" achievements for both of them.

Better Vampires or Vampiric Thirst for vampires, Moonlight Tales for werewolves. If you use Moonlight Tales be sure to turn off all the NPC events because it doesn't care where it spawns them and getting attacked by a werebear that spawns in on you just because you went through a door is not a very nice surprise.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Moonlight Tales is hot garbage, and kind of outdated, imo.

I am using Moonlight Tales essentials, (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59463/) which is a bit better, more updated, and a "cleaner" implementation, I think.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Can anyone think of any reason why the Bound Dagger "noisy fix" from the unofficial dragonborn patch wouldn't be working properly?

In terms of mods that affect this area I've got: the unofficial dragonborn patch (and other unofficial patches), SPERG, Apocalypse spells, community uncapper, alternate start, Jaxon's blink teleport and master of time and space.

The unofficial patches and main game ESMs are loaded first, then everything else according to LOOT.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Entropy238 posted:

Can anyone think of any reason why the Bound Dagger "noisy fix" from the unofficial dragonborn patch wouldn't be working properly?
Load up your loadorder in TES5Edit and see which of your mods mess with the Bound Dagger form.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Better Vampires is what I was thinking of, but wasn't there a simpler Werewolf mod that just improved the perks to make them not lovely? I am running SPERG. Moonlight Tales looks okay, but a bit too expansive for what I really need. If that's the accepted good one it'll work though.

outlander2525
Jul 28, 2012

Dohaeris posted:

Better Vampires is what I was thinking of, but wasn't there a simpler Werewolf mod that just improved the perks to make them not lovely? I am running SPERG. Moonlight Tales looks okay, but a bit too expansive for what I really need. If that's the accepted good one it'll work though.

I just added this werewolf perk expansion mod. Werewolf Perks Expanded - Dawnguard It seems to do what it says it does, just improve WW perks.

I spent my playtime in Skyrim tonight running around eating people. Yummy.

Edit: I am running SPERG and there are no noted conflicts, which is unsurprising as SPERG doesn't mess with WW perks.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
OK would a smart person be willing to walk me through how I might be able to merge Lore-Based Loading Screens and the various Uncle Sheogorath mods out there so I can have a huge variety of loading screens rather than getting locked in to just the Uncle Sheogorath ones?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

OSheaman posted:

OK would a smart person be willing to walk me through how I might be able to merge Lore-Based Loading Screens and the various Uncle Sheogorath mods out there so I can have a huge variety of loading screens rather than getting locked in to just the Uncle Sheogorath ones?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37981/

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Found out what my issue was with the bound daggers and SPERG/the unofficial Dragonborn patch and for posterity's sake I'll explain what the problem was.

In the Vanilla game bound daggers are mistakenly set to "normal" where they should be "silent" (they also gain one handed damage increases, which they probably shouldn't). The unofficial Dragonborne patch fixes the "silent" issue.

Like Vanilla SPERG adds different bound weapons to the game based on what perks you've taken in the conjuration tree (best are Oblivion daggers). From what I've gathered fiddling around in the Construction kit these are entirely new items; hence, the changes in the unofficial Dragonborn patch won't apply.

I then went back to the construction kit and changed the SPERG bound daggers to silent, saved, and that fixed the problem.

Now I've got my OP silent bound daggers and everything is fixed.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
To apply the unofficial patches do I just download them and load them in with NMM?

I've only got a few mods installed. Will adding the unofficial patch require me to start a new game?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Blimpkin posted:

To apply the unofficial patches do I just download them and load them in with NMM?

I've only got a few mods installed. Will adding the unofficial patch require me to start a new game?

I can't give you a sure answer because I've been using MO for the little bit I've done, but yeah you should be able to load them in just like any other mod, the only important part being they get put in the load order really early, like right after the DLC entries, so they can be overwritten where applicable by later mods.

Not sure about the saves.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Generally, the unofficial patches are written in such a way that they're fine to add to a game in progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
I don't mind starting over, as I've barely even begun at this point, I just don't want to load to a CTD or something. I'll apply the patches after the DLC but before the HiRes.

• Locked thread