Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Money
Feb 24, 2007
I'm a fancy lad.

this kind of knowledge and application of the classics is what gives me faith in the youth of today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

And of course, the long lost punchline: "Excuse me, ma'am, but you're sucking on my elbow."

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

15 is also my limit on schnitzlegruben

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Jesus, Dennis, what's wrong with your neck?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Prince Valiant

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

That teaser box! :neckbeard:

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

DC Money posted:

this kind of knowledge and application of the classics is what gives me faith in the youth of today.

Thanks!

(But I'm... not the youth of today. :corsair:)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Kelly is so evil she does evil things and people think she's the good guy. It's diabolical. I'm impressed.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well that was all interesting talk about that one wiki. Didn't even get a chance to look at it this morning cuz I was running late for work. Good point too A Hungry Mouth, those were probably the strips I would read since this was the 90s when I'd visit my grandparents.

Anyways!

Rose is Rose

Compu-Toon

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

OK, there's no way Moy isn't doing this intentionally now, right? She couldn't be writing Adam this creepy without meaning to.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

No problem getting Rocky's approval. You just need to invite him over for another burnt steak dinner.

9 Chickweed Lane

That's the expected response to seeing Brooke's artwork.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

"I'm glad we're friends. Please don't put me into a box in your closet."

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jun 1, 2015

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban didn't update.

9 Chickweed Lane 6/1/2004

:stare: poo poo's gettin' weird here, Brooke.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

That looks painful.

My screen cap software decided to unregister itself, so I'll catch up with Nemi a little later after I fix it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

My screen cap software decided to unregister itself, so I'll catch up with Nemi a little later after I fix it.

Windows has a built in program called "Snipping Tool" that's very simple, but works a treat.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Digital tool problems, huh?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set cares about what others think.

Working Daze is consistently bad.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix decries evolution.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix decries evolution.

Not sure if this is an anti-science comic or a "the stupid people are breeding" comic.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

Windows has a built in program called "Snipping Tool" that's very simple, but works a treat.

Aw, cool! Thanks for that! Metro uses some sort of a viewer for their online edition, and none of my other screen cap stuff would work except for MOVAVI which I use for video capture also.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

Not sure if this is an anti-science comic or a "the stupid people are breeding" comic.

Pretty sure it's the latter. A comment on the quiverfull movement.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Considering it's the Tom the Dancing Bug guy, I'd say the second one.

Skippy (April 2, 1928)

I dunno, bud, sometimes you gotta go through some pain for the reward.

Peanuts (June 10, 1968)

As always, should any panel of this comic strip be caught or killed, GoComics will deny any knowledge of your actions.

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Miss Bunny Bank is about to become Bunny Bread.

That's what I said. Bunny Bread.

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 8-9, 1927)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The lighter side of inadequate eye protection.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

god mandrake is such dumb bullshit. i love it.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

goatface posted:

I can't even loving imagine how painful that would be. A friend of mine's father had the same thing happen, and the Ophthalmologist opted to leave it in place because of potential damage removing it could cause. It was about 1/8 of an inch long. Once it healed over, it never bothered him, and after that, he had a pretty rad looking right eye that would glint in the sunlight if the angle was right.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

That's no freakin' joke. My great-ish-something-grandfather worked in a machine shop at the time of this comic, and he had a nice chunk of steel fly off and permanently blind him in one eye.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

The world asks WHO IS THIS MYSTERIOUS HOODED MAoh nevermind it's her brother.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A lot of metalworkers still get them. Supposedly to the extent that their eyes can set off metal detectors.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

All I can do is Stare in Awe Comix.

I guess Poncho got his worm shot, but we didn't need to see it.

That's not far off from how some dogs actually react to magic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Db6JZHh0SA

The smarter dogs freak out, the dumb ones just try to eat the thing, and the smartest doesn't give the magician a chance to do the trick.

Ballard Street

Goddamn it, Lyle! It's called 'wainscoting!'

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is consistently bad.

Genuinely shocked there wasn't some kind of non-Euclidean angle to show that the boss has her shoes off at her desk.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

That desk looks really uncomfortable, and prone to rolling over.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

One day my fruit salad will have something to say about this. My fruit salad saw something that night.

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

inspectordanger.jpg

Deep Dark Fears

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Tiggum posted:

OK, there's no way Moy isn't doing this intentionally now, right? She couldn't be writing Adam this creepy without meaning to.

Mary Worth is written for those old ladies* who see you hanging out with a completely platonic opposite-sex friend and immediately decide you two are fated to marry one day. The idea that two single people with compatible genitals who get along might not be physically attracted to one another is a non-issue. Your own opinion on the matter is also a non-issue. Should one of you turn out to be a creeper, this is also a non-issue. And of course once you've found someone to pair up with, of course you need to get married right away because ovaries don't put out forever and GRANDCHILDREN. Also there's nothing sadder than an old maid.

*Of course I say old ladies, but I've had younger friends who behaved the same way. I guess even the oldest of old ladies didn't start out old.

goatface posted:

The boss getting impatient that the IMPROMPTU EMERGENCY EYE SURGERY is taking too long is a nice touch. I'm so glad that employers today are more understanding.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wanamingo posted:

Zippy the Pinhead

I wish Bill Griffiths would just make an autobiographical strip and stop pushing this outdated Zippy character.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Julet Esqu posted:

The boss getting impatient that the IMPROMPTU EMERGENCY EYE SURGERY is taking too long is a nice touch. I'm so glad that employers today are more understanding.

I hate to break it to you, but...

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

:crossarms:

I'm guessing there's a different number of dongs in the room than both parties expected.

The Amazing Spider-Man

I can't help but think this is a bad idea, Newspaper Spider-Man. Nevertheless, have at it.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

This is, no joke, like 90% word-for-word the training I got regarding Amber Alerts at my old retail job.
"See a suspicious person carrying a child matching the description of a child reported missing thirty seconds ago? Watch him go to the door and that's it! Don't you DARE follow him outside to see what car he's driving!"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Evilreaver posted:

This is, no joke, like 90% word-for-word the training I got regarding Amber Alerts at my old retail job.
"See a suspicious person carrying a child matching the description of a child reported missing thirty seconds ago? Watch him go to the door and that's it! Don't you DARE follow him outside to see what car he's driving!"

drat that places sucks, when I volunteered at a hospital in high school they expected us to stand at the doors and check bags for kidnapped babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

OK so I knew they had a mountain in the shape of a skull, but now they also have one carved in the shape of the Phantom's head? I mean that's a little much. Why, it's almost like this comic is completely unrealistic!

F Minus

Tiggum posted:

I ask this same question many times about the soap strips, and particularly MW. Are they intentionally tongue-in-cheek, or is it just a product of legitimately trying to write stories for this daily strip, given the factors of the intended audience, the executives and editors and other decision-makers involved, and the medium itself? I still don't know.

Speaking of Mary Worth, here's Mary Worth

Of all of Charterstone's rules, I find the "single-color clothing only" one the oddest.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

• Locked thread