Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You mean you don't want the

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Hasbro was supposed to be starting that system where retailers can order whatever they want in the cases, not just a pre-set assortment. If that's finally in place, it wouldn't surprise me if retailers are simply not ordering Armada Megs anymore due to his shelfwarming tendencies. drat things are everywhere here.

Armada megatron is one of the ones that really makes the least sense. G1 Mega looks so much better and then you have Armada Megatron which is megatron during his weeaboo phase. And not only that he really doesn't look like Armada Megatron, they should have done the red black and blue repaint and called him Megazarak or something as a reference to the Armada megatron repaint.

I mean atleast he would be a different guy.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Armada megatron is one of the ones that really makes the least sense. G1 Mega looks so much better and then you have Armada Megatron which is megatron during his weeaboo phase. And not only that he really doesn't look like Armada Megatron, they should have done the red black and blue repaint and called him Megazarak or something as a reference to the Armada megatron repaint.

No, what they should have done was not include a mold and its minor remold in the same case, when pushing a larger, more expensive toy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Hasbro was supposed to be starting that system where retailers can order whatever they want in the cases, not just a pre-set assortment. If that's finally in place, it wouldn't surprise me if retailers are simply not ordering Armada Megs anymore due to his shelfwarming tendencies. drat things are everywhere here.

That was supposed to start like 18 months ago and it appears that they very quietly chucked that idea out the window.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kurui Reiten posted:

No, what they should have done was not include a mold and its minor remold in the same case, when pushing a larger, more expensive toy.
Yeah that would only work if it was Ultra Magnus and Thunderclash.

And it could only be pulled off because Thunderclash is that amazing.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Thunderclash is the Lil' Sebastian of The Transformers.

There, I said it.

(I would totally get a Thunderclash remold of IDW Ultra Magnus.)

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Being fast isn't the only thing Blurr is famous for...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rhyno posted:

That was supposed to start like 18 months ago and it appears that they very quietly chucked that idea out the window.
The thing you're doing with Neckbeard and Quickerslinger was supposed to test that, I think.

But instead maybe may-hem?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Thunderclash is the Lil' Sebastian of The Transformers.

There, I said it.

(I would totally get a Thunderclash remold of IDW Ultra Magnus.)

I would get a Thunderclash remold of any and every mold.

Also: How is it I don't have a Thunderclash avatar yet? There's my project for tonight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

The thing you're doing with Neckbeard and Quickerslinger was supposed to test that, I think.

But instead maybe may-hem?

No, it was supposed to start with Marvel Legends. As far as I can tell from the Diamond release it was never even an option for TFs.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Has there been any new pictures for Wave 4 Prime? I'm curious if he has Magenta, gold and teal. Or if they're just going to go with a white and flat gray.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

What is wave four prime (assuming it exists) even supposed to be packed with?

I guess we'll know all in a couple week so whatever.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

I think the issue is that the mold is distinctly Megatron, with the arm cannon and ab buttons and everything, and the remold budget presumably only included enough for a new head, since that's all they did. So who else could they do that wouldn't piss fans off even more? The obvious G2 Megatron wouldn't even need a new head so it would seem like a cop-out. If they made the mold Bludgeon or Warpath or some other tank people would complain that it doesn't do that character justice since (see Legion Warpath). By doing Armada Megatron they can at least acknowledge that it's a Megatron mold, even though the mold doesn't really look like Armada Megatron, but no one really cares about Armada Megatron so oh well.

But really what they should have done is just like not had a repaint in that wave at all and had it be all G1 Megatron, then put the repaint/remold in a later filler wave.

And besides, if they were going to recolor him as an Armada Megatron repaint they clearly should use Easter Galvatron.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People are pissed off about there being two Megatrons in the case because the last Leader case didn't have two versions of the same mold (Jetfire) and both T-Cracker and Magnus are also two per case.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Didn't they confirm there was a later revision with G1 megs only? I am in no way sure about that however, might have been someone making poo poo up and passing it as fact.

Sometimes there's revision waves that go mostly unnoticed, like one voyager wave that packed Whirl and Roadbuster together.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I have a feeling we all just got Taint Reaped again.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Taint Reap me once, Shame on you; Taint reap me 8056 times, stop being so drat gullible.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Devastate everything

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I need that Devy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't believe how friggin big that thing is.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Prepare for extermination

Devastator wears the finest assless chaps

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Reeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping for a 3P Prowl that somehow fits in there.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sockser posted:

Reeeeeeeeeeeeally hoping for a 3P Prowl that somehow fits in there.

Combiner Wars Prowl can merge with Menasor and Galvatron, that's way better than Devastator. :colbert:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Except, that Prowl will not have his signature wings and shoulder cannons.

PASS

signed, #1 Prowl Fan

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Sorry if this is repetitive but what's the release timing on Devastator and what can I do to ensure I don't miss the boat on buying one?

signed

a guy that missed soundwave completely

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The Taint Reaper posted:

The remold should've been The Fallen.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Silhouette posted:

The remold should've been The Fallen.

I dunno the Megatron mold is one of the few that has tight hip joints.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Taint Reaper posted:

I dunno the Megatron mold is one of the few that has tight hip joints.

:rimshot:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Cobalt60 posted:

Sorry if this is repetitive but what's the release timing on Devastator and what can I do to ensure I don't miss the boat on buying one?

signed

a guy that missed soundwave completely

Botcon and SDCC are coming soon so we might find out the release dates in the next weeks.

Unlike Soundwave, Devastator won't be store exclusive (I think) so it shouldn't be so difficult to find.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Rhyno posted:

No, it was supposed to start with Marvel Legends. As far as I can tell from the Diamond release it was never even an option for TFs.

The only thing that ever actually shipped that way was a weird smattering of Star Wars Black pieces. Single-figure Marvel Legends cases were straight up cancelled. Unless Hasbro really changes gears, it's not happening again.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Xtransbots redid the lower legs of their Cyclonus (left new, right old)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Looks like they redid his belly button as well.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Hot drat that Devastator! With a few 3p upgrades it'll look very nice on my MP shelf methinks.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

People are pissed off about there being two Megatrons in the case because the last Leader case didn't have two versions of the same mold (Jetfire) and both T-Cracker and Magnus are also two per case.
I thought the next wave was 1 Thundercracker and 1 G1 Megs? Welp, shows what I know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knormal posted:

I thought the next wave was 1 Thundercracker and 1 G1 Megs? Welp, shows what I know.

Well there's this

quote:

TRANSFORMERS GEN LEADER AF ASST 201502 (Net)
HASBRO TOY GROUP
Hasbro's Transformers Leaders Action Figures are not just the largest scale Transformers they produce; they also come tricked out with lights and sound effects! Each side in the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons has their leaders, behind the scenes and on the battlefield, and none are more renowned than the Decepticon Thundercracker.

(NOTE: Asst contains 2 figures. )

No mention of Megatron.

KO talk. Look at this friggin amazing Chines KO of AoE Galvatron

New KO is on the left, original KO is on the right, he was pretty much identical to the legit issue from all reports. The only reason I haven't bought it is the tease of an oversized version coming soon.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
They Misspelled Thunderclash.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Knormal posted:

I think that's the refresh case after Magnus
It was supposed to be Megs1/1, TCx2, Magnusx2 wasn't it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No idea about more Megs, his only case in the system is listed as NLA (no longer available) but Magnus is listed as 2 per case.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

quote:

none are more renowned than the Decepticon Thundercracker.
Haha, in what universe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Also what lights and sounds? My Megatron has no lights or sounds.