Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

It's coming back together at the front, Contador has them pegged so far since the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Landa does not have a poker face

carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

Pvt Dancer posted:

Landa does not have a poker face

He looks like he's in one of those human centrifuges used for High-G training.

e: that's Aru

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
He's got Ten Dam-Face

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'm starting to think Contador might pull this off.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Today made me re-think that he could pull it off, which was after his showing the past two weeks had made me re-think that he couldn't do it!

Basically I don't know wtf to think but I hope he gets the double.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I'm happy we had another miserable Team Sky failure

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

drat fine riding from Hesjedal today.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

:mrgw:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Yes let's all sprint for third place

carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

Most exciting final km in a grand tour ever.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Juan Antonio Flecha is fuckin pumped

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
That was cool. I went to Iljo Keisse's father's pub in Ghent when I visited. It has all kinds of cool 6-days posters on the walls, and is walking distance from t'kuipke velodrome. Glad he won.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Strong

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

gently caress yeah, Keisse is my favorite obscure world tour racer, nice that he won today.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Anachronist posted:

gently caress yeah, Keisse is my favorite obscure world tour racer, nice that he won today.

Too bad we got hosed out of actually seeing any Sixday racing last winter because of some obscure broadcast deal.

Keisse-Terpstra for everything.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Saw on Bein's broadcast a shot of Cheng Ji bringing up the rear and tossing water bottles to fans :3:. On his second bottle, he kept miming the toss to see who wanted one, and everyone sorta half-heartedly reached for it, so he ended up just throwing it on the ground.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
the last weekend was kinda ok but this GT seemed 3 months long and nothing happened. 4.5/10 which includes an extra 1.5 for bert winning.

We must be due for a decent TdF, its been what? 4 years since anything that wasnt a foregone conclusion.

Preemptive 'gently caress sky'.

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011

Box Hill Strangler posted:

the last weekend was kinda ok but this GT seemed 3 months long and nothing happened. 4.5/10 which includes an extra 1.5 for bert winning.

We must be due for a decent TdF, its been what? 4 years since anything that wasnt a foregone conclusion.

The conclusion may have been foregone, but this GT has been much more entertaining than most. It helps to have AC be on a one-man team, so as to avoid any proper processions through the mountains.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Nothing happened? It's been a great Giro IMO. People were riding hard more or less every stage. We all knew Contador would win unless something insane happened but there are more to stage races than the GC.

Let's just hope that "Big" Bert can dominate Froome and Nibali as well.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The average speeds are way up. Teams are full on doping like crazy again. I don't think Sky have the doping advantage anymore, and since other teams have actual talented riders, they'll be nowhere. What a loving joke Porte was. Gutless. I respect Koenig and hope he goes to a better team.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

http://fat.gfycat.com/SpectacularElasticBuffalo.webm

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Box Hill Strangler posted:

Contador might be a doping piece of poo poo but winning after dislocating his shoulder made the Giro vastly better than "nothing happened" just by itself. That was some hardass poo poo right there.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Contador might be a doping piece of poo poo but winning after dislocating his shoulder made the Giro vastly better than "nothing happened" just by itself. That was some hardass poo poo right there.
That was pretty much how I felt about it. And his team wasn't a continuous TTT train.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
We're all going to watch Wiggins ride around a track for an hour because we know how much he's suffering for it. Tomorrow, starting at 5:30pm GMT.

Live link:
http://www.uci.ch/track/news/article/live-uci-hour-record-bradley-wiggins/

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

wide stance posted:

We're all going to watch Wiggins ride around a track for an hour because we know how much he's suffering for it. Tomorrow, starting at 5:30pm GMT.

Live link:
http://www.uci.ch/track/news/article/live-uci-hour-record-bradley-wiggins/

Tomorrow is going to be Euro as gently caress. This should start right as the French open finishes up (assuming Djokovic doesn't just Blow Wawrinka up. Hoping for another long match)

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I think Bradley "Cooper" Wiggins might actually do it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He says he's aiming for 55.25 km. Two and a bit kilometres up on the current.

He might have a brain tumor. Maybe it will limit the amount of pain he feels.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Will we get good Brad or the Brad that gives up halfway through? Who knows?

The only thing I know for sure is that skys coverage is poo poo. Nothings working.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Weather is not helping him, there is a high pressure zone in London. I think he'll get the record but won't make it to 55km.

This has to be one of the roughest gigs for a commentator, almost nothing to talk about until the final 5 minutes. Dude on the UCI stream is basically reading Wiggo's Wikipedia page at this point.

Jamsque fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 7, 2015

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
Can anyone else see average speed, current speed etc, or is that too much to ask? At the moment I am just watching a man cycle round a velodrome with a timer and number of laps, not much good to the layman...

I'm watching on freeview tv channel Pick in the uk

Skyfire
Jul 2, 2004

At the moment he's on course for about 215-216 laps, Dowsett took 212 so he's almost 1km ahead at the moment

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's about on track assuming he goes completely metronomic, which is what he's usually good at.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ted Ed Fred posted:

Can anyone else see average speed, current speed etc, or is that too much to ask? At the moment I am just watching a man cycle round a velodrome with a timer and number of laps, not much good to the layman...

I'm watching on freeview tv channel Pick in the uk

Nothing on sky either so I guess it's a problem at the drome

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sky keep losing the average speed/wr time and they keep apologising for it. Its on the board at the track so its clearly a problem with them.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
He's more than a minute ahead of Dowsett's pace at halfway.

Ted Ed Fred
May 4, 2004

fuck this band
Phew, they fixed it, now I can turn the dreadful commentary off!

He's doing well so far.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
He's starting to feel it, he's gone above the red line in the straights a few times now. Unless he speeds up towards the end he's not going to make it to 55km.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jamsque posted:

He's starting to feel it, he's gone above the red line in the straights a few times now. Unless he speeds up towards the end he's not going to make it to 55km.

Hes going above the red line every lap, its because Lee Valley is a bowl and you want to swing a little wider to keep the black line on the curbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He's drifting a little, but nothing that ugly. He should speed up in the last 5 minutes but it's Wiggo, so he'll probably stay exactly at 54.6