Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh man, I thought I was financially pretty secure with my ~3500 crowns saved up. One trip to Skellige with all those recipe-selling merchants and I'm flat broke again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

sauer kraut posted:

I need that patch, running out of lvl 10 things to do in the boondocks and avoiding the city quests.
On that note, gently caress Jenny o the Woods. First time I had to sift through my seventy potions, oils and poo poo to find swallow.

Just do those quests, dude. The bug doesn't affect all main quests, correct? So the worst thing that could happen is you being slightly less overleveled.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Perestroika posted:

Oh man, I thought I was financially pretty secure with my ~3500 crowns saved up. One trip to Skellige with all those recipe-selling merchants and I'm flat broke again.

Start hagglin'.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Anyone know the console command to add Ekimarra hides? I've found like, one? Two? Not nearly enough.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
I like notice and am not surprised that reddit is on the bleeding edge of posting naked models of the 4 main women in the game. I can't help but ask myself, why would you feel the need to post nudes of Keira or Yen when you have the option to have full blown sex with them in the game? It's as though there isn't any nudity in the game so these guys have to post about how great :nws: these naked 4 :nws: look (they all look exactly the same) and how they can't wait for modding tools to be released. I thought Skyrim was a desperate shithole full of truly horrible people, I can't wait to see the witcher 3 section of TES Nexus.

Merry Magpie
Jan 8, 2012

A superstitious cowardly lot.

COOKIEMONSTER posted:

It's hard to betray something you were never really part of. Book Spoilers

Yennifer was blindsided and kidnapped by Francesca Findabair during the Thanedd coup. Then taken back to Dol Blathanna. When the lodge was formed Francesca changed Yennifer back from statue to person. Ensured she couldn't escape. Demanded from Philippa that she be allowed 3 seats in the Lodge and then took Yennifer to the first meeting forcibly(I guess because Francesca is an idiot and wanted to stack the Lodge with as many elves as possible and Yennifer is 1/4th elvish.) While there they dampened the entire proceedings to keep Yennifer from escaping and basically told her if she didn't agree to join the lodge they were going to shank her. She only escaped because Fringilla Vigo clued her in to a dangerous trick she could use to circumvent the magical imprisonment.

I take it the games have better writing than the books.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I can't wait to see the witcher 3 section of TES Nexus.

:stonklol: I had not considered this

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Merry Magpie posted:

I take it the games have better writing than the books.

The author of the books comes across as kind of a grumpy old man these days but I'm interested to see the remaining books in english and I feel like they're pretty well regarded overall. I've only read the short story collection personally, which I liked well enough.

Konig
Feb 24, 2012

This stink up's mega
bam-bam to the J-Stop

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I like notice and am not surprised that reddit is on the bleeding edge of posting naked models of the 4 main women in the game. I can't help but ask myself, why would you feel the need to post nudes of Keira or Yen when you have the option to have full blown sex with them in the game? It's as though there isn't any nudity in the game so these guys have to post about how great :nws: these naked 4 :nws: look (they all look exactly the same) and how they can't wait for modding tools to be released. I thought Skyrim was a desperate shithole full of truly horrible people, I can't wait to see the witcher 3 section of TES Nexus.

God dammit, I thought CDPR was being cool and not doing a Ciri naked scene, she's your surrogate daughter and even if Geralt wasn't present, it changes how the player is supposed to view her.

I know this is The Witcher, but not every pretty girl has to get naked, I thought you established this with that Rosa var Attre chick?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
You can't do a Fallout and accidentally find Ciri just by exploring, can you?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

You can't do a Fallout and accidentally find Ciri just by exploring, can you?

No, it's in an area outside of the open world that you don't have access to.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

I think it's sort of interesting that Ciri has a nude model - and more importantly that she has one that isn't just a default female nude (she's got an intimately placed tattoo). Surely Geralt never sees her naked in the game? And I somehow doubt any of the flashbacks end up that way either.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

Konig posted:

God dammit, I thought CDPR was being cool and not doing a Ciri naked scene, she's your surrogate daughter and even if Geralt wasn't present, it changes how the player is supposed to view her.

I know this is The Witcher, but not every pretty girl has to get naked, I thought you established this with that Rosa var Attre chick?

Is there a naked scene? I figured it was just nerds putting her head on a generic naked woman model because they all look the same.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Minor spoiler about accidentally losing access to a certain quest(s?) by progressing a major Skellige sidequest: Don't pursue the 'crowning a new king' quest line until you've done the Cave of Dreams quest, since one of the NPCs necessary for it (Blueboy Lugos) dies.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

8-bit Miniboss posted:

No, it's in an area outside of the open world that you don't have access to.

OK cool, thanks. I'm being quite thorough and worried I'd cut myself out of a lot of story. :)

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Konig posted:

I'm pretty sure there's no naked scenes of Ciri in the game, so I'm not entirely sure why there's a nude model of her.

Eonwe posted:

All I can think is it makes it easier to model her clothing???? Idk
Edit: this is a quite likely explanation. Anatomy and all that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Is there a naked scene? I figured it was just nerds putting her head on a generic naked woman model because they all look the same.

Not technically no. One of her flashbacks has her in her underwear and bandages and you're in a sauna with Skellige women, they're mostly naked and Ciri isn't, but you can see the tattoo if you opted to not use a towel. But you don't see anything else, weirdo.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Not technically no. One of her flashbacks has her in her underwear and bandages and you're in a sauna with Skellige women, they're mostly naked and Ciri isn't, but you can see the tattoo if you opted to not use a towel. But you don't see anything else, weirdo.

How am I the weirdo :confused:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
NilfgaardvsMonsters.jpg

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
The horse races, at least on ps4, are godawful

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Funkmaster General posted:

I think it's sort of interesting that Ciri has a nude model - and more importantly that she has one that isn't just a default female nude (she's got an intimately placed tattoo). Surely Geralt never sees her naked in the game? And I somehow doubt any of the flashbacks end up that way either.

You can see that tattoo in game and she gets asked about it in Skellige when you go to the sauna with the women. She is never fully naked in the game, however. Which is really good and I'm glad they didn't do it since it'd royally gently caress up the tone.

Eonwe posted:

This is probably the answer.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Eonwe posted:

Are there nudes of males as well?

I'm assuming the Reddit nerds wouldn't have looked for them even if they were there.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Sometimes when the game chugs and has problems loading textures and models you can see that all female models have a generic nude body, so you're probably right.

Edit: Just looked through some Shadowplay footage I have and there's one instance where you can clearly see this is correct.

Hommando fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 1, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly dont know and am 100% talking out of my rear end, but just was a guess

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Voyager I posted:

NilfgaardvsMonsters.jpg

I've done this several times and it always make me smile.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
really wish I weren't stuck on king's gambit until the patch...

I could go do other stuff but I'm pretty burned out of (easy) witcher contracts and want to continue on to quests that matter

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Geralt should really just ask his friends to provide them with their daily itinerary so he can make sure to be there when they inevitably get beset upon by bandits/monsters/jilted ex-lovers

Anti-Hero posted:

Yeah they're pretty dumb but super easy to cheese. You can just ride in front of the competition while you regain stamina.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Anti-Hero posted:

Amen brother. I gave up on the final one in Novigrad because my horse kept stopping dead right before the finish line and then there's a random fun one later in the game that I lost the same loving way. I just started jogging everywhere after awhile.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

For all the attention to detail in this game there's a few lapses that bother me mkre than they should, and someone reminded me about one so lemme vent a bit:

* Sarah says your yellow eyes are scary, but hers are pretty. She doesn't have yellow eyes, though, they're blue. Johnny has yellow eyes. Maybe a weird translation and she didn't mean to imply that her eyes are yellow, or maybe at some point all Godlings were supposed to have yellow eyes?

* Dudu says he likes being human, and that's why he adopted his primary form. Except his primary form is a halfling, not a human.

* Dijktra (or however that's spelled) has an assumed identity because he prefers people not to know of his notorious past - except that everyone always calls him by his real name and he never complains when you or someone else does so in public. The only time I can think of where this wasn't true was the masquerade ball, where Geralt uses his assumed name to greet him.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 1, 2015

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The final Skellige race was a real pain in the rear end. There's a bridge that always seems to make you stop galloping and the final corner is lined with people that make you come to a dead stop if you so much as graze one of them.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Amen brother. I gave up on the final one in Novigrad because my horse kept stopping dead right before the finish line and then there's a random fun one later in the game that I lost the same loving way. I just started jogging everywhere after awhile.

That one was really easy for me because my opponents forgot their horses and tried to race on foot.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Funkmaster General posted:

For all the attention to detail in this game there's a few lapses that bother me mkre than they should, and someone reminded me about one so lemme vent a bit:

* Sarah says your yellow eyes are scary, but hers are pretty. She doesn't have yellow eyes, though, they're blue. Johnny has yellow eyes. Maybe a weird translation and she didn't mean to imply that her eyes are yellow, or maybe at some point all Godlings were supposed to have yellow eyes?

* Dudu says he likes being human, and that's why he adopted his primary form. Except his primary form is a halfling, not a human.

* Dijktra (or however that's spelled) has an assumed identity because he prefers people not to know of his notorious past - except that everyone always calls him by his real name and he never complains when you or someone else does so in public. The only time I can think of where this wasn't true was the masquerade ball, where Geralt uses his assumed name to greet him.

Yeah and there's a dude named Hierarch Hemmelfart. Like, what's up with that?? Hemmelfart!

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

really wish I weren't stuck on king's gambit until the patch...

I could go do other stuff but I'm pretty burned out of (easy) witcher contracts and want to continue on to quests that matter

You can advance the storyline up until you need to go to the isle of mist without any consequence, and if you pass that point the only penalty is missing one part of Brother in Arms: Skellige. King's Gambit itself is still available afterward.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
The racing segments really do a great job of emphasizing just how loving janky your out-of combat movement is.

Maybe the enhanced edition will have a triathalon with an underwater segment to nail the trifecta of awful controls.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Voyager I posted:

Maybe the enhanced edition will have a triathalon with an underwater segment to nail the trifecta of awful controls.

Looting poo poo underwater was the biggest pain in the rear end ever.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I liked Horse Racing. It was me.

Also thinking about it,it's weird how this series went from Women Are Literal Collectibles to We Have Some of the Best Female Characters Ever.

Like even a total piece of work like Phillipa still rules, that quest where she and Geralt just wander through a cave relentlessly making GBS threads on each other is so goddamn good.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
What the hell do I have to wear for Yen to actually like my clothes for the funeral feast? I tried wearing the grey/yellow tunic with skellige breeches and festive skellige slippers, and she comments how I chose to go with my own outfit and it doesn't fit with her's, and if I wear the blue tunic she asks what the hell am I wearing. Am I wearing the wrong of the two available breeches or did Yen forget these are the options she gave me? :argh:

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Meta-Mollusk posted:

What the hell do I have to wear for Yen to actually like my clothes for the funeral feast? I tried wearing the grey/yellow tunic with skellige breeches and festive skellige slippers, and she comments how I chose to go with my own outfit and it doesn't fit with her's, and if I wear the blue tunic she asks what the hell am I wearing. Am I wearing the wrong of the two available breeches or did Yen forget these are the options she gave me? :argh:

you know...the ones she laid out for you in her room. With the quest marker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I wish the game would clear toxicity for cutscenes. Though it is pretty funny that Geralt always has horrible bulged out, purple veins and super pale skin whenever a serious conversation follows a battle.