Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Smoking Crow posted:

what would you eat in the shower

i would eat some soup since it doesn't matter if water gets in it

it absolutely matters if you get water in it. watered down soup sounds awful.

A granola bar would make OK shower food, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

boom boom boom posted:

it absolutely matters if you get water in it. watered down soup sounds awful.

A granola bar would make OK shower food, I think.

maybe an ice cream cone

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

Fruit would work best I think.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Whole fruit... Veges.....

Maybe the shower is the healthiest place to eat?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

There are many foods I would rather eat wet than watered down soup. Probably not pasta, though. Watery pasta is awful.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

maybe an ice cream cone

I ain't takin no cold showa.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Whole fruit... Veges.....

Maybe the shower is the healthiest place to eat?

candy bars could work too. Frozen snickers bar in a hot shower doesn't sound too bad.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm just reminded of the people that read their Kindle while taking a shower.

I wish I could live my life on the edge like that.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

I ain't takin no cold showa.

take a hot shower, it's a race against the clock

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Srice posted:

I used to read a kindle in the bath. I'd just put the kindle in a zip loc bag first.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Smoking Crow posted:

take a hot shower, it's a race against the clock

You could probably do it if you used the same ice cream that's fried.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

A friend of mine told me to watch My Love Story so I watched the first episode and I liked it, however I now realise that he tricked me into watching an anime that isn't done yet

I feel betrayed

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Waiting for things is bullshit

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

One day I will eat my favourite food (porkchops) in my favourite place (the shower).

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Strange Quark posted:

You could probably do it if you used the same ice cream that's fried.

Frying ice cream is about the speed of the frying, not using some sort of special heat resistant ice cream

Seshoho Cian posted:

A friend of mine told me to watch My Love Story so I watched the first episode and I liked it, however I now realise that he tricked me into watching an anime that isn't done yet

I feel betrayed

The manga is available in america, so you can get that and read ahead in the story!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

boom boom boom posted:

Frying ice cream is about the speed of the frying, not using some sort of special heat resistant ice cream

I've always heard that they first chill it down with liquid nitrogen. :shrug:

Are you telling me I can fry ice cream in the comfort of my own home?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Srice posted:

you can put it in a lil plastic bag thing. i got one for my phone so i can listen to music under the shower

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Strange Quark posted:

I've always heard that they first chill it down with liquid nitrogen. :shrug:

Are you telling me I can fry ice cream in the comfort of my own home?

Whoever told you that just wanted you to keep coming to their fried ice cream stand instead of making it at home. Fried ice cream's been around for over a hundred years, there's no crazy science stuff to it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I mess around on my phone in the shower, no bag. You just don't put in under the water and it works out just fine.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Taking something with you into the shower is bizarre to me. Lathering, etc. usually takes two hands if you're doing it quickly, and how much are you really going to read in the span of a normal shower? Or do you all just take some long rear end showers?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

chumbler posted:

Taking something with you into the shower is bizarre to me. Lathering, etc. usually takes two hands if you're doing it quickly, and how much are you really going to read in the span of a normal shower? Or do you all just take some long rear end showers?

Sometimes, when I'm not running late, I will just stand in the shower for 20 minutes.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I spend like 5 minutes in the show, and 10-15 doing everything post-shower and trying not to accidentally destroy my face while shaving.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Shaving at 5:30 AM has resulted in too many accidents for me....

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Srice posted:

I spend like 5 minutes in the show, and 10-15 doing everything post-shower and trying not to accidentally destroy my face while shaving.

'Sup bad at shaving buddy!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Um how about we send someone besides Okabe back in time?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

LORD OF BUTT posted:

You could just... rip the bitmap subs straight from the DVD and don't gently caress with them any? :shobon: VLC and Media Player Classic can handle them fine, and there's no NTSC -> PAL conversion involved so it should only have very minor timing issues, at worst.
Interesting, though I'm assuming there's no to mux them into a single .mkv container? What sort of format/naming convention do they have to use? I seem to remember DVD Decrypter trying to dump them into some generic ".sub" format which was largely useless unless you were literally authoring a new DVD.

In my case it wouldn't have helped though because I was combining several sources (Macross Plus OVAs and movie) into new, differently lengthed episodes that required new subs altogether.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Um how about we send someone besides Okabe back in time?
Isn't Okabe the only one who can perceive changes to the timeline? Yeah it's kind of convenient but also kind of needed for what they're trying to fix.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

You know anime girls are superior because none of them ever have acne. Ever. Even Tomoko is acne free.

You know Junji Ito's Glyceride is horror because it's about acne

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Any of you watch future card buddyfight, I wanna talk about how bad that show is and how gary oak just fuckin shows up in the background of one of the episodes all like "Smell ya later losers I'm ditching pokemon for future card buddyfight that's where all the money's at!"

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

Any of you watch future card buddyfight, I wanna talk about how bad that show is and how gary oak just fuckin shows up in the background of one of the episodes all like "Smell ya later losers I'm ditching pokemon for future card buddyfight that's where all the money's at!"

I watched the first few episodes, up until one of the characters transformed into a warrior with long flowing hair. When you say Gary Oak, you mean the yellow haired kid with the kitten shirt or does actual Gary Oak show up? If it's the second one then I better get back into Buddy Fight.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I have come to say: Honoka is lame

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

DoubleDonut posted:

You know Junji Ito's Glyceride is horror because it's about acne

This story is literally the most uncomfortable Junji Ito has ever made me.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Parallax posted:

yup

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Level Slide posted:

I watched the first few episodes, up until one of the characters transformed into a warrior with long flowing hair. When you say Gary Oak, you mean the yellow haired kid with the kitten shirt or does actual Gary Oak show up? If it's the second one then I better get back into Buddy Fight.

It was just a background character that looked like him, I had to pause and make sure and I swear this is motherfuckin gary oak just saying gently caress it and chilling in another anime for the day

That show is so bad I love watching it with my fiance because he hates it and gets so mad at it but he won't watch it with me anymore cause he says there's not enough booze in the world :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Parallax posted:

:catstare:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Also I know I missed the eyepatch chat but I just wanted to throw in my two cents as part of the eyepatches are cool crowd.

Eyepatches are cool.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
For some reason a bloody eyepatch increased damage rolls but reduced charisma in a MUD I played.

how?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Also I know I missed the eyepatch chat but I just wanted to throw in my two cents as part of the eyepatches are cool crowd.

Eyepatches are cool.

I like eyepatches when they are plain black and not the weird medical bandage ones

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Same.

I also don't care for eyepatches with designs on them. Black and blank is best, though there exist a mythic few who can still rock it otherwise.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

That show is so bad I love watching it with my fiance because he hates it and gets so mad at it but he won't watch it with me anymore cause he says there's not enough booze in the world :(

It's weird, because I sort of unironically liked it. It was really bad yeah, but I love how the main kids looked out for each other, and that it was adorable how Gao's little sister thought his dumb Solaire routine was the coolest poo poo ever. Did any of that fall to the wayside during the ABC Cup? That's around the point where I just sorta stopped watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

• Locked thread