Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Did this episode have a live action cutaway with Andy Dick or am I imagining poo poo again. For real, I could have swore I saw him recently in something but I can't remember what. Also but unrelated (I hope) the phrase "it's amazing how much elasticity the human rectum has" or something to that effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

Did this episode have a live action cutaway with Andy Dick or am I imagining poo poo again. For real, I could have swore I saw him recently in something but I can't remember what. Also but unrelated (I hope) the phrase "it's amazing how much elasticity the human rectum has" or something to that effect.

Rick and Morty for the second?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

1 800 J JAMES posted:

Rick and Morty for the second?

Hm, maybe. I haven't watched it in a while I think and I think this instance was more recent.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Frostwerks posted:

Also but unrelated (I hope) the phrase "it's amazing how much elasticity the human rectum has" or something to that effect.

Have you tried googling it?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Frostwerks posted:

Re: that bit about the human rectum, are you getting American Dad! mixed up with a Patton Oswalt routine about movie producer Robert Evans? For some reason I'm having trouble linking it with the specific t= thing in the video link, so just skip it to 2 minutes and 35 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkN226PToig

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
He gained some weight but otherwise he looks fantastic.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I don't remember an episode where Roger was Pippi Longstocking.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

cheerfullydrab posted:

Re: that bit about the human rectum, are you getting American Dad! mixed up with a Patton Oswalt routine about movie producer Robert Evans? For some reason I'm having trouble linking it with the specific t= thing in the video link, so just skip it to 2 minutes and 35 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkN226PToig

That's it I knew it came from the forums.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Which one are you?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Seizures Suit Stanny

A lie about an accident leads to Stan having to take seizure medication and he begins to suffer from the side effects. Meanwhile, Steve suffers from performance anxiety and Roger tries to help.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Save me, texting!

This one has been better than the other TBS ones but it still feels like the show was handed over to people who haven't seen American Dad before.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think I laughed way too much at "this I gotta see!"

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Does anyone know the name of the Chinese song that played over the credits?

I know this is a week late, but thankfully this time I had the foresight to bring up Shazam on the Adult Swim repeat to tag the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUL_vWs5IE

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
Did we all miss the season finale or was it the texting one?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

6-year plan man posted:

Did we all miss the season finale or was it the texting one?

That was it. Disappointing, huh?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The texting episode was rather underwhelming, when is the next season suppose to start?

And are these episodes made for TBS or leftovers from fox?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

masteraero posted:

I know this is a week late, but thankfully this time I had the foresight to bring up Shazam on the Adult Swim repeat to tag the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiUL_vWs5IE

Thanks! Great song.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The texting episode was rather underwhelming, when is the next season suppose to start?

And are these episodes made for TBS or leftovers from fox?

I think they're made for TBS because they have the cold opens which the show never did for fox.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
What the hell episode is it that Roger does the John Candy speech from Planes, Trains and Automobiles anyway?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

What the hell episode is it that Roger does the John Candy speech from Planes, Trains and Automobiles anyway?

That was Peter in the FG episode 'Baby Not on Board'.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Whoa.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/08/27/american-dad-renewed-for-two-more-seasons-by-tbs/454143/

Renewed for two more seasons. 22 episode seasons, so 44 more episodes were ordered. That's on top of the 22 episode order they already had which will start airing in 2016. So, we have at least 66 more episodes of American Dad to look forward to.

Which, with the current airing schedule, should take us through 2025.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

The_Doctor posted:

That was Peter in the FG episode 'Baby Not on Board'.

You gotta love Roger as Roy Rogers McFreely doing a monologue/impersonation of Clarice Starling's speech to Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs, though.

"You see a lot, Doctor, but are you strong enough to point that high-powered perception at yourself? What about it? Why don't you? Why don't you look at yourself and write down what you see? Or maybe you're afraid to."

*motion-sensor light goes out*

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

bull3964 posted:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/08/27/american-dad-renewed-for-two-more-seasons-by-tbs/454143/

Renewed for two more seasons. 22 episode seasons, so 44 more episodes were ordered. That's on top of the 22 episode order they already had which will start airing in 2016. So, we have at least 66 more episodes of American Dad to look forward to.

Which, with the current airing schedule, should take us through 2025.

That's a relief. AD has turned out to be one of my favorite mainstay series.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Neeksy posted:

That's a relief. AD has turned out to be one of my favorite mainstay series.

hopefully the new seasons won't be filled up with old unused scripts from earlier seasons spruced up slightly to be used(seriously I think this is why they got rid of Jeff for a while, so they could use some old unused scripts from before he and Hayley got hitched with as minimal alterations as possible, definitely explains certain other weird characterizations that were in those episodes, even when taking into account the show's continuity and consistency getting worse and worse as the seasons go by), cause man was a large chunk of the first TBS season rather dire(especially American Fung, which might just be one of the worst things I've seen on TV in a long time)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Haha American Dad continuity.

:j: Stan, we had a dog already.
:patriot: I don't think so.
:j: We did. Five years ago you got Steve an old dog that peed dust, and you killed it. We also had another dog named Fussy that you didn't like or something.
:patriot: Francine, those were obviously dreams. I refuse to discuss your dreams in the daytime.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

:j: We did. Five years ago you got Steve an old dog that peed dust, and you killed it. We also had another dog named Fussy that you didn't like or something.
:patriot: Francine, those were obviously dreams. I refuse to discuss your dreams in the daytime.

I'll admit I'm one of those people who prefer shows with continuity, so I'll admit McFarlane shows often bug me in that regard(indeed this applies to a lot of shows)

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

I'll admit I'm one of those people who prefer shows with continuity, so I'll admit McFarlane shows often bug me in that regard(indeed this applies to a lot of shows)

It's okay, my nephew's like that too, but the meds have helped a lot.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

The_Doctor posted:

Continuity went out the window with Rapture's Delight. That's why they could do things like having a puppy get squished by a hot air balloon piloted by pirate cats.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I'm glad there's more episodes coming, but it does feel like there was a decline in the last season. I really hope this show doesn't hit rock bottom like The Simpsons and Family Guy did.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Last Chance posted:

Ritalin just makes it more likely to notice it though?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Last Chance posted:

your a douche

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

drrockso20 posted:

your a douche

How to Use You're and Your

Mistaking "you're" for "your" - or vice versa - is a common writing error most people have made at least once. It is also a grammatical mistake that can be disproportionately irritating and confusing for the reader. Fortunately, once you know how to differentiate the two, you'll hardly ever mix them up ever again.

1. Understand the proper usage of the word you need. The best way to do that is to sound it out. There is a replacement test that will tell you for certain which word will fit. Read the sentence with you are in place of where the your/you're is intended. If it makes sense, then you're would be right. If not, then your would fit. You could also replace your with my in the sentence. If it fits, then use your.

2. Create a mnemonic to help you distinguish between the words. A mnemonic is a device that helps you remember something. You may find a mnemonic helpful when remembering the difference between you're and your. Elements such as parallelism and vivid imagery are usually effective mnemonic tools.

Consider the sentence "If you're writing it you're, you're writing it right." You are doing something when you write, and thus the contraction you're is correct.
You could also try something like the sentence "Your Outraged Unicorns Race," where the first letter of each word spells out the correct usage. Because the unicorns belong to you, they're your unicorns.

3. Write you're as a contraction or a combination of the words you and are. Other examples of contractions include doesn't for does not, they're for they are, and can't for cannot.

"You're a good friend" means "You are a good friend."
"I don't know what you're talking about" means "I do not know what you are talking about."

4. Remember that you're is actually a combination of two words. It thus fulfills two very important roles in a sentence or clause. Because it includes both a pronoun and a verb, you're will always be the subject and at least part of the verb of any clause in which it appears.

5. Write your as the possessive form of you. The possessive form refers to something that a person has, something that belongs to the person in question, or the person you are talking to. Your reflects ownership, as in "yours, mine, and ours".

"Is your stomach growling?"
"Your book is on the table."

6. Remember that the word your will usually not be followed by an adjective. In most cases, your will not be followed by an adjective (a word that describes something) when that adjective is describing the person that you are talking to.

In other words, saying "Your very kind" will almost never be correct. "Your very kind" would only be correct if someone were describing a noun, as in "Your nice son brought me my coat." Here, your nice is correct because nice is describing the person's son.

7. Take a look at some examples. Each of the following examples shows an incorrect use of your/you're, and why it is incorrect.

"I can't read you're handwriting."
Incorrect, because the contraction for you are is being used in place of the possessive form of you. "I can't read you are handwriting"' doesn't make sense. It should be replaced with your.

"If your hungry, then you should probably eat something."
Incorrect because there is no possession in question. You can be hungry, but in English you don't possess hunger. This passes the replacement test. Rewriting it with you are fits. Your should be replaced here with you're, or you are.

"I think your very smart."
Again, incorrect. The "very smart" does not belong to the person that you are talking to — this doesn't make any sense. Replace your with you're, or you are.

"I'm smarter than you're"
Correct, because the contraction for you are has been used in place of the possessive form of you. However, this unconventional usage is likely to confuse people, so avoid ending a sentence with you're even if it's grammatically correct.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

on the one hand that's really helpful(cause yeah I make that mixup all the time), on the other posting all that instead of linking me to somewhere for that comes off as being really passive aggressive, which I'll admit cheeses me off a tad

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

smashpro1 posted:

Continuity went out the window with Rapture's Delight. That's why they could do things like having a puppy get squished by a hot air balloon piloted by pirate cats.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

How to Use You're and Your

Mistaking "you're" for "your" - or vice versa - is a common writing error most people have made at least once. It is also a grammatical mistake that can be disproportionately irritating and confusing for the reader. Fortunately, once you know how to differentiate the two, you'll hardly ever mix them up ever again.

1. Understand the proper usage of the word you need. The best way to do that is to sound it out. There is a replacement test that will tell you for certain which word will fit. Read the sentence with you are in place of where the your/you're is intended. If it makes sense, then you're would be right. If not, then your would fit. You could also replace your with my in the sentence. If it fits, then use your.

2. Create a mnemonic to help you distinguish between the words. A mnemonic is a device that helps you remember something. You may find a mnemonic helpful when remembering the difference between you're and your. Elements such as parallelism and vivid imagery are usually effective mnemonic tools.

Consider the sentence "If you're writing it you're, you're writing it right." You are doing something when you write, and thus the contraction you're is correct.
You could also try something like the sentence "Your Outraged Unicorns Race," where the first letter of each word spells out the correct usage. Because the unicorns belong to you, they're your unicorns.

3. Write you're as a contraction or a combination of the words you and are. Other examples of contractions include doesn't for does not, they're for they are, and can't for cannot.

"You're a good friend" means "You are a good friend."
"I don't know what you're talking about" means "I do not know what you are talking about."

4. Remember that you're is actually a combination of two words. It thus fulfills two very important roles in a sentence or clause. Because it includes both a pronoun and a verb, you're will always be the subject and at least part of the verb of any clause in which it appears.

5. Write your as the possessive form of you. The possessive form refers to something that a person has, something that belongs to the person in question, or the person you are talking to. Your reflects ownership, as in "yours, mine, and ours".

"Is your stomach growling?"
"Your book is on the table."

6. Remember that the word your will usually not be followed by an adjective. In most cases, your will not be followed by an adjective (a word that describes something) when that adjective is describing the person that you are talking to.

In other words, saying "Your very kind" will almost never be correct. "Your very kind" would only be correct if someone were describing a noun, as in "Your nice son brought me my coat." Here, your nice is correct because nice is describing the person's son.

7. Take a look at some examples. Each of the following examples shows an incorrect use of your/you're, and why it is incorrect.

"I can't read you're handwriting."
Incorrect, because the contraction for you are is being used in place of the possessive form of you. "I can't read you are handwriting"' doesn't make sense. It should be replaced with your.

"If your hungry, then you should probably eat something."
Incorrect because there is no possession in question. You can be hungry, but in English you don't possess hunger. This passes the replacement test. Rewriting it with you are fits. Your should be replaced here with you're, or you are.

"I think your very smart."
Again, incorrect. The "very smart" does not belong to the person that you are talking to — this doesn't make any sense. Replace your with you're, or you are.

"I'm smarter than you're"
Correct, because the contraction for you are has been used in place of the possessive form of you. However, this unconventional usage is likely to confuse people, so avoid ending a sentence with you're even if it's grammatically correct.
:allears: best poster in tviv

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

drrockso20 posted:

on the one hand that's really helpful(cause yeah I make that mixup all the time), on the other posting all that instead of linking me to somewhere for that comes off as being really passive aggressive, which I'll admit cheeses me off a tad

it's almost like that was his intention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

Your taking it to personally.