Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

TheFluff posted:

If you want reliability I guess try the 90mm? Cippa used to run that I think.

Still at that point you're just driving a bad Ru 251.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Prav posted:

Still at that point you're just driving a bad Ru 251.

True. The T49 just doesn't seem to be very good.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

It just never ends...

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheFluff posted:

-Good
-Cool looking
-Fun

Pick two.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

WitchFetish posted:

-Good
-Cool looking
-Fun

Pick two.

-worse tier 8 light than the M41 :v:

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

WitchFetish posted:

-Good
-Cool looking
-Fun

Pick two.

Which tanks are good, cool looking, but not fun?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Blindeye posted:

WT-E100

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Blindeye posted:

AMX 50 120, Lorraine. The cool looking part is debatable, but those tanks are good if you know how to play them, but the playstyle they demand gets to be a chore.

I guess the common thread is tanks that can't take hits but have high damage autoloaders and so have a huge offense/burst. They're great when things line up and pure frustration when they don't, which is unfortunately more frequent.

50 120 goes above and beyond by having crippling elevation issues though.

frood fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 2, 2015

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WitchFetish posted:

-Good
-Cool looking
-Fun

Pick two.

the 110 and the t-54 are all three

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

WitchFetish posted:

-Good
-Cool looking
-Fun

Pick two.

E-50M is all three.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

TheFluff posted:

It really isn't, it really should have the ability to shoot AP shells out of the 90mm, making it a taller Ru-251. But the T49 isn't there to be good, its there to answer the question of "What if there was a KV-2 that went 72kph?"

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
They should have given the t49 152mm gun a gold hesh shell :can:

Edit: also, Armored Warfare update. The t-62 modeled in game still has a log. However, unlike in WoT, the log doubles as a mudflap.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 2, 2015

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
9.8.1 is live on EU. No actual note on what it does as far as I can see. Mods seem to work if you just move them from the 9.8 folder.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

9.8.1 is live on EU. No actual note on what it does as far as I can see. Mods seem to work if you just move them from the 9.8 folder.

It enables Domination, which sorta owns. Play it, but you better bring a platoon (need three dudes though, no two-man platoons apparently).

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

JuffoWup posted:

They should have given the t49 152mm gun a gold hesh shell :can:

Edit: also, Armored Warfare update. The t-62 modeled in game still has a log. However, unlike in WoT, the log doubles as a mudflap.

Gold MGM-51. Go full awesome

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

NA just went down for maintenance, same thing I guess. Just rename 9.8 folder 9.8.1?

Yeah and is that domination mode where you earn personal reserves cause a boost to exp or whatever would be noice.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
So I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning I found this notice:

Mission completed! Reward:

Vehicles added: T110E5 (D) (100% crew), AMX 50 B (D) (100% crew), Object 140 (D) (100% crew)
Slots added: 3

What's this from?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

So I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning I found this notice:

Mission completed! Reward:

Vehicles added: T110E5 (D) (100% crew), AMX 50 B (D) (100% crew), Object 140 (D) (100% crew)
Slots added: 3

What's this from?

The aforementioned new domination battle mode. It is some points game with unlimited lives. Those are the 3 tanks that have unlimited lives.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
This is how I picture pubbies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx5W2d60VtQ

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
:siren:Domination is Live!:siren:

It's pretty fun. Ran with Zeus and Q_Res for 3 matches, we won 2 of them and had stupid fun.

This mode will teach you how to focus fire in a platoon if you don't know how to do that.

How to play it:

-pick up flag
-put flag in one of the 2 points on opposite side as your spawn, instantly scores, flag respawns 5 seconds later in mid.
-if a flag carrier dies he drops flag, then it starts a respawn timer in which it will spawn mid again.
-yellow points will repair you if you sit in them for 5 seconds, then they cooldown for a minute
-when you die in a tank you can pick one of the other 2 and respawn in 10 seconds, or wait 30 seconds to respawn in the tank you died in.
-map size determines players and how many victory points wins.
-a kill is 1 point, captures are more or less depending on map, but always MUCH more than kills, 2-3 caps wins game.

Some Facts:

-you need 3 people to platoon, 2 doesn't work
-You all should have the 3 tanks used in domination already (I'm not sure if this mode is locked behind any gates for new or non-premium players)
-It looks like you can transfer your crews and retrain them to and from as you like, but the domination mode T100E5 (D), 50B (D), and Object 140 (D) are not the same as their normal mode tanks and would require 300 gold to retrain.
-You can outfit each tank with equipment
-There are no modules to research
-You can earn free exp on them
-You can Accelerate Crew Training on them (they are not premiums, the crew must be trained for the tank, you cannot use this mode to train crews for other tanks)
-You can load Gold rounds as usual, but those 3 tanks are penetrable from any angle with any of the 3 tanks, so definitely not required.
-You have to repair and reload each tank you use, but I THINK you only have to pay for 1 of each consumable, per tank. For example I believe I played a round in which I used the Object 140 and repaired tracks, then played the E5 and then played the 140again and tracked again, but I only payed for 1 kit. IDK it's late, could be wrong.

Some Opinions:

-I don't think it'll be worth it to retrain your normal Tier 10 3 skill crews to this as the skills and perks aren't going to be worth the same. For example Sixth sense is practically useless in Domination. You could easily go all repair or BiA on first skill or just the accuracy skills with a mix of repair on the others then BiA.
-IDK how this will reflect on our STATISTICS but I think wargaming should be able to keep it seperate from other STATISTICS, but who knows cause its wargaming. If anything it'll help your STATISTICS.
-Could honestly make the game better by putting all the shitlords that die all the time in normal matches in this game to satisfy themselves.
-Could honestly kill the game by gutting the playerbase for the traditional mode.

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 2, 2015

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there any information on the IS-5? Trying to figure out if it's worth joining a clan again or if I should enjoy not having to do that poo poo ever again for a bad tank I'll play twice.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

AlmightyPants posted:

Is there any information on the IS-5? Trying to figure out if it's worth joining a clan again or if I should enjoy not having to do that poo poo ever again for a bad tank I'll play twice.

There's this, I suppose:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyRuDyBk9Kc

Seems like a slightly slower IS-3 with slightly stronger side armor, a bit higher DPM and premium credit printing. Silver shell is APCR and gold is HEAT, but the penetration figures on both are very close to those of the IS-3. If you like the IS-3 I guess you can't really go wrong with it, but I doubt I'll bother trying to grind it myself since I already have the IS-6. I'd say the premium matchmaking definitely makes up for the reduced need to fire gold.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Recently got a T-32. Is it just me, or does it behave very much like a Pershing with bigger alpha and a slower fire rate? Doesn't seem like as much of a front-line slugger as the 29.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

AlmightyPants posted:

It's so close to the event that if you're not in a clan that'll get you into the top 1000 or 2500 at this point they'll just view you as a J4G and you'll likely never get picked over their vets and buddies even if they do let you in. You'd really have to bring something to the table, and no one even knows the exact particulars of the event. All I know is that I couldn't care less about getting another T8 Russian Heavy, which will likely cost over 10k in gold, or at least 7500 to match the Lowe's original price.

I'll probably decide to start playing again for the T54E2, though.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jun 2, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
Getting into the top 11k for the 907 was a loving hassle. Had to play* a fuckton of tanks over a looong period of time. I barely got it, and didnt secure my spot until the very last battle on the very last day... I seriously doubt whether I'll bother with clams again any time soon/ever.

*more accurately, spend ages every day idling around waiting for battles to pop to secure a place among the 15 people in the lineup

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Recently got a T-32. Is it just me, or does it behave very much like a Pershing with bigger alpha and a slower fire rate? Doesn't seem like as much of a front-line slugger as the 29.

It shouldn't be surprising, but yeah, it basically IS a Pershing with a bigger gun. Like, it's literally a lengthened Pershing chassis.

Just wait until you get the top turret though; it's one of the few things with more turret armor than the T29. The stock turret is useless.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Rorac posted:

It shouldn't be surprising, but yeah, it basically IS a Pershing with a bigger gun. Like, it's literally a lengthened Pershing chassis.

Just wait until you get the top turret though; it's one of the few things with more turret armor than the T29. The stock turret is useless.

Oh, I was smart enough to elite it with free XP. I just felt that its speed, its agility, and the way enemy armour and gun penetration increase so hard in the last few tiers meant that it was better as a heavy flanker than a bullet-magnet steamroller.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Atal Vataman posted:

Getting into the top 11k for the 907 was a loving hassle. Had to play* a fuckton of tanks over a looong period of time. I barely got it, and didnt secure my spot until the very last battle on the very last day... I seriously doubt whether I'll bother with clams again any time soon/ever.

*more accurately, spend ages every day idling around waiting for battles to pop to secure a place among the 15 people in the lineup

Yeah this last campaign for the 907 was really just a chore, spending hours every night waiting for battles to queue up. Actually now that I mention it I think CW in general is kind of a chore.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Axetrain posted:

Yeah this last campaign for the 907 was really just a chore, spending hours every night waiting for battles to queue up. Actually now that I mention it I think CW in general is kind of a chore.

Isn't the amount of gold you get out of CW roughly equivalent to a sweat shop salary in Bangladesh if you compare the cost of the gold to the hours spent on CW?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
So many people trying to brawl in a CTF match type :negative:

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
also, high tier cw meta is dull as poo poo on most/all maps

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Haquer posted:

So many people trying to brawl in a CTF match type :negative:

Of course. Some sit near repair points all match, some ignore the flag sitting right next to them and keep shooting at whatever til it disappears and re-spawns center, and there's always 1 or 2 sniping from the hill on Sand River miles from the action. It's kinda fun but don't expect more than 1/3 of the team to understand what you're trying to achieve.
And from what I've read we get to keep the crews at the end of the event at least.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Rorac posted:

The good thing is that the top turret is so strong that when you still have the stock turret, a lot of people who don't know the stock/top hp difference will just automatically not shoot at your turret at ranges where they can't visually identify that you're faking them out.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Atal Vataman posted:

And this time it's not 11k getting the tank for free, it's only 4500. The rest have to buy it for gold. So unless you're in the absolute top you have to spend a shitton of time just to get the privilege of being allowed to buy it.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

TheFluff posted:

And this time it's not 11k getting the tank for free, it's only 4500. The rest have to buy it for gold. So unless you're in the absolute top you have to spend a shitton of time just to get the privilege of being allowed to buy it.

:lol:

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:
IS-5 looks nice, too bad it's a CW reward.

Here's the tank it became, the IS-8/IS-10/T-10 in action - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=widlMkhslko

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011
Someone help me get in a clan that is actually going to try for the reward tank.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
50 games in the Comet, 2 marks of excellence :getin:. People are really bad in this tank.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children

rossmum posted:

IS-5 looks nice, too bad it's a CW reward.

Here's the tank it became, the IS-8/IS-10/T-10 in action - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=widlMkhslko

Cool video, looks like its before 9.8 though since they keep missing their shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Let's release a new T10 american medium tank... but make it so only poopsockers can get it!!!!! loving genius 10/10

Seriously though Domination is pretty fun, but I kinda wish I could take the flag from my retarded teammates who don't even drive towards caps.