Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

I've never played these games so if you're taking a drink on phrases I would like to suggest "Snake", "watch out", "button", "Metal Gear", "top secret", "battlefield" and/or "codec"

I don't know how often any of those show up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
How about "soldier", "brother" and "nuclear/nuke"?

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I'm pretty sure soldier would kill him. And I'm not even talking about the long conversations where they discuss what it is to be a soldier. The word soldier is just used a helluva lot to discuss gameplay and the like.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Might as well at this point start suggesting he drink every time the words "The" and "And" are used. :rolleyes:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

just drink until i say stop

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Drink every time someone who isn't Raiden says something along the lines of 'I don't/didn't know' or 'they didn't tell me' or 'didn't have clearance' or whatever.

Also drink any time Plissken does something you wish you were doing.

I haven't seen much of MGS 2 in years (probably since the last MGS 2 LP) but I hope those pan out.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Take a drink every time Rose annoys you.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Mehuyael posted:

Also drink any time Plissken does something you wish you were doing.

Trasson posted:

Take a drink every time Rose annoys you.

There isn't enough beer in the world for these.

Also how would you guys feel if we did a Dog Tag run of the Big Shell? I already have most of the normal difficulty Tanker tags, but I don't have any of the Plant ones. More opportunity for me to get caught and have to drink :v:

Just to up the ante, for every % of tags missed, I'll take a drink of Budweiser Light Apple in the next video after the results (whether we do Acid, MGS3, Snake's Tales, VR missions, whatever), so for example, if we get 97% tags, I'll take three drinks. This is a 100% hubris run :smugbert:

also if you can't tell I'm kinda excited for MGS2

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

I'm glad I remembered right!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Do the dog tag run and also take a drink for every time they say "information". It'll come up big at the end when they talk information control, and it's the kind of word that might show up from time to time during the course of the game but not overly much.

Iron Chitlin
Sep 3, 2011

I need to use the bathroom!

Danaru posted:

Also how would you guys feel if we did a Dog Tag run of the Big Shell? I already have most of the normal difficulty Tanker tags, but I don't have any of the Plant ones. More opportunity for me to get caught and have to drink :v:

Just to up the ante, for every % of tags missed, I'll take a drink of Budweiser Light Apple in the next video after the results (whether we do Acid, MGS3, Snake's Tales, VR missions, whatever), so for example, if we get 97% tags, I'll take three drinks. This is a 100% hubris run :smugbert:

also if you can't tell I'm kinda excited for MGS2

There really shouldn't be this fine a line between a drinking game and a death wish.

Indeterminacy
Sep 9, 2011

Excuse me, your Rabbit parts are undetached.
How about every time somebody mentions VR Training?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Indeterminacy posted:

How about every time somebody mentions VR Training?

Were giving him ideas, not trying to kill him.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

mateo360 posted:

Were giving him ideas, not trying to kill him.
At this point, they're basically suggesting to drink for every time any character says anything.

Which would basically result in alcohol poisoning before the first cutscene even finishes.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I still think "Patriots" works. There's really only cause for concern in the last quarter of the game.

And I'm also excited for MGS2. Out of curiosity, it sounds like Grace knows MGS1, but has she played all the games and knows the entire crazy story? I personally love watching first time reactions to MGS2.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Drink every time someone mentions / you visit Strut F.

Hammurabi
Nov 4, 2009
Drink every time a character says a thing.

Drink every time Snake or Raiden is on-screen.

Hook yourself up to an iv machine filled with beer when you turn the game on and dont let anyone remove it until the game is turned off.

Hammurabi fucked around with this message at 20:55 on May 31, 2015

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:siren:Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Episode 11 - Ghost Hug:siren:

Holy christ we're back, that took forever. And to bring us back, an entire episode of funiculars :frog:

Fun facts for this episode:

-CROWS ARE JERKS AND I HATE THEM. Also birds in general are jerks too.
-It takes me two more episodes to finish the thought about Snatcher's MG MKII and MGS4's MG MKII
-I do NOT get bizarrely into aircraft, Grace is just a damned phillistine when it comes to humans achieving god drat flight. :colbert:
-I honestly don't know what AKB48 is, but Grace is a massive weeaboo/koreaboo, and mentioning them makes Grace angry, so naturally I bring them up whenever I can :v:
-My phone updated during Naomi's five hour back story dump and tried to restart, which is why I tuned out most of it. Grace can sense weakness and preys upon it immediately.
-If anyone can explain the joke Grace made in the Blast Furnace that I said no one will get, I'll chug a bud light apple during the intro cutscenes to MGS2 :getin:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jun 2, 2015

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011
Grace is ferocious.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh jesus you played Rayman DS? You poor bastard.

Hugmonster VIII
Jan 5, 2008

i think that turtle
want to race us!
Drink every time Danaru accidentally calls Roy Campbell "Paul".

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Hugmonster VIII posted:

That's not an accident, Paul is the first name of Campbell's voice actor.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009

Danaru posted:

:siren:Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Episode 11 - Ghost Hug:siren:

Holy christ we're back, that took forever. And to bring us back, an entire episode of funiculars :frog:

-CROWS ARE JERKS AND I HATE THEM. Also birds in general are jerks too.
-It takes me two more episodes to finish the thought about Snatcher's MG MKII and MGS4's MG MKII
-I do NOT get bizarrely into aircraft, Grace is just a damned phillistine when it comes to humans achieving god drat flight. :colbert:
-I honestly don't know what AKB48 is, but Grace is a massive weeaboo/koreaboo, and mentioning them makes Grace angry, so naturally I bring them up whenever I can :v:
-My phone updated during Naomi's five hour back story dump and tried to restart, which is why I tuned out most of it. Grace can sense weakness and preys upon it immediately.

Is this the first beer you're drinking?

Because Sapporo is an amazing beer and it was the first beer ever I actually liked so drinking it every day in japan introduced me to the wonderful world of beer.

Also AKB and all Asian idol groups are the worst thing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Nyagato posted:

Is this the first beer you're drinking?

Because Sapporo is an amazing beer and it was the first beer ever I actually liked so drinking it every day in japan introduced me to the wonderful world of beer.

Also AKB and all Asian idol groups are the worst thing.

That's the stuff! I generally stick with local, or at least Canadian booze, but I plan to pick this up once in a while for non-punishment purposes :v:

whoops I just realized I forgot to update the op and the beer post, I'll do that when I get home

CirclMastr posted:

Hugmonster VIII posted:

That's not an accident, Paul is the first name of Campbell's voice actor.

Yep, it's also why we call Liquid "Cam" and sometimes call Naomi "Jen"

If any of you haven't seen Retsupurae's video of Evil Zone, you absolutely should because it features Paul Eiding as a bounty hunter with a gigantic laser sword and wrist mounted rocket launcher. He also does the exact same voice as he uses for Campbell.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014

Danaru posted:

How about taking a drink each time Grace does an accent? :v:

Count me in on the never played Mario 64 club. With the Saturn and PS1 around, the N64 was non-existant to me. Also you blew up a rat with a rocket. What the hell.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
I don't think I can follow this LP anymore. Crows and Ravens are awesome! Such Avian racism here. :( It's so sad.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

Zain posted:

I don't think I can follow this LP anymore. Crows and Ravens are awesome! Such Avian racism here. :( It's so sad.
The only birds that deserves to be shat on are Canadian Geese.

gently caress those assholes.

Ghost Stromboli
Mar 31, 2011

Hugmonster VIII posted:

Drink every time Danaru says, "... you know what?"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Drink every time you Drink.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

ArclightBorealis posted:

The only birds that deserves to be shat on are Canadian Geese.

gently caress those assholes.

Yeah, they have two things going against them. 1) Canadian and 2) they're Geese.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Zain posted:

Anything capable of bringing themselves to harm one of these creatures is pure evil in my books. :colbert:

As for ravens, they just ate an entire gigantic human being, skeleton and pants. I don't trust any of those either. Non-Shadow Moses ravens are probably alright.

Ghost Stromboli posted:

Drink every time Danaru says, "... you know what?"

I only ever say that when Grace is being full of poo poo.

...Which means I never stop saying it :(

Also we'll be starting MGS2 sometime next week I hope, so if you have any suggestions for drinking words, bold them in your post. We'll probably take two at a time.

Danaru fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jun 3, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Jack. We'll miss you.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

anilEhilated posted:

Jack. We'll miss you.

Remember, we're starting from the Tanker chapter, and we'll be changing up the drinking words every once in a while, so you might want to save that one :v: you monster

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Memes, and VR training
Oh crap Tanker, Im saving the above for Big shell.

[e]: Changed my vote!
Metal Gear, Nuclear

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jun 3, 2015

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember any buzzwords in the tanker... Maybe Marines and Russian?

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jun 3, 2015

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Codec and exercise

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Try to take pictures of the new Metal Gear. We need some evidence.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

Danaru posted:

Anything capable of bringing themselves to harm one of these creatures is pure evil in my books. :colbert:

As for ravens, they just ate an entire gigantic human being, skeleton and pants. I don't trust any of those either. Non-Shadow Moses ravens are probably alright.
Red Pandas are indeed adorable adorable, but so are crows/ravens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqLU-o7N7Kw

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Snake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:siren:Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Episode 12 - Dan Fights A Giant loving Robot :siren:

loving FINALLY.

-None this time, just enjoy me fighting a robot and then Cam Clarke rambling about nonsense.