Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I eat meat, subject any female who crosses me with sexual intent and looooooove self masochism by reading this thread.

gently caress you lot are awful sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When I was living alone I ate mostly vegetarian because of the price of meat. I do enjoy the taste of meat but I think it's a lot better for the environment/your health/your wallet to eat vegetarian.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

You Am I posted:

I eat meat, subject any female who crosses me with sexual intent and looooooove self masochism by reading this thread.

gently caress you lot are awful sometimes

Seriously, this thread shows why the left fails in Australia - you guys are such tremendous loving assholes why would anyone want to be on our side. Seriously, so many loving assholes.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
For you see, gentle reader, I am reliably informed that the edible flesh of asylum seeker takes on quite an agreeable taste when prepared in a rendang, or a satay, or several other marinades native to Southeast Asia.

I therefore offer that the offshore processing of asylum seekers for sustenance and profit has several distinct advantages for the refugees concerned and the common wealth.

Asylum seekers will appreciate their time being pampered and fatted before they are utilised with all the kindness and gentleness required to maintain the highest standards of flavour and succulence. Surely this is a much preferable end than the certain horrors of drowning, or being dashed against rocks, or suffocated belowdecks.

There can be no doubt that consumers will also benefit from this arrangement, having access to flavoursome and nutritious sustenance at a reasonable price.

It is well known that the Japanese have a taste for exotic sea-meats. To this end I propose that Japanese whaling fleets be licensed (for a fee) to operate in the waters between Indonesia and Christmas Island to save the boat people from an even more unpleasant end, and to extract some utility from their plight. It is my further hope that this new delicacy would displace to some extent their hunger for whale meat, and that cetacean would become rarer on the menus of Tokyo and Osaka, thus assisting our efforts to save the lives of the noble giants.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lid posted:

Seriously, this thread shows why the left fails in Australia - you guys are such tremendous loving assholes why would anyone want to be on our side. Seriously, so many loving assholes.

i think you might be conflating 'the left' with goons.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
This thread has always been on the militant side of any opinion, it's hypocritical and worthless as gently caress to suddenly throw that criticism about just because you don't personally agree with it

Go gently caress

urself

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
Woah you can't say all those awful things about Joe Hockey, what if my 90 year old grandmother wandered in off the street and heard you calling this nice young politician man a wanker, you're giving the left a bad name, you're everything that's wrong with the world

Get a grip you tossers

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

This thread has always been on the militant side of any opinion, it's hypocritical and worthless as gently caress to suddenly throw that criticism about just because you don't personally agree with it

Go gently caress

urself

I literally have no idea what the opinions been espoused in the last few pages has been because it's been dickheaded nonsense that is impenetrable to read. It has nothing to do with militant anything. So please keep making false equivalencies when the issue literally has nothing to do with the opinions espoused because iof you can concisely explain what the last several hundred posts have been about that can't be summed up more succinctly with "people have been assholes" you get a prize.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Well the last few pages have been about people saying vegetarianism was dumb and vegetarians are insufferable and then that started a discussion about how relative vegetarianism is good and almost inevitable anyway as far as fighting climate change, and then that started a few side-bars about empathy and animal welfare and we rounded the whole thing off by agreeing that you can't expect the world to go 100% vegetarian (or vegan) but nobody actually does anyway, what's most important is to drastically reduce meat consumption as a society, and some folks have had some pretty good veggie burgers around the place so things are looking on the up and up.

What was it about words in particular that you struggled with. Like should we have swapped over to a more dyslexic-friendly font because I think that's more a client-side issue

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
After that reply we seem to have gone the long way around back to "vegetarians are insufferable."

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Also all auspol is 100% poo poo all the time, every single poster who has posted more than once a month is responsible for an ungodly amount of festering diseased turds, the only difference is that sometimes different people are involved in different discussions. It takes a pretty impressive amount of self unawareness to roll up and blame the thread on everyone else so congratulations on that I guess?

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Lid posted:

After that reply we seem to have gone the long way around back to "vegetarians are insufferable."

A vegetarian is someone who doesn't eat meat

Congratulations on joining the tens of millions of beergut-porting singlet-wearing tinnie-chugging fair-dinkum australians who reinforce their own particular stereotype of worthless anti-intellectualism

Share with us your other gems of unoriginal wisdom. Maybe you have some opinions on homosexuals (but that's not the word you use for them, am I right copper! ha ha!) or women drivers or asians

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Also all auspol is 100% poo poo all the time, every single poster who has posted more than once a month is responsible for an ungodly amount of festering diseased turds, the only difference is that sometimes different people are involved in different discussions. It takes a pretty impressive amount of self unawareness to roll up and blame the thread on everyone else so congratulations on that I guess?

Ok so AusPol is self-aware in its "ironically" being the shittiest expression of political thought, therefore its ok. Such great heights.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No I guess it just boils down to you being a poo poo poster and not knowing it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

A vegetarian is someone who doesn't eat meat

Congratulations on joining the tens of millions of beergut-porting singlet-wearing tinnie-chugging fair-dinkum australians who reinforce their own particular stereotype of worthless anti-intellectualism

Share with us your other gems of unoriginal wisdom. Maybe you have some opinions on homosexuals (but that's not the word you use for them, am I right copper! ha ha!) or women drivers or asians

No, It's closer to you being insufferable and using a glib response. Sit down in the corner where you can continue to rail against the heavens because you have done vegetarianism no favours. They need you as much as they need PETA. You're hurting the cause.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Also known as: being an rear end in a top hat.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
you can have my meat pies over my burnt loving corpse

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Did anyone mention that there's a whole slew of poor health outcomes correlated with diets high in red and processed meats?

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Lid posted:

No, It's closer to you being insufferable and using a glib response. Sit down in the corner where you can continue to rail against the heavens because you have done vegetarianism no favours. They need you as much as they need PETA. You're hurting the cause.

Yes I am a key spokesperson for vegetarians everywhere, and your whinge about vegetarians rather than about the thousand other auspol shitpost trains isnt hypocritical at all and has nothing to do with the fact that you just don't identify with this one

I apologise wholeheartedly on behalf of the vegetarian community for not having slogged through tired bogan idiocy with everlasting grace and patience. I am probably also a member of some esoteric ethnic group, should I apologise on behalf of them as well

Quantum Mechanic
Apr 25, 2010

Just another fuckwit who thrives on fake moral outrage.
:derp:Waaaah the Christians are out to get me:derp:

lol abbottsgonnawin

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

The great thing about weaning yourself off meat is that meat is kind of an addiction and once you're on the other side you don't tend to miss it so much. It's super easy to eat meat 24/7 and the cheap protein and fats coming in tell your body it's amazing, but it's kind of the coca cola and salt and vinegar chips of food - once you take a break from it and then come back to it with a clean slate, you feel kind of dirty eating it, emotional/moral burden aside.

I actually eat considerably less meat than I used to, since a) my wife went vegetarian and b) I join the Greens, where EVERY event is catered vegetarian. I eat at least one and generally two vegetarian meals in any given day at this point.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

But thanks Lid for coming in on the tail end of a bunch of people actually talking about poo poo and having a cranky whinge, your presence is appreciated. Maybe you could start posting CAD comics to round out the useful poster complement

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Eating meat is cool and good and so is being a Vegan/vegetarian.

Its the self righteousness and that is poo poo and dumb. Just eat what you enjoy and dont make a big deal out of it either way.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Laserface posted:

Eating meat is cool and good and so is being a Vegan/vegetarian.

Its the self righteousness and that is poo poo and dumb. Just eat what you enjoy and dont make a big deal out of it either way.

I don't care about [generic progressive movement] what I hate are the uppity radicals that ruin it for everyone

Remarkable how what qualifies "uppity radical" is always very specific to their own personal position on the matter

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Yes I am a key spokesperson for vegetarians everywhere, and your whinge about vegetarians rather than about the thousand other auspol shitpost trains isnt hypocritical at all and has nothing to do with the fact that you just don't identify with this one

I apologise wholeheartedly on behalf of the vegetarian community for not having slogged through tired bogan idiocy with everlasting grace and patience. I am probably also a member of some esoteric ethnic group, should I apologise on behalf of them as well

You do realise my "whinge" was about everyone acting like an rear end in a top hat regardless of the topic and you seem to have made this a cause celebrate that it was directed at vegetarianism? It literally had nothing to do with vegetarianism, but then you palmed that off as "oh we're always militant shitposters" and then it became a label of anti-intellectualism... or something. You are incoherent and upset and really angry over that you are a tremendous dickhead. Your politics played no part in this judgment.

Like seriously "I apologise wholeheartedly on behalf of the vegetarian community for not having slogged through tired bogan idiocy with everlasting grace and patience." how loving pious are you when I didn't even mention the politics just that people were behaving like self-righteous dickheads and it was increasingly clear why AusPol suffers so much from a lack of political honesty, intelligence and integrity? Grow a pair, sit down, and stop throwing around anti-intellectualism when you're the one defending militant shitposting as if being "ironically" terrible is somehow anything other than being a political hipster.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Lid posted:

You do realise my "whinge" was about everyone acting like an rear end in a top hat regardless of the topic and you seem to have made this a cause celebrate that it was directed at vegetarianism? It literally had nothing to do with vegetarianism, but then you palmed that off as "oh we're always militant shitposters" and then it became a label of anti-intellectualism... or something. You are incoherent and upset and really angry over that you are a tremendous dickhead. Your politics played no part in this judgment.

Like seriously "I apologise wholeheartedly on behalf of the vegetarian community for not having slogged through tired bogan idiocy with everlasting grace and patience." how loving pious are you when I didn't even mention the politics just that people were behaving like self-righteous dickheads and it was increasingly clear why AusPol suffers so much from a lack of political honesty, intelligence and integrity? Grow a pair, sit down, and stop throwing around anti-intellectualism when you're the one defending militant shitposting as if being "ironically" terrible is somehow anything other than being a political hipster.

Lid posted:

You're chucking poo poo at auspol as though we're a public-facing campaign and spokespeople, individually and en masse. What campaign are we spokespeople for then?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I've been vegetarian for 13 years but this thread is making me want to go get a steak out of spite.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Lid posted:

Young Labor post

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

I want to be a political hipster.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What are you guys even talking about, even mafia posts make more sense than whatever poo poo you guys are dribbling.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Nobody does stupid and lovely tone(s) arguments better than bougie milquetoasts

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
I'd probably go vegy if I didn't train, but in saying that there's plenty of people who do it as vegetarians, or even vegans, so I'm not sure what that makes me really.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

You're chucking poo poo at auspol as though we're a public-facing campaign and spokespeople, individually and en masse. What campaign are we spokespeople for then?

IF you want to be spokes people for anything how about not trying to palm off every criticism as if its a part of a conspiratorial systemic put down. If you want to be a political entity to convince others be one, but if you are going to be an rear end in a top hat then when you get called out on being an rear end in a top hat you can't throw a fit about how "it's always been this way". You have something thats really pissed you off and God help me if I can work it out but you, personally, are coming across as an obnoxious, self-righteous, self-absorbed douchebag. That is directed at you. That is far removed from any politics you might have or espouse or anything, and puts you in league with guys like soag for just being dicks.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Jonah sliding back into the thread on the back of Lid's weekly "this thread is poo poo you're all wankers" cry, no1ce

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

Lid posted:

IF you want to be spokes people for anything how about not trying to palm off every criticism as if its a part of a conspiratorial systemic put down. If you want to be a political entity to convince others be one, but if you are going to be an rear end in a top hat then when you get called out on being an rear end in a top hat you can't throw a fit about how "it's always been this way". You have something thats really pissed you off and God help me if I can work it out but you, personally, are coming across as an obnoxious, self-righteous, self-absorbed douchebag. That is directed at you. That is far removed from any politics you might have or espouse or anything, and puts you in league with guys like soag for just being dicks.

Yeah I wasn't a spokesperson for anything and never claimed to be, I was posting on par with the rest of auspol posts since time immemorial, sorry that I don't care about not hitting that impossibly high bar that you've never deigned to seek yourself

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

i think its time for someone to be told to drink the piss.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

Yeah I wasn't a spokesperson for anything and never claimed to be, I was posting on par with the rest of auspol posts since time immemorial, sorry that I don't care about not hitting that impossibly high bar that you've never deigned to seek yourself

You became one when you started going off on about how militant is this thread and to criticise it was criticising vegetarianism. I didn't talk to you, I didn't respond to you, I had nothing to do with you until then but you took a political point and I replied. And now you're mad.

Well you were already mad but now you're mad at me. Whatever.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Tokamak posted:

i think its time for someone to be told to drink the piss.

Does piss count as vegetarian?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Does piss count as vegetarian?

Nope.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
drink the piss everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

Piss is vegetarian but not vegan

• Locked thread