Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
The new movie is called "MallBrats". I hope all of the rest of the movies dont have to feature his daughter akwardly acting with Brian O'halloran.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Jack Gladney posted:

Too bad DC already made the best commercial of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9XhC0WB0aw

I was about to say the Hawkman Baby Ruth commercial or the Superman Peanut Butter commercials, but you might be right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zpXIttAFjg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUn2B0fAgGg

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

MattD1zzl3 posted:

The new movie is called "MallBrats". I hope all of the rest of the movies dont have to feature his daughter akwardly acting with Brian O'halloran.

It would be an upgrade from Jeremy London.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I'm hoping it goes all Sandler family comedy. The characters from Mallrats dragging their kids off their computers and phones and taking them to the mall. We get goofy things like them buying Heelys and falling down an escalator. A rant about how Sweetest Day is a con.

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

She can't be any worse an actor than her mother.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'm of two minds: The one scene she was in during tusk was nailed and funny as hell, but she's using her amazing acting chops to pretend to be a teeenage girl on her smart phone...

dataisplural
Oct 27, 2013

a stream of poo and urine
K Smith thread best thread

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF
It's going to be hilarious if his daughter eventually takes up directing and surpasses her father in skill and know-how at a young age. Kevin would be so pissed. "You can't be a young darling indie director if you actually know the camera lens names! What the gently caress! I have to go do a 3 hour blog about this to receive emotional validation from my fan."

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I think he likes his family and would be proud of his daughter if she made good movies.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Yeah, Harley Quinn Smith actually growing up to make good movies would probably be a net win for everybody. It probably won't happen, though, because she's a chick and her father is notorious hack Kevin Smith.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

K. Waste posted:

because she's a chick

I'm misreading your intent with this statement right?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't think it would be that surprising if Kevin's child was better, if she chose to become a director. I don't think that kind of thing is completely without precedent either. If you ignore his '70's output (And that's a massive thing to ignore), I think one could make the argument that Sofia Coppola has a better track record as a director than Francis Ford.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Raxivace posted:

I don't think it would be that surprising if Kevin's child was better, if she chose to become a director. I don't think that kind of thing is completely without precedent either. If you ignore his '70's output (And that's a massive thing to ignore), I think one could make the argument that Sofia Coppola has a better track record as a director than Francis Ford.

All she has to do is be stronger in the fundamentals of filmmaking and she'll be better. I think it's more if she chooses the writer/director route over acting or some other profession.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

MacheteZombie posted:

Sexism is pretty much industry-wide. Even if she goes the indie route, she's gonna find it wicked hard to get any kind of serious production/distribution funding. Possibly she could just go to daddy for money, but that relates to part two of my point.

Also, chicks are icky and have cooties.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

MacheteZombie posted:

Being a female director is harder than winning the lottery.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I was just making sure K.Waste wasn't implying she couldn't make good movies because she was chick. Not because of systemic sexism.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Girls are gross, dude.

Ew.

edit: Kevin Smith could actually probably write and (maybe) direct a pretty good live action adaptation of Calvin & Hobbes.

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

cat doter posted:

Being a female director is harder than winning the lottery.

Having a famous director daddy is like already having your foot in the door, though.

Did he really name her Harley Quinn? Because that's kind of gross.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

poonchasta posted:

Did he really name her Harley Quinn? Because that's kind of gross.

His wife actually suggested it, apparently. If she hated it she could have just went by Harleen, which is a real name, though.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
99% chance daughter of kevin smith is ugly as gently caress so dont bring down the name harley quinn like that cmon its just loving selfish and egotistical man

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
She'll probably grow up to make one of those naval-gazing self-umentaries like Unhung Hero or Dear Mr. Waterson, and that'll be it.

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

Mr. Unlucky posted:

99% chance daughter of kevin smith is ugly as gently caress so dont bring down the name harley quinn like that cmon its just loving selfish and egotistical man

Is it cool if we don't make this thread about insulting 15 year old girls and equating their looks with their worth?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Natural derails for the Kevin Smith thread

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

She wore a stupid cool Bart Simpson dress that one time, she seems like a good person.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Hibernator posted:

Is it cool if we don't make this thread about insulting 15 year old girls and equating their looks with their worth?

Yeah, knowing her father, she's probably got thin skin.

Just kidding, she's fat and should go kill herself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

K. Waste posted:

Yeah, knowing her father, she's probably got thin skin.

Just kidding, she's fat and should go kill herself.

Even jokingly, let's not be telling people to commit suicide.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
We need Jaden Smith and Harley Quinn Smith as a duo of jr. crimefighters in a movie produced by Will Smith and written/directed by Kevin Smith.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Raxivace posted:

I wasn't telling anybody to commit suicide. I was saying somebody should commit suicide, in a completely indirect context.

But what if I told them they should kill themselves in a funny way? Like stand on a sidewalk, put a novelty gun to their head so that when they pull the trigger, a flag that reads "BANG" comes out, and then they laugh agreeably, backing right out into traffic as a bus comes along.

JediTalentAgent posted:

We need Jaden Smith and Harley Quinn Smith as a duo of jr. crimefighters in a movie produced by Will Smith and written/directed by Kevin Smith.

Spoiler alert: It ends with a romantic murder-suicide.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Can I suggest you should commit suicide? Not like, tell you, but just be like "hey man, it might be pretty cool if you were to do yourself in?" Cause I think that.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Raxivace posted:

Let me guess, you like everyone used to make these jokes until suicide took someone close to you, and now its not funny?

If i didnt have a sense of humor like that, i'd sure kill myself. I'm not telling you to do it, but all of the rest of us would be happier without you.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I think this thread committed suicide, and the mods should close it.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Who knew a thread about Kevin Smith could be even less funny than Comic Book Men?

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

JediTalentAgent posted:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith 2: Smith Harder

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
I apologize for not being funny RE suicide. Here are some funny or, at least, entertaining things RE suicide:

Bill Burr's Helicopter bit from I'm Sorry You Feel That Way https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uZSI9s5z7c

Now that we've established what people funnier than Kevin Smith can do with suicide, let's see what a better filmmaker can do with the same subject: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JCQep-H3Y

Finally, just in case any of you is considering suicide, take it from notorious awesome guy Freddie Mercury, and don't do it. (The alternative is to just have sex with Freddie Mercury which, honestly, doesn't sound like a bad proposition, since he wasn't even HIV positive at the time, and he's Freddie "Love Kills" Mercury.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn2z19QnEfQ

Or, if you're dead set on killing yourself, and just need some words of encouragement, have an angry, tattooed British rear end in a top hat screaming at you to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pGVNeafe6k

Or, be lulled off to sublime death by party people favorite, Andrew W.K.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-oDol2ENmU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
The next person who posts about suicide or the words "kill yourself" is getting probated for a month.

Talk about this stupid fat idiot and his movies.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

Yoshifan823 posted:

Mr. and Mrs. Smith 2: Smith Harder

Can we work in a Who special with Matt Smith and Kevin Smith as The Doctor and Silence Bob (who wears a novelty black suit hockey jersey and jorts.)?

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Kevin Smith movies are painless,
But his hackneyed style is graceless,
And I can take or leave them if I ple-e-e-e-e-ase

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

GonSmithe posted:

The next person who posts about suicide or the words "kill yourself" is getting probated for a month.

Talk about this stupid fat idiot and his movies.

I hear he smokes pot too!! 🐳

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Sure I can be an anus
But if Kevin Smith is famous
Then what's the point? I think I'll smoke some tree-e-e-e-e-s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Surlaw posted:

I hear he smokes pot too!! 🐳

I would like Smith's podcasts more if he didn't smoke quite so much pot and he was less crudely sexual. I know that's his shtick these days, but it's such a rut that the only way he can compliment something is to compare it to an orgasm. I enjoy his "Batman" podcast, especially when Marc Bernardin is cohosting, but goddamn Smith can be one note in how he describes things.

• Locked thread