Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

kmcormick9 posted:

You can use FSAs to buy mountain bikes?

There are health insurance FSAs and there are transportation benefit FSAs. He or she probably has the latter! I pay for parking with my FSA and have coworkers who use it for their bus pass, bike helmet, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

There are health insurance FSAs and there are transportation benefit FSAs. He or she probably has the latter! I pay for parking with my FSA and have coworkers who use it for their bus pass, bike helmet, etc.

That seems unlikely because he mentions gym memberships and treadmills, neither of which is covered by a transport FSA.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That was the same dude? Never mind then! Plus he wouldn't be buying too much of a bicycle with the IRS limit of $20/month.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Dude may have just misspoken. While I have a health FSA that doesn't cover bikes, etc., my employer also offers up to $800/yr for fitness gear or gym memberships. Perhaps s/he confused them.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

AlexF posted:

After owning a Peugeot 2008 for about a year (that I was extremely excited about and waited for for over four months) I finally had to admit that its gas mileage is simply unacceptable for a car built in 2014. So I shuffled some numbers, made a few calls and am now proud owner of this thing.

I originally wanted to go all electric, but I think we're still a couple of years away from that to be completely practical. This is the next best thing. Driving it for the first time a couple of days ago brought the most stupid smile to my face. It feels like a step into the future and it' should cut fuel budget in half if not more. Same goes for insurance and taxes. This car gets breaks and cuts from pretty much every side.

Good pick. I've had my Auris for two years now and love it. Get's around 55-60mpg and I drive with a heavy foot, when I'm really trying I can get ~70 out of it on long drives.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks, App13. You've solidified my purchase. Now I need to find somewhere that sells them for less than my rent...

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

Tulip Candy posted:

Booze is expensive at bars. Also, I might go camping soon.

Don't bring a flask to a bar. If you can't afford to go out, stay home.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales
Yeah, well, I've just bought a tube of this to seal up my leaky 24 year old Land Rover Defender that does 25 to the gallon on a good day...

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

CowboyKid posted:

Yea this is cringe. Bring the flask to a park outing but not to a bar

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

bobmarleysghost posted:

Yea this is cringe. Bring the flask to a park outing but not to a bar

Qft

Flasks are for movie theatres and getting you through your lovely office job

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
Thanks for the assumption I was gonna bust out my flask inside a bar, I guess the wording was vague enough to think that. I'm not an rear end in a top hat. :v:

It's for when we are in between bars!

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Bought some more shoes.

30% off Asics at hanon-shop.com. Used the code 20ASICS01 for an additional 20% off.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

QuasiQuack posted:

Bought some more shoes.

30% off Asics at hanon-shop.com. Used the code 20ASICS01 for an additional 20% off.

Are those shoes very short or very high?

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Jerry Cotton posted:

Are those shoes very short or very high?

A bit of both I'd say. I think most Asics promo shoes are US9.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

QuasiQuack posted:

A bit of both I'd say. I think most Asics promo shoes are US9.

Man, I'd be afraid of falling off of those.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

CowboyKid posted:

yeah, you bring the Camelbak under the shirt to bars and tell them you are the designated driver so you can get free cokes to mix with.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

JEEVES420 posted:

yeah, you bring the Camelbak under the shirt to bars and tell them you are the designated driver so you can get free cokes to mix with.

http://www.instructables.com/id/baby-flask/

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

The wine rack

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Alcohol dependence is the mother of invention.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

VendaGoat posted:

The wine rack

Yep, that delicious, delicious high-temperature Tempranillo. Warm Wildbacher. Heated Helfensteiner. mmmmm.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

+

Now if EE will hurry up and transfer my number over from Virgin Mobile :(

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sigma X posted:

Yep, that delicious, delicious high-temperature Tempranillo. Warm Wildbacher. Heated Helfensteiner. mmmmm.

Lukewarm Liebfraumilch, duh.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pick posted:

Alcohol dependence is the mother of invention.

Yup

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. A grown man with a ziploc bag of vodka strapped to himself.
I've watched Bags of wine glitter in enormous purses, near the entrance gates. All these memories... Washed away... in an alcoholic haze.
Time to drink.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Lukewarm Liebfraumilch, duh.

https://youtu.be/-xhfJRdwHnU?t=174

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Glottis posted:

You say that, but mark my words, there will be a time when you decide that you don't need to use the guard or want to cut something closer than you can when using the guard, and you WILL cut your finger. It's a rite of passage among mandoline slicer owners.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Also also, your mandoline demands blood and will not rest until you give it some.

I didn't even get through my first potato. :argh: At least my thumb had the decency not to gush all over the perfect potato slices my mandoline gave up in exchange for my sacrificial blood.

Also, I bought one of these because Meh.com had them on sale one day (and because it's probably not going to claim a fingertip whenever I use it):

e: it's an ice cream maker

ibntumart has a new favorite as of 05:13 on Jun 3, 2015

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

Picked up a reasonably cheap true HEPA air purifier to help control the pollen and dust levels in my house. Been running it for almost a week and it has been doing much better than expected.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Is that the Claritin-branded filter? I have one of those on order and am hoping it'll help my wife and me have a summer free from allergy attacks.

-CHA
Jun 21, 2004

State-of-the-art
home video technology

ibntumart posted:

Is that the Claritin-branded filter? I have one of those on order and am hoping it'll help my wife and me have a summer free from allergy attacks.

No, it's the generic True HEPA filters. Really not much of a difference between the units though. As long as its True HEPA and not HEPA-type you shouldn't have any problems with allergies. So far it has helped me in not hacking up mucus and sneezing 50 times an hour.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

-CHA posted:

No, it's the generic True HEPA filters. Really not much of a difference between the units though. As long as its True HEPA and not HEPA-type you shouldn't have any problems with allergies. So far it has helped me in not hacking up mucus and sneezing 50 times an hour.

as an allergy sufferer. I spent the cash on a pro tier filter for my hvac system. worth it.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
I bought a bunch of Zippos, this one being a highlight:

It'll have a pipe insert.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Tea Bone posted:

Good pick. I've had my Auris for two years now and love it. Get's around 55-60mpg and I drive with a heavy foot, when I'm really trying I can get ~70 out of it on long drives.

That's even less than I calculated. Amazing!

Echeveria
Aug 26, 2014

I'm not confused, I just live in Canada. The FSA is through my employer. At then beginning of each year we're given a lump sum, and we can either put it towards RRSP's, our FSA or oFopr Flex spending is basically for personal development. We can pay for courses with it, gym memberships, bikes, green improvements to our residence, and membership fees for any association we are a member of. Our Health Spending account is regulated by the Canadian government, and covers things that our regular health plan doesn't cover. For example, my regular benefits might cover 80 dollars of a 100 dollar massage, and I can claim the remaining 20 from my HSA.

metavisual
Sep 6, 2007

-CHA posted:

Picked up a reasonably cheap true HEPA air purifier to help control the pollen and dust levels in my house. Been running it for almost a week and it has been doing much better than expected.

We have the same one or the smaller version (definitely same style and brand) in my daughter's room, and it works EXTREMELY well at helping to keep her allergies in check.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Echeveria posted:

I'm not confused, I just live in Canada. The FSA is through my employer. At then beginning of each year we're given a lump sum, and we can either put it towards RRSP's, our FSA or oFopr Flex spending is basically for personal development. We can pay for courses with it, gym memberships, bikes, green improvements to our residence, and membership fees for any association we are a member of. Our Health Spending account is regulated by the Canadian government, and covers things that our regular health plan doesn't cover. For example, my regular benefits might cover 80 dollars of a 100 dollar massage, and I can claim the remaining 20 from my HSA.

god drat you canada

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I went on a large amazon spree, grouped for your pleasure.

Watchin' - Son hasn't seen the Shrek movies, all 4 on sale for $20 yesterday

Swimmin' - Inflatable pool BS

Campin' - Coleman 10x14

Householdin' - Slow closing toilet seat, fancy programmable thermostat

Not pictured: Stump remover, lawn mower tire, USB drive, car door handle

App13
Dec 31, 2011

dreesemonkey posted:

Not pictured: Stump remover

The explody kind or the grindy kind

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

App13 posted:

The explody kind or the grindy kind

The much more boring rotting kind (How to)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Websites that cover the screen with a mailing list sign up page: "I hate you".

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

IUG posted:

Websites that cover the screen with a mailing list sign up page: "I hate you".

What's worse is when you actually put in an email address it takes you to a different article than the one you were trying to view.

Also my cure for site that do that is to put support@(websitesdomain).com in as the email address.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

Summer thunderstorm season is almost upon us.