Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
It's funny that THIS is what it took to make that happen. Never mind the rampant flood of pedos + apologist, MRA freaks, furries, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It is quite amazing how badly it escalated.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Trendy takes the forum spergery way too hard.

Also, and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing or even anything, but trendy is following my Twitter account.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

LordCo posted:

If you really want to stack the deck against Cryptic taking action, get an LGBT fleet or two to endorse it. Getting it mentioned by outside sources might also tie Cryptic's hands a bit..

There once was a time when there were no less than four Starfleet LGBT fleets that spammed invites at random, I wouldn't doubt the number has expanded. As for outside sources, that is a great idea and I'm sure you would find no shortage of outraged people willing to blog about it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Are we seeing eve-like levels of meltdown?

Can someone provide a rundown of pubbie flake outs?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Mondian posted:

There once was a time when there were no less than four Starfleet LGBT fleets that spammed invites at random, I wouldn't doubt the number has expanded. As for outside sources, that is a great idea and I'm sure you would find no shortage of outraged people willing to blog about it.

Massively posted a short blurb on this whole forums meltdown over some background NPCs, so maybe they'd make some mention of the contest if notified.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
maybe approach one of the big LGBT fleets and have them actually announce and run the contest, with dental/Wesley/NoP as sponsors and generous provider of prizes?

"171st LGBT of Starfleet is proud to announce the such and such foundry contest, with xyz prizes generously donated by our friends in Starfleet dental / Shutup wesley etc"

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

^^^ Sounds good to me. Wesley's always happy to throw in more prizes if the contest actually gains exposure/popularity.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DonDoodles posted:

Massively posted a short blurb on this whole forums meltdown over some background NPCs, so maybe they'd make some mention of the contest if notified.

Massively has a new article up too

http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/02/star-trek-online-highlights-summer-events-addresses-klesbiangate/

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

It would be very poetic for the game's lovely playerbase to be its final nail in the coffin.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Anyone giving odds on at least one thread bitching about neon pink ships within a week after the color palate thing goes live?

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

hakimashou posted:

Someone with a bajoran avatar is upset about trendy's gay jesus twitter

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1471971

The post of course is long gone now, but it was absolutely retarded for a community manager to post a picture of a religious figure behaving skeezy with her official account. Homophobic forum idiots don't excuse that.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

LordCo posted:

If we announced it now? Probably. I think they'd see through it. In a couple of weeks after three of four other outrages have softened the memory of Bluegeek? Maybe not. If you really want to stack the deck against Cryptic taking action, get an LGBT fleet or two to endorse it. Getting it mentioned by outside sources might also tie Cryptic's hands a bit.

It would cause a hell of a lot more drama if they tried to shut it down.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

hakimashou posted:

maybe approach one of the big LGBT fleets and have them actually announce and run the contest, with dental/Wesley/NoP as sponsors and generous provider of prizes?

"171st LGBT of Starfleet is proud to announce the such and such foundry contest, with xyz prizes generously donated by our friends in Starfleet dental / Shutup wesley etc"

Might be nice if they were asked to provide a couple of judges as well.

And I suppose we should start working on contest rules, time frame, etc. I was actually thinking about this last night and while it sort of started off as a bit of a joke, this could actually turn out to be something very, very good. Anyway, my thoughts:

1 - Do the bulk of the advertising outside of Cryptic's control - Reddit, Massively, Twitter, etc.
2 - Fire up a domain and website to host contest rules/info, etc
3 - Clearly and constantly state that the contest is not sponsored/sanctioned/associated with Cryptic in any way

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

LGBT - Lesbians Got Bluegeek Tossed

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Valatar posted:

The post of course is long gone now, but it was absolutely retarded for a community manager to post a picture of a religious figure behaving skeezy with her official account. Homophobic forum idiots don't excuse that.

Don't really care one way or the other regarding the actual trendy/forums "controversy", but the post in question only added fuel to the forums fire that was already burning, and that's all that matters here. Many players banned or suspended, threads closed/disappeared, still simmering resentment that could come to a head at any perceived slight; the stage is set for another Nopps/Dental intervention.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Valatar posted:

It was her personal account, wasn't it?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
It's a personal account that uses the same name as the STO forums account, mentions being the community moderator for STO in the account description, and gets used for discussing STO community manager business. I'm not calling for blood or anything but it was a dumb thing to post when it's your job to get people to chill the gently caress out. It's also quietly been removed so who the gently caress cares at this point.

Also I'm not sure if I should be dumping prizes into the foundry contest pool or planning my entry to win them but I'm done as a fan of the idea either way. You know what gently caress it I got enough stuff, I'll be kicking in a few piles of superior upgrades to go out as participation prizes to all entries that don't get the big ticket prizes. I can always make an episode as well and just recuse myself from prize consideration.

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 2, 2015

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9313623

The horrible looking Feregni summer ship has been announced.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Eh, that's not too ba- wait, it faces that way?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Burning_Monk posted:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9313623

The horrible looking Feregni summer ship has been announced.

Not gonna lie. The back end of the ship kind of looks penis shaped when you look at the thumbnail.

Granted, it's the Ferengi. So it sort of fits...

Edit: Still a horrible waste that it's essentially backwards though. Give us dick ships Cryptic! :argh:

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 2, 2015

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

MikeJF posted:

Eh, that's not too ba- wait, it faces that way?

Given the Benthan cruiser fiasco who knows which way it was meant to go?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I refuse to believe it actually flies the way depicted in the picture. I think it's more likely they added the little warp trail graphics on the wrong side.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A Fancy Bloke posted:

I refuse to believe it actually flies the way depicted in the picture. I think it's more likely they added the little warp trail graphics on the wrong side.

Maybe it's just reversing!

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

A Fancy Bloke posted:

You can see the little claw things that were on the front of the D'Kora. Safe to say it is the front.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

For those who want Lohlunat Favors, they've doubled and in some places tripled the awards given for the mission that give them

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=24131581&postcount=386

They also decreased the lobi cost of the favor packs

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That's pretty nice. It's not that they were hard to get, but it was tedious as gently caress to actually do so and it was hilarious to see the high prices for favors and costumes and such during the event last year.

Also what the gently caress Cryptic, I just did a CCA that was basically a slideshow. I got killed three times due to being unable to move or use abilities and each one I rubber banded halfway across the loving map when it finally caught up. It's not anything on my end, everything else in the game is fine, so what the gently caress is up with their servers? Just how bad are they at running this game? :psyduck:

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Asimo posted:

That's pretty nice. It's not that they were hard to get, but it was tedious as gently caress to actually do so and it was hilarious to see the high prices for favors and costumes and such during the event last year.

Also what the gently caress Cryptic, I just did a CCA that was basically a slideshow. I got killed three times due to being unable to move or use abilities and each one I rubber banded halfway across the loving map when it finally caught up. It's not anything on my end, everything else in the game is fine, so what the gently caress is up with their servers? Just how bad are they at running this game? :psyduck:

That happens to me in CCA from time to time. I also sometimes get the same deal in Fleet Alerts. Something is just wrong with those two ques.

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
I quit doing them a while ago for the same reasons. The rubber-banding was giving me whiplash.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
I logged in over the weekend and when flying through sector space my ship kept blinking in and out. Is this a new common bug or was my gpu melting down?

Cyberball 2072 fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 3, 2015

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

https://twitter.com/Salami_Inferno/status/605847320559632386

One lag list down... another to go.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013
http://pastebin.com/HuAEgmj5

We have a new cadet in the Academy, 4ID from the above pastebin wants to join our proud ranks!

Also this:

[2:53] [Tell] Serenity@Renner-swg: this is a form of cyber bullying im asking you to stop please

All because I was standing around on Risa around where they logged in.

Goat Pillager fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 3, 2015

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The ferengi ship has a similar shape to the cardassian hideki.

Also no mistake about the front and back, they copied the front of the d'kora and also the guns on the d'kora.

I say, the uglier the better, lots of spergs dont like the ferengi and if they want a free t6 ship to fly, i'm happy they are stuck with this thing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

hakimashou posted:

I say, the uglier the better, lots of spergs dont like the ferengi and if they want a free t6 ship to fly, i'm happy they are stuck with this thing.
Yeah, I actually kind of like the look of it and I don't see where the hate is coming from. If it was actually reversed it would just be horribly generic. The real question is whether the skin has shiny gold plating, it's hard to tell from the screenshot.

And to be honest, the stats look pretty great. It's pretty much the poor man's Nicor, and it might well be better if you're Romulan and can shove superior operatives in all six seats.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Asimo posted:

Yeah, I actually kind of like the look of it and I don't see where the hate is coming from. If it was actually reversed it would just be horribly generic. The real question is whether the skin has shiny gold plating, it's hard to tell from the screenshot.

And to be honest, the stats look pretty great. It's pretty much the poor man's Nicor, and it might well be better if you're Romulan and can shove superior operatives in all six seats.

Well that's kind of the thing. It's pretty close to the D'Kora model, just fancied up and pronged up. Same basic shape. Except that the opposite end is the back.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Asimo posted:

Ya reversed it would be a temporal destroyer or sci or something with ferengi colors.

Also, how much of it can be made hot pink.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Berke Negri posted:

It would be very poetic for the game's lovely playerbase to be its final nail in the coffin.

In many ways, it's like Star Trek 4 the voyage home, in which the enterprise must travel through time to undo a mistake in humanity's past; the frivolous destruction of a natural wonder, the Humpback Whale.

Perhaps, if Xean could harness the power of facebook to slingshot himself back to an era when blogs on geocities ruled the internet, he could find the moment in time when we made the fatal error which would one day lead to f2p niche MMOs with complimentary forums, that resulted in the doom of the LGBT community.

Will we survive the alien probe long enough for his mission to succeed?!

DAVE!!!(c)(tm)
Feb 22, 2003
This was at the end of a huge bio involving section 31, brainwashing, selling into slavery, and at least one nuclear explosion destroying a planet.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Level 60 character in a T2 (I think?) flight deck cruiser.

So they went to the effort of buying it from the zen store but not the effort of getting the endgame version. Too busy ERPing I guess.

Actually I don't think I need to guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Great news, goons. Fifty Shades of Blue is now up in the Foundry for reviewers (I think). Thanks to the two goons who've rated it five stars so far! I actually... Kind of had fun writing it?

• Locked thread