Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, you can't. What you can do is extract them for use in an eshop-purchased digital version of the game though. There is a tool on the eShop for doing so with.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. This is the only case I can see occurring in which I'd want to keep the save but return the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

If anyone wants it, here's a code for Mighty Switch Force

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Fremry posted:

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. This is the only case I can see occurring in which I'd want to keep the save but return the game.

You have to already have purchased the eShop version before the tool will work.

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

Canned Panda posted:

If anyone wants it, here's a code for Mighty Switch Force
Thanks!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

You have to already have purchased the eShop version before the tool will work.

Good 'ole Nintendo. Even when you do something consumer-oriented, you hobble it.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Fremry posted:

Good 'ole Nintendo. Even when you do something consumer-oriented, you hobble it.

The idea was so you can't just go buy carts rip the game then return / resell it.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Tormented posted:

The idea was so you can't just go buy carts rip the game then return / resell it.

It rips the whole cart? Why not just take the save file off of it?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Fremry posted:

It rips the whole cart? Why not just take the save file off of it?

That's exactly what it does. It shouldn't touch anything other than save files.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

So did anybody else pick up lord of magna or is this thread too uptight for animes

I just got home with it about to fire it up. The soundtrack is beefy and it actually has a proper manual! Swanky.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Europe, so.

Please enjoy. (it will probably be not particularly good)

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Terper posted:

Europe, so.

Please enjoy. (it will probably be not particularly good)

It is made by the rune factory team. Their poo poo is made of gold and smells of peppermints.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i love anime but it looks like garbage

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Stupid Nintendo. $9 is too much to pay for Dr. Mario when you just gave it to me for free on Club Nintendo three times.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Flynn Taggart posted:

It is made by the rune factory team. Their poo poo is made of gold and smells of peppermints.

It was made by a rune factory team that was being shut down mid project and had to have some of the team brought on after being shut down to quickly finish the game up so they could ship it so whatever the case it's a game by them that's missing a bunch of features and is otherwise really rough all around. That's what I've heard at least.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
https://www.humblebundle.com/?nintendo_indiebundle&utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Humble%20Nindie%20Bundle

sportsball, gunman clive, bit trip

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The rumor was a lot more interesting. Gunman Clive is literally a dollar game and everyone probably got Bit Trip from a bundle at this point.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Well looks like I am going to have a Gunman Clive code to give away. :(

Already got 100% on Bit.Trip Runner 2 on 360 as well but that game owns so I may keep it.

And Sportsball is. You know. What it is. So yeah, in summary: booooo.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Rirse posted:

The rumor was a lot more interesting. Gunman Clive is literally a dollar game and everyone probably got Bit Trip from a bundle at this point.

I figured there was no way Shantae would have been in it. It just came out. Probably a future Nindi bundle.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rirse posted:

Do we get emailed the codes for the games added later if we paid more than the average?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Louisgod posted:

Do we get emailed the codes for the games added later if we paid more than the average?

Go back to the page you got the codes from; they've added them there.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Monkey Fracas posted:

Go back to the page you got the codes from; they've added them there.

Oh nice, thank you. I have a Gunman Clive code if anybody wants it.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Louisgod posted:

I'll take it. I've got a spare Guac code if anybody wants one.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

If anyone wants Clive or Sportsball let me know. Gone!

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 2, 2015

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Kaethela posted:

If anyone wants Clive or Sportsball let me know.

If that Sportsball's around I'll take it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Edit: Thanks.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 2, 2015

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Tyson Tomko posted:

I'll take it. I've got a spare Guac code if anybody wants one.
I would love this if it's still available.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Louisgod posted:

After a cool little minigame via pm got the code from this gentlemen and scholar!

Fritzler posted:

I would love this if it's still available.

Sorry good sir someone hit me up over pm and grabbed it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'll take Clive if you still got it.

Seanmcbay @ gmail

Fawf posted:

If that Sportsball's around I'll take it

Sent you both PMs.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Mario Golf goons:

Is Mario Golf World Tour still a pro click? I have a weird hankering for a golf game. Like, are the asynchronous tournaments still live to enter and get the prizes and stuff? Does anybody still organize non-official tournaments? Do new official tournaments still come out?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What am I supposed to do with my 3DS before 2016 and the new Fire Emblem and Bravely Second come out?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Terper posted:

What am I supposed to do with my 3DS before 2016 and the new Fire Emblem and Bravely Second come out?

There are puzzling dragons that need you.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Little Battlers eXperience, son.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

deadly_pudding posted:

Mario Golf goons:

Is Mario Golf World Tour still a pro click? I have a weird hankering for a golf game. Like, are the asynchronous tournaments still live to enter and get the prizes and stuff? Does anybody still organize non-official tournaments? Do new official tournaments still come out?

Very much so. There isn't as big of a goon tourney presence these days (3 different people, including myself, ran leagues for a bit, but they all kinda fizzled) but you can still enter the official tournaments, which are still ongoing.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Mario Golf goons:

Yes. Play Mario Golf. It is a good game.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

jivjov posted:

Very much so. There isn't as big of a goon tourney presence these days (3 different people, including myself, ran leagues for a bit, but they all kinda fizzled) but you can still enter the official tournaments, which are still ongoing.

Kaethela posted:

Yes. Play Mario Golf. It is a good game.

Thanks. I was having trouble finding out about the tournaments, since the only published schedule appears to be a table on mariowiki from like last year. I will probably play Mario Golf.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

deadly_pudding posted:

Mario Golf goons:

Mario Golf was the reason I caved and bought a 3DS in the first place. It's still an excellent game and the online scene is still pretty fun and happenin.

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

Terper posted:

Monster Hunter should last you until then.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Terper posted:

Senran Kagura 2 is out in August.

general chaos
May 20, 2001
Well, it looks like I got into Theatrhythm: Curtain Call a few months too late. I had heard about people using streetpasses and online battles to trade quest maps with decent rewards, but had no luck finding anyone in matchmaking at different times this past week. Ended up setting homepass again for the first time since everything went wonky a few updates ago and had no luck getting any Curtain Call hits through there, either. Even with the designated Theatrhythm mac address, oddly.

Speaking of Homepass - there used to be a dedicated mac address for Miis with white outfits for Find Mii bullshit. Looks like that went away, right? Would have been useful for abusing in Monster Manor at least.

Looks like almost everyone that has a homepass setup went ahead and bought Warrior's Way. I get maybe one batch of recruits for every 8 visiting warlords .

general chaos fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

BisterdDave posted:

Seriously, why would they bring DQ8 overseas if they still haven't localized DW7?

Square-Enix's porting decisions are based about as much in logic as there is effort and quality put toward the ports themselves.